18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    bawzdeepbawzdeep Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Can't log in :(
  • Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    asterotg said:

TBH, I dont think, that one person is the reason for all the problems they have with their servers.

Same. I don't buy a word of it.

• Options
    throsbithrosbi Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    yup we are under attack.............attack of the maintenance guy cleaning the hamster cage...........do you even lift brotatochip.... :*
  • Options
    sigillmacfinnsigillmacfinn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    Ja server now showing as offline & the load screen advises maintenance extended to 12PM ??
    ..... rolling 1's for over 25 years .....

The Harbingers' Forums - What Class Are You - Search The Neverwinter Wiki

• Options
    zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    Them taking the servers down now is a preemptive defensive measure. (LOL), They'll cunningly outwit him by not turning them on again.
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator

Hahaha, I was thinking the same thing, DDOS what, the game can't even get online.

It's not "tonight" in North America. That particular person appears to be in (or pretends to be in) a timezone close to North America.

Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I don't really see how a DDoS punishes Cryptic, but really only the innocent people who'd still like to unwind by stabbing a few monsters in the face, or get their invocation done so they can get a chance at a coal ward.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    aleariealearie Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    WoW hasn't put an end to DDOS. It was really bad at the start of the expac. I'm sure it will be attacked again when someone has a good enough reason to. Even bigger companies like Microsoft have been DDOS'd before.

Maybe Cryptic security is bad, idk, I'm not gonna argue against that. You can block some of it. But it's pretty much impossible to completely prevent DDOSing without blocking regular players.
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    cant log on either, it been for over 7 hours, kept getting "error" patch, kept getting repatch mode and fails.