test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Firewatch Art Initiative

Comments

• xparibaxxparibax Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Clone -M- @Pariba vs. Electro. The spiderman dude with the big smiley star mask.
    For the times hugging live power-lines is not in your best intrests... :D

• prestochangoprestochango Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Brown Recluse@prestochango vs Absorbing Man
  • agentcanadaagentcanada Posts: 775 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    We got quite a few entries so far so let's set up the list. The Marvel Mash-Up! Lottery and one (un)lucky hero is going to get pasted by the Epic Marvel Villain of their choice.

The Marvel Mash-Up! - Remember this is for true geeks only, you're going to lose. So pick which Epic Marvel Villain you would like to see utterly defeat your hero. This is a new series so all villains are available (not including Galactus types). By Epic I mean the big gun / name brand villains not just the cosmic entity types. Do keep in mind that I'm an older fan so the villain you choose must be part of the main Marvel Universe and will be drawn in the most recognizable costume or era. The Red Skull having won his bout is no longer available.

Standard Rules:
    (01) Post the name of your Hero and your @name.
    (02) Post the name of the Epic Marvel Villain you lose to.
    (03) You are responsible for posting a screen-cap of your hero
    * Do not post the screen cap until the winner is drawn, no screen cap no doodle however.

MARVEL MASH-UP Lottery
    (01) U'tarefson@esalmighty ambushed by Morbius
    (02) Glimmer@kallethen falls to Nimrod
    (03) Stellar Storm@Glass-Rose VS Thanos
    (04) A.R.E.S.@RandomChance42 - Doom is not amused.
    (05) Ronan the Accuser wants the black blooded Rhomadaus@blackwolf305
    (06) Jaguar@apygoos needs more than speed to defeat Ultron Prime!
    (07) Clone -M- @Pariba vs. Electro.
    (08) Brown Recluse@prestochango vs Absorbing Man
    (09)
    (10)

"Oh man, I can't decide... Blitz (@DZPlayer122) losing to Ultron? or...
    Ariza (@DZPlayer122) losing to someone hired by Kingpin, like Bullseye?"

*Both would be fine but let me know when you pick one and I'll add it to the list.

"Can I still enter, if so Ronan the Accuser wants the black blooded Rhomadaus@blackwolf305"
    * Yep as long as you know it's Epic Loss and like Marvel Comics

If I get my Freebie or the Red Skull done by Friday then that will be the deadline as well, but we'll shoot for Saturday for sure. I do post all the Marvel stuff to the Marvel 2015 forums as well now, so if you don't want to be seen there as well then do not enter. True geeks only -if you don't like or read Marvel, leave it for those who do.
    AC
  • maleb666maleb666 Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Let's try again!!!

Blunt Force@Mal666 defeated by Apocalypse after destroying half the city! :biggrin:
    eupmtpu59ppn.jpg
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Let it ride...

Sister Silicon Prime@KWRussell vs. Juggernaut
    A.R.E.S.@RandomChance42 really shouldn't have entered Latverian airspace. Doom is not amused.

Doom is never amused. I don't think he was hugged enough as a baby.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I've made my decision.

Ariza(@DZPlayer122) losing to Bullseye.

Ariza's investigations got Kingpin's attention, and now he's sending someone to take care of the problem.
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Dynamech the Wonder Toy@Rune simply did not amuse Sabretooth at all.

At all.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    iamrune wrote: »
    Dynamech the Wonder Toy@Rune simply did not amuse Sabretooth at all.

At all.
    He became Dynamech the Chew Toy?
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    edited February 2015
    This may be a little dated but the guys at work thought it was funny as hell. My buddy done up Flintstones' style.
    SSKetches02:
    SSketches02_zpstaafbrm3.jpg
    So that was the last freebie I had on the old clipboard and I'll do the update next. I hope you get a kick out of your Stone Age Hero pal.
    AC
    edited February 2015
    Update time - The Marvel Mash-Up! Lottery and one (un)lucky hero is going to get pasted by the Epic Marvel Villain of their choice.

The Marvel Mash-Up! - Remember this is for true geeks only, you're going to lose. So pick which Epic Marvel Villain you would like to see utterly defeat your hero. This is a new series so all villains are available (not including Galactus types). By Epic I mean the big gun / name brand villains not just the cosmic entity types. Do keep in mind that I'm an older fan so the villain you choose must be part of the main Marvel Universe and will be drawn in the most recognizable costume or era. The Red Skull having won his bout is no longer available.

