What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

We are under attack!

Comments

• Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    in the words of Zeus...
    "Release the Kraken" upon that DDoS hacker.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    wylonus said:

rattler, i saw STO forum, wow, they close and lock the topics about DDoS. look like klingon military moderators like "fight club", that you cant talk about.

Actually, we have a centralized thread, so they close the secondaries as the staff already know about the issue. No need to spam the forums with complaint threads when we have one primary with updates.
    848d8c4af425ca165c80f1959de02ba1-d7jlk1h.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
  • Options
    s4v10rxs4v10rx Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    is it just me or for the past couple of days starting sun of last week there's been a spike of lagg, devs pls fix the lagg as i know, you know that there's a lot of xb1 individuals that is playing this game have spend $20K to $30K and at least what you can do for the community is making the game running smoothly and minimizing the spike of latency
    Guild: Asylum
    Character:
    7thS1n---Trickster Rouge LV 70(perma-Stun build)
    7ThH3AL3R-- Devoted Cleric LV 70 (Divine Oracle Haste/DPS build)
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
    7ThW4rL0CK-- Scrooge Warlock
    7THW4R--Great Weapon Fighter
  • Options
    xgcmakerxgcmaker Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    For 2 days now I have been getting disconnected and having major lag wtf is wrong with the servers?
  • Options
    claroxannabellclaroxannabell Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    No pay to win won't make long term profit. They either make it pay to win or go subscription to win.

I do agree with server quality though.
  • Options
    aranea#9227 aranea Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Y'all wouldn't consider comping us VIPs for lost time, would ya ?
  • Options
    wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    lowjohn said:

Ban the whole subnet as it is probably some random kiddo working minimum wage at some Romanian icaffee abusing it's resources ? You aren't doing any sales there anyway :)

It's a *D*Dos, Wildfirede. There's not a single source. It's almost certainly a botnet of compromised machines that he's renting time on from competent criminals.

If it really is a kid that got angry about some bug that does not allow him to exploit AD, i would bet he isn't having the money to get DDOS time, but is using some work infrastructure to do it, and as we know that Cryptic's net code is far from optimal my bet is even a local attack from enough IP's can take the servers down.
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • Options
    mutjinninjamutjinninja Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    Cryptic being steamrolled by one person. One. GG with that level of protection. To see a whole company pathetically at the mercy of one person..it's just sad​​
  • Options
    Not even the Pentagon can stop a DDoS because of the nature of the attack.
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
  • Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    Its been ok for most of the day and evening today... the server has completely died at the moment though and was kicked out a few times.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    DDoS'ing :P
  • Options
    karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    Basically there is a way to stop such an attack.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Yeap, like Blli**ard and co are doing, don't you think they get DDOS'ed all the time, Decentralized Data centers, external security firms...
    Post edited by wildfirede on
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
  • Options
    destrowoddestrowod Member Posts: 484 Arc User
    So what are you waiting for? Re-inforce your security, track down that prick and have him arrested... This is getting ridiculous. Game is down at the best hours too, evening time...
  • Options
    Can't arrest someone who isn't in the US though. The Prick's on the other side of the world.
  • Options
    s4v10rxs4v10rx Member Posts: 389 Arc User

rattler2 said:

Can't arrest someone who isn't in the US though. The Prick's on the other side of the world.

Well.. the Us does have extradition treaties with most of the rest of the world. Of course, if he's in China you can forget any plans you may have in getting him short of sending in an undercover seals team. Either way, these things take time. And more importantly, money. PWE isn't gonna spend it on 1 kid in his mom's basement.

But this guy is not in China. More likely he's just running through some african and asian proxies that don't bother keeping logs. It's so easy to do this stuff, a 12 year old can do it if he knows how to use google properly. Add daddy's CC and the world is yours.
    lol...that's a stereotype...the guy that is doing the DDOS is in the U.S, is the same guy from the previous attack and the oct DDOS attack of last year where someone post a twitter link to his account where he brags about it
    Guild: Asylum
    Character:
    7thS1n---Trickster Rouge LV 70(perma-Stun build)
    7ThH3AL3R-- Devoted Cleric LV 70 (Divine Oracle Haste/DPS build)
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
    7ThW4rL0CK-- Scrooge Warlock
    7THW4R--Great Weapon Fighter
  • Options
    imperiousshiniimperiousshini Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    yay, he is feeling merciful today :)
  • Options
    Too early, i think as a service provider cryptic or whoever owns the service should think about a third-party service against that - if googleing is too hard -- for example https://www.akamai.com/us/en/resources/ddos-mitigation.jsp

• Options
    asa2013asa2013 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    DDOS attack every evening makes this game unplayable. I guess I'll go back to World of Tanks and spend my money there.
  • Options
    eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    Worst part is reading on NW twitter that they're investigating or stabilizing. What a joke. The whole players database knows of this guy ddos'ing, come on, wake up?
  • Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    SO is this DDOS now part of Neverwinter gameplay or what??! Seriously how easily that person can destroy the servers...
    ,, Our team is investigating the sudden spike in traffic that is affecting adventurers.,,

There's nothing to investigate seem to be same guy who did days ago over and over, why u cant stop him omg -.-
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • Options
    gotchapunkazzgotchapunkazz Member Posts: 8 Arc User

Proglem is, there's no 100% foolproof protection against DDoS attacks. Not in this business. Now, if you were running a bank it would be a different matter.

Thats not true at all....ive played eve online for 14 years never one problem.
    The problem is that cryptic has old outdated servers..and wont invest in better equipment.or better personnel .and why should they...ppl spend they money all the same...
  • Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    How should Players take YOU Serious?? ,
    when u cant handle such situations and let it happen day after day?!

<::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • Options
    l3thin4thl3thin4th Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 198 Arc User
    Started again?

Lethinath - DC

Fayn Fiddler - HR

Jean Fiddler - OP

Quinn Fiddler - TR

Tre'Davious Flynn - SW

Bogus Skullslicker - GF

Vanhankaupunginselk - CW

Alea - GWF

Noble Misfits