What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20130824.19 PTS Update

lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
edited October 2013 in PTS - The Archive
This build is scheduled to hit PTS at 4pm PST, 10/18/2013

Greetings!

The the following build contains some updates to the upcoming Takofanes II Lockbox as well as some minor bug fixes.

Release Notes:

Takofanes II Lockbox:

• This lockbox now contains Evil Frank, Evil Mummy, and Evil Ghost become devices instead of their nicer counterparts. These are cosmetic variants.
  • The Takofanes II Lockbox now drops from defeated enemies. This Lockbox has a distinct appearance and will be picked up automatically by walking over it. It is also available in the Q-Store for 250 Questionite.
  • The Demonwing now comes slotted with Plasma Beam Mark 2 and Gravity Pulse Mark 2 (but not Incentiary Rounds)
  • The Demonwing now has 2 supprt and 2 defense slots. Existing Demonwings may have their mods mis-slotted by this change.
  • The Demonwing is no longer using a placeholder model.
  • The Booster Box no longer contains a Crafting Skill Up.

Vehicles:

• Most Vehicles got a minor rename to move the vehicle type (such as "Grav Bike") from the name to the item's description.
  • Old Hawkwings that were named like Become Devices (such as "Become Hawkwing Command Ship") are now called Prototypes (such as "Prototype Hawkwing Command Ship")
  • Hawkwings that had "Mark 2" in their names (such as "Hawkwing Command Ship Mark 2") to differentiate them from the Prototypes aren't called "Mark 2" anymore (such as "Hawkwing Command Ship")
  • Hawkwing vehicles now have a 30 second cooldown like the other vehicles.

Items:

• Gladiator Imperator become device: fixed stat scaling on its Unstoppable passive.
  • Fixed damage absorb for the Invulnerability power on Lemurian Power Armors and Powered Suit become devices.
  • Added invulnerability passive to Resistance Command Leader Robot.
  • Mummy become device: fixed issues related to stat scaling for its Pestilence passive.
  • The Drifter now sells the Doomlord become device -- for a limited time only.
  • both new and existing Doomlord and Celestial become devices have been raised from purple to gold quality.
  • Halloween Treat Bags may now be used straight from your inventory.

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go elsewhere.

In particular, do not report bugs from the live game in this thread, unless they are impacted by changes in the PTS build.
Post edited by lordgar on

Comments

• Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,072 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Aww, great to see you guys saw my feedback on Devices and our suggestions and fixed them!

Especially Invuln on Resistance Command Leader, I'll be testing these as soon as I can! :biggrin:
  • Options
    joybuzzerxjoybuzzerx Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Wait...Lock Boxes in Q Store, but you still open them with Keys?
  • Options
    megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It's like the ones in sto but their in a stack of 20
  • Options
    lordgarlordgar Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The Evil be critters appear to be missing their evil auras in this PTS build. This is what they will look like.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    lordgar wrote: »
    The Evil be critters appear to be missing their evil auras in this PTS build. This is what they will look like.

I like them, but I am also slightly creeped out by them lol :wink:
  • Options
    gerberatetragerberatetra Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Bug- Lordly Tako AF doesn't bind or 'use' on use

You can get the AF unlock with out actually using it up, double click and no message telling you that it's unlocked appears but it does show up in your AF list and works

Here we are now going to the West Side
    Weapons in hand as we go for a ride
    Some may come and some may stay
    Watching out for a sunny day
    Where there's love and darkness and my sidearm

In game as @forgemccain
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Note: [Become Evil Ghost] Does come with respective "EVIL" Aura. Only Frank and Mummy are not changing.
  • Options
    cptcooltasticcptcooltastic Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    [*]This lockbox now contains Evil Frank, Evil Mummy, and Evil Ghost become devices instead of their nicer counterparts. These are cosmetic variants.

I appreciate you guys trying to make them somewhat different. But you guys really went with the bare minimum as far as changes go. I was expecting to see NEW SKINS for these at least. These are just the same old beat up becomes with an FX added.:frown:

[*]The Takofanes II Lockbox now drops from defeated enemies. This Lockbox has a distinct appearance and will be picked up automatically by walking over it. It is also available in the Q-Store for 250 Questionite.

Picked up AUTOMATICALLY? Wow, you guys REALLY want these things in our inventory don't ya. *sigh* Oh well, not a big deal I guess.