Standard Rules:
    * Do not post the screen cap until the winner is drawn, no screen cap no doodle however.

MARVEL MASH-UP Lottery
    (09) Blunt Force@Mal666 defeated by Apocalypse after destroying half the city!
    (10) Sister Silicon Prime@KWRussell vs. Juggernaut
    (11) Ariza(@DZPlayer122) losing to Bullseye. (Cool, thanks)
    (12) Dynamech the Wonder Toy@Rune simply did not amuse Sabretooth at all.
    (13)
    (14)
    (15)

So I got the Freebie done which means I'll be closing this tomorrow night Friday 7:30 pm ish. I do post all the Marvel stuff to the Marvel 2015 forums as well now, so if you don't want to be seen there as well then do not enter. True geeks only -if you don't like or read Marvel, leave it for those who do.
    AC
    edited February 2015
    Not much to update but I'll do it up and see you all after work tonight, good luck eveybody .
    The Marvel Mash-Up! Lottery and one (un)lucky hero is going to get pasted by the Epic Marvel Villain of their choice.

Standard Rules:

MARVEL MASH-UP Lottery
    (13) Rook@liath taugh a lesson by the Taskmaster
    (14)
    (15) Placeholder Vs The Linecutter@AC

I do post all the Marvel stuff to the Marvel 2015 forums as well now, so if you don't want to be seen there as well then do not enter. True geeks only -if you don't like or read Marvel, leave it for those who do.
    AC
  • numaman1990numaman1990 Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Collectigus @Prototyp902 Levitating Deadpool's Chimichanga!
    edited February 2015
    "Collectigus @Prototyp902 Levitating Deadpool's Chimichanga!"

*I'm not even sure what that means. But if you do want in, you have to pick an epic villain to beat the crap out of your character. I am home early but I will still wait till 7:30 to roll for my winner.

@jonsills your drawing is almost finished but I need to know what head wings the Captain wears as the rest of the drawing looks pretty cool so far.
    AC
    edited February 2015
    Collectigus @Prototyp902 Levitating Deadpool's Chimichanga!
    For future reference, AC doesn't regard Deadpool as an Epic Villain, in part because the writers can't seem to decide if he's a villian, an antihero, an antivillain, or a hero.

And "levitating Deadpool's chimichanga" sounds like what happens while he's watching Golden Girls reruns...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

edited February 2015
    Sorry dinner ran a little late, I'll finalize the list and roll for my winner right now.

Standard Rules:

MARVEL MASH-UP Lottery
    (13) Rook@liath taugh a lesson by the Taskmaster
    (14) Placeholder Vs The Linecutter@AC
    (15) Placeholder Vs The Linecutter@AC
    (16) Placeholder Vs The Linecutter@AC
    (17) Placeholder Vs The Linecutter@AC
    (18) Placeholder Vs The Linecutter@AC
    (19) Placeholder Vs The Linecutter@AC
    (20) Placeholder Vs The Linecutter@AC

Added a couple of placeholders and rolled as a d20, the die faces a "18", rolled again the die faces a "2", "Congratz to Glimmer!"
    I'll get started on this as soon as the screen caps get posted to the thread, well after the Red Skull pic obviously.

"And "levitating Deadpool's chimichanga" sounds like what happens while he's watching Golden Girls reruns..."
    *Lol, I actually snorted when I read that line.

So remember next up: The Marvel Mash-Up: Grand Prize! This time the hero gets to win.
    Stay tuned,
    AC
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Woo-hoo! *insert happy dance here*

j61ysj.jpg30uuxwx.jpg
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

edited February 2015
    Awesome, thanks for the quick response kallethen.
    "Woo-hoo! *insert happy dance here*"

Shake, Shake, Shake...
    AC
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Oh hot damnit! Lol it would be #2
    edited February 2015
    Hello Heroes
    The Marvel Mash-Up! lottery winner's picture is finally posted "Congratz to Captain Americlown!"
    LastLaugh01:
    LastLaugh01_zps3sv1rsfc.jpg
    A bit of a hard one to find a pose for but then I thought of all those covers with the Skull victoriously holding the cube while perched above a crumpled, fallen Captain America and the pose was set.
    Not that the doodle needs a tagline but it would read something like,
    "wait... I did not will him into being a clown"
    A fun draw, I do hope you get a kick out of your doodle.
    edited February 2015
    Hello Heroes
    The Marvel Mash-Up! lottery winner's picture is finally posted "Congratz to Captain Americlown!"
    LastLaugh01:
    LastLaugh01_zps3sv1rsfc.jpg
    <whispered> "You think... you won... but the clown... always gets... the last laugh..."

