test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please remove piercing damage from Shocking Execution or...

Comments

• Options
    dersidiusdersidius Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited September 2015

Shocking Execution must respect Tenacity at least. Period!

People throw around this suggestion without even figuring out what that would mean for the average Shocking Execution Damage.

Yes, everything needs to respect tenacity in princple.

But the ability itself would then need a moderate base damage buff to bring it back into a feasible condition.

Having an average damage of 55K without respecting tenacity, if it were to respect tenacity it would drop this average wayyyyy down after applying

40% additional DR 55k become 33kish
    40% Crit reduction33k becomes 20kish.

your looking at 40k-50k Shocking executions being the new absolute max with the average being 20-30k Damage.

People, it just isn't feasible to simply have it obey tenacity alone. Multiple changes need to be implemented.

Simple suggestions like that above, is the reason why developers don't listen to our threads in the first place. To be taken seriously, we need to do our math and show the proof.

DERSIDIUS
    ABSLOLUTE 16px-Cross_within_circle_2.svg.png RANK SEVEN
  • Options
    edited September 2015

The QQ in the post is mainly from BIS GWFs who can kill anyone except TRs. As if it is only TRs are holding them back from the number one spot. It is strictly a L2P issue, as buying your gear does not make you have skill. You could call it Mitt Romney Syndrome.

The Unfortunate Part about this game is that Gear Can replace skill

But Gear dosen't compete with Gear & skill (unless your a paladin.)

Regardless, we need Rental Rank 11/Pure Enchaments (Available for glory) and Forced PvP sets & Jewelry so that the gear gap can be closed!

DERSIDIUS
  • Options
    edited September 2015

"It is strictly a L2P issue" - defiantone99

You hit the nail, my friend! TR's need to l2p. Nerf SE is one step forward in the l2p direction.

Thats a little bit unfair, all classes have multiple things that make their lives easier.

OP's Just.. Don't die..

DC's to a lesser extent as the above

GF's look at things and they die

GWF's to a lesser extent as the above

HR's have their permanent roots

CW's have their permanent 30% DR Shield buff/Chaotic Growth with ballistic damage

SW's are an ugly step child with a bunch of beneficial/detrimental bugs

TR's have stealth and SE..

But the main reason why I say it's unfair

TR as a class has no base damage, that means as more defensive points are added to the game, TR's damage does not scale with it.

Have you ever tried to kill a class as a TR without SE? It's getting frighteningly close to impossible, even with SE at that. I challenge any person to let me use a BiS (Of any class(With maybe the exception of SW)) and try to kill me using TR... with what I know about the TR class... It won't happen.

On the Subject of SE Nerf, it needs to be taken lightly.

DERSIDIUS
  • Options
    benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    One rotation of DF does more damage than every SW encounter and gives CC immunity and TRs think they NEEEEED SE to kill anything......
  • Options
    cesukecesuke Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    All idiots crying for SE, U are talking of SE + First Strike + Critical/Stealth... So there is not 1 click as u said... remember first strike only work once in a fight... If u wanna rant do it against the perma-stealth.
  • Options
    @sayajinx1 keep crying it hav a lot of sense... And for sure ur GWF Cryers crew will agree with u...
  • Options
    edited September 2015

This thread is about Shocking Execution... not about unkillable Pally ... not about HR perma root/daze...

We all know that most classes need some sort of changes but this thread is about SE. Coming up with other classes as excuse for broken powers are invalid arguments.

People already asking in other threads what you have mentioned in your upper post, dersidius.

Edit: Piercing damage has to be removed from this game and encounter damage buffed.

Why do I stack Tenacity/Deflection if any TR can just bypass it with skill-less piercing damage?

You misread my motivation, what I'm saying is that all classes have something that makes them competitive, and I'm certainly not complaining about it.

SE makes rogue competitive, without it, their competitive viability is extremely hindered, that's a fact, not an opinion.

In it's current form, it needs some scaling back in combination with a full out executioner tree, but definantly not to the degree you and the majority of players on this thread are campaigning for; which I hope most of you realize is over a 70% damage nerf just by the simple request of respecting tenacity.

More over, a type of damage can't be considered skill-less...

Its a damage type, the only thing that makes something skill-less is the application of which the damage is applied. Lets be real, Unless your a GWF or SW, SE's has a very obvious tell, and certainly enough time to dodge it, but even then GWF has 2 forms of counter play, I can interrupt any SE the minute I hear the animation go off with any of my CC abilities. The damage is a tad over the top, but people... SE has been around since Mod 0. It has always been an extreme daily since Mod 0. The game has had plenty of time to cope and learn to play around it, there are far better things to waste our balancing budget on, I implore that we start with them.