The Q-store thing kind of bums me out. I usually make a KILLING in the first few days on the Auction House from selling the fancy new boxes. You guys effectively killed off a pretty good source of making globals.:frown:

On the other hand, I suppose this is going to be your answer for not having to add the Lockbox stuff to the Store for direct pay. Now you can just add all the boxes to the q-store so that they're always available. Touche Cryptic.

[*]both new and existing Doomlord and Celestial become devices have been raised from purple to gold quality.

Gold Quality eh? I suppose the new Justice Gear will be sporting this as well? I hope this isn't going to make them RIDICULOUSLY Rare. Drop Rates in CO are bad enough as it is.
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited October 2013
    Picked up AUTOMATICALLY? Wow, you guys REALLY want these things in our inventory don't ya. *sigh* Oh well, not a big deal I guess.

It's worth noting that for a lot of people, this is going to smooth out the experience. If someone isn't saving lockboxes while running an instance, this reduces how often they have to stop, grab loot, then start rolling again. This change will let people keep their momentum going, really stay in flow.
  • Options
    cptcooltasticcptcooltastic Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It's worth noting that for a lot of people, this is going to smooth out the experience. If someone isn't saving lockboxes while running an instance, this reduces how often they have to stop, grab loot, then start rolling again. This change will let people keep their momentum going, really stay in flow.

If that's the case, then I would really appreciate the same being done for things like Mods and Recognition as well. Basically any items that aren't effected by Team Looting.:smile:
  • Options
    crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Lordgar wrote:
    The Takofanes II Lockbox now drops from defeated enemies. This Lockbox has a distinct appearance and will be picked up automatically by walking over it. It is also available in the Q-Store for 250 Questionite.

Nice to see you taking notes from Neverwinter. Perhams this is a sign of things to come? :biggrin:
    Gradii wrote:
    crafting is already FAR too hard to raise. bad call on dropping skill boosts.
    For those of you who missed the memo....Crafting died with On Alert. Sorry. Even NW, the new kid on the block, doesn't call that "thing" we have crafting. If you don't have a 400 on at least one toon then I am sorry. You truly have my condolences...perhaps have a lucky friend do the higher combines for you? I'd offer but that "lucky" bit has never been in my list of traits in a MMO.
    please make the lockboxes in the q store come in stacks of more than 10, its REALLY frustrating to pay 250 q for EACH box only to get junk each time even MORE often because of nerfed rewards inside.

I'll go a step beyond this one and ask that EVERYTHING in the game that can stack do so to AT LEAST 99(unlimited would be better). Please. :wink:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Bug: Roomsweeper animation. The legs do not move at all when charging Roomsweeper and moving your character at the same time.
    Where it happens: Charging or activating Roomsweeper.
    What happens: As stated above.
  • Options
    flamingbunnymanflamingbunnyman Posts: 2,035 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The Takofanes II Lockbox now drops from defeated enemies. This Lockbox has a distinct appearance and will be picked up automatically by walking over it. It is also available in the Q-Store for 250 Questionite.

I like the auto-pickup. Can this also be applied to ALL lockbox/grab bag style drops (Anniversary Present, Treat Bag, etc)?

I'd like to suggest some changes to the Q-Store purchases of lockboxes:
    -Change the price to 200. The Questionite Box item drops 200Q 70% of the time, so this seems like a good price. It also means that you can make 10 purchases for one Alert Daily or Adventure Pack reward.
    -Sell a small stack, rather than an individual box. I would suggest 5 boxes for 200Q, but I wouldn't object to the 10 previously mentioned.
    -If the intention is to reintroduce the old lockboxes via this method, please consider retrofitting them to the new style. The previous boxes - especially the two vehicle boxes, with their preponderance of vehicle mods - felt like they were worth far less than the cost of a key most of the time.
    The Demonwing now comes slotted with Plasma Beam Mark 2 and Gravity Pulse Mark 2 (but not Incentiary Rounds)

The Demonwing now has 2 supprt and 2 defense slots. Existing Demonwings may have their mods mis-slotted by this change.

The Demonwing is no longer using a placeholder model.

Thanks for these changes. Can't wait to get home and see the new model!
    The Booster Box no longer contains a Crafting Skill Up

Is there a reason for this change? If there's an upcoming change to the crafting/fusing system, then I'll withhold comment, but if there isn't, I see no good reason for this. If you feel that they make skilling up too easy, then reduce their drop rate, but please don't eliminate them without good reason.
    edited October 2013
    Is there a better way to get the new vehicles for testing? I went through 450-500 boxes before two of them finally popped up, which REALLY put me off on the idea of actually bothering to get this thing on LIVE.

