What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

We are under attack!

Comments

• Options
    unstablevikingunstableviking Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I do not believe DDOS is real... It was invented as the Scapegoat so Cryptic could contuine to mess up, use old servers and script, and not take any blame. : ))
  • Options
    cocopuffslolcocopuffslol Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    It's a DDOS attack
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    I find it vaguely humorous that you post about constant lag and game crashes in a thread about DDoS attacks causing said lag and crashes.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    kuarikage said:

Could one of the developers tell me how it feels to have 1 pimple-faced script kiddie keeps shuting down your game? I mean I would like to be angry but lets face it you guys can't stop it. He has proven you can't stop him. Hell you guys have proven you can't stop him! You guys should toss in the towel and hire professional hackers to deal with him!

Though it is nice NWO whom he is attacking will not even acknowledge it is even a DDOS attack. Yet the other games affected on Cryptic freely admit that it is a DDOS attack. Left hand, Right hand syndrome!

You guys could show him. You should kill the game before he does oh wait that's right Mod 9 will fix that! The way you gave every person hope about 4 more dungeons only to dash it on your stream live! That was absolute genius!

/tinfoilhat on
    Or they actually just have gone so cheap on network equipment, that they have an standard "Hey we bought or Nethub from ebay" issue all the time, and the DDOS is just a myth ;)
    /tinfoil off

Duh we will never know, the issue is more than a month on, and we just get sometimes "Yea looking on it"
    no feedback and no "Yea we fixed it" :)
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User

Our wizards are aware of the network issues and are investigating.

Please get aggressive and take this twerp out. Slam him with a million-dollar lawsuit, send some people over with a pair of pliers and and a blowtorch, *something*.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    24mins ago they posted on the twitter page... Their wizards are aware and investigating, followed by a lot of hate tweets.

Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    DDoS monkey is playing again.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    imperiousshiniimperiousshini Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    guess what i thought i could relax a bit in the game as i came home from a long day
  • Options
    lunaruslunarus Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    lol I like how it says the website is experiencing difficulty and normal game pay isn't affected, yet I cannot get onto the game at all... :s
  • Options
    hawk1019#9333 hawk1019 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Wtf why cant i connect?
  • Options
    erty445erty445 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Never normally post, but I'm REALLY dissapointed - like all other players. Had just started a Tiamat Battle with the 100% Hoard donations, I was looking forward to it........... How about NOT resetting the Hoard this Monday?

I wonder if the Neverwinter "widows" have organised this one to get their loved ones to pay them some attention for Valentines?!
  • Options
    flamehellflamehell Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    ocne again pay to win fails. *slow clap and pull credit card wich new mmo should i move to...*
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    This has been discussed and obviously you need to read about how DDoS attacks actually work before you go posting nonsense and threaten homicide on an unknown party. The only thing anyone can do for now, either find calm times to play or play at another time. I personally use the built in netgraph to monitor the attacks when they occur.

This is how it works;

If you start to lag type in chat window --> /netgraph 1
    In the lower right corner is a green graphic the more green spikes mean lags. If huge spikes occur finish what you are doing and find a safe spot until the "storm" is over. They don't last long and when the spikes calm down return to play.

/netgraph 0 will remove the graph.

The person doing this is wasting his money to pay for these attacks. This peon is not worth our attention.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

Please get aggressive and take this twerp out. Slam him with a million-dollar lawsuit, send some people over with a pair of vice-grips and and a blowtorch, *something*.

Fixed that for ya.

Judging from the photos that he's posted, he's a Paladin that rides a beetle, and character name ends with "Hawk", on X-box.

On Jan 26, he had 1,059,307 AD, then 737,607 AD.

A subpeona to Twitter could reveal his IP address. Compare that IP address with the IP addresses of all the players that match the above description. Then it's a matter of the appropriate authorities knocking on doors. I know real life isn't like TV when they can pinpoint a person's exact location, but there are a multitude of web security tools out there that can drastically narrow things down.

header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    zacoria1405zacoria1405 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    wdj40 said:

24mins ago they posted on the twitter page... Their wizards are aware and investigating, followed by a lot of hate tweets.

Wizards......oh please. It's the same every weekend, what was the point of the "emergency" maintenance this week?

