Install Arc
Options

We are under attack!

Comments

• Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    rattler2 said:

gausnen said:

If this happens one more time while I'm playing I'm through with this game. Cryptic has failed at so much, but to fail at even keeping their servers up is incomprehensible to me. Get your HAMSTER together.

No company is immune to DDoS. Even Blizzard has the occasional problem. Just ride it out with the rest of us man. He'll lose interest again.
    He's been doing this every night for what, a week? This has to end.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

He's been doing this every night for what, a week? This has to end.

3-4 days at least on this latest rash of attacks. This isn't the first time he did it either.
    848d8c4af425ca165c80f1959de02ba1-d7jlk1h.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
  • Options
    john6522 said:

People actually donate to him for ddosing it as well. At the end of the day, cryptic and arc have shown that our money isn't worth their time.

Now THAT is a way to find him. Follow the Money.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 96 Arc User

I figured I'd share this over here as you guys need a morale boost while we wait out the Prick.
    848d8c4af425ca165c80f1959de02ba1-d7jlk1h.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    john6522 said:

Got to remember, its just a game and he has diplomatic immunity. There are other games to play.

Diplomatic Immunity? Give me a break.

Is he the son of a foreign diplomat on US soil? That's what it would take to claim that.

LOL.
  • Options
    samerikersameriker Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

Actually there is a way. If you can locate him, that's when you get a court order for a search warrant. Seize his computer and go through it with a microscope. If he's renting a botnet, the Feds then follow the money -- crawl through his bank records, credit card records, you name it. Believe me, they can nail him.

Call. The. F B I

Have you been watching TV cop shows? If you have $5,000 to $10,000 laying about, you can hire a lawyer to get the IP listing from Twitter. They don't just give it away you know. The Feds don't give a rip about some "video game crime". o.O They are out looking for terrorist. Now you have his IP from Twitter, you need his home address from his ISP... Lawyers ask for more money, now you got his name and home address or do you? He could be using the local library, airport or McDs'! Wifi is great tech but it bites us security guys up in our junk sometimes. Real world, just wait him out. He will get bored or lose money.
    Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident; the only earthly certainty is oblivion. ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    bluangelukbluangeluk Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    sameriker said:

Have you been watching TV cop shows? If you have $5,000 to $10,000 laying about, you can hire a lawyer to get the IP listing from Twitter. They don't just give it away you know. The Feds don't give a rip about some "video game crime". o.O They are out looking for terrorist. Now you have his IP from Twitter, you need his home address from his ISP... Lawyers ask for more money, now you got his name and home address or do you? He could be using the local library, airport or McDs'! Wifi is great tech but it bites us security guys up in our junk sometimes. Real world, just wait him out. He will get bored or lose money.

They are out looking for terrorist. Are they really doing that? I'm not so sure.... :wink:
    "Here's a circle... I'm not sure it's a real circle, so don't trust it too much!" Idril (AoGlyph)
    9abea38.png
  • Options
    flamehellflamehell Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    morenthar said:

It is starting to get rather tiring.

If PWE/Cryptic can't figure this one out, the game is truly doomed.

they know what it is. we just havent wasted enough money to make them understand that their incomptence is truely paying off. i already started to download dfo and eq2 since the servers there are more stable

• Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    Hey guys, worry not. I dispatched my pug dog to track down the felon and dispose of him.
    He's on his way right now. Just you wait. A battle is about to begin.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    @pando83

Do you really own a Pug? That would explain so much! lol :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

rattler2 said:

hustin1 said:

This is intolerable. Can't they find this person? File a lawsuit, call law enforcement, hire someone to go there and go Vegas on him, whatever. There HAS to be a solution to this.

Amen. They can trace him surely. And file a lawsuit...loss of earnings. People like this are a waste of oxygen. He probably thinks he's clever and is clearly desperate for attention. Pity him.
    You're assuming he's American. I think some people who tracked him down on Twitter discovered he was Croatian or something from that region of the world, hence the timing of his attacks.
    That's why you call the FBI. They have the means and the contacts to make something happen overseas if necessary.
    you need to stop watching too many TV shows.

the FBI can't just "make something happen" when it comes to issues occurring overseas. contrary to what you might think, the USA doesn't govern the rest of the world.

any authority the FBI would have outside the USA would rely on the other country's willingness to cooperate.

if the person who is conducting these attacks is residing in a country that has no extradition treaty with the US, and its government refuses any request, the FBI and any other agency is completely powerless to do anything.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • Options
    gotchapunkazzgotchapunkazz Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    OK ive read post saying the guy is bragging about doing this on twitter,...A devil is a person who does bad deeds and brags about it....dun worry lady Karma will get him...ive seen lady Karma in action..she allways gets teh bad guys.

