What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20150712.3/.4 – Event Revisions & Level-up Pack

Comments

• Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    soulforger wrote: »
    The point is that for people with lots of toons, that doesn't play often, it will take a fairly long time to get any to 40. I want you to do some math, 20 hours times 96. Do it. Go on, I'm waiting.
    If you play rarely, either don't make lots of toons, or don't get them to level 40. Why do you think it should be practical for a 'casual' player to create 96 level 40s?
  • Options
    ladygadflyladygadfly Posts: 279 Cryptic Developer
    Great to see so much feedback! I'll talk to Arkayne about Vehiclemods week, we may need to buff the event even more. Discouraging people from playing is definitely not the intent there.

I'll also bring up the feedback about the level-up pack and powers changes.
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    ladygadfly wrote: »
    Great to see so much feedback! I'll talk to Arkayne about Vehiclemods week, we may need to buff the event even more. Discouraging people from playing is definitely not the intent there.

I know I woule love vehicle week if weapons dropped and higher rank mods. I agree a lower drop rate should be applied to those better drops (I use better loosely)
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Posts: 4,739 Arc User

Great!

You know, you guys could even go a step further than weapons dropping, and have a super, super, super rare chance of a vehicle dropping. Maybe like the UNTIL shuttle.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    I think the threshold rank for vehicle mods is R4. Anything less is absolutely considered spam.

Even R4 aren't good, but some folks actually fuse them up to R5 and eventually R6.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    voyagersixvoyagersix Posts: 232 Arc User

I am fine with insta-level-up packs. I'd rather see one that goes right to 40.

I think any level 40 group content should drop nothing lower than Rank 5 mods. Doing Sky Command and getting rank 1 mods is the most disappointing reward.
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,748 Arc User

Good to hear! Ya guys may also want to look into crafting node loot, since it shares the same problem of being mostly ('useless') low-rank mods. Perhaps to encourage players to level up crafting and go out to explore ur maps, ya could see to making nodes more worthwhile on the higher-end.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    It doesn't necessarily have to even be buffed, it just needs to have the amount of trash reduced. You could improve the mod experience by a lot with something like:
    Rank 1 mods: if level 11+, 80% chance it disappears, 20% chance it converts to a rank 2 mod.
    Rank 2 mods: if level 21+, 80% chance it disappears, 20% chance it converts to a rank 3 mod.
    Rank 3 mods: if level 31+, 80% chance it disappears, 20% chance it converts to a rank 4 mod.

That's no actual increase in the value of dropped items, but it means high levels would never encounter anything smaller than a rank 4 mod, which is about the level of mod that level 40s will even consider fusing.

And yes, the mod pack from Sky Command (5 x rank 1 Vehicle mods) is absurd.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    Release Notes for FC.31.20150712.3:
    This build is available on PTS now, 8/7/2015.

Event Revisions
    - Changed the 7 Custom Alerts to use a 7-week rotation (1 week/alert).
    o Added a meta-mission called Alerts: Vigilance that can be completed by completing each of the 7 custom alerts. This grants 30,000 refined questionite.

[/B][/COLOR]
    No Bazodee, that was not being snarky, the first post states exactly what it is. There is no mention of new alerts.

Ladygadfly, could you please clarify the post about the alerts by listing the Custom alerts, as some people seem to think this means new alerts.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    bazodeebazodee Posts: 151 Arc User
    chaelk wrote: »
    Release Notes for FC.31.20150712.3:

Event Revisions
    o Added a meta-mission called Alerts: Vigilance that can be completed by completing each of the 7 custom alerts. This grants 30,000 refined questionite.

[/B][/COLOR]
    No Bazodee, that was not being snarky, the first post states exactly what it is. There is no mention of new alerts.

Ladygadfly, could you please clarify the post about the alerts by listing the Custom alerts, as some people seem to think this means new alerts.

No chaelk - there is no misunderstanding about custom alerts :) Customs alerts are already on a weekly rotation (Fri-Thu). Rampages are on the 3 day rotation.

I'm talking about the hourly events turning into weekly "special" events.

PTS
    11_08_2015_00_45_48.png

Production
    11_08_2015_00_51_26.png

I don't like Sigs, but I'll leave this here anyway. At least I'm not to trying to hypnotise you with moving things!
  • Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    If you play rarely, either don't make lots of toons, or don't get them to level 40. Why do you think it should be practical for a 'casual' player to create 96 level 40s?