Shocking Execution was made a piercing damage so that no matter what defense points are added to the game, it scales regardless of the TR's lack of ability to scale damage normally with the rest of the game.
    benskix2 said:

One rotation of DF does more damage than every SW encounter and gives CC immunity and TRs think they NEEEEED SE to kill anything......

Duelist flurry does not do that damage in PvP, Please supply damage numbers on ACT to back these claims.

DERSIDIUS
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    clonkyo1 said:

dersidius said:

clonkyo1 said:

Critical Hit! Rexanne deals 97610 Physical Damage to you with Shocking Execution.

I think is enough of this HAMSTER...

Toxicity like this is just detrimental to the community.... Just posting a damage floater doesn't help anything be fixed.

at the end of the day, developers take the Tr alone, without any buffs from other classes and do tests to see the damage.

Without anyone buffing "Rexanne" or debuffing yourself 97k.. Just isn't something that can be considered a consistent normality.

I Implore the community, Please submit an ACT log that has an average Shocking Execution damage of more then 55K from a PvP match. Then we can submit it to the developers and get it the proper attention it deserves.

Otherwise, this is all just hearsay to the developers, and they probably couldn't care less.

There are uploaded screenshots and videos about S.E. hitting for 100 from SINGLE AND PLAIN HIT. So, if you want to question those videos (evidences), then, you are the one whose is making BS posts and answers.

Link Please, I've been asking for real evidence for the last 3 posts now.

If not VIA post, then forum message.

DERSIDIUS
  • Options
    rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    dersidius said:

OP's Just.. Don't die..

I LOL'd because it's so true.
    dersidius said:

Have you ever tried to kill a class as a TR without SE? It's getting frighteningly close to impossible, even with SE at that. I challenge any person to let me use a BiS (Of any class(With maybe the exception of SW)) and try to kill me using TR... with what I know about the TR class... It won't happen.

I wouldn't bet on it Two 3K+ permacourage breaker TR vs one BiS GWF is just stalemate. And that's playing off node with water wheel and PvP potion. Just not enough damage to take them down, plain and simple. DF maybe, but Avalanche so f*** me.
    benskix2 said:

Avalanche.
  • Options
    ok... Forget avalanche,

DF < Negation Enchantment.
    DF < Stealth Depletion

Gg.

I wish more then anyone that DF was useable in its current form...

Oh the good ol days

#un-Nerf impact shot. (lol at half the people on this thread asking wtf is impact shot )

#un-nerf duelist flurry

#un-Nerf itc

Sure.. Then you can have SE after you give us back those things, take it, by all means!

DERSIDIUS
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    @cesuke So noobsuke, I talked to you in the channel, private messaged you a few times, and u dont even dare to respond...? Just a talker? what happened to your R12 enchantment and being a TR, you dont even dare to face a GWF? What a fail....
    cesuke said:

@icyphish what i wanna know is how you hav 4.2 K IL ? Overloads ?

icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    dersidius said:

"It is strictly a L2P issue" - defiantone99

You hit the nail, my friend! TR's need to l2p. Nerf SE is one step forward in the l2p direction.

Thats a little bit unfair, all classes have multiple things that make their lives easier.

OP's Just.. Don't die..

HR's have their permanent roots

CW's have their permanent 30% DR Shield buff/Chaotic Growth with ballistic damage

SW's are an ugly step child with a bunch of beneficial/detrimental bugs

TR's have stealth and SE..

But the main reason why I say it's unfair
    OP: i agree. The class itself needs a fix in PvP without touching it in PvE. But the survivability is overkill right now.

DC: well, you can push-repel-CC them with enough people. It's a clear counter there. The problems start with Elven Battle DC users. There, you cannot CC them enough. More like the enchant than the class. But the class itself, has a simple counter: CC enough to prevent them to build stacks, or push them out of empowered astral shield. Then debuff-DPS heavily enough to out-DPS gift of faith.

For the 2 classes above: cap the point, then put someone on them to keep them busy (new node capping mechanic itself counters immortal-no damage classes).
    But, as stated many times, OPs and DCs should be forced to either be very tanky themselves or make their team very survivable. Right now they are both very tanky/ survivable and can boost their team mates survivability to the same level as them. Nonsense. And i play a tank DC too.