I want to also point out that dew to china's cyber attacks on other countries the last few years....governments/law enforcement agencies are bringing the smackdown on any-1 who gets caught doing such a thing.

P.S....Here's an idea..Rather than calling the cops on him..i say give him a job cryptic,to make sure no-1 else can DDOS your servers >:)
  • Options
    breach#9240 breach Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    > @cerberusxll said:
    > This is intolerable. Can't they find this person? File a lawsuit, call law enforcement, hire someone to go there and go Vegas on him, whatever. There HAS to be a solution to this.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Amen. They can trace him surely. And file a lawsuit...loss of earnings. People like this are a waste of oxygen. He probably thinks he's clever and is clearly desperate for attention. Pity him.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You're assuming he's American. I think some people who tracked him down on Twitter discovered he was Croatian or something from that region of the world, hence the timing of his attacks.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That's why you call the FBI. They have the means and the contacts to make something happen overseas if necessary.
    >
    >
    >
    > you need to stop watching too many TV shows.
    >
    > the FBI can't just "make something happen" when it comes to issues occurring overseas. contrary to what you might think, the USA doesn't govern the rest of the world.
    >
    > any authority the FBI would have outside the USA would rely on the other country's willingness to cooperate.
    >
    > if the person who is conducting these attacks is residing in a country that has no extradition treaty with the US, and its government refuses any request, the FBI and any other agency is completely powerless to do anything.

Your under the dillusion that the FBI and other angeNcies actually operate within the bounds of the law/international law BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
  • Options
    gotchapunkazzgotchapunkazz Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    OK ive read a post saying he brags on twitter and that ppl are donating to him on twitter for doing it? this leads me to believe he'she and his/her followers are banned players perhaps?...ive even been told that this person has bragged about these attacks in the game itself?
  • Options
    browncoat1701dbrowncoat1701d Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    A$$HOLES are found everywhere... This is most likely a punk kid who is proficient in finding ways to do this type of thing (which is NOT that hard BTW if you know how to google it...) ... https://www.us-cert.gov/ncas/tips/ST04-015
    Are there things that ARC/PWE could do? Perhaps... BUT... I am not about to let this deter me from playing a game that I very much like to play... This type of attack can happen to ALMOST any... I REPEAT ANY site... I refer to this part of the link I posted:
    "How do you avoid being part of the problem?
    Unfortunately, there are no effective ways to prevent being the victim of a DoS or DDoS attack, but there are steps you can take to reduce the likelihood that an attacker will use your computer to attack other computers:
    Install and maintain anti-virus software (see Understanding Anti-Virus Software for more information).
    Install a firewall, and configure it to restrict traffic coming into and leaving your computer (see Understanding Firewalls for more information).
    Follow good security practices for distributing your email address (see Reducing Spam for more information). Applying email filters may help you manage unwanted traffic."
    *sigh*
    That being said...A BIG part of the problem (perhaps) is that too many people have let their systems become compromised by not doing the things they should do to keep them from being compromised...
    Just my two cents worth...
    Let the hating begin... ;)
    NAMASTE to you all :)
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User

@pando83

Do you really own a Pug? That would explain so much! lol :)

Sadly, no pug for me. But i want one. And if i ever got one, it'd be like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6IyejLa35s
  • Options
    semirke#1015 semirke Member Posts: 9 Arc User

Thats not true at all....ive played eve online for 14 years never one problem.
    The problem is that cryptic has old outdated servers..and wont invest in better equipment.or better personnel .and why should they...ppl spend they money all the same...

It's mostly true.
    High quality ddos mitigation services start around 9k-12k EUR / month / server (with limited number of monitored ports).

And even then many players will experience loss/lag.

• Options
    markusgustavmarkusgustav Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Apparently Anonymous has sent him a warning as well, at least according to the Twitter.
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    not that pug, more scarier pug, it is the Darth Pug! it was on tv ads few years ago when whole family went on halloween trick and treating, and the family dress up in star wars.
  • Options
    alyrissaalyrissa Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    Ah I have played eve online for 10 years, back 2 years ago eve had a very big DDoS problem from a Russian with a vendetta. No game is immune
  • Options
    alyrissaalyrissa Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    Turbine has started port shifting and they say other companies are doing it as well
  • Options
    The no-girlfriend, low-self-esteem loser appears to be at it again. As near as I can tell, he starts it somewhere around 11:20PM EST. It looks like the backend change from a couple nights ago is mostly holding the attack off, though. Kudos to the devs!