test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server not responding/Connection issues

1234568»

Comments

• cramneajcramneaj Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Since yesterday, impossible to conectto the game.
    No change on my PC or network configuration but i don't see Internet trafic on search screen
  • fewmetflamefewmetflame Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I've been having this issue for the last 2 months, sharply increasingly for the past 2 weeks.

No, I am not going to disable my antivirus, nor should I have to do so; it doesn't block ports.
    I already set my router to permit the game access.
    My video drivers were updated last month.

I have no problem whatsoever with video, streaming, etc. for anything else.

Just this game. No other game has been showing any kind of latency issues.

So, what's changed on Cryptic's side?
  • blumoon8blumoon8 Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I've also been noticing a LARGE amount of lag since yesterday. In instances it seems to lessen when I clear out more critters.

Edit: Seems to be ok in the overworld but instances lag.

I say stuff and I say things, sometimes together but only when I'm feeling adventurous.

I'm @blu8 in game! :D
  • mjsundaymjsunday Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I am having trouble getting into Champions Online. I am able to log in, select my character, and I stay on the Millennium City loading screen. My loading bar gets to about 95% and stays there. I haven't changed my router or PC at all. Any help would be great.
  • harunizmharunizm Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I am getting this "Server is not responding" error since 4-5 days. And this nightmare began after the last "Emergency Maintenance" apocalypse.
    I simply working hard and running to home for play C.O. , but whenever I login, select any of my character, that responding nightmare comes out, I cant play stable for 10 mins before disconnect.
    I live in Istanbul Turkey, I've 2mbits bandwith, also I didn't see this errors & crashes on times that Cryptic operates the game.
    I began to dislike Perfect World because I pay for some little enjoy and these 3 hours is all of my freetime and it deads with errors, crashes etc...
    Please do something for this connection issues, I dont know how to do, may be you should buy some new servers, upgrade your equipment etc.etc.
    You also changed old wonderful crafting system to a money mining crafting system. :(

I'm waiting an action from crew to resolve this connection & crashing issues.
    Please work dudes! We're your customers...
  • whateverdude1234whateverdude1234 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The "server is not responding" issue is happening to me as well... and when it does "respond", I often find that I'm only partially loaded into the game. The following symptoms appear for me:
    1. Can't interact or with objects or speak with npcs
    2. "Rubberbanding" effect whenever I attempt to move, even if it's a few feet
    3. Unable to enter combat because of the rubberbanding effect.
    4. My character gets stuck in mid-animation and stays in that pose
    5. Toggle powers do not respond
    6. Mouse-over power descriptions are not returning any info.
    7. Recognition currency displays strange descriptions. For example TIER1_TOKEN for MCPD recognitions.
    8. Mail not appearing in mailbox - empty mailbox
    9. Quests not appearing in quest log - empty quest log

After standing around in game for about 5-10 minutes, the server sometimes "catches up" and some of the above issues disappear, but not all of them. In short, the game has become unplayable for me since last patch.

I ran a traceroute, tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com and nothing indicated a TCP or packet issue. 19 hops, no drops, low to decent ms in response time.

However, this doesn't mean that the live server's UDP traffic, which is a best-effort response protocol, isn't borked. In fact, many of the above symptoms point to that...

So Cryptic, if you're reading, pretty please with sugar on top... check your friggin' UDP traffic.
  • rowan79rowan79 Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    It seems you cannot swim in water, because everytime I come out of it the whole game crashes to the desktop. Is this a known thing? Something perhaps on Cryptic's side or a driver issue? Anyone with any intel on the matter is ofc greatly appreciated.:smile:

"Do you know what power is? Power is control of men who are lesser than you."
  • revenantbobrevenantbob Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Seems to be happening to me too. It was after I switched characters. Everything is fine on one, no lag, latency or anything. I go to another ALL HECK BREAKS LOOSE!

