test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20150712.3/.4 – Event Revisions & Level-up Pack

ladygadflyladygadfly Posts: 279 Cryptic Developer
edited August 2015 in PTS - The Archive
Release Notes for FC.31.20150712.4:
This build is available on PTS now, 8/7/2015.
- Changed the Level up Pack to usable by only level 6+ players.
- Changed heirloom items in the pack to be account-bound instead of character-bound.

Release Notes for FC.31.20150712.3:

New C-Store Level 30 Power-Up Pack added to the PTS Store
- This item raises the player's current level to level 30 and grants the player a set of Heirloom gear.

Event Revisions
- Changed the 7 Custom Alerts to use a 7-week rotation (1 week/alert).
o Added a meta-mission called Alerts: Vigilance that can be completed by completing each of the 7 custom alerts. This grants 30,000 refined questionite.
- Removed Hourly Events & replaced them with special week-long events.
o Vehicle Mods Week – significantly reduced the drop rate of rank 1 vehicle mods and added the possibility for rank 2 / rank 3 vehicle mods to drop.

Bug Fixes
- Minimines: Now deals half of its damage as fire and half of its damage as crushing.
- Martial Arts: Fury of the Dragon: The periodic energy cost of this power has been reduced by 75%. You are Immune to controlling effects while channeling this.
- Telepathic Reverberation:
o This Enhancement should now correctly activate when you use a telepathic offense against a Confused target.
o Should now apply to Mental Leech, Mental Storm, and Shadow of Doubt.
o Now has an activation range of 100 ft. (increased from 50 ft.).

Please format any bugs you find in the following format:
Bug
Where it happens
What happens

Please stay on topic in this PTS thread. We use bug reports from this thread to decide whether a PTS build is ready to go live, and so we need to make sure we're seeing everything in it. Please do discuss the changes, but if you find yourself writing about something that isn't specific to what's on PTS, then that should probably go here: LIVE Bug Reports

These player & moderator maintained threads are checked weekly by developers:
- Power Bugs
- Alerts Issues
- Costume Bugs
- Other Issues & QOL Concerns
Post edited by ladygadfly on

Comments

• Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,455 Arc User
    Wow, some great stuff here. Got to get on later and actually test it. Going to make a lot of people happy with the fixes to Telepathic Reverberation!

Did minimines get an actual boost to damage? Can't tell from the way it is phrased.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    purin1purin1 Posts: 433 Arc User
    ladygadfly wrote: »
    - This item grants the player a set of Heirloom gear and raises their current level to level 30.

I'm not sure what I think about this, but it sounds like an interesting move if reasonably priced. I like seeing all of the bug fixes and event revisions however. My continued thanks to the devs for what the work that's been done.​​
    I strive to be the strongest swordsman alive.
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    I don't understand how "Changed the 7 Custom Alerts to use a 7-week rotation." is different from what we already have.
  • Options
    theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,081 Arc User
    This build is available on PTS now, 8/7/2015.

- This item grants the player a set of Heirloom gear and raises their current level to level 30.

Wow...That's new. O_O
    Event Revisions
    - Changed the 7 Custom Alerts to use a 7-week rotation.
    o Added a meta-mission called Alerts: Vigilance that can be completed by completing each of the 7 custom alerts. This grants 30,000 refined questionite.
    o Vehicle Mods Week – significantly reduced the drop rate of rank 1 vehicle mods and added the possibility for rank 2 / rank 3 vehicle mods to drop.

Interesting...looks like we'll have to put together alert teams on PTS. Hopefully I'll be around to test these.
    Bug Fixes
    - Minimines: Now deals half of its damage as fire and half of its damage as crushing.
    - Martial Arts: Fury of the Dragon: The periodic energy cost of this power has been reduced by 75%. You are Immune to controlling effects while channeling this.

Telepathic Reverberation:
    o This Enhancement should now correctly activate when you use a telepathic offense against a Confused target.