For the most part, i didn't come across any bugs aside from the evil Aura not working. As a point though, the Ghost (for me at least) had the aura effect instead of legs, but the full body aura wasn't there. I was however disappointed that the only visual difference is the red smoke, rather than there being any real changes.

Love the dino costume, but i was sad to see that it was a costume and not more dino parts, but still cool none the less. I was sad to see that the Pheremones no longer could be used together though, i'm sure there will be a lot of angry players once that hits live.

Over all though, i really wish you guys would make the vehicles into more of what Cryptic led us to believe. Being able to customize the colors or possibly parts, would be a huge win for the vehicle system. I was really digging the wings of the new jet, but the color and the rest just didn't seem to great by me. Being able to use the different pieces to customize a ship (like STO) would make these things worth a lot more to the players.
  • Options
    xcaligaxxcaligax Posts: 1,096 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Bug: Remove Specializations and Traits option

Where it happens: When clicking "Remove all", during interaction with a powerhouse NPC.

What happens: On Live, it allows you too remove your specializations for free without the changing of trees, on the PTS, it goes straight to the remove all for 50g fee. I believe this is unintentional.
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    xcaligax wrote: »

Where it happens: When clicking "Remove all", during interaction with a powerhouse NPC.

What happens: On Live, it allows you too remove your specializations for free without the changing of trees, on the PTS, it goes straight to the remove all for 50g fee. I believe this is unintentional.

Is it forcing you pay to remove if you commit while in the Power House?
    (unintentional)

Is it telling to pay to remove if you leave the Power House and come back?
    (this should happen, unless your specs glitched to make respecs free every time.)
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    stergiosmanstergiosman Posts: 717 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    xcaligax wrote: »

Shhhhh Caligaa...don't spoil it for us.
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Bug: Unable to move on vehicle after period of time
    Where it happens: After being on vehicle for several minutes without moving
    What happens: When in vehicle (bike, tank, jet) and stationary for a period of time (seems to be around 10 mins) unable to move vehicle in any direction (up down, forward, back, left, right) but can spin in place. This bug is also on LIVE as of previous patch there. On PTS only way i have found to get back to normal motion is to go to Hideout, as clicking on vehicle icon does not dismount.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,600 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It was easy to make it so that when you choose all your spec points for the trees, you could leave and come back and be able to remove those spec points for free and then reselect which points go where. This did not let you select new stats, talents, or be able to change which spec trees you wanted. It just let you reassign spec points within the trees you locked in.

I'm not sure if it was intentional but I thought it was when On Alert came out. If it was not intended then it might have be fixed or you didn't do the same process this time to allow you to freely reassign your spec points. Though I like being able to reassign my spec points for free to trees I locked by going to the power house any time, but if you have to I pay the 50G fee to remove them as well as stats as a whole, then that's the way its gotta be.

If this is the fix to prevent players from using up to 5 spec trees through a certain exploit, then so be it.
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Bug: There is no Gold color in Auction House

The auction house already has fallen far behind the times. There needs to be a Vehicles category, the yellow color might need to be dumped, and the gold color should be added.

The best change would be a filter function, but a couple category/color additions would be excellent.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    This is actually with regards to the previous patch, but...

BUG:
    Using the new leg length sliders to make very short legs can cause certain costume parts to hang below the bottom of the character model.

How to reproduce:
    -Go to the Scales tab and set leg length to the minimum.
    -Go to the Chest tab and Select a cape, or a jacket with a long tail (trench coat, duster, etc)
    -The bottom of the cape or coat is below the feet, and hangs into the ground.

shortrod.jpg

Suggested solution: Make the leg slider affect the length of capes, so that the bottom of capes cannot go below ground level.
    edited October 2013
    This is actually with regards to the previous patch, but...

BUG:
    Using the new leg length sliders to make very short legs can cause certain costume parts to hang below the bottom of the character model.

How to reproduce:
    -Go to the Scales tab and set leg length to the minimum.
    -Go to the Chest tab and Select a cape, or a jacket with a long tail (trench coat, duster, etc)
    -The bottom of the cape or coat is below the feet, and hangs into the ground.

shortrod.jpg

Suggested solution: Make the leg slider affect the length of capes, so that the bottom of capes cannot go below ground level.