GF: true. But again, you can dodge GF yes? Even a GWF/ SW can use the shift DR increase to alleviate the damage. So even if the class damage is overbuffed, you still have a counter.

GWF: lol. GWF at full stacks is indeed pretty much as high in damage as GFs. But take away broken T.Feytouched from the equation. You burst the GWF from the start, when he has no stacks. First unstoppable temp HPs is low. Kite unstoppable to make it more difficult for them to build stacks. GWF is a class, like SB warlock, that gets powerful but SLOWLY. And base survivability is crappy (slot enough ArP to pierce Negation and you see). So they are weak against sudden bursts of damage such as a GF rotation, a SW rotation, a CW rotation. Plus GWFs have probably the worst mechanics when it comes to actually land their powers. The class itself is pretty much considered balanced cause you can, as a fact, counter it.

HR: permaroot can be dodged. I mean, when i dodge with my DC, or sprint with my GWF, or shadowslip with my SW, i don't get dazed/ rooted. So that's a counter right? Can dodge.

SW: won't comment. I have a lvl 70 one and PvPed a lot with it leveling it. It's a pretty weird class in PvP. Can reach very nice levels of damage and increase survivability a lot but overall, underperforming.

TR: stealth is most likely the most powerful survivability tool after may be OP skills. Cause you don't really "counter" it with anything except personal skills and ability to predict how the enemy will move. But that's not the problem. The problem is SE mechanic on SWs and GWFs. It's a 100% sure hit, and a heavy one. Press a button--->profit.

Remember bugged Roar? TRs being the most vocal about how unfair it was that it could pierce their dodge? That they could not defend against it?
    SE is the same on SW-GWF.

So, while all the "powerful" tools listed for other classes have a counter (except OP survivability), SE on GWFs and SWs doesn't. You can dodge a GWF big damage at full stacks, go stealth as a saboteur, but the GWF cannot dodge your SE.

And we all know geared TRs can hit SE for much more than 50k, right?

And we all know that mythic devoted sigil+ap gain artifact neck+ mixed stuff/ mounts+ SE own "double daily when killing an enemy with it" allows for a very frequent use of the daily.

Simple solution: GWF unstoppable and sprint DR (30%) fully affects SE. SW shadow slip DR increased to 60%, but reduced stamina (or it would be too much since SWs with speed feat can shift a LOT), considering they don't have unstoppable and are squishy. Make GWF 30% DR and CC immunity on sprint, affect even the initial "build up" of the movement (right now it's all delayed, when the GWF starts sprinting the CC immunity and DR are not there)
    Now the TR must AT LEAST time his big hit vs these classes too, instead of just close his eyes and press a button.

Next step might be to buff SE damage and make it respect tenacity. You decide how much you buff it to achieve good damage even after the tenacity change. But should be done cause tenacity is there for a reason and it's pointless if there's a "special class" that can pierce it.

Also, my suggestions: give executioner path damage buffs that hit straight from the start in place of the "damage increase on enemy under X% HP". So you can have a huge damage buff when you rush the enemy first. Reduce stealth regeneration to 75% of the stealth meter for shadow strike or it's too easy to "hit and run". But still possible, just need to dodge a bit before going back to stealth. Increase Shadow strike damage. Increase Lashing Blade range/ make it easier to land, lower its cooldown if it misses, like GWF "takedown".

Take away shadowy opportunity from Saboteur. It's not a DPS path. And the mechanic itself is as crappy as HR permaroot or even crappier. Executioner is for DPS. Replace shadowy opportunity with debuffs (armor debuff, DR debuff, healing debuff). As much debuffs as needed to make the path kill the enemy, but slowly, being a heavy stealth, high survivability build.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Pando, you and I agree on all the same points

Other then your scenarios being a tad inaccurate when taken to the most extreme bis level

But what I'm arguing against is the people asking for a complete nerf is not realizing how much it would destroy the class with just a complete Nerf of this one ability...

But playing the devils advocate here

If the majority can dodge SE and countered it perfectly... But two classes in the lot of many cannot..

Doesn't that mean the 2 minorities are at fault and should be adjusted to fit the spectrum of the majority? not vise versa..

That's generally how the world works.

As a side note duelist flurry only takes one tic of piercing damage piercing damage is capped at 2000 max I'm not even sure wy duelist flurry was even mentioned as a damaging ability... people posting on this thread must have a really low gear score

DERSIDIUS
  • Options
    clonkyo1 said:

dersidius said:

Other then your scenarios being a tad inaccurate when taken to the most extreme bis level

But what I'm arguing against is the people asking for a complete nerf is not realizing how much it would destroy the class with just a complete Nerf of this one ability...