(Classic fallen-hero defiance, you know.)

edited March 2015
    I'm a little behind here, the weather's been a nightmare, but I have my sketch and have started the inks so let's get the Grand Prize rolling. I'll set up the official guest list and remember you have to be on the guest list to enter the Grand Prize.

The Marvel Mash-Up: Grand Prize! - Remember this is for true geeks only, you're going to win. So pick which Epic Marvel Villain you would like to see your hero defeat. This is a new series so all villains are available (not including Galactus types). By Epic I mean the big gun / name brand villains not just the cosmic entity types. Do keep in mind that I'm an older fan so the villain you choose must be part of the main Marvel Universe and will be drawn in the most recognizable costume or era.
    The Red Skull and Nimrod are longer available.

Standard Rules:
    (02) Post the name of the Epic Marvel Villain you get to beat on.

Official Guestlist:
    @Mal666
    @Glass-Rose
    @jonsills
    @esalmighty
    @liath
    @KWRussell
    @prestochango
    @randomchance42
    @pariba
    @DZPlayer122
    @kallethen
    @blackwolf305
    @apygoos
    @Rune

Marvel Mash-Up:Grand Prize:
    (01)
    (02)
    (03)
    (04)
    (05)

I'm shooting for a Friday close but it might be later than normal. As usual, feel free to ask questions here or in game.
    AC
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Since Thundrax reminded me...

Sister Silicon Prime@KWRussell says, "Ultron! I would have words with yinz!"
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
    edited March 2015
    The dread Dormammu is no match for the mystic might of Dr. Destiny@jonsills!

• theapygoostheapygoos Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Jaguar@apygoos is too fast for Ultron Prime!
    edited March 2015
    Clone -M-@Pariba vs. Lucia Von Bardas. 'Cause badass cyborg chickfight. :D

edited March 2015
    We got a few entries already and a villainess I'll have to look up later but I'll start the list now.
    I'll set up the official guest list and remember you have to be on the guest list to enter the Grand Prize.

The Marvel Mash-Up: Grand Prize! - Remember this is for true geeks only, you're going to win. So pick which Epic Marvel Villain you would like to see your hero defeat. This is a new series so all villains are available (not including Galactus types). By Epic I mean the big gun / name brand villains not just the cosmic entity types. Do keep in mind that I'm an older fan so the villain you choose must be part of the main Marvel Universe and will be drawn in the most recognizable costume or era.

Standard Rules:

Official Guestlist:
    @Mal666
    @Glass-Rose
    @esalmighty
    @liath
    @prestochango
    @randomchance42
    @pariba
    @DZPlayer122
    @kallethen
    @blackwolf305
    @Rune

(01) Sister Silicon Prime@KWRussell says, "Ultron! I would have words with yinz!"
    (02) The dread Dormammu is no match for the mystic might of Dr. Destiny@jonsills!
    (03) Jaguar@apygoos is too fast for Ultron Prime!
    (04)
    (05)

"Clone -M-@Pariba vs. Lucia Von Bardas. 'Cause badass cyborg chickfight. :D"
    *I'll get back to you on this one.

I'm shooting for a Friday close but it might be later than normal. As usual, feel free to ask questions here or in game.
    AC
    edited March 2015
    XD okay XD
    I just went wandering through the marvel villain wiki until i found one that looked cool. Otherwise I'd be picking all the ones off the old spiderman cartoon, cause thats all I know :P

• sparklisinasparklisina Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Obvious Ninja@Glass-Rose VS Elektra

Rose_sig.png
  • randomchance4242randomchance4242 Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    A.R.E.S.@RandomChance42 gives Doom something to really be displeased about, a humiliating defeat to EYE BEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAMMMS!