When I saw this. My reaction:

Level-9-Youre-Literally-Dead-You-Literally-Cant-Even.gif

THANK YOU! I WILL TEST THIS!

• Options
    nevan0vanennevan0vanen Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Event Revisions
    - Changed the 7 Custom Alerts to use a 7-week rotation.
    Re-edited out of Dev Clarification:
    All that I got to say is these two will be interesting. nopeididntchangedtheentirecommentnope
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User

So....once you remove gear you go back to your actual level? Must test...
  • Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    THE CUSTOM ALERTS THOUGH. That thing, I need specific answers:
    Are they seriously gonna be, a singular Custom alert, for 7 WHOLE WEEKS? Can I just ask, what is the intention of that? What reason you want them to stay that long? A week is big enough as it is, 7 weeks is just TOO much. WAAAAAY too much.

If that is what it means, please change it back right now.
  • Options
    Edited these lines for clarity:

"This item raises the player's current level to level 30 and grants the player a set of Heirloom gear."
    "Changed the 7 Custom Alerts to use a 7-week rotation (1 week/alert)."
  • Options
    Edited these lines for clarity:

"This item raises the player's current level to level 30 and grants the player a set of Heirloom gear."
    "Changed the 7 Custom Alerts to use a 7-week rotation (1 week/alert)."

okayphew. Thanks a lot. ;w; I will still hold about the curiosity on the Custom Alerts though. Since, well. Aren't they a week long already each? Or is it like changing the days? I WOULD LOVE TO CHECK BUT DARN IT STILL A SILVER.
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    aiqa wrote: »
    THE CUSTOM ALERTS THOUGH. That thing, I need specific answers:
    Are they seriously gonna be, a singular Custom alert, for 7 WHOLE WEEKS? Can I just ask, what is the intention of that? What reason you want them to stay that long? A week is big enough as it is, 7 weeks is just TOO much. WAAAAAY too much.

If that is what it means, please change it back right now.

I took it to mean a different alert weekly on a 7 week cycle. But some clarification would be nice.
    All of this looks great though. It looks like Cryptic is really serious about improving the game. Keep it coming guys - be the MMO turn around story of the year!!!!

Note: The only possible downside to this is if we end up with an all Ao'Qephoth alert week. She's not impossible to beat - if you know what you're doing. But with random alert teams it can be touch and go. But if that happens the complain level will be epic.

NVM most of my post. It appears I need a reading comprehension class. I see it's just the custom alerts not all alerts.. ooops.
    ​​
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    datadaem0ndatadaem0n Posts: 15 Arc User
    I kind of want to know the purpose in this 'instant level 30' thing....if it was simply a cash grab it would be to 40.
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    - This item raises the player's current level to level 30 and grants the player a set of Heirloom gear

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, NO!

Don't even think about it. It takes practically no time to hit level 40 in this game already. It is not justified. We've not had a level cap increase that we were suppose to get. We've not gotten any new zones since Vibora Bay. We've not had any new power SETS in a long time that we were going to. We've not had any new DUNGEONs in a since Vibora Bay.

To put it another way, there is absolutely no reason to level in this game, at all. All reasons to do so were shot in both feet when content was constantly made to scale with the level of the player as they did said content. There is no elder game content, no big bad that requires a bunch of heroes to take down. The rampages, were an attempt, but even those fall flat on their intentions.

Something like this is worthless when there is absolutely no reason to buy it. If we had a bunch of end game dungeons, a few raids, and elder game content zones or other such areas that were for those of high level, sure go for it. But guess what. You don't have this.

Cryptic has sat back on it's laurels and constantly said it's all about the journey and not the destination and now you introduce an item that's about the destination, a destination this game DOES NOT have. It's a terrible idea, and all it's going to do is bore people faster once they've hit the end and realized there is nothing there for them to do once they've done a few alerts.