From what you are saying, only those that devoted untold countless hours into the game should benefit from leveling and creating alts. And that is just wrong. Even casuals deserve the ability to create alts and level them to 40, not just hardcore gamers.
  • Options
    soulforger wrote: »
    From what you are saying, only those that devoted untold countless hours into the game should benefit from leveling and creating alts.
    The 'benefit' from leveling and creating alts is that it gives you something to do once you've finished all the content the game has (alts are basically CO endgame content); there's no significant benefit to more than 3-4 characters. Making that process faster is, if anything, counterproductive.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,595 Arc User
    I'm going to be completely honest. I actually wanted a way to automatically get a character to level cap, at least every once in a while. 500 Zen seemed to be a fair price for auto 40. But for only level 30 I don't really want it. Not unless the gear it grants is heroic gear or something.

I've accepted that this is going into the game no matter what. I only wish there was more content being added at the 30-40 range to have it make sense.
  • Options
    Event Revisions
    - Removed Hourly Events & replaced them with special week-long events.
    o Vehicle Mods Week – significantly reduced the drop rate of rank 1 vehicle mods and added the possibility for rank 2 / rank 3 vehicle mods to drop.
    Bazodee;
    want to bet it's new alerts? I'll get you 2 $25 PWE cards if they are.
    If they aren't, one of yours can do a few laps around Ren center in Major Skanks armour. After I make sure monsteroushero isn't on.NO that one is not on my costume list in the forums.
    yes they are indeed weekly already, you are correct and they are exactly the same on PTS.
    and you'll notice your pictures
    notice the PTS one doesn't have the hourly ones, instead it has the new special event picture. Guess what goes there?(ok that was snarky.)

• Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    Some of the custom alerts could use some tlc if you want players to run them for an entire week. Red Snake's VO is terrible. G.r.a.b has too many knockbacks and stuns (some of which ignore block), Harman Labs also has too many knockbacks and dying locks players out of the final fight.
  • Options
    soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    The 'benefit' from leveling and creating alts is that it gives you something to do once you've finished all the content the game has (alts are basically CO endgame content); there's no significant benefit to more than 3-4 characters. Making that process faster is, if anything, counterproductive.

Thing is I have finished all the content in the game, and alerts are boring. There should be a faster alternative for leveling. So making things faster, is not counterproductive. Now, the only problems with the level up item as far as I see, is that it goes to 30, which reduces the time roughly by half. That is a problem, for its an odd level to be placed at. And the gear is not that great.
  • Options
    chaelk wrote: »
    Event Revisions
    o Vehicle Mods Week – significantly reduced the drop rate of rank 1 vehicle mods and added the possibility for rank 2 / rank 3 vehicle mods to drop.
    Bazodee;
    want to bet it's new alerts? I'll get you 2 $25 PWE cards if they are.
    If they aren't, one of yours can do a few laps around Ren center in Major Skanks armour. After I make sure monsteroushero isn't on.NO that one is not on my costume list in the forums.
    yes they are indeed weekly already, you are correct and they are exactly the same on PTS.
    and you'll notice your pictures
    notice the PTS one doesn't have the hourly ones, instead it has the new special event picture. Guess what goes there?(ok that was snarky.)

I'm hardly expecting new alerts, unless Cryptic has suddenly found the resources to put into coding new content - so no bets being placed on that one.
    I am holding them to a comment on some other thread that something was in the works, being considered.

So what goes there in that empty space?

I'll tell what went through my mind when I saw hourly boosts now special events; I expect to see content already in the game such as "Cybemind gives 20% Resource Boost this week" or "Steel Crusade gives bonus Q this week" or what ever existing mission arc/alert/event type thing Cryptic labels special that week. That will be a pity cause my options for farming are now tied to a specific event, which may not bring the best gains even with the week long duration.

Now for the Alerts: Vigilance, I'm also thinking recycled content. Maybe some of the seasonal events? The sky race? It would be great though to log on PTS and indeed see some brand spanking new alerts for this one.

But Cryptic being Cryptic stays cryptic and I guess I'll just have to keep checking PTS to see what eventually goes there.

I don't like Sigs, but I'll leave this here anyway. At least I'm not to trying to hypnotise you with moving things!
  • Options
    stergasterga Posts: 2,353 Arc User
    MMOs are core games so you are all core gamers. Grats! You're all in the same boat. Now zip up and put the rulers away.

Was it suggested that this item be sellable on the AH? Don't know if it'd work out or not, but it seems that people like making pretend money.
    YouTube - Steam - Twitter
    [at]riviania Member since Aug 2009
  • Options
    .normal-49.gifit's only a micrometer, not a ruler
    now that would be useful. If the item is tradeable,. Mind you, so would the 30 up that goes with it. Keep whichever bit you want and sell.give away the other.
    before we have "oh no , it's mods week" I really hope we get the extra bag tab added, like STO and NW have, where your crafting bits go. Since we only have mods for crafting, we only need 2 sections on that tab, normal mods and vehicles mods.

• Options
    sammiefightersammiefighter Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited August 2015

I see the reasoning idea of week long custom alerts (good chance for everyone to join, Q spread over 2 month)

But the hourly events as weekly, a week seems a bit too much. A 5,6 or 8 day rotation personally seems better. Less waiting, more variation, and it still rotates so the weekend players get a turn at everything. Unless you want to fill us in on the "special" part?
  • Options
    xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I am still confused about:
    "- Changed the 7 Custom Alerts to use a 7-week rotation (1 week/alert)."

The custom alerts already are a week long (Thursday to Thursday) and take 7 weeks to cycle through (which is honestly too long).

Custom alerts should only last around 5 days or less because honestly, the weaker custom alerts need to get out of there before everyone loses their mind - I mean, Green Dragon amirite!?
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,094 Cryptic Developer
    Not a fan of the week long events. Vehicle Mod week would be cringe worthy, even if it dropped high ranking mods. It's not fun to have all that stuff clogging up your inventory when there isn't a filter for item pickup.

There are other mediocre events though. PvP renown hour isn't too handy even to PvPers since there's next to nothing to buy at the pvp vendor.

I could see making the events a day long, but a week is excessive.

• Options
    nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    Yeah, red winter/red snake - green dragon/grab are mostly useless alerts; they don't drop anything, and no one ever does them. Maybe put them on a perm slot for those that want to do them. And put the good ones on a rotation.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • Options
    PvP- no rewards and a broken queue , which double counts. people. see thread by chalupaoffury(?) on what it's doing.

I do those alerts.
    it's not that people don't do them, they don't farm them for the costume, Q boxes or mod drops that the others have.

• Options
    The problem with many of the custom alerts, imo, is some of them have annoying/frustrating mechanics with a fairly low reward at the end. G.r.a.b has way too many mobs with knockbacks for instance. Red Snake's VO is terrible, otherwise the fight is boring.
  • Options
    joltrabbitjoltrabbit Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Suggestion: Rampages gets the Meta Mission. Do all 4 and get 10,000 Q. Resets every 10 days. Or give a Daily Mission for Rampages of 1,000 Q or 2 SCR.

Has there been any consideration for PQ'ing an anytime you want it Rampage (as in any of the 4 you want at any time)? You could always make it an once daily mission to be a choose-your-own-Rampage with that above 1kQ/2SCR option as well. This would make the rotation system still viable.

All 7 Custom Alerts should play within the span of one month (or close to it). Four or 5 days each might help a little. The 30k Q reward seems awesome but it takes dedication and almost 2 months to do. I'm back at public school teaching and I know i'll forget to log in for a week and that's a long wait to get it back.

Existing Custom Alert rewards should be tweaked (Mod 1 5-pack needs to be replaced with a random mod 3 or 4 at least). Also, Scale the in-mission resource reward better for the Custom Alerts.

Considering giving 40s a resource reward for Grabs. It would encourage more 40s helping out. No one wants to suffer along with a team of a 27 Behemoth, 18 Blade and 2 10s on a repeated basis.

Off topic for rewards but: For all that is holy, skippable cutscenes if everyone on the team has seen it before. I don't need to see the Mayor thank me on Bursts when the darn thing rotates out as fast as it does. Don't get me started on Lemurian Invasion cutscenes when I just hit my Active Defense in a new mob (that freely moves while my Masterful Dodge timer ticks away).

@Rejolt when you see me in game. Forum member since late 2008, beta tester and LTS.

Still trying to make a Might/Electric toon that gets something out of Shockwave (darn you Stormbringer for not boosting Sonic damage!).
  • Options
    I must say, making the PVP/Acclaim reward last a week is almost as bad as Vehicle mod week.

1. Very few players do PvP through Hero Games.

2. The Hero Games queue is broken.

3. There is nothing to get with Acclaim in the Hero Games store.

So an Acclaim week will essentially be a nothing week.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • Options
    3. There is nothing to get with Acclaim in the Hero Games store.

Isn't there still costume unlocks in there for Acclaim?

Not that I'm defending Acclaim week. I think it should be UNITY week where you get more Champions Recognition or Nemesis week where you get more Nemesis Tokens and a shorter cooldown on Nemesis missions.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,066 Arc User
  • Options
    Updated this thread with the latest patchnotes:

Release Notes for FC.31.20150712.4:
    - Changed the Level up Pack to usable by only level 6+ players.
    - Changed heirloom items in the pack to be account-bound instead of character-bound.
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    joltrabbit wrote: »
    Suggestion: Rampages gets the Meta Mission. Do all 4 and get 10,000 Q. Resets every 10 days. Or give a Daily Mission for Rampages of 1,000 Q or 2 SCR.

Has there been any consideration for PQ'ing an anytime you want it Rampage (as in any of the 4 you want at any time)? You could always make it an once daily mission to be a choose-your-own-Rampage with that above 1kQ/2SCR option as well. This would make the rotation system still viable.

All 7 Custom Alerts should play within the span of one month (or close to it). Four or 5 days each might help a little. The 30k Q reward seems awesome but it takes dedication and almost 2 months to do. I'm back at public school teaching and I know i'll forget to log in for a week and that's a long wait to get it back.

Existing Custom Alert rewards should be tweaked (Mod 1 5-pack needs to be replaced with a random mod 3 or 4 at least). Also, Scale the in-mission resource reward better for the Custom Alerts.

Considering giving 40s a resource reward for Grabs. It would encourage more 40s helping out. No one wants to suffer along with a team of a 27 Behemoth, 18 Blade and 2 10s on a repeated basis.

Off topic for rewards but: For all that is holy, skippable cutscenes if everyone on the team has seen it before. I don't need to see the Mayor thank me on Bursts when the darn thing rotates out as fast as it does. Don't get me started on Lemurian Invasion cutscenes when I just hit my Active Defense in a new mob (that freely moves while my Masterful Dodge timer ticks away).

If they decide to do a meta mission for Rampage, the reward should really be the currency that drops for that given mission. At least that way Cryptic could help those of us out who are consistently screwed by drop rates on Rampages.

Skippable cutscenes are unlikely to oçcur where they currently are not. It's a function of the game engine. Basically, when you%re watching a cutscenes, the game is moving the NPCs and mobs around. Taking then out would apparently be a lot of work. That said, I would definitely advocate not using them where possible in the future.
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Double post
    Post edited by thelastsonofzod on
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I will say this about custom alerts - please look at the rewards they give.

Red Winter - Actually a fun a alert. It definitely has the "comic book feel" with the multiple enemies and the countdown. However, the reward is anemic. Surely we do something about beefing up the rewards for running this one.

Warlord
    - One of the more rewarding custom alerts. I usually get valuable temp weapons from the mobs that I can resell for 1G each sometimes. I've even received boxes of questionite as a random mob drop. Warlord also has the chance to drop some very desirable costume pieces and nice core MOD. Leave it alone its perfect.

Forum Malvanum - The random reward drops for this can be valuable, if you're lucky and make it to the end. Otherwise another case of anemic rewards for a very challenging piece of content.

Grab - Content wise another fun custom alert. It has the feel of a comic-book style adventure - which I like. But again very anemic rewards. You might get a worthless costume drop here - most people just run it in order to get resource boost to use later.

Red Snake - This should be a lot more fun than it is. The mobs here are boring and don't feel very epic. I think they need to be beefed up some and have more interesting attacks. Green Dragon isn't a villain worthy of an entire super-team needed to take him down. Also the end reward is just not worth it.

Hi-Pan (Fury of the Dragon): One of the most beautiful alerts in the game. Also a decent chance at some nice rewards and drops. I have nothing really bad to say about it.

My overall suggestion is that both Warlord & Hi-Pan alerts should be the gold standard for rewards when it comes to custom alerts. The regular mobs are tough - but not overly so. They also drop valuable objects that players really like. Of all the alerts Red Winter feels the most "stingy' when it comes to rewards. Surely there's some way to beef that alert up reward wise.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    edited August 2015

- Changed heirloom items in the pack to be account-bound instead of character-bound.

If the point is to prevent griefing the tutorial with a level 30 player, then it's not gonna work. You can hit level 6 in the tutorial. Perhaps making the item not useable in the tutorial is the way to go. There'd still be a workaround; you could go to your hideout and use the item then teleport back to the tutorial. So you could probably also make it teleport you to Renaissance Center as if you'd hit the "Skip Tutorial" button whenever you use the item. That would prevent someone from teleporting back.

Great change on the heirloom items.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    Red Winter

Increase drop rate on Red Winter Helmet.
    Increase drop rate (from it's apparent zero currently) of Red Dawn (and any other Red Winter AFs there may be)

Would be my nobrainer ideas to at least give it some interest beyond the annual farming during Patriot weekend.

​​
  • Options
    I'd say maybe even adding the travel powers as a super rare drop during the week, maybe?
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User

I still say that the Level Up Pack should require that the player already have an appropriately leveled character before the item can be used to boost any of their characters' levels. I know I suggested Lv30, but I think I can accept this item being available for use once the player has attained a character that is Lv20+.
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• Options
    The heirloom gear from the level 30 boost could still use some kind of secondary effect like increasing xp gain like the nemesis gear (as an example).
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,066 Arc User
    edited August 2015

Would I be correct in assuming Telepathic Reverb will be going LIVE tomorrow? I really hope the things I've posted about are addressed, otherwise it does put TP Reverb users at a disadvantage.

I'd suggest perhaps scrapping the FX if they cannot survive heavy FX environments like Rampages. Or making the (I assume it is this) invisible creature for TP Reverb spawn near player and follow player?
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Earlier today the PTS had the resource icon in the special event space.

And since it is a week per boost/event, does that mean I have to wait through all the other weekly boost before I get back to resource boost week again or is it random?

How many of those hourly boosts we have (had) anyway?
    • Resources - game money.. woohoo!
    • XP - great for leveling with the extra lockbox boost
    • Q - yes, I've had some great q farming with adventure packs
    • Vehicle Mod - don't touch anything under 4 - reward from missions under 4 goes straight to Collections Officer.
    • Mods - anything under four I leave behind
    • Crafting - crafting takes too long, when I'm in game I want to play not spend my time fusing and losing mods (even though I can do without a week of crafting maybe the extra time in days, will get me to craft more)
    • Acclaim - Is that pure PvP or Hero games? Hero games I hardly ever do anymore, and while I'd like to unlock the costume pieces and perks I can't even survive long enough to get anything.

That's 7 boosts to cycle through. Hmm.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Does the Crafting Event actually do anything at all?

I have tried but never noticed any effect. If there really is a bonus when using a crafting bench, please add the bonus to the UI.

We have three events that either people avoid (Vehicle mods) or get no benefit from (Crafting, Acclaim). This update could be a chance to fix that.

1. Fix the Hero Games Queue.
    2. Provide something worth getting with Acclaim.
    3. Actually provide a real crafting bonus, and let the UI show that a bonus exists.
    4. Only drop mods of R4 and above with these events. Everything else is less valuable than vendor trash.

• Options
    A few important points of clarification about the week-long events:

- There will not be a week-long event every week. The schedule will look more like what other Cryptic games do (1 or 2 a month).
    - While some of the events are great as is, others (vehicle mods, crafting, etc.) will be improved to make them more worthy of being full week-long events.
    - The crafting event does increase crafting, but we're going to increase the crafting bonus and make it more visible.
    - The Bonus Acclaim event will be retired for now.

Please continue to give us feedback on these events, we want to make sure all of them feel appropriately awesome to encourage players to login and play. We like hearing new ideas for new week-long events too!
  • Options
    purin1purin1 Posts: 433 Arc User
    - While some of the events are great as is, others (vehicle mods, crafting, etc.) will be improved to make them more worthy of being full week-long events.

While disabling the Bonus Acclaim event isn't necessarily a negative thing since Acclaim isn't very useful as of right now, this still has me wondering: Will the Bonus Acclaim event ever come back if something is done about PvP queues and lack of rewards? And more importantly, are the lack of rewards and bugged PvP queues in the scope of the developers at all?
    I strive to be the strongest swordsman alive.
  • Options
    purin1purin1 Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Redacted due to double posting.
    I strive to be the strongest swordsman alive.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Holy holy crud, Blat Man!!

I need to start gathering Acclaim. That's one useless currency i'm missing.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    voyagersixvoyagersix Posts: 232 Arc User
    draogn wrote: »
    The heirloom gear from the level 30 boost could still use some kind of secondary effect like increasing xp gain like the nemesis gear (as an example).

I like this idea so long as it doesn't make the Veteran heirlooms obsolete.
  • Options
    - There will not be a week-long event every week. The schedule will look more like what other Cryptic games do (1 or 2 a month).

Any reason why this is? My first thought is that it's gonna make the non-event weeks a little dull, but that's just first impression reaction or something.

As far as new events, I'd like to see the Forum Malvanum race be reinstated. Heck, maybe it would be something cool to add to the Vehicle Mod week (and call it Race Week or something to step away from the bad taste "vehicle mod hour" has left people with. Make it a way to earn mods, make it a way to earn a new(ish) vehicle (some reskin job like the UNTIL shuttle to a bike, hawkwing, chariot, etc.; a bunch of "baseline" vehicles that wouldn't rival anything sold in the store, lockboxes, or Drifter store). I'm picturing a token system where it would take the better part of a week to earn enough tokens to buy a vehicle. And possibly a Weapon/Mod shop too.

The Forum Malvanum race was something neat and unique that was added to the game, and it was a shame that they only put it in for a short while. It was also a shame that they didn't put much as far as rewards go behind it. It was the usual "Get these four or five things and you're done, no reason to come back" kind of things, much like most of the other token systems in the game. Our token shops need long-term stuff to save up for, short-term stuff like costumes to work towards, and then repeatable purchases that are good enough to keep coming back for. Consumables and the like. Maybe have a Vehicle Boost consumable that boosts all your vehicles stats. Attack, Defense, and Speed. Cheap, fun silly things like making your vehicle project the party bomb disco ball lights. Vehicle shield and healing consumables.
    biffsig.jpg
  • Options

- The crafting event does increase crafting, but we're going to increase the crafting bonus and make it more visible.

Wow!

That is great news, and thanks for replying in the thread.

• Options
    xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited August 2015

Any reason why this is? My first thought is that it's gonna make the non-event weeks a little dull, but that's just first impression reaction or something.

Probably so that the events seem more special when they do roll around. One week there might not be anything, the next you'l see a Questionite week and think, "Oh man! This is awesome! Gotta log on this week!"
    As far as new events, I'd like to see the Forum Malvanum race be reinstated. Heck, maybe it would be something cool to add to the Vehicle Mod week (and call it Race Week or something to step away from the bad taste "vehicle mod hour" has left people with. Make it a way to earn mods, make it a way to earn a new(ish) vehicle (some reskin job like the UNTIL shuttle to a bike, hawkwing, chariot, etc.; a bunch of "baseline" vehicles that wouldn't rival anything sold in the store, lockboxes, or Drifter store). I'm picturing a token system where it would take the better part of a week to earn enough tokens to buy a vehicle. And possibly a Weapon/Mod shop too.

The Forum Malvanum race was something neat and unique that was added to the game, and it was a shame that they only put it in for a short while. It was also a shame that they didn't put much as far as rewards go behind it. It was the usual "Get these four or five things and you're done, no reason to come back" kind of things, much like most of the other token systems in the game. Our token shops need long-term stuff to save up for, short-term stuff like costumes to work towards, and then repeatable purchases that are good enough to keep coming back for. Consumables and the like. Maybe have a Vehicle Boost consumable that boosts all your vehicles stats. Attack, Defense, and Speed. Cheap, fun silly things like making your vehicle project the party bomb disco ball lights. Vehicle shield and healing consumables.

Yeeeesssssssssssss~!!!

Having the vehicle races available once in a while would be nice, along with other events thrown in now and again (Nighthawk for example).

Just off the top of my head for week long events:
    • Reduction in Tailor prices week
    • Costume drop rate increase (Valerian, Cybermind, regular enemies, all have an increased chance to drop their costume pieces)
    • Rampage Tokens Drop rate increase week!
    • 50% off power removals in the powerhouse?
This discussion has been closed.