(It doesn't really have to be eye beams, I just thought that'd be something funny that Doom would never live down.)
  • prestochangoprestochango Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Brown Recluse@prestochango versus Mysterio.
  • eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    edited March 2015
    Updates to the list.
    I'll set up the official guest list and remember you have to be on the guest list to enter the Grand Prize.

Standard Rules:

Official Guestlist:
    @Mal666
    @esalmighty
    @liath
    @prestochango
    @pariba
    @DZPlayer122
    @kallethen
    @blackwolf305
    @Rune

(01) Sister Silicon Prime@KWRussell says, "Ultron! I would have words with yinz!"
    (02) The dread Dormammu is no match for the mystic might of Dr. Destiny@jonsills!
    (04) Obvious Ninja@Glass-Rose VS Elektra
    (05) A.R.E.S.@RandomChance42 gives Doom something to really be displeased about.
    (06) Brown Recluse@prestochango versus Mysterio.
    (07) Rook@Liath teaches the Taskmaster a lesson in humility
    (08)
    (09)
    (10)

"I just went wandering through the marvel villain wiki until i found one that looked cool. Otherwise I'd be picking all the ones off the old spiderman cartoon, cause thats all I know :P"
    *I'm going to sound like an **** here but the contest description begins with The Marvel Mash-Up: Grand Prize! - Remember this is for true geeks only and I even went so far as to end the last two rounds with the line True geeks only -if you don't like or read Marvel, leave it for those who do. If you honestly can't pick an Epic Marvel villain off the top of your head you shouldn't have entered. If you do want in and Spider-man is all you know then enter a Spider-man villain.
    As usual, feel free to ask questions here or in game,
    AC
    edited March 2015
    I'm hoping to enter into the 18-20 range. Come on people! AC is a critical striker in D&D. Me on the other hand...I always rolled 1s and 2s. Lol
  • maleb666maleb666 Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well, here goes nothing!!

Blunt Force@Mal666 punching the crap out of Apocalypse!
    eupmtpu59ppn.jpg
    edited March 2015
    okay...before I forget ($20 he rolls a 1)

U'Tarefson@esalmighty vs Morbius piercing heart/headshot (nothing says victory like, OVERKILL)
    edited March 2015
    okay...before I forget ($20 he rolls a 1)

U'Tarefson@esalmighty vs Morbius piercing heart/headshot (nothing says victory like, OVERKILL)

First, Morbius isn't a villain, he's a misunderstood hero, much like the Hulk.

Second, I don't think you get to choose any details regarding poses, AC comes up with that stuff as part of the art gift.

Just a heads up.
    edited March 2015
    Recurve defeats Taskmaster! Somehow. I have no idea how yet. :biggrin:
    edited March 2015
    iamrune wrote: »
    First, Morbius isn't a villain, he's a misunderstood hero, much like the Hulk.

Second, I don't think you get to choose any details regarding poses, AC comes up with that stuff as part of the art gift.

Just a heads up.

1.) AC always draws their classic looks and classic Morbius started out as a villain. And I've added the same entry in the last few Mash-ups already.

2.) True... but AC has used suggestions, multiple times.
    edited March 2015
    Luna Dusksoul@kallethen outsmarts Doctor Doom.

(Or so she thinks anyways, she probably just got lucky.)

• blackwolf305blackwolf305 Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Rhomadaus@blackwolf305 vs Thanos
    Rhomadaus shows Thanos what infinite power looks like
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hehe, one where the Hero wins. Alright then, Dawn(@DZPlayer122) tracking down and out-playing Kang.

What could be more devastating than a time traveler? A time-traveling telepath who knows what you're going to do before you do.
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

edited March 2015
    Okay, uh.. epic villains. right.

Clone -M-@pariba vs Lady Deathstrike. The crazy chick with the metal goblin fingernails. She must be hell getting a manicure at the spa.

edited March 2015
    Had a few power outages here myself so the Update is a little late but I quickly fix it up. There's and electrician servicing my apartment building today so hopefully it gets sorted out.

