test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Sharpedge's "Almost Everything" CW Guide (Mod 9):

Comments

• geeq5geeq5 Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    If I may ask, why post a guide publicly if access is restricted?
    Is this guide just for certain people?
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    geeq5 said:

If I may ask, why post a guide publicly if access is restricted?

Is this guide just for certain people?

Is it possible you missed the link? I don't think the guide is restricted. The link is on the first page:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GBmw_bjgSrdkEnQ8GR_N5HgIuEfcvOxXXGDd7cJr-0Y/pub

• geeq5geeq5 Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    When I try to view the docs I get a notification stating that I need to request access first
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    The same thing happens to me on my smartphone, due to the fact that I have a Google docs account and use Chrome. On my PC I have no issues. Try copying the link and opening in new tab or use Explorer.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited July 2016

Hi thefabricant,

Recently I changed my Renegade path to Thaumaturge.

I want to know what it's the best companion to replace my intellect devourer.

Currently I have this :
    Fire Archon (epic) Summoned
    Air Archon (epic)
    Erinyes of Belial (epic)
    Blink Dog (epic)
    Intellect Devourer (blue)

What is your suggestion:

Siege Master or Wild hunt rider. Maybe take the 2 and replace the Blink Dog.

Side note :
    I use the Erinyes of Belial because with Bonding I have 91% critic => 93% with overload 95,5% with potion.
    I'm planning to reach 100% for Module 10 without overload and potion.

I'm not sure, but is it right to think that with 100% critic Erinyes of Belial is 10% increase in damage or critical severity have a diminishing return that I don't know ?
    (I use a Transcended Dread Enchantment.)

Maybe it's more complex because Spell Storm doesn't critic.

Is it for this reason that Siege Master and Wild Hunt rider are better than the dancing blade?

They can increase your spell storm damage.

Thanks

Critical severity has "diminishing returns."

Say you have 75% critical severity and you then add a companion that adds 10%. Also, lets make things easier and assume you have 100% critical strike chance. These are the best case scenarios. in the best case scenario, adding 10% critical severity is a 1.85/1.75-1 = 5.7% dps increase. That is in the best case scenario. The critical severity from dread doesn't show on your char sheet, try taking it off, you will see the number doesn't drop. You actually have an additional 75% critical severity on encounters. This means that companions that add percentages to damage, rather than flat numbers, are in most cases, superior.
  • gildriadorgildriador Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    Thanks for your explanation about how critical severity damage are calculated.

Finally I decided to buy the siege master and I upgraded it to epic to replace my Intellect Devourer.

And I will test the Wild hunt rider (epic) VS the Erinyes of Belial (epic).

Thanks again
    “He raised his staff. There was a roll of thunder. The sunlight was blotted out from the eastern windows; the whole hall became suddenly dark as night. The fire faded to sullen embers. Only Gandalf could be seen, standing white and tall before the blackened hearth.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
  • nathan#8975 nathan Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    Just to clarify, because some of that math jargon went over my head.

Are you saying that companions with increase % to overall damage perform better than companions that boost %crit severity ?( assuming best case scenarios )

Also, any thoughts on priestess of sehanine moonbow ? I bought her expecting bad <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> results. So far we have had a Luke warm relationship.

My crit chance goes into the 90's with her, but she has no damaging spells. I've heard shadow demons can add upwards of 15m damage on a run. I'm not sure she beats that

Just to clarify, because some of that math jargon went over my head.

Are you saying that companions with increase % to overall damage perform better than companions that boost %crit severity ?( assuming best case scenarios )

Also, any thoughts on priestess of sehanine moonbow ? I bought her expecting bad **** results. So far we have had a Luke warm relationship.

My crit chance goes into the 90's with her, but she has no damaging spells. I've heard shadow demons can add upwards of 15m damage on a run. I'm not sure she beats that

Yes, companions that add to critical severity to exactly that, they add. This makes them inferior to companions that flat out multiply it in most cases. As for an active companion, if you want a buff companion the priestess is fine, but honestly, I would recommend getting a fire archon or paranoid delusion. The delusions are relatively cheap atm. If you want a better buffer, then the harper bard is a good choice. If you want a debuffer, the sellsword is a good choice.
  • crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    Re: paranoid delusion, does the active work on bosses? I assumed no. I have a shadow demon and a paranoid delusion and have been using the Demon.

