Install Arc
Options

We are under attack!

Comments

• Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    And here we go again.

I'm not on Twitter. Could some kind soul report this loser?
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    Cryptic, you need to start getting aggressive. Contact FBI cybercrimes unit, hire someone to go locate the person behind this, I don't care what you have to do. Whatever you've been doing for the past year, it isn't working.
  • Options
    jshuntjshunt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15 Arc User
    Yep....series of server not responding messages with rubber banding in between. Some thing happened earlier.
  • Options
    He'd better pray that Cryptic NEVER finds him. Once they do, they won't need to have him arrested: they'll sue him into permanent poverty.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

Twitter has pretty clear policies on Harassment, Furtherance of Illegal Activities and creating additional handles to circumvent bans.

Take away his Twitter and it takes away 90% of the fun for him.

So he just makes another twitter account. Then twitter bans that one. And he makes another one and they keep banning them until he gets bored and stops (*hint* this will take a long time). This guy has been DDoSing Neverwinter on and off for over a year and you think that banning a twitter account will have any effect?
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    Something cute to cool down: http://9gag.com/gag/a4Y7Nq6
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • Options
    xginocidexxginocidex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    Guy has been doing this on and off for over a year and cryptic can not combat it then that means we're all screwed till he gets bored again...

Only thing cryptic is doing at this point and posting after he stops saying the servers are stable. Then when he starts again they say there aware of the issues.
  • Options
    I'll ask again. Cryptic, it's been a YEAR. How is that you have not located this twerp by now and sued him out of existence? If he's just some pimply-faced kid in mommy's basement, mommy will be awfully angry with him when they get slapped with a million-dollar lawsuit.
  • Options
    zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    Aaaaaaaaghr, hide the puppies! Protect the hamster! We r under siege!

Ahh no, that was mod7..

Going back to drinking beer till he gets bored...

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• Options
    karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

I'll ask again. Cryptic, it's been a YEAR. How is that you have not located this twerp by now and sued him out of existence? If he's just some pimply-faced kid in mommy's basement, mommy will be awfully angry with him when they get slapped with a million-dollar lawsuit.

The big question is not "can you find him?" the big question is "May i sue him?". If he lives in another country it can get really difficult to get hands on him.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    The community over on the Star Trek Online forums stand with you guys here in Neverwinter.

Mostly because STO is in the same server farm and getting blasted as well so we're in the same boat and therefor have sharpened the pitchforks and are getting the torches.
    848d8c4af425ca165c80f1959de02ba1-d7jlk1h.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
  • Options
    You guys have a centralized thread with updates from your Community Manager over here?
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
  • Options
    I usually haunt the STO forums. ;)
  • Options
    andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited January 2016

Yeah, he's at it again.

Please figure something out, this is getting depressing. :(

|: ** (
  • Options
    CREEPER! *points*

Just kidding. ;)
  • Options
    Us STO players feel your pain.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    rattler2 said:

You guys have a centralized thread with updates from your Community Manager over here?

We lost our official dev tracker in the move to Vanilla, and nobody has managed to replace that yet, so we use an unauthorized one hosted by a third party.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    We have too, but our mod has been closing threads about this situation and directing people to one centralized one where our CM is updating us on the situation... and Trendy's in need of a break because of this shtako.
  • Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    This is lame.
    Post edited by treesclimber on

• Options
    juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    rattler2 said:

The community over on the Star Trek Online forums stand with you guys here in Neverwinter.

Mostly because STO is in the same server farm and getting blasted as well so we're in the same boat and therefor have sharpened the pitchforks and are getting the torches.

Pitchforks and torches? No bat'leths and phasers? lol.

Seems it's not just NW and STO... CO is apparently also getting hit by this twerp. Crossing my fingers that one of Obama's drone attacks goes WAY off course and takes this one out. I can dream.
  • Options
    I guess that means all three of Cryptic's games are in the same server farm.

And we've been known to do the angry mob routine from time to time.
  • Options
    Nah... Give me my Tholian Crystaline Sword.

And I'm sure some would prefer a certain Ferengi weapon. ;)
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    urabask said:

So he just makes another twitter account. Then twitter bans that one. And he makes another one and they keep banning them until he gets bored and stops (*hint* this will take a long time). This guy has been DDoSing Neverwinter on and off for over a year and you think that banning a twitter account will have any effect?

I'm sure he'll instantly have lots of followers @SomeObscureHandle

Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    I have a Bull Charge ready with his name all over it.
  • Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    royinever said:

kweassa said:

...nor is there any evidence that a certain happening in the game was caused by such.

People tend to make all sorts of accusations which are hardly based on evidence - not even empirical ones.

it was confirmed by community manager in other post
    So are these 'community managers' on the Cryptic payroll?

No offense to hard and honest working managers, but the way I've seen some of them in these forums over the years, they're mostly just as clueless as you or I in these matters.

Besides, if you already have such conviction in what caused these problems and its results, what's the whole frickin' point of this post? To get more people riled up?
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options
    freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    Maybe he q'd for domi against an all Pally comp and this is his way of smiting us down.... If that was the case at least we would understand lol.