- Can't get into game (Retrieving Map List), so restart game
    - Can't finish loading screen, so restart game
    - Get into game, chat servers are down, Restart game
    - SPringing around, chat working, no commands working ( Not even /logout) restart game
    - Server timeout, Login server disconnects, gallore

Seems to be character dependent. One works, on goes haywire like this.
    houserin_signature.png
  • revenantbobrevenantbob Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    This is definitely character dependant.
    houserin_signature.png
  • daphuqdaphuq Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    this is still happening, first server not responding and then it fails to connect to patch server.
  • jackmcfist1jackmcfist1 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hi! I'm really new to this but I have this odd connection bug. When I try to Team Up on Open Missions I disconnect from the server, and my entire network shuts off.
  • yutakihovayutakihova Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thanks this really helped me, my rooter was the problem
  • devilrorodevilroro Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I am still having this problem, "server not responding" every 10-20 minutes...
  • maskedsidhemaskedsidhe Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    At least a half dozen times on Sunday, I would freeze up, see a message in red on-screen indicating that the server was not responding and then after a 15-20 second countdown, I would get disconnected. I also encountered some rubberbanding, where I would run down a street, then find myself back where I started. Anyone else? I have a souped up Alienware rig that I bought this year, so my PC is not the issue...
  • serpent1sserpent1s Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    My problem is this when i login into the game the loading is just like about to finish but .... not! it just stays on 75% or whatever and the loading isn't even finishing!!!!!!! i tried creating a new character then it isn't even working!!!! :confused: THE SERVER NOT RESPONDING ALWAYS REFRESH TO 0 EVERY 1-2 MINUTES THEN THE LOADING BAR ISN'T EVEN MOVING A BIT ! 3hKkS.jpg
  • anichamaanichama Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Hey I just downloaded Champions online and no matter what i do I can't seem to get in, I have it downloaded in steam.. and I have it installed as a stand alone kind of thing... but still, if I run either, it starts up, I get the 'Trying to update launcher. Please be patient. Tried Connecting 1 time." message and then I get an error saying "The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function"

Please help!!! D:
  • serpent1sserpent1s Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    anichama wrote: »
    Hey I just downloaded Champions online and no matter what i do I can't seem to get in, I have it downloaded in steam.. and I have it installed as a stand alone kind of thing... but still, if I run either, it starts up, I get the 'Trying to update launcher. Please be patient. Tried Connecting 1 time." message and then I get an error saying "The patchclient got a message while it was in a state with no response function"

Please help!!! D:

THAT can be fixed but my problem can't okay here is the fix

http://www.mediafire.com/?4e5oif0j810pi5j = download that and copy to your champiosn online folder replace the CHAMPIONS ONLINE.exe file
  • zerozephonzerozephon Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I am also getting the evil "Server not responding" message. I will be running around in game (lol trying to anyways thanks to the rubber banding) and it will pop up for a few seconds then go away. Some times I have to log to make it go away. This only started happening to me the past week. I changed noting on my pc and it was running perfectly fine before. The game is unplayable at the moment. Its kinda irritating when im paying them for a service that randomly craps on itself.....
  • thetechnophilethetechnophile Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well I had problems with Ports 7000-7499 and it was resolved by just resetting the router. Hope this helps.

Non-steam download, Error 14 when patching etc.
  • edrickedrick Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    serpent1s wrote: »
    My problem is this when i login into the game the loading is just like about to finish but .... not! it just stays on 75% or whatever and the loading isn't even finishing!!!!!!! i tried creating a new character then it isn't even working!!!! :confused: THE SERVER NOT RESPONDING ALWAYS REFRESH TO 0 EVERY 1-2 MINUTES THEN THE LOADING BAR ISN'T EVEN MOVING A BIT ! 3hKkS.jpg
    mjsunday wrote: »
    I am having trouble getting into Champions Online. I am able to log in, select my character, and I stay on the Millennium City loading screen. My loading bar gets to about 95% and stays there. I haven't changed my router or PC at all. Any help would be great.

I'm having a similar issue with the game hanging up after selecting my character. I cannot load into millennium city properly. If you resolved this issue at ALL I'd love to hear how.
  • oxwelchyoxwelchy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hey there!
    I am running on a desktop PC, 8gb ram, quad core 2.7ghz, AMD processor..
    My internet connection is fine with most games but it does not let me connect on this.
    I log in on the launcher, and when I click play it will log me into the game, where the 'create a hero' thing comes up, but as soon as that pops up i get 'Disconnected from login server'
    I have port forwarded the ports, run as administrator and even disabled my firewall rules.

There is one strange thing that I noticed, I can't find the files for the game, the only thing i see is the shortcut on my desktop and in my Games folder, this is weird to me because all games I have played did not do this..

Please help,
    Many thanks!
  • iamsumo72iamsumo72 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I've been having this very same issue for the past several nights. In fact, it's only been happening at night, starting right around 9:00 pm CDT. And on those rare occasions when I can log into the game, I get kicked back to the login screen almost immediately.

I'm pretty sure it's not my connection/system, either, since I have no problems logging into STO and staying connected (I don't have issues with DCUO or LotRO, either). Several quick speed tests show that my ping is around 25ms with a consistent download speed of 5.73 Mbps.

This is getting frustrating to the point where I'm going to cancel my sub. My time is better spent PLAYING online rather than trying to figure out why I can't STAY online.
  • hyperstrikecohhyperstrikecoh Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Was having this issue earlier this week.
    1. Open up a command prompt
    2. Type " ipconfig /flushdns " (without the quote marks)
    3. Hit enter
    4. Try logging into the game again.

Reply back here if this helps.
  • iamsumo72iamsumo72 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Thanks for the advice, but still no use.

I also went in and opened the required ports, placed GameClient.exe in MS Security Essentials' exclusions list, ran the game as an Administrator and I still get dropped from the server.

I'm at my wits end so I'm just going to cut my losses, cancel my sub and head on back to DCUO.

Good luck, guys!
  • merleburgermerleburger Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    After the patch, server not respondings every time I try to enter Canada
  • insynuateinsynuate Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I am having same issue here.
    Did a ping test and it goes through ok bit of slow down once it hits CO, but nothing abnormal.
    I also flushed my dns and checked a tracert to the server.
    Did notice last night that many people were crashing, lots at a time. I crashed as well last night and I never do.
    Today I could log in some of the time but when I did... crashed, logged in, crashed, and it freezes every time. There is nothing more I can do on my end at this point. I verified the client to make sure I did not have a corrupt file but that seems to have been ok as well.
  • drunkendjpandadrunkendjpanda Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This is an absolute joke. Continued problems for the third straight day. Any time I try to go into a mission or zone into an alert or new area I get the "server not responding message" all the time. Thank you Cryptic & PWE for making this game nearly impossible to play, it's very much appreciated.

I've gone to my command prompt and done the /ipconfig /flushdns, I've checked my ports, firewalls, and various other settings all to no avail. So this is me venting since I can't just login and play like I could -3- days ago when everything was fine prior to their patch which apparently screwed this game up for some of us.
  • kintargkintarg Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm also having this issue.

Once I start a) getting stuck in a "SERVER NOT RESPONDING" loop, b) repeatedly being told that I've timed out while trying to load my character list, or c) getting stuck in the launcher, I know I'm probably not going to play today. At least, not for long, and possibly sporadically.

I tried the command prompt suggestion, I don't have any issues with Star Trek Online or World of ******** or SW:TOR or any other MMO I occasionally play (that isn't hardware performance related), and I tried re-starting the modem. This makes me especially sad because I just re-started my subscription and spent a little money on some costumes. :(

ETA: Getting issues in STO now, too.
  • moggiecanadamoggiecanada Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Same issue as well, but interesting point to note:

1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms homeportal [192.168.2.1]
    2 9 ms 9 ms 9 ms bas1-toronto03_lo0_SYMP.net.bell.ca [64.230.200.238]
    3 8 ms 9 ms 9 ms agg1-toronto63_4-1-0_100.net.bell.ca [64.230.57.90]
    4 23 ms 23 ms 25 ms bx6-chicago23_POS0-3-0-0.net.bell.ca [64.230.186.202]
    5 21 ms 21 ms 21 ms te4-1.ccr01.ord09.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.11.29]
    6 19 ms 19 ms 19 ms te3-5.mag01.ord01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.29.189]
    7 18 ms 19 ms 19 ms te0-5-0-3.ccr21.ord01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.45.193]
    8 36 ms 37 ms 37 ms te0-7-0-26.ccr21.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.6.21]
    9 244 ms 218 ms 212 ms te4-4.ccr01.bos06.atlas.cogentco.com [66.28.4.42]
    10 42 ms 52 ms 55 ms 38.111.40.114
    11 42 ms * 44 ms 208.95.185.41

Sounds like an eastern timezone issue reagarding Cogentco. In any case, I said to my mates online I'll be gone for a bit until this is resolved. Let's hope it is not too long.
    edited March 2013
    Same issue as well, but interesting point to note:

1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms homeportal [192.168.2.1]
    2 9 ms 9 ms 9 ms bas1-toronto03_lo0_SYMP.net.bell.ca [64.230.200.238]
    3 8 ms 9 ms 9 ms agg1-toronto63_4-1-0_100.net.bell.ca [64.230.57.90]
    4 23 ms 23 ms 25 ms bx6-chicago23_POS0-3-0-0.net.bell.ca [64.230.186.202]
    5 21 ms 21 ms 21 ms te4-1.ccr01.ord09.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.11.29]
    6 19 ms 19 ms 19 ms te3-5.mag01.ord01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.29.189]
    7 18 ms 19 ms 19 ms te0-5-0-3.ccr21.ord01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.45.193]
    8 36 ms 37 ms 37 ms te0-7-0-26.ccr21.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.6.21]
    9 244 ms 218 ms 212 ms te4-4.ccr01.bos06.atlas.cogentco.com [66.28.4.42]
    10 42 ms 52 ms 55 ms 38.111.40.114
    11 42 ms * 44 ms 208.95.185.41

Sounds like an eastern timezone issue reagarding Cogentco. In any case, I said to my mates online I'll be gone for a bit until this is resolved. Let's hope it is not too long.

yea! Very similar test, but I did not hit 244ms (over 100 though multiple times and those were probably the times I could have connected).

I too am eastern time zone and my UK friends are waiting impatiently!
    Glad I am not alone!

I will stay afk until its fixed too, the frustration is not so fun anymore.
  • jaguar40jaguar40 Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    From the looks of it, this issue been going on for years. Has anyone pinpointed what exactly causes it. Mine started today, except only happens between maps.

Yeah I already tried the usual common sense stuff like restart computer, config, reset teh dns stuff, security stuff firewall, and on demand patching been disabled for a very long time now, force patching, there is no virus here, reloaded the launcher reinstalled, pando turned off turned on turned off again and other crap that never made a slightest difference, and such and etc.

Only issue with any type of connection I have is with this game and yes I do on occassion play other online games, no problem, some requiring a lot stronger connection and cpu stats than this game, no problem. In fact no problem with any of them except this one so I doubt it's connection here on my end. Not to mention it only started today and nothing had changed between today and yesterday on my end.
    edited March 2013
    I sent in a query to Tech Support with this thread mentioned, so hopefully something will be said. If I get a decent response I'll share it with y'all.
  • moggiecanadamoggiecanada Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    kintarg wrote: »
    I sent in a query to Tech Support with this thread mentioned, so hopefully something will be said. If I get a decent response I'll share it with y'all.

Thanks for that. I'll monitor this thread for any updates.
    edited March 2013
    In case thread referenced today...

I was able to get on and do well for about 30 minutes and thought it was fixed, then server not responding again.

I disconnected and did the test at 10:00am Eastern Time.

430ms being top end ping on the 66. co location.
    edited March 2013
    Unfortunately they gave me the same troubleshooting information that's already available, but since sending the e-mail in last night I haven't had the issue, so, I'm not sure if this was just a fluke or what.

I'll post anyway just to see if maybe some of this might help someone (It is LONG)
    -> You can try flushing your DNS to help with connection issues.

1) Press the Windows Key + R

Should bring up Run window.

2) Type in cmd and press Enter

A black command prompt window should appear.

3) Type in ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.

Since the update, your security software may have decided to start blocking the game or patching process. Please carefully go over the info below to help you.

Please make sure that you have Team Viewer disabled.

Check to make sure the following ports are open and allowed through your firewall.
    IPs: 208.95.184.0/22
    TCP Ports: 80, 443, 7000-7500

You may need to check with your internet provider, your network device's Help or Support resources, on how to do so.

You may have to be on a Windows Admin account, or have Run as Admin access to be able to download, install, update, and run the game. If on Windows Vista or 7/8, you may have to change the level of your UAC settings or turn them off temporarily.

You may need to update to the latest version of DirectX and Internet Explorer 8/9/10 with Javascript enabled. --> You should try setting Internet Explorer as your default web browser if on Windows 7 or 8. Also try deleting the cookies and cache on all of your web browsers, especially Internet Explorer, then restart it.

You can uninstall Pando Media Booster or shut it down (PMB.exe in Windows Task Manager) if you start getting unusual lag spikes, system resource problems, bandwidth issues, or other network issues (usually after you install the game, or if Pando has issue with a current install). Info about pando issues: https://support.perfectworld.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4042

You may also need to check or change your network settings. In addition, you should check that your CPU, mainboard, and video drivers are updated if applicable. You may need to update your version of Windows(latest Service Pack, etc). You may need to update or install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable.

You can try adding the game folder/files to your exceptions list in your antivirus and firewall software. Please see the help menu or support website for the software that you use if you aren't sure how to do it.

At your own risk, you may have to disable your antivirus, firewall, and other security software temporarily while you download, install, update, login to, and play the game. Sometimes the security software will block it or throttle it, no matter what you try or even if you try to add exceptions for the game files in your security software.

You may also have to disable, shut down, uninstall, or disable any: torrent, keyboard/mouse, web browser toolbars, video/screen capture, gamepad/input device, multimedia, Instant Messaging, voice over IP, web browser games, other games software applications before downloading, installing, updating, logging into, and playing the game. Basically shut down all non-essential programs.

- You can try using the Task Manager built into Windows to review what processes and services are running on your computer that might be causing problems or using too many resources. Or you can use Process Explorer, which you can download from Microsoft: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653

You may need a program like Winzip or WinRAR to extract the file. Put the executable file (ends in .exe) in a folder location where you can find it easily, like your Desktop or Documents. Then just start it up. Please note that the information that it shows is of a technical nature, and shutting down (or kill process) processes that you don't really know what it does can mess up or crash your system.

This tool is best for seeing what is running, and you can research the processes that you see online in a search engine to see what can or can't be shut down. You can also find out what could be responsible for any software conflicts, or if something is using too many resources on your system.

If you are unsure of what to do with this tool, see Microsoft's support for this tool, and/or have a PC Tech professional help you.
    edited March 2013
    I did all the steps on day one, I am a network administrator so I always assume it is me first. :tongue:

So thank you for whoever changed whatever!
  • sonofdeadmc9377sonofdeadmc9377 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I tried all of these steps nothing is working please help i just want to play today.
    if you can can you refresh my account so it can work please
  • axenomeaxenome Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Wow. Got dumped. Fun stuff, yo. 60 seconds of SNR, followed by cannot contact account server on attempted relog.

Anybody tell me how to resolve "proxy disabled" errors?
    Edit: Went away on its own. What's going on with this?