This is why we can't have nice things. How often have we asked them to completely open up the Costume Editor? If they did that there would be TONS of clipping issues such as this one. You just have to use your better judgement when creating a character. If you have an issue with some of your cape/coat clipping through the ground then adjust your legs to be a little longer.

Sense we're hovering around the topic of cape length though. I'd like to ask for a MEDIUM LENGTH CAPE option. Sometimes I run into an issue where the regular capes are to long and the Small Cape is just TOO small. A middle option would be nice.:biggrin:

ALSO: Can we FINALLY get Cape Designs added to Small Cape and hopefully Medium Cape sizes while we're at it?

Tight Patterns for "Briefs" would be greatly appreciated as well. Or FIX the Subligar on Females
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    If the cape bunched up on the ground if it was too long, it wouldn't bother me at all.

A bettwe solution than my previous one: Can we just get a cape length slider, since we're adding new sliders? Then we can fix it ourselves when we need to, and it will add more options even for those that aren't negatively impacted by this.
    edited October 2013
    If the cape bunched up on the ground if it was too long, it wouldn't bother me at all.

A bettwe solution than my previous one: Can we just get a cape length slider, since we're adding new sliders? Then we can fix it ourselves when we need to, and it will add more options even for those that aren't negatively impacted by this.

That is a better idea. I second this.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This is why we can't have nice things. How often have we asked them to completely open up the Costume Editor? If they did that there would be TONS of clipping issues such as this one. You just have to use your better judgement when creating a character. If you have an issue with some of your cape/coat clipping through the ground then adjust your legs to be a little longer.

Sense we're hovering around the topic of cape length though. I'd like to ask for a MEDIUM LENGTH CAPE option. Sometimes I run into an issue where the regular capes are to long and the Small Cape is just TOO small. A middle option would be nice.:biggrin:

ALSO: Can we FINALLY get Cape Designs added to Small Cape and hopefully Medium Cape sizes while we're at it?

Tight Patterns for "Briefs" would be greatly appreciated as well. Or FIX the Subligar on Females

Cape length slider plz.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Cape length slider plz.

*Psst!* I already said that 2 posts up! :P
    edited October 2013
    Cape/Ground Interact Feature.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Why not just let cape physics objects collision sensitive to the ground? Short legs? Drag your cape. And sure, cape length slider, too. Let us make a cape that drags on the ground for ridiculousness' sake.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • Options
    chaoswolf820chaoswolf820 Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    AH needs some manner of checkbox or something to excluse already-unlocked costumes when searching - it's an incredible pain to dig through page after page after page of Anniversary items/Recognition unlocks/Ironclad Gladius/Heavy Taiha/etc. when looking for stuff I don't have yet but can't search for by name directly because I don't know what name it's listed under.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Why not just let cape physics objects collision sensitive to the ground? Short legs? Drag your cape. And sure, cape length slider, too. Let us make a cape that drags on the ground for ridiculousness' sake.

If they could make a cap lay parallel to the ground, then they could make a motorcycle sit parallel to the ground.... ._.
    *Psst!* I already said that 2 posts up! :P

Psst, if you don't want support for your ideas you'll need to explicitely state so :O
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    AH needs some manner of checkbox or something to excluse already-unlocked costumes when searching - it's an incredible pain to dig through page after page after page of Anniversary items/Recognition unlocks/Ironclad Gladius/Heavy Taiha/etc. when looking for stuff I don't have yet but can't search for by name directly because I don't know what name it's listed under.

They need a rarity revision in general. All those purples that really honestly aren't that rare.
  • Options
    chaoswolf820chaoswolf820 Posts: 734 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    They need a rarity revision in general. All those purples that really honestly aren't that rare.

That's not even really the problem - it's rooting through stuff I've already got.

The game is fully able to track if you've got a piece that an item unlocks, why can't it just have a box to check that'll say "Okay, I'm looking for new costume parts. You know what I've got, so skip those, show me the other stuff I don't have yet."
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    But searches would be easier in general if those purple rarity items that drop off of anything were changed to yellow or white, and devices that drop easy in game were changed from blue to a lower rarity since they aren't permanent. You'd be able to see at least all the available costume pieces with reaching the 400 cap.

