Post edited by thefabricant on

Comments

• Options
    itblsitbls Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    Well done.
  • Options
    katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Great guide! Especially the portion on AD generation. That part was just phenomenal! The guy who wrote that deserves a free vorpal enchant!

In all seriousness, this is a great source of information, far better than my puny little guide. It's also... 50 pages longer than my guide? Like I said, this is great​​
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • Options
    zhodiazhodia Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Awesome :)
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Great Guide, Fab! So are you now advocating Focused Wizardy for BIS SS Thaum Builds?
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    niadan said:

Great Guide, Fab! So are you now advocating Focused Wizardy for BIS SS Thaum Builds?

Since the discovery regarding icy terrain (which can be seen in the guide) yes.
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Fully understand now that I actually read the encounter section, instead of skimming it. And here I thought I knew everything about these encounters (obviously not)...thanks for the information.
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Nice work, thank you for sharing this info
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    To add to this, I have created a CW channel called "Mages Guild" for anyone interested in being a part of a CW channel. Considering the DC's and the GF's have one I think it seems appropriate and considering we are the most active class in this game (at least it sure feels that way!) we should have a channel of our own :p
  • Options
    malabogpigfeedermalabogpigfeeder Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Woaaaaaw very nice, the guide seems amazing i skipped to the part that i wanted to see MoF oppressor and i'm not taking your build, sorry glacial movement is far too fun to pass out. I'll read a bit more now. One more thing, do you have any clue about elol set nerf?
    I would appreciate you to not read my signature, now that you did, dont do it again.
  • Options

Woaaaaaw very nice, the guide seems amazing i skipped to the part that i wanted to see MoF oppressor and i'm not taking your build, sorry glacial movement is far too fun to pass out. I'll read a bit more now. One more thing, do you have any clue about elol set nerf?

I don't, it may get nerfed, or it may not but since I have it, I will stick with it until the devs either make something better, or nerf it and won't worry about it till then.
  • Options
    umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    Thanks a lot for this. I linked it on my guild's forum. :)
  • Options
    The orcus set seems very nice for somebody wanting to get a balance between endurance and damage, apart from that, i dont see valindra set or costum set beating elol set even if it get's nerfed to "unbufable".
    I would appreciate you to not read my signature, now that you did, dont do it again.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    OK, finished, very nice, learned some very useful things xD
  • Options
    zak3056zak3056 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    I think the bit about High Vizier may be outdated. Unlike High Prophet (which is still awesome because it's percentage based) HV subtracts stat points. With the new stat curves in play from mod6, I don't know that this still translates to a 30% debuff, or if it's more of a 3.5% debuff these days.
  • Options
    zak3056 said:

I think the bit about High Vizier may be outdated. Unlike High Prophet (which is still awesome because it's percentage based) HV subtracts stat points. With the new stat curves in play from mod6, I don't know that this still translates to a 30% debuff, or if it's more of a 3.5% debuff these days.

It is still 30%. its easy to test. It doesn't work on the new stat curves and is completely independent from them.
    To test:
    hit a monster a bunch of times with some at will.
    cast steal time (with the HV set on)
    hit a bunch of times again
    You should see a 30% effectiveness increase on the combat log.
  • Options
    enomic123enomic123 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    A great guide with tons of never before published information. Awesome work guys.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    The great disparity between elol and other sets.. will not make elol less worthwhile even with a "fix" btw a drop of say 15% dps off from it from this set on CWs , would still make it way better then ANY other set by 10X.

This is the great flaw in the debate.. there is simply NOTHING out there worth taking over elol set.. even after a fix.

BTW what does this "fix" do do dps classes that only get a 5-10% bump up from elol.. make it a 2-3% bump?

I think they need to be careful here.. its literally two classes that make elol set over the top.

A. CW.. which makes CW dps competitive and
    B. GWF that makes them god like.

I think if they actually just fix the interaction of GWF set it would rebalance the entire thing to a acceptable level.

new set doesnt appear to be a CW set

BTW great job @thefabricant

He is really dedicated in terms of testing! If you want to learn something about this class.. read this!

• Options
    deflectroquedeflectroque Member Posts: 16 Arc User
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    zak3056 said:

The buff to your own defense is still 450 defense per stack, but the debuff itself is 10%

In other words, for each stack of HV on your enemy, they are debuffed by 10%. Each stack of HV on yourself grants you an additional 450 defense (1.12% DR).
    Post edited by katamaster81899 on
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
  • Options

The great disparity between elol and other sets.. will not make elol less worthwhile even with a "fix" btw a drop of say 15% dps off from it from this set on CWs , would still make it way better then ANY other set by 10X.

This is the great flaw in the debate.. there is simply NOTHING out there worth taking over elol set.. even after a fix.

BTW what does this "fix" do do dps classes that only get a 5-10% bump up from elol.. make it a 2-3% bump?

I think they need to be careful here.. its literally two classes that make elol set over the top.

I think if they actually just fix the interaction of GWF set it would rebalance the entire thing to a acceptable level.

He is really dedicated in terms of testing! If you want to learn something about this class.. read this!

What's the new set bonus? what are the stats on belt ?

If elol set was to be fixed so that it does only 1,5k damage per hit, I think valindra set would be better, only because of the stats on belt which are 100% useless on lostmauth set.
  • Options
    umsche wrote: »

What's the new set bonus? what are the stats on belt ?

If elol set was to be fixed so that it does only 1,5k damage per hit, I think valindra set would be better, only because of the stats on belt which are 100% useless on lostmauth set.

Power, Arpen, and Crit? How is that useless?​​
    dulopa4e1d9.png
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    I think he is talking about +2STR +2DES instead +2INT +2CHA from valindra
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    edited March 2016

I think he is talking about +2STR +2DES instead +2INT +2CHA from valindra

Yep, that. I should have written "belt".
  • Options
    edited March 2016
  • Options
    ragnoir3ragnoir3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    Very good guide, thank you. You mention for Phantasmal Destruction that if you have high crit severity that it has reduced effectiveness. What is the point you consider this to be? With the two crit sev. companions and one boon I have 105% sheet crit severity as well as a trans. Vorpal.

Would it be better to put all 5 points into Nightmare Wizardry and/or swap out one of the crit severity companions?
  • Options
    ragnoir3 said:

Very good guide, thank you. You mention for Phantasmal Destruction that if you have high crit severity that it has reduced effectiveness. What is the point you consider this to be? With the two crit sev. companions and one boon I have 105% sheet crit severity as well as a trans. Vorpal.

Would it be better to put all 5 points into Nightmare Wizardry and/or swap out one of the crit severity companions?

I would swap out 1 or both of the crit severity companions with companions that provide a percentage damage increase. Siege master, wild hunt rider and the archons, or a blink dog/intellect devourer being examples.
  • Options

ragnoir3 said:

I would swap out 1 or both of the crit severity companions with companions that provide a percentage damage increase. Siege master, wild hunt rider and the archons, or a blink dog/intellect devourer being examples.
    Or an owlbear if you don't have that.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
  • Options
    kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    Good job! Very insightful! Thanks for the lots of testing and info here! :)
This discussion has been closed.