No ofense, Sicarius, but the problem (outside of pugs) is that even low geared TRs can hit for really high numbers (i already stated that mine, with First Strike + Vorpal [normal] can hit for 50k damage) with just 1 skill, which makes them obtain a big edge over 2 classes (GWF and SW) just for having that Daily... And on this very same post, you can read really good "mechanics" for S.E. (from "respecting Tenacity" to "dealing more damage as Target's HP pool diminishes")

Also, a problem with S.E. is the fact that it can be "confirmed", which allows TR players cancel it if they can react fast enough to cancel it.
    You act as if people are re-inventing the wheel here... Diminishing HP pool suggestion is not a new thing, it was the previous arrangement set up for shocking.

And I must apologize for my lack of empathy for balance suggestions made for a low gear level... But then again I really don't care.

The whole reason why the game is in the state its in right now is because the game is balanced with no gear added to the equation. We certainly don't need more of it.

As for animation canceling, that's not an ability restricted to the TR class... EVERY class can animation cancel with one ability or another

Balance suggestions need to be well thought out and planned. Not made with a sledgehammer being thrown around in the dark. Otherwise we're no better then the developers that caused the issue in the first place.

DERSIDIUS
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    clonkyo1 said:

Au contraire, Sicarius. My "acting" is against an obvious OP mechanic: A power bypassing all defenses. From my PoV, a power which can bypass all defenses AND IS AFFECTED by other bonusses is just wrong as "S.O." was.

On your statement about "dont care about what low geared players says" i can agree with you up to some/certain limit... but what is "un balanced" is that a 1.4k IL TR can hit for 50k HP with a Daily from "clean hit" when no other classes can do the same... and making all classes do the same thing as "S.E." is just a bad solution.

3 - Mind if you explain this a bit better?? Do you mean that we do not need "new gear", on naked matchs, PvP is fine or what??

4 - But we both know that the "confirm window" and its benefits is not the same for, in example, Savage Advance, bloodbath, Crescendo, etc, than Icy Knife or Shocking Execution.

5 - Well, i think that most suggestions here (talking about "S.E.") has been arguing and that most players agree that S.E. needs to respect, at minimun, Tenacity.

3 ) The developers take naked toons and conduct feat / NEW GEAR testing on these toons to perform balance checks.. the issue with this is that when mass amounts of stats are added to these feats, un-predictable abnormalities occur that result in things becoming OP. Basically, I follow the philosophy of everything needing to be balanced top down. IF it works in the highest extreme, it can't possibly be more then moderately out of whack in any of the lower conditions.

4 ) Your going to have to explain your point here a bit more.

5 ) Don't you see!? Thats the very issue itself! The players here don't understand that just having SE respect tenacity... just taht simple request alone results in a 70% Damage nerf for SE accross the board. That my friend is why developers don't take any of our post seriously. You guys are basically asking them to turn SE into a daily that maxes out at 30k when instead it requires better attention. Observe

My vision for what Shocking Execution should be is as follows:

This ability now respects tenacity

Base Damage increased from 13,000 - 15,000 to 26,000 - 30,000

This Daily will no longer grant AP when used under X Threshold, instead this feature will perform as follows.

At 15/20/25/30% HP remaining, successful hit with this ability will result in immediate execution on target.

Now IMO this is a proper way to balance shocking execution. Making SE obey tenacity will first cut it's damage down by 70%

so even the high marks of 100K would become 30k.

Doubling its base damage gives it scaleability.

Now the new tenacity respected damage becomes 60K on the HIGH END MARKS; with respectively 40-50k Average.

Adding the new Instant execution threshold will allow the skill to become a true execution, allowing it to have a wide range of the piercing usefulness the dev's were looking for. This will also bring some of the tankier classes out of their OP shell.

of course the numbers would envitably need better tweaking, and the Execution would have to respect things such as GF shield and etc.

(The Base Damage was taken off my BiS TR)

Now what I'm miffed about is that the majority of the people on this thread only want the 70% damage reduction without offering any real alternative

DERSIDIUS
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    So... 6 fights with Cesuke, PM me for footage...
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Beat me all matchs i even take 20% of HP he kills me in less than 10 seconds... that means Piercing Damage dont need to be removed... GWF needs a Nerf (that is coming btw) and TR needs a buff....
This discussion has been closed.