Anyways, adding Special Rarity back into the AH search would be nice.
  • Options
    shadowzero66shadowzero66 Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The game is fully able to track if you've got a piece that an item unlocks

Not entirely, but I understand your point. If you bought the Epic Samurai set, the Samurai drop pieces will still say "Unlocks Costume Piece". There are a few other examples. Also, it'd be nice if they did the same tracking for action figures.
    Grind for the Grind God! Tokens for the Token Throne!
  • Options
    crosschancrosschan Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    <Looks at Notes>
    <Looks up>
    <Looks at Notes>
    <Looks up>

Nope, AH has nothing to do with the current notes..and you even put it in red like it was a bug. For shame. This is why we can't have nice things.
    Lordgar wrote:
    Halloween Treat Bags may now be used straight from your inventory.
    That's convenient. How about letting them stack to like 999 or something? That, too, would be convenient...and while you're at it could you make ALL the candy and junk that drops from BM stack the same way? Please? :biggrin:
    2s9bzbq.jpg
  • Options
    kenpojujitsu3kenpojujitsu3 Posts: 1,320 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    gradii wrote: »
    stop acting like a total ***** and remember theres a THING called mod fusing which requires a THING called crafting skill. I have several toons at 400. I want more at 400. so stop being a moron.

You completely missed the point, actually several points, in your attempt to tell Cross something they already know very well. Here's 2 of 5...

Point 1: We only need one toon at 400 because the different schools have no bearing on fusing anymore and any one toon can do the fusing and send the mods to all the others or stick it in a hideout bank or in a SG vault...or...

Point 2: Getting to 400 is a lot harder now than it was before which is why Cross said...
    If you don't have a 400 on at least one toon then I am sorry. You truly have my condolences

...because it's that much harder now than it was before and not worth the time sink of node hunting if someone could instead...
    have a lucky friend do the higher combines for you?

We were just discussing this with the devs a few days ago so seriously, ease back a bit.
    Freeform Builds Directory (Last updated: 04/23/2016)
    Serving since September, 2009 / 65 Characters, 63 Level 40's
  • Options
    secksegaisecksegai Posts: 1,354 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    stop acting like a total ***** and remember theres a THING called mod fusing which requires a THING called crafting skill. I have several toons at 400. I want more at 400. so stop being a moron.

Wow, Cross is probably one of the most level-headed players here. Of course, you gradii have already proven time and again you aren't.

I remember when craft skill meant something. I remember when I had the ability to actually make stuff.

Fusing isn't a crafting system, its merely a chore. I had 3 or 4 leveled to 400 before the system change, and haven't had need to level one to 400 since, because 1 400 does it all, and bothering with nodes is just shy of pointless with r5s already having so little value (nodes having lower ranking mods).

Anyone who actually spent time using the old system would acknowledge it was superior. I thought the CTP crafting was a pain, but at least then I could craft something really nice. These days its not even worth fusing most of the time with the r7s about and safeguards so rare.
  • Options
    fudgemonstafudgemonsta Posts: 1,591 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I remember the old system and miss it. I may not always be level headed, but I'm VERY nice. obviously you haven't met me in game. I actively seek out new players to help them. I give away rare costume unlocks. I'm one of the nicest people you'll meet in game. I lead an sg tailored mostly to helping new players. all the recognition I get here for it is ridicule and insults. thanks.

Less QQ more pew pew.
    @HangingDeath

Deliciously nutritious!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    "Pew pew" is lazors.

Munitions is dakka.

1336686552488.jpg
    edited October 2013
    Stay on topic, guys.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    malvoumalvou Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Any way you can just buy the Demonwing on the PTS? I've opened atleast 100+ boxes got a lot of dinosaur fursuits and mod packs, but this is just getting silly now.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    No, you can't directly buy it.

100+ boxes without a drop isn't surprising; it's a 0.5%(-ish) drop rate. That means that one in 200 boxes has a demonwing. Of course, just because you opened 200 doesn't guarantee you'll get one.

Let me know your @name and I'll mail you one. I got a bunch while testing the lockbox drop rates.
    edited October 2013
    The drop rates are so poor I don't see why anyone would be encouraged to buy keys anymore.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The DinoSuit tail needs to stop wiggling.... It's a cheap SUIT.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    The DinoSuit tail needs to stop wiggling.... It's a cheap SUIT.

I'd agree, but some of the people wearing the suit might have real tails inside the suit one.

Maybe give both static and animated versions?