Re: paranoid delusion, does the active work on bosses? I assumed no. I have a shadow demon and a paranoid delusion and have been using the Demon.

It does not work on bosses.

It does not work on bosses.
    Thank you sir. I hope you are unbanned and able to get back in game by now.
  • masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I've had the owlbear cub for a while (I'm a drow MOF renegade spelltwisting going for max buffs). I'm just wondering what mechanics would make owlbear much better for Thaum? As is, he's fairly underwhelming, outside of CoI
  • solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    hi man, whats your suggestion for pvp on the matter of 1st IWD boon?
    solbergx said:

hi man, whats your suggestion for pvp on the matter of 1st IWD boon?

No idea, to date, I have never PVPed. Sorry. I am sure @ironzerg79 can give better advice.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    My advice for PvP in Neverwinter? Stuffing a rabid weasel down your pants is more fun. :smiley:
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User

My advice for PvP in Neverwinter? Stuffing a rabid weasel down your pants is more fun. :smiley:

I will try that!!!
    Minor update: Improved the section on armor penetration with a small note for pvp players.
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited July 2016

I 2nd that. PvP in Neverwinter is super-unbalanced and worth only if you're a m.a.s.o.c.h.i.s.t. in your soul. When I tell this to people, they call me a troll and/or laugh. Then they try PvP. Then they ragequit or try to buildup some crazy theory how "they could win if only that factor X met the factor Y to which the factor Z would follow".
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
    Changed title due to the forum merge.
  • kgamikgami Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    After reading Sharpedge's guide i'm still kinda confused on my CW build....is there a crit strike cap or not? I currently have 13 439 with 20k pow and 64% crit chance....I feel underpowered dps wise :( (in the midst of changing vorpal to dread enchant)
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Crit from Gear, Artifacts, Enchants, Overloads, Insignias, Bondings/companion gear and enchants can get you to 100% crit. However, make sure you are ARP capped first (From same sources as above). ARP>CRIT>POWER.
    edited July 2016
    Was a little bored and decided to duo the dungeons with a friend of mine, Freedom, on his DC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDkfPvtoTEI

We wore our mod 5 sets for the lols. Wasn't particularly difficult and I was playing MoF rene at the time.
  • ladieashe#2881 ladieashe Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I am new to Neverwinter(love it so far) and also dungeons and dragons, so naturally I'm still learning the game. Currently I am level 41 human, and I've been trying to experiment with different CW builds. However sometimes I feel like my burst numbers are fairly low. I would love some advice on a good build, rotation and how to keep nice aoe numbers consistently, especially in dungeons I skimmed through the nice "almost everything guide" but it was so advanced lol. I did read from the game what CW should focus their ability skills in, I've read the effects of the powers as well, and i have a general idea about the debuffs, not sure about all the buffs. I would also like to know a good control build. What ways could I improve my numbers, I know gear, enchantments, ability scores are all taken into consideration, so a general idea and rundown from experienced players would definitely be appreciated! :) :)

I am new to Neverwinter(love it so far) and also dungeons and dragons, so naturally I'm still learning the game. Currently I am level 41 human, and I've been trying to experiment with different CW builds. However sometimes I feel like my burst numbers are fairly low. I would love some advice on a good build, rotation and how to keep nice aoe numbers consistently, especially in dungeons I skimmed through the nice "almost everything guide" but it was so advanced lol. I did read from the game what CW should focus their ability skills in, I've read the effects of the powers as well, and i have a general idea about the debuffs, not sure about all the buffs. I would also like to know a good control build. What ways could I improve my numbers, I know gear, enchantments, ability scores are all taken into consideration, so a general idea and rundown from experienced players would definitely be appreciated! :):)

If you are looking for something simpler its understandable and I would recommend the build by @ironzerg79. With that being said, if you want a little bit of a filter to make this simpler, I would skip to section 2 and read through that and then depending on whether the sound of MoF/SS stands out to you, I would either go for MoF thaum or SS ren. You can find a build for either in section 3. Finally, section 4 may be the most helpful section for you as well as Appendix 7.
  • ladieashe#2881 ladieashe Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Hi there, I'll definitely go check that out, thanks!!!
    Pity I can't name and shame here, since a certain player just scammed me out of my trans elven battle and I would get some satisfaction knowing that they didn't get away with it.
    That's B.S. Fab. Sorry that happened to you.
This discussion has been closed.