• Options
    kuarikagekuarikage Member Posts: 19 Arc User

kuarikage said:

Could one of the developers tell me how it feels to have 1 pimple-faced script kiddie keeps shuting down your game? I mean I would like to be angry but lets face it you guys can't stop it. He has proven you can't stop him. Hell you guys have proven you can't stop him! You guys should toss in the towel and hire professional hackers to deal with him!

Though it is nice NWO whom he is attacking will not even acknowledge it is even a DDOS attack. Yet the other games affected on Cryptic freely admit that it is a DDOS attack. Left hand, Right hand syndrome!

You guys could show him. You should kill the game before he does oh wait that's right Mod 9 will fix that! The way you gave every person hope about 4 more dungeons only to dash it on your stream live! That was absolute genius!

/tinfoilhat on
    Or they actually just have gone so cheap on network equipment, that they have an standard "Hey we bought or Nethub from ebay" issue all the time, and the DDOS is just a myth ;)
    /tinfoil off

Duh we will never know, the issue is more than a month on, and we just get sometimes "Yea looking on it"
    The dude attacking is posting them on twitter! The entire community knows who is doing it and why!

• Options
    kuarikage said:

kuarikage said:

/tinfoilhat on
    /tinfoil off

The dude attacking is posting them on twitter! The entire community knows who is doing it and why!
    Exactly, and the only feedback is "we are investigating the issue" and that only if the server falls really hard and this is going on for weeks now...

Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    I have always connected to the game via the eu2 proxy and it appears that anyone connecting to the game via this proxy has no issues with lag.

To connect via this proxy, do the following:
    1) open launcher
    2) options
    3) command line
    4) -SetProxy eu2.proxy.crypticstudios.com 80

See if that helps :)
  • Options
    kuarikagekuarikage Member Posts: 19 Arc User

kuarikage said:

kuarikage said:

/tinfoilhat on
    /tinfoil off

Exactly, and the only feedback is "we are investigating the issue" and that only if the server falls really hard and this is going on for weeks now...

Which was the whole point of my original post!!! STO actually told them it was a DDOS attack several times in the past when this doorknob does it!

• Options
    unstablevikingunstableviking Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User

This has been discussed and obviously you need to read about how DDoS attacks actually work before you go posting nonsense and threaten homicide on an unknown party. The only thing anyone can do for now, either find calm times to play or play at another time. I personally use the built in netgraph to monitor the attacks when they occur.

This is how it works;

In the lower right corner is a green graphic the more green spikes mean lags. If huge spikes occur finish what you are doing and find a safe spot until the "storm" is over. They don't last long and when the spikes calm down return to play.

The person doing this is wasting his money to pay for these attacks. This peon is not worth our attention.

What he said ^
  • Options
    kuarikage said:

kuarikage said:

kuarikage said:

/tinfoilhat on
    /tinfoil off

Which was the whole point of my original post!!! STO actually told them it was a DDOS attack several times in the past when this doorknob does it!
    And i agree with you the /tinfoilhat was not for you and your idea that it's a DDOS it was for my conspiracy theory that actually network equipment is so bad that they want us to think it is a DDOS, which would be even worse than not acknowledging the DDOS at the first place.

• Options
    ja5t3fja5t3f Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User

This is how it works;

Yeah, just got in for almost 60 seconds and the spikes were literally off the chart. No interact points worked, then... DISCONNECT... :-(
  • Options
    hav0clolhav0clol Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    Guys am I going to be compensated for the Ring of Vanishing Presence +5 in the edemo chest that i was UNABLE TO PICK UP? Please reply this is atrocious timing!
  • Options

I have always connected to the game via the eu2 proxy and it appears that anyone connecting to the game via this proxy has no issues with lag.

1) open launcher
    2) options
    3) command line

Thanks will try that as soon as "trying to update the launcher" step eventually completes.

• Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User

1) open launcher
    2) options
    3) command line

Thanks will try that as soon as "trying to update the launcher" step eventually completes.
    Still getting SNR and d/c'd.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    aleariealearie Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Damn, I'm a new player - been playing for a week. I see lots of people are angry on reddit and such, I don't quite understand what's going on. Here I am just wanting to spend my weekend to get from 66 to 70. =/

Pretty much every MMO I've play(ed) has been DDOS'd a couple times. Most of em being subscription. It sucks it pisses off innocent players and not just the company. Sigh.