test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

We are under attack!

Comments

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited January 2016
    kweassa said:

royinever said:

kweassa said:

...nor is there any evidence that a certain happening in the game was caused by such.

People tend to make all sorts of accusations which are hardly based on evidence - not even empirical ones.

it was confirmed by community manager in other post
    So are these 'community managers' on the Cryptic payroll?

No offense to hard and honest working managers, but the way I've seen some of them in these forums over the years, they're mostly just as clueless as you or I in these matters.

Besides, if you already have such conviction in what caused these problems and its results, what's the whole frickin' point of this post? To get more people riled up?
    The Community Manager (Andy, aka StrumSlinger) is a PWE employee. The Community Moderators (myself, Zebular, Ambi, and Ironzerg) are unpaid volunteers and not in any way employees of PWE or Cryptic. Does that answer your question? At least one of them?
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    Over on STO forums we have pwlaughingtrendy. And we all agree she's the best CM we've had since Branflakes a few years ago.
    848d8c4af425ca165c80f1959de02ba1-d7jlk1h.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
  • Options
    taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Must be desperate gwf making statement against nerfing lostmauth's set.
  • Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User

Yeah, he's at it again.

this is unacceptable, what kind of game lets this happens, this is so disrespectfull to the game player base, and u guys need to move ur lazy asses in the office and protect us from these things, this is a joke man.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    News Flash: "This just in! Boo, the super duper booty kicking Space Hamster, is currently training so that he is ready to protect Neverwinter from the next attack! Film at 11..."

va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Back in business. Thanks :)
  • Options
    izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    Dear Devs, you got your own forum, can you post info on forum?
    Begging for scrap of info on twitter is not a good way to deal with this kind of problems.
    I'd like to know if you find permanent solution for this lag/rubberbanding or an attack or whatever it is? If no, I'm sure many players will support you if you will make whole day or more server maintenance if you fix all this issues permanently.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    arcanjo86 said:

Yeah, he's at it again.

this is unacceptable, what kind of game lets this happens, this is so disrespectfull to the game player base, and u guys need to move ur lazy asses in the office and protect us from these things, this is a joke man.
    Most games suffer these kinds of attacks. It's just a matter of pissing off the wrong person. You've got to have a pretty selective memory to believe otherwise.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User

Yeah, he's at it again.

There are many software like Xtrap and others that protects game from hackers, why don't we have one?
  • Options
    karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    Does it re-route hundreds of thousands of spam requests?
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • Options
    metalldjt said:

so how was the ddos affecting me as a player, please explain?

is this guy atleast demanding anything over the Ddos? would be awesome to see him demanding someth like class balance or anythin related to makin the game healthy again

He's not wanting to make the game better. Rumor has it he got pissed off that they closed an Exploit in a patch and decided to DDoS in protest over not being able to exploit the system for game monies.
    izwor said:

Dear Devs, you got your own forum, can you post info on forum?
    Begging for scrap of info on twitter is not a good way to deal with this kind of problems.

If it happens again, I can link you guys the thread on the STO forums where Trendy keeps us updated on what's going on.
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
  • Options
    imperiousshiniimperiousshini Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    :)
  • Options
    farymirfarymir Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    same time 3 days in a row they did not anticipate this!! smh
  • Options
    eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    You might want to start doing something Cryptic, instead of posting servers have stabilized. You dont stabilize anything, its just the guy stopping his ddos.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    Ugh.

Champions is down, too.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    jshuntjshunt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15 Arc User
    and it's gone (again)...
  • Options
    baelorenbaeloren Member Posts: 1 New User
    At what point do you actually try to do something about these nightly attacks? This is getting really old really fast.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Yup. STO just imploded too.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1210706/sto-holodeck-connection-issues

BTW... here's STO's centralized thread about the "Connection Issues". Trendy does keep us posted when she appears.
  • Options
    farymirfarymir Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    it has become predictable, seems like its hapenning when dude gets home from work/school..
  • Options
    wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    Ban the whole subnet as it is probably some random kiddo working minimum wage at some Romanian icaffee abusing it's resources ? You aren't doing any sales there anyway :)
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • Options
    spambot11spambot11 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Lags, disconnects, freezes - today, yesterday, a day before. WTF is going on? The game is not playable anymore. Better start fixing it, before more players leave for good. No1 believes in DDoS fairy tales.
  • Options
    lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    Same XBone script kiddie, still posting pictures of his character and guild, still announcing his paid-for attacks in advance to be sure he gets "credit".
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    rattler, i saw STO forum, wow, they close and lock the topics about DDoS. look like klingon military moderators like "fight club", that you cant talk about.
  • Options
    oglindoglind Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    and i'm supposed to support this game with real money? hahahahaha
    "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." — George Carlin

"Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck." — George Carlin
  • Options
    lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

Ban the whole subnet as it is probably some random kiddo working minimum wage at some Romanian icaffee abusing it's resources ? You aren't doing any sales there anyway :)

It's a *D*Dos, Wildfirede. There's not a single source. It's almost certainly a botnet of compromised machines that he's renting time on from competent criminals.

• Options
    flamehellflamehell Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    arc, when are you guys going to dump the pay to win stupidity and start to secure your server quality?
    short term profit = low server quality
    long term profit = no pay to win and server quality
  • Options
    smokie00smokie00 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    It's been days and the latency issue is so bad that you can't do a thing in game.
    Not doing my for my confidence on the future of the game, especially a week before a huge update.
    This would be unacceptable at every other online company.