Standard Rules:

(04) Obvious Ninja@Glass-Rose VS Elektra
    (05) A.R.E.S.@RandomChance42 gives Doom something to really be displeased about.
    (06) Brown Recluse@prestochango versus Mysterio.
    (07) Rook@Liath teaches the Taskmaster a lesson in humility
    (08) Blunt Force@Mal666 punching the crap out of Apocalypse!
    (09) U'Tarefson@esalmighty vs Morbius piercing heart/headshot
    (10) Recurve defeats Taskmaster! Somehow. I have no idea how yet.
    (11) Luna Dusksoul@kallethen outsmarts Doctor Doom
    (12) Rhomadaus@blackwolf305 vs Thanos
    (13) Dawn(@DZPlayer122) tracking down and out-playing Kang.
    (14) Clone -M-@pariba vs Lady Deathstrike.
    (15) Agent Canada@placeholder vs the Constrictor
    (16) Agent Canada@placeholder vs the Constrictor
    (17) Agent Canada@placeholder vs the Constrictor
    (18) Agent Canada@placeholder vs the Constrictor
    (19) Agent Canada@placeholder vs the Constrictor
    (20) Agent Canada@placeholder vs the Constrictor

Well so much for the update, we have the full list so I'll add a few placeholders and roll for the winner. rolled as a d20 the die faces a "5", "Congratz to A.R.E.S.!"
    Obviously I have to finish the second round doodle first but it's almost done and looking pretty good.

"I'm hoping to enter into the 18-20 range. Come on people! AC is a critical striker in D&D. Me on the other hand...I always rolled 1s and 2s. Lol"
    "okay...before I forget ($20 he rolls a 1)"
    *Lol, Ive had my share of critical fails as well.

"Stupid internet outtages makin' me miss the qualifier rounds..."
    *Sorry bluegrassbeast, but I hope it gets fixed soon.

"First, Morbius isn't a villain, he's a misunderstood hero, much like the Hulk.
    Just a heads up."

*Thanks Rune, this can be a big problem but that is why I put the disclaimer about classic versions only. With Marvel's constant flux I'd have to disallow Magneto and Venom as well and they are both way more interesting as villains in my opinion.

"1.) AC always draws their classic looks and classic Morbius started out as a villain. And I've added the same entry in the last few Mash-ups already.''

*Very true and Morbius was a great villain at the time.

"2.) True... but AC has used suggestions, multiple times."
    *For the Handbook style lotteries I like to take suggestion, for the fights I pretty much run on inspiration only and try to discourage suggestions. No offence meant but a lot of people would rather win than lose. which is understandable and post a near miss rather than a full defeat. Had you won for example; U'Tarefsonwould be pinning Morbius to the ground, with Morbius trying to claw his way up the your arm. The old Hammer vampire films would've played through it.
  • randomchance4242randomchance4242 Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ZOMG, yay! I may have squeeeed in a most undignified manner. <.< >.>

2s0bjvb.jpg

t0g4yd.jpg
  • sparklisinasparklisina Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    He really did.

I heard the squee in Michigan.

And not through skype.

He's in California.

Rose_sig.png
    edited March 2015
    I finalized the list this morning and logged into game this morning and announced the winner just like I do everytime "Hello Heroes, The Marvel Mash-up: Grand Prize lottery is now closed "Congrats to A.R.E.S.!"

This character, I won't name him, proceeds to tell me I'm in violation of US gambling laws and when I explain myself proceeds to post a link which in good faith I skimmed over. I explained first off that I was Canadian and that there was no money involved. He then posts a link to the Canadian version and adds that in the delivery of the prize that I might be in violation of smuggling laws. I'm was still trying to take this guy in good faith and fully read the Canadian link and then explained that there was no buying, selling, lending, or procuring of funds or properties and that once again there was no prize delivery (properties or funds) earned by any gambling or betting means.

Anyways, like I said I was trying to take this guy on good faith and as such he claimed he was only trying to be helpful. He was however very insistent and started to annoy me. So when I came home I reread the link and it's not really applicable to The Firewatch Art Initiative. Now if a Dev or Forum Mod thinks I've crossed some lines here that's totally different and would love to hear from them.

Lastly, he was quite insistent that I should come up with a different name and not use the word lottery to describe what I do. I seriously spent a good portion of the day trying out different words, but it's not a Raffle, 50/50 Draw or even a Door Prize. Anyways you can clearly see that this got under my skin and felt I better post something here just in case.

BTW, I love (not) how people log into a game under an assumed name and then proceed to act like an authority on anything. Remember with complete anonymity comes absolutely no accountability.
    AC
    edited March 2015
    I say just ignore the troll and keep doing what you do. :smile: