The Firewatch Art Initiative

Comments

• agentcanadaagentcanada Posts: 775 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Agent Canada pauses dramatically "So... who wants to be my Valentine?"
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Glimmer@kallethen will!
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Electrocutie@jonsills has no problem with her neighbors from Canuckistan. :smile:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • xparibaxxparibax Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Snookums@Pariba says... NOT FOR YOU! <3
    ...unless you have those cinnamon hearts, then she might reconsider... :P

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Ratasassin@esalmighty says, "i want you to draw me like your French girls"
  • novaninja555novaninja555 Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Quinn@purpulius

She is hot and compassionate. You can't deny :P

"Good can be found in heights, even in the deepest pits of evil" but "The valleys of evil always exist in the mountains of good."

~me
    edited February 2015
    Agent Canada scrutinized the messages before him an earnest smile accompanied the slightly puzzled tilt to his brow.
    "Wow, that's more responses than I had expected but I haven't been on a blind date since..."
    His jaw tightened noticeably as the sentence died upon his lips.
    "...since that Skrull incident a few years back, and we still don't talk about that."
    Skrull_zpsh5oa4ymb.jpg
    (While I do want to draw, this is not a lottery.)
    edited February 2015
    Hello Heroes
    The Marvel Mash-Up: The Grand Prize lottery winner's picture is finally posted "Congratz to Liira!"
    Beatdown01:
    Beatdown01_zpsvdvjotlm.jpg
    Nobody, not even Advanced Idea Mechanics, knew if she had actually toppled the behemoth or if a random blow had caused his own weapon to backfire, but M.O.D.O.K. had indeed been rendered insensate.
    Modok is actually quite hard to draw but I do hope you get a kick out of this doddle,
    AC
    edited February 2015
    BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!
    I laughed so hard I scared the cat. I love it, its great! WiffleBat Vengeance for all! Thanks AC!! :D This is going on her primus!

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I LOVE Skrulls! :D

And yeah it's fun seeing MODOK get beat up too.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    edited February 2015
    Terrific job AC, especially with a challenging villian to draw. :)

• prestochangoprestochango Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Cute superhero.....check
    Difficult to draw but bad **** supervillian.....check
    Whiffle Bat of Mass Destruction.....check

Awesome drawing, AC. I love all of your stuff but I think the whimisical stuff let's your inner artist really shine. Can't wait to see what you come up with for the Shamrock Showdown and the April Fool's Day Brawl to End Them All.
    edited February 2015
    Thanks everybody, it was fun. My tastes obviously run to the older comics and original character designs more than the "quick, everybody needs a new look" type of costumes, but M.O.D.O.K. is pretty recognizable in all but the latest incarnation.

"Can't wait to see what you come up with for the Shamrock Showdown and the April Fool's Day Brawl to End Them All."

I have no idea what I'll do next, I love to draw and I love running the lotteries but they can be so frustrating at times. I admit I was baiting people with the "So... who wants to be my Valentine?". Not that I wouldn't have honoured it, you should all know by now that I'm way better than that. No it was more to see who could/would follow it up and if it might prove a point.

Lame? Maybe.
    Everybody who posted caught the holiday drawing vibe and I was very glad to see the name@name format and a brief description.
    Most people saw that I did not set up a lottery but asked a simple question in character and posted females as if I was asking for a date, which was awesome.
    All that was missing for a winner was a screen cap.

So why post without any given rules? That's the frustration part; anybody who likes to follow these should act in faith and enter only those that apply and follow the the given rules.

"So... who wants to be my Valentine?"
    edited February 2015
    Yeah, once you made it plainer I'd have followed on with it, but I'm feeling too poorly this weekend to roleplay in posts. :frown:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

edited February 2015
    No worries jonsills, and I hope you feel better soon.
    I'll post a new one when something strikes my fancy.
    AC
    edited February 2015
    Oh we weren't supposed to reply? I thought people were just joking around.
    oops.

*Snookums mugs AC for cinnamon hearts anyway, just cause she can.* :P

edited February 2015
    No you were allowed to reply and eventually someone might have even hit the magic combination, and I probably wouldv'e drawn something Katy Perry, boobie girl like with at least one heart reference somewhere in the shot. The baiting was simply the lack of rules.
    AC
    edited February 2015
    No you were allowed to reply and eventually someone might have even hit the magic combination, and I probably wouldv'e drawn something Katy Perry, boobie girl like with at least one heart reference somewhere in the shot. The baiting was simply the lack of rules.
    AC

So if I would of posted a screenie you would of drawn Ratty like your French girls?

I posted originally thinking it wasn't really a lottery, however you have done quick drawings where the first to respond win. That is why I posted anyways....plus the thought of being drawn like Kate Winslet was too good to pass up.
    edited February 2015
    Let's not sweat it too much people.

No, not really ealford1985, I and Agent Canada by default are quite heterosexual and I would hope my Pin-Ups while quite tame would've shown that. Even when I have drawn hardcore stuff it was always for both the men and women in my group. Now had you been the first to post a female@name and a screen cap than yes I would've drawn you like one of my french girls.

No need for shame bluegrassbeast, I was hoping people would jump and I curious to see if anybody would nail it. When I pitched the original idea to my girlfriend, who keep in mind knows when an entry has really annoyed or frustrated me because she hears it, she said do it in character and nothing more. No explanations, just the offer. Validation comes in many forms and one of them is knowing that people actually listen or in this case read what you say.

So no more apologies or confessions just keep following the lotteries if you are still interested and respond in accordance.
    AC
    edited February 2015
    Dear AC,
    Happy Valentines Day
    <3 The FWAI Thread.

rattyfrench1.png

edited February 2015
    xparibax wrote: »
    Dear AC,
    Happy Valentines Day
    <3 The FWAI Thread.

rattyfrench1.png

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

*breath*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    edited February 2015
    Yikes!!!
    That is pretty funny though, good job xparibax.
    AC
    edited February 2015
    A little freebie fan art for Killer Spider.
    KILLER01:
    KILLER01_zpsaupjwebj.jpg
    I do these sketches at work and clean them up when I get home so it may not be totally accurate but I do hope you get a kick out of it.
    AC
    edited February 2015
    A little freebie fan art for Killer Spider.
    KILLER01:
    KILLER01_zpsaupjwebj.jpg
    I do these sketches at work and clean them up when I get home so it may not be totally accurate but I do hope you get a kick out of it.
    AC

Love that pose AC. That would make a great poster for Killer Spider the movie.
    edited February 2015
    All right were going to go with something fun for me to see if I can't get my mojo back. The Marvel Mash-Up! Lottery and one (un)lucky hero is going to get pasted by the Epic Marvel Villain of their choice.

The Marvel Mash-Up! - Remember this is for true geeks only, you're going to lose. So pick which Epic Marvel Villain you would like to see utterly defeat your hero. This is a new series so all villains are available (not including Galactus types). By Epic I mean the big gun / name brand villains not just the cosmic entity types. Do keep in mind that I'm an older fan so the villain you choose must be part of the main Marvel Universe and will be drawn in the most recognizable costume or era.

Standard Rules:
    (01) Post the name of your Hero and your @name.
    (02) Post the name of the Epic Marvel Villain you lose to.
    (03) You are responsible for posting a screen-cap of your hero
    * Do not post the screen cap until the winner is drawn, no screen cap no doodle however.

MARVEL MASH-UP Lottery
    (01)
    (02)
    (03)
    (04)
    (05)

The first round is going to be very quick, as in tomorrow morning. The list is real and has a Nat D20 cap, and yes I really do roll a die to determine the winner. Feel free to ask question here but do not post a screen cap in advance, I'd like to keep the thread as neat as possible.
    AC

Ps Just a reminder I do post all the Marvel stuff to the Marvel 2015 forums as well now, so if you don't want to be seen there as well then do not enter. Oh and if you don't like or read Marvel, leave it for those who do.
    AC
  • maleb666maleb666 Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Blunt Force@Mal666 vs Apocalypse
    eupmtpu59ppn.jpg
  • sparklisinasparklisina Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Stellar Storm@Glass-Rose VS. Thanos

Rose_sig.png
    edited February 2015
    Captain Americlown@jonsills falls before the might of the Red Skull!

edited February 2015
    U'Tarefson@esalmighty being ambushed by Morbius
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'll let this ride...

Sister Silicon Prime@KWRussell gets knockback spammed by The Juggernaut
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
    edited February 2015
    Brown Recluse@prestochango beaten by Sandman!
  • randomchance4242randomchance4242 Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Ballistic@randomchance42 just shot down 4 of Bullseye's throwing knives in mid-air. It's a shame he threw 5.
    edited February 2015
    Lets set up the official list now as it's going to be a short run. The Marvel Mash-Up! Lottery and one (un)lucky hero is going to get pasted by the Epic Marvel Villain of their choice.

The Marvel Mash-Up! - Remember this is for true geeks only, you're going to lose. So pick which Epic Marvel Villain you would like to see utterly defeat your hero. This is a new series so all villains are available (not including Galactus types). By Epic I mean the big gun / name brand villains not just the cosmic entity types. Do keep in mind that I'm an older fan so the villain you choose must be part of the main Marvel Universe and will be drawn in the most recognizable costume or era.

Standard Rules:
    * Do not post the screen cap until the winner is drawn, no screen cap no doodle however.

MARVEL MASH-UP Lottery
    (01) Blunt Force@Mal666 vs Apocalypse
    (02) Stellar Storm@Glass-Rose VS. Thanos
    (03) Captain Americlown@jonsills falls before the might of the Red Skull!
    (04) U'Tarefson@esalmighty being ambushed by Morbius
    (05) Rook@liath might fall foul of the Taskmaster
    (06) Sister Silicon Prime@KWRussell gets knockback spammed by The Juggernaut
    (07) Brown Recluse@prestochango beaten by Sandman!
    (08) Ballistic@randomchance42 vs. Bullseye
    (09)
    (10)

``Ballistic@randomchance42 just shot down 4 of Bullseye's throwing knives in mid-air. It's a shame he threw 5``
    *It`s epic loss, not near miss, and that`s a little too specific but Bullseye is definately an Epic Villain so I`ll add you to the list anyways.

The first round is going to be very quick, as in tomorrow morning. The list is real and has a Nat D20 cap, and yes I really do roll a die to determine the winner. Feel free to ask question here but do not post a screen cap in advance, I'd like to keep the thread as neat as possible.

Ps Just a reminder I do post all the Marvel stuff to the Marvel 2015 forums as well now, so if you don't want to be seen there as well then do not enter. Oh and if you don't like or read Marvel, leave it for those who do.
    AC
    edited February 2015
    Snookums@pariba vs Typhoid Mary. The comic book crazy chick, not the real one :P

edited February 2015
    Morning all, I'll finalize the list and roll for my winner

Standard Rules:

MARVEL MASH-UP Lottery

(01) Blunt Force@Mal666 vs Apocalypse
    (02) Stellar Storm@Glass-Rose VS. Thanos
    (03) Captain Americlown@jonsills falls before the might of the Red Skull!
    (04) U'Tarefson@esalmighty being ambushed by Morbius
    (05) Rook@liath might fall foul of the Taskmaster
    (06) Sister Silicon Prime@KWRussell gets knockback spammed by The Juggernaut
    (07) Brown Recluse@prestochango beaten by Sandman!
    (08) Ballistic@randomchance42 vs. Bullseye
    (09) Snookums@pariba vs Typhoid Mary. The comic book crazy chick, not the real one :P
    (10) Agent Canada@Placeholder loses to Crossbones

Added a placeholder and rolled as a d10 the die faces a "3" Congatz to the Red Skull, errr I mean Captain Americlown!
    You appear to have a winning streak going jonsills, I'll get started as soon as the screen cap gets posted. Thanks to everyone willing to take a pounding to make this event happen.
    AC
    edited February 2015
    Cool!! I just so happen to have a screencap handy...

CaptainAmericlown_zpsae007236.png

If his weapon is out, he uses the Foxbat Ping-Pong-Ball Gun (I'll see if I can't get a shot of that later).

edited February 2015
    A little freebie fan art for Joule.
    Joule01:
    Joule01_zpsfugonajv.jpg
    Forgive the expression, sometimes one line of ink can drastically change a pencil sketch. I love her face but the inks have made her resemble someone and it's bugging me that I don't know who, not really important but I do hope you get a kick out of this doodle.

Thanks for the quick response @jonsills.
    AC
  • theapygoostheapygoos Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    damn it i missed a lottery...
    i love Joule though!
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    A little freebie fan art for Joule.
    Joule01:
    Joule01_zpsfugonajv.jpg
    Forgive the expression, sometimes one line of ink can drastically change a pencil sketch. I love her face but the inks have made her resemble someone and it's bugging me that I don't know who, not really important but I do hope you get a kick out of this doodle.

Thanks for the quick response @jonsills.
    AC

I love it!! Thank you!:biggrin:
    edited February 2015
    Hello Heroes my pencils are done and I've started the inks so let's set up the second round. The Marvel Mash-Up! Lottery and one (un)lucky hero is going to get pasted by the Epic Marvel Villain of their choice.

The Marvel Mash-Up! - Remember this is for true geeks only, you're going to lose. So pick which Epic Marvel Villain you would like to see utterly defeat your hero. This is a new series so all villains are available (not including Galactus types). By Epic I mean the big gun / name brand villains not just the cosmic entity types. Do keep in mind that I'm an older fan so the villain you choose must be part of the main Marvel Universe and will be drawn in the most recognizable costume or era. The Red Skull having won his bout is no longer available.

Standard Rules:

MARVEL MASH-UP Lottery
    (01)
    (02)
    (03)
    (04)
    (05)

I have to finish the Red Skull of course and a Freebie so I'll leave this one up longer and give a firm deadline with the first update. I do post all the Marvel stuff to the Marvel 2015 forums as well now, so if you don't want to be seen there as well then do not enter. True geeks only -if you don't like or read Marvel, leave it for those who do.
    AC
    edited February 2015
    One doesn't feel lucky...

U'tarefson@esalmighty ambushed by Morbius
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Oh man, I can't decide...

Blitz (@DZPlayer122) losing to Ultron?
    or...
    Ariza (@DZPlayer122) losing to someone hired by Kingpin, like Bullseye?
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

edited February 2015
    Glimmer@kallethen falls to Nimrod

• sparklisinasparklisina Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Stellar Storm@Glass-Rose VS Thanos

Rose_sig.png
  • randomchance4242randomchance4242 Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    A.R.E.S.@RandomChance42 really shouldn't have entered Latverian airspace. Doom is not amused.
  • blackwolf305blackwolf305 Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Can I still enter, if so
    Ronan the Accuser wants the black blooded Rhomadaus@blackwolf305
  • theapygoostheapygoos Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Jaguar@apygoos needs more than speed to defeat Ultron Prime!