You need something first before you put in an item that let's people skip roughly 70% of your game already. And since we don't have any of that stuff, it's just going to cause burnout and boredom that much faster.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Bug maybe:Heirloom gear on PTS, doesn't show Primary and 2 secondaries stats until you get them. shouldn't be a problem on live since you'll be getting them ... hmm maybe if someone buys them on a level 1.
    Make sure these are blocked from use in the Tutorial. I can see people going in there, and buying it then running it as a level 30.
    new%20gear_zpshtjtyude.png

​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    edited August 2015
    chaelk wrote: »
    Bug maybe:Heirloom gear on PTS, doesn't show Primary and 2 secondaries stats until you get them. shouldn't be a problem on live since you'll be getting them ... hmm maybe if someone buys them on a level 1.
    Make sure these are blocked from use in the Tutorial. I can see people going in there, and buying it then running it as a level 30.

I'm pretty sure that's exactly how Heirloom and Questionite gear works on live. You don't see the stat perks until you actually earn the stats.

​​
  • Options
    Bug maybe:Make sure these are blocked from use in the Tutorial. I can see people going in there, and buying it then running it as a level 30.​​

I thought about that too. I suspect we'll add a level requirement so people can only use it right after they finish the tutorial.
  • Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,601 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    "New C-Store Level 30 Power-Up Pack added to the PTS Store
    - This item raises the player's current level to level 30 and grants the player a set of Heirloom gear."

Using this item doesn't grant you a level up box that comes with every character. If you use this under level 6 you miss out on the rewards you would normally get every 5 levels.

EDIT:
    Apparently going into the Powerhouse (or changing instances) grants you the Level Up Kit if you are missing one. Wouldn't it be better to be granted automatically?
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    - This item raises the player's current level to level 30 and grants the player a set of Heirloom gear

Don't even think about it. It takes practically no time to hit level 40 in this game already. It is not justified.​​
    You've been a forumite since 2009, but haven't heard the cries from many old hands to give them some way to avoid leveling a new toon yet again? 'Cause I sure have. Personally, I'd have made it either instajump to 40, or to 20 - 30 seems like some odd sort of compromise, making you just high enough to do Monster Island and/or Lemuria, but not high enough to either enjoy the leveling process or just get right to what passes for an "endgame" here.

On the other tentacle, the only reason I'd use this would be to grab the Heirloom gear and pass it to a lower toon - I actually enjoy leveling, at least once we're past freaking Westside (hey, there's a thought - can you make a less-expensive version that will only jump me to 15?).
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Eh, given the quantity of time it takes to get a toon to 30 I can't imagine actually bothering with a level-up pack, but I don't have an inherent objection to it. Maybe only allow it if you've already raised one character to at least level 30, though.

Did minimines actually get buffed, or did it just get its damage type altered?
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Telepathy & Telepathic Reverberation:

Works @ 100ft? Yes.

Works with Confuses? Yes.

Works on targets which can actually be confused (Henchmen to Master Villain).

Works with Mind Break, Mental Leech, Shadow of Doubt & Mental Storm? Sort of.

Mental Leech - Yes.

Mental Leech will properly produce Telepathic Reverberation when used on Henchmen to Master Villain Targets who fill the HELD, CONFUSED, SLEPT or DISORIENTED conditions for TP Reverb.

Shadow of Doubt - Yes.

Shadow of Doubt will properly produce Telepathic Reverberation when used on Henchmen to Master Villain Targets who fill the HELD, CONFUSED, SLEPT or DISORIENTED conditions for TP Reverb.

Mental Storm - Here's the problem.

Mental Storm when applied does not trigger Telepathic Reverberation, technically it counts as a hold and damage power so it should but for the purposes of Telepathic Reverberation I assume it isn't yet working that way. An example of a power which works as BOTH Crowd Control and Damage and works with Telepathic Reverb is Ego Storm.

Mental Storm when coupled with Mental Leech and Shadow of Doubt on Henchmen to Master Villain Rank targets appears to work to produce Telepathic Reverberation.

BUG #1: Mental Storm does NOT initially proc Telepathic Reverberation when it holds targets. This is a bug, as Telepathic Reverberation should generate energy when a target is placed under controlling effects from Telepathy.

How to reproduce: Apply Mental Storm to any rank target. You will not see any initial TP Reverberation returns once applied for the first time. This should not happen.

Solution - Allow Mental Storm to be classed as a hold power for the purposes of Telepathic Reverberation, so it grants energy when you initially apply the paralyze.

--

BUG #2: Telepathic Reverberation is not granting energy consistently versus Super Villain Rank foes in The Powerhouse. I have to physically...well mentally FORCE Super Villain Rank foes to Sleep emote before I receive any energy returns from the power.

How to reproduce: Take Telepathic Reverberation, attempt using a crowd control power on Super Villain, Legendary or Cosmic Foes and watch for energy returns. Since Crowd Control (even with Manipulator) cannot affect Legendary and Cosmic Rank foes, they do not count as held for the purposes of Telepathic Reverberation.

Normally, players don't apply crowd control to super villain rank foes and achieve Sleep effects, like so:

SVSleep_zps3c715dd4.jpg

SleepingEclipse_zpscd0b273f.jpg

Solution: To rectify this needs to happen:

Addition of an additional clause for Telepathic Reverberation:

Telepathic Crowd Control Attempts in the form of Sleep, Confuse & Paralyze need to proc Telepathic Reverberation on ALL target ranks based on attempts to hold them rather than HELD = Yes conditions, since this currently puts telepaths at a disadvantage since we cannot crowd control Legendaries and Cosmics.

Incapacitates already naturally work with Manipulator to further breach Super villain resistance to Crowd control and works with Telepathic Reverb.

Since normal players won't bother trying to achieve Sleep effects/emotes on Super villains...they will not see any energy return when soloing unless they break their own holds in order to fulfil the Disoriented condition for Telepathic Reverb. Not all telepathy builds run with Ego Sleep, so this still counts.

One more thing. Please edit Telepathic Reverberations description; It scales with Presence and is affected by Recovery. Not scale with EGO.

Overall, I am delighted that I am one step closer to using my LIVE build the way I intended on my main. Thank you!
    Post edited by theravenforce on
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    By the way...

What HAVE you guys done to Confuse powers? Whatever it is...make it stay.

14289278.gif

EDIT: Whilst it is still awesome, it's difficult to replicate, ever since I just patched...did I do something unintended?

• Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    jonsills wrote: »

Don't even think about it. It takes practically no time to hit level 40 in this game already. It is not justified.
    You've been a forumite since 2009, but haven't heard the cries from many old hands to give them some way to avoid leveling a new toon yet again? 'Cause I sure have. Personally, I'd have made it either instajump to 40, or to 20 - 30 seems like some odd sort of compromise, making you just high enough to do Monster Island and/or Lemuria, but not high enough to either enjoy the leveling process or just get right to what passes for an "endgame" here.

On the other tentacle, the only reason I'd use this would be to grab the Heirloom gear and pass it to a lower toon - I actually enjoy leveling, at least once we're past freaking Westside (hey, there's a thought - can you make a less-expensive version that will only jump me to 15?).

Heirloom gear exists. It's always remarkable nobody knows this and you didn't need to pay real money for it.

When it's considered that the end game of Champions is making new characters, introducing a you are now X level item is superfluous and just ends up boring people that much faster.

And I know how you have jonsills, because you hear and read everything, apparently, especially since you knew I was a forumite since 2008. But this item doesn't present any change to the issue. It's an item for an elder game thing that doesn't exist in Champions.

The reason games like WoW introduce it is because they want players to play their raids and new dungeons and the new content they just released at their new level cap. We don't have that. We don't have raids, we don't have dungeons, and we don't have any end game content to be doing for gear or items in any quantity.

All the new stuff was set to scale to the level of the player or upscale the player to the level of the content.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Query for Telepathic Reverberation -

screenshot_2015-08-08-02-34-32_zpssuw5cudl.jpg

^ Above you can see there are two targets which have been controlled, yet I am receiving THREE lines of Telepathic Reverberation?

Unless I am drawing mental energy from a yet unidentified being's mind...I assume this is an invisible being which provides Telepathic Reverb at 100ft?
  • Options
    thelastsonofzodthelastsonofzod Posts: 658 Arc User
    ...I'm not getting this new item. The leveling to 30 is the easiest part of the process. I'd really prefer the XP gifting idea that was bandied about last year.

Are you guys planning on introducing some content that requires level 30 to complete? Some clarification on what this item is intended to address?
  • Options
    seeker1235seeker1235 Posts: 64 Arc User
    I agree that the level up pack seems like a bad idea.
  • Options
    ...I'm not getting this new item. The leveling to 30 is the easiest part of the process. I'd really prefer the XP gifting idea that was bandied about last year.

Are you guys planning on introducing some content that requires level 30 to complete? Some clarification on what this item is intended to address?

I have to agree here.

I think the most "difficult" levelling is probably from 38-40 since you are so close. Unless this item is going for something like...10-15k Zen, I think it is a real shame to allow players to skip, essentially...30 levels.

I'm assuming it could be to try and level out issues with Alerts and teams not having members who all pull their weight or something.

I'd love to be able to gift my other characters XP through running through certain missions.

It could even be an item in the C-Store.

[XP Storage] - Once activated, all the XP your character gains from running Adventure Packs, Comic Series, Missions, Alerts, Rampages & Lairs will be stored in this device. Once this device has collected [Insert Value] amount of XP it will shut off and no longer be able to store XP. You will be able to remove this device from your character and GIFT it to another character on your Roster, allowing them to level up for the full amount of this stored XP. Note: Your character must be at least level 35 in order to store XP on this device and characters who wish to benefit from this XP must have the following:

- Desert or Canada Crisis Completed.
    - An Active Nemesis.
    - Level 25.

^ With something like that, I think that would sell.

Alternatively, you could have the device come in Level bands: XP Storage Level 6-15, XP Storage Level 15-24, XP Storage Level 24-33 & XP Storage Level 33-38.

You could also have [Special XP Storage], costs a bit more works the same way but allows you to GIFT XP to OTHER players.

Just a thought.
  • Options

Mini mines damage has just been split between Fire and Crushing instead of additional fire damage added.
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    - This item raises the player's current level to level 30 and grants the player a set of Heirloom gear.

I'm okay with this. Nemesis Heirloom Equipment though... could the system it started out life with be next in line for some updates? normal-3.gif
    Event Revisions
    - Changed the 7 Custom Alerts to use a 7-week rotation (1 week/alert).

Sweet stuff. Can we get Vehicle Mods Week to give a few higher leveled mods based on the character's level? Like say, we're Lv40 and we get Rank 4 and very rarely Rank 5 stuff instead of it capping at Rank 3?
    Bug Fixes
    - Telepathic Reverberation:

Minimines: I feel that it still needs a buff in overall damage, but cool that it does Half Crushing/Half Fire now.
    Fury of the Dragon: Immune to Crowd Control while channeling? That's a very interesting mechanic you're adding to CO, will have to see how or if it works. I feel like this belongs on Mind Link as well, but that's just me. Cool.
    Telepathic Reverb: Alright, "New Telepathy" finally works with it, and at a greater distance? Love it.

Overall, it looks good.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• Options
    edited August 2015

ok the level up box.

1. the heirloom gear is BOUND. Not listed as Bound to acct. So unless that gets changed, it's buy it for each character. That needs to be clarified before you start selling them and people complain they aren't heirloom items, since you can't pass them on. Last thing you need is our forums ghouls and their complaints of bait and switch to get given ammunition.

2. as with championshewolf. These skip level items are usually done in games with a heck of a lot of levels which take a long time to do AND a lot of end game. What was the comment on the NW ones "It's so you can get to the REAL game" without wasting time.
    Our endgame is a few lairs with stuff all rewards, which a lot of people can solo. Not me.
    Rampages to get Gear if you're feeling very lucky.
    The only people here likely to want it, are ones with a new concept to try, which requires high level and they can't be bothered spamming alerts for it or who , as Jonsills pointed out, are just sick to death of doing the same missions over and over.

and that's it.
    Ravenforce,
    good idea with the storage item. One amendment. Item shows clearly when mouseover, what is in it.eg. Level 5-10 filled, 11-16 empty.
    So people can't pass on an empty during a trade.​​

• Options
    sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    I don't get it.

What's the incentive at 30? I get LOTRO's Instant 50 because the XP curve spikes around 45, and you can get stuck grinding skirmishes after running out of XP in Angmar and the Misty Mountains before you can unlock Moria. I get WoW's Instant 90 because, to put it politely, the game stops being interesting when you finish Icecrown Citadel, and was supposed to get interesting again in Old Draenor. (Whether it actually did or not is an exercise left to the player.) LOTRO and WoW have something else in common: Level caps of 100 or more. Can you honestly say that 30 through 40 is the most interesting part of the quick leveling journey in CO, especially when skipping 6 through 29 cuts out massive chunks of three zones?
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • Options
    riverocean wrote: »

I'm pretty sure that's exactly how Heirloom and Questionite gear works on live. You don't see the stat perks until you actually earn the stats.
    no, they show all three as
    + x primary stat,
    + x secondary stat
    + x secondary stat
    as you get the stats, it changes to
    +20 EGO etc.

​​

• Options
    crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,601 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1199620/lets-talk-about-the-level-to-30-item

I made a thread with a poll so we can discuss the problems of the auto level 30 item outside of the pts thread.
  • Options
    draogndraogn Posts: 1,269 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    jonsills wrote: »

The heirloom gear from this boost is bound to the character. So unless that changes it seems kind of a waste. Personally I'd like to see all heirloom gear become bind on account (Including the heirloom items from the Q store).

I imagine this works to 30 to avoid any problems that might occur from the free character slot earned at level 40.
  • Options
    I will propose a curious question: Why not 35 for the Level Boost?
    35 is "just" that level of end game stuff, yet with enough progression that it'll be good enough to tempt people to buy it. of course this is me talking out loud so, just an idea. I could be shot down.

In other curiosities though, mostly about the Heirloom gear. If we cannot transfer this Heirloom gear at all, can I just say... could it be possible to "boost" its stats a bit? Obviously not like to Heroic modded levels, but just a "bit" more to make it a little alluring. And since I see there's no Bonus XP Effect or anything of the sorts... it feels a bit deserved to balance it out. Character locked Heirloom with no Bonus Effect? A little bit stronger stats could do good. '+' ( Since i am not in the PTS and I get second hand info, if I am corrected I will correct this as well. I just wish to give my thoughts on these things. )
  • Options
    circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,934 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Alright, so besides all the butt-hurt people, who are crying their eyes out, the level token thingy, sounds great, I have to admit, level 30 is pretty high, I was expecting 20, but hay give and take.

This item, is great, and is something I always asked for, its almost like a blessing to me, I can understand and respect, that this item will be pricey-ish an have a level block until maybe like level 10, then so be it. If this item is not for you, don't cry about it and yell at it like its the spawn of Satan, grow up, stop overreacting and just play the damm game.

If you don;t like it, don't buy it, if you really hate it?

Just leave the game, simple be.
    Psi.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1199620/lets-talk-about-the-level-to-30-item

I made a thread with a poll so we can discuss the problems of the auto level 30 item outside of the pts thread.

lol!, the point of this poll is?

this just makes me laugh, that people go this far, to make a wee-little poll, to try prove something they don't understand.

Psi.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

Mini mines damage has just been split between Fire and Crushing instead of additional fire damage added.
    So, it remains useless, just useless in a different way. Minimines was the first Giant Cryptic Nerf I remember, losing about 75% of its damage back in 2009 (halved base damage, and removed one of its damage types), and it's never been useful since.​​
  • Options
    nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 770 Arc User
    Please consider adjusting the rank of the mods that drop for the vehicle period. Anything below a rank 3 is mostly just inventory clutter, and is quickly discarded. Four is about the minimum where they even become worth fusing.​​
    [NbK]XStorm
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    cryneting wrote: »
    Alright, so besides all the butt-hurt people, who are crying their eyes out, the level token thingy, sounds great, I have to admit, level 30 is pretty high, I was expecting 20, but hay give and take.

This item, is great, and is something I always asked for, its almost like a blessing to me, I can understand and respect, that this item will be pricey-ish an have a level block until maybe like level 10, then so be it. If this item is not for you, don't cry about it and yell at it like its the spawn of Satan, grow up, stop overreacting and just play the damm game.

Firstly, lets just cut the straw man arguments off here. My issue is not with having items that buff leveling. I use the XP gear and buffs extensively, and as I said in my post I'd be quite amenable to seeing more of them introduced. I simply don't see the value of an insta 30 item, because its far too easy to grind those levels in casual play.

Let me put this in perspective for you, my fastest leveling time has been on my Automaton, Scrapheap. I created him on Friday morning of the week he came out, took my wife to our anniversary retreat for two days, returned home that Sunday morning, and had him at 40 by Noon on Tuesday. I'd estimate conservatively that he took about 20 hours of continuous play, mostly in alerts, and almost entirely running with other Automatons., a class that is somewhat upsetting to deal with in Alerts. Mine tanked a great deal :dizzy:

So when I say I don't see a need for this specific item, its because after leveling 18 or so characters, I honestly don't see a need. What purpose is it supposed to serve on a game when 90% of the content either scales to level 30, or is outleveled by that point?

This feels sort of like fast forwarding to the award scene in Star Wars because you don't feel like watching the actual movie. It's particularly confusing because our endgame content basically consists of "Go Back and Do it Again."

On a separate note, if we're addressing alert rewards, could you guys please, Please take a look at rampage token drops? Adding a single daily with a guaranteed token reward would ease so much frustration from myself and other players. At this point I don't even attempt justice gear because of the drop rates. I know people who have done 2-300 alerts and still not seen their first one.
  • Options
    nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 770 Arc User
    Back when mega-d lvling was a thing; I think my record was 6-40 in 88 minutes? Something like that. I assume that something new that scales you to 30 is coming out here shortly; and this will maybe give new characters/players instant access to it. Or at least where they're actually useful, and can contribute.​​
    [NbK]XStorm
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    At this point it looks like the new team is trying a bunch of "out of the box" things to generate revenue. It's kind of refreshing. I admit I was taken aback by the last round of stuff that was introduced. But this time around I'm just going to sit back and see what happens. They are definitely attempting to revive the game.. and I suspect this isn't the last really radical thing we're going to see them come up with.

As far as the new leveling gear goes. Please don't call it heirloom gear.. as that's the type of gear you can pass down to your other characters. Just take the word "Heirloom" out completely to avoid confusion and backlash from players. Naming it Power-Up Gear should work just fine. ​​
  • Options
    riverocean wrote: »
    At this point it looks like the new team is trying a bunch of "out of the box" things to generate revenue. It's kind of refreshing. I admit I was taken aback by the last round of stuff that was introduced. But this time around I'm just going to sit back and see what happens. They are definitely attempting to revive the game.. and I suspect this isn't the last really radical thing we're going to see them come up with.

As far as the new leveling gear goes. Please don't call it heirloom gear.. as that's the type of gear you can pass down to your other characters. Just take the word "Heirloom" out completely to avoid confusion and backlash from players. Naming it Power-Up Gear should work just fine. ​​

Yeah, Heirloom gear should not be BoE. BoA yes, but not BoE. Here's the WoW definitition for reference:

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Heirloom

Which I know, we're not playing that game here, but if we're going to use their nomenclature, we should at least be consistent in our application.
  • Options

I guess some points in there are worth the vote up, however that don't excuse the crying kiddos in the topic

Psi.
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited August 2015

lol!, the point of this poll is?

this just makes me laugh, that people go this far, to make a wee-little poll, to try prove something they don't understand.

The only person that seems to be acting like a drama queen in this thread atm is you cry. Perhaps you could lay off with the insults and hyperbole in a PTS thread. It's not called for and is totally counterproductive.

You seem to make a habit of this.
    Post edited by themightyzenith on
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    originaltygeroriginaltyger Posts: 55 Arc User
    The level 30 thing doesn't bother me, honestly I'd rather have a way to buy/accumulate double xp buffs, maybe as:
    • An alternate reward for doing custom daily for the first time each day,
    • Have a short, regular, once a month event where each character gains a daily x2 xp buff that can be stored/traded, etc. (like the Anniversary/Christmas presents)
    • Something that can be bought for a reasonable price.

What I'd also like to see is the travel powers spread out a little more. Maybe allow the second travel power at 20-25, allow rank 2 travel powers at 15 and rank 3 at 30. There's no reason we should need to wait for 35 and 40 for these.
  • Options
    quasimojo1quasimojo1 Posts: 642 Arc User
    I think a possible reasoning for the Level-To-30 item might be that build customization is an important experience of the game, and this allows newer players to experience more of it quickly. So it may not be so much about shaving an hour or two off the veteran player's leveling their 25th alt, but perhaps allowing a newer player to more quickly sample some of the more interesting build choices that start to open up at level 30+.

The item might also make sense if they plan to build some new content that is level-gated at 30+.

I'm pretty neutral on the leveling item. The power fixes are slightly encouraging though.
    LTS since 2009. Author of ACT parser module for CO. Founder of Rampagers. Resident curmudgeon.

"Without data, you're just another person with an opinion." -- W. Edwards Deming
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,776 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    The fixes to TP Reverb are quite welcome, even if TP still needs more ironing out as a whole.

Although appreciated, I think you guys are somewhat missing the mark w/ these buffs to FotD. I think it would have been more worthwhile to look at the damage scaling of this Ultimate. Unleashed Rage scales more than 10x better per Enraged! stack than FotD does w/ Focus stacks. I mean, is it really intended for FotD to only gain about 4-5% base dmg per Focus stack? Cause that seems pretty low..

Also:

While ur looking at this power, I think you guys should consider giving it a notable base damage buff- especially since it has been crit-disabled.

Loving these bug fixes, btw. Hope ya can keep the ball rolling!
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    foxykisses22foxykisses22 Posts: 5 Arc User
    so wait the lvl 95 stone is being replaced to 40 lol wtf its easy to to 40 hard to get 95 wtf were they thinkin I want my lvl 95 free stone then the 40 Ijs least it can be bought in the Boutique for 40 gold limited time though along with the flyers :)
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Squeeze me?
    normal-32.gif
    When did they started selling stones?
    I think you're in a wrong game forum....
    ​​
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 724 Community Moderator
    edited August 2015
    Vehicle Mod Week:
    Part of what players disliked about Vehicle Mod Hour was how it cluttered their inventory. If Vehicle Mod Week now drops Rank 1-3 mods (of the 14 different vehicle mods), that seems like a lot more inventory clutter.

If a player has the means to acquire a vehicle (a relatively expensive item), he/she likely intends to slot it with mods of Rank 6 or above (for the third enhancement boost on each mod). I think that limiting Vehicle Mod Week to dropping Rank 3 mods or above would be a reasonable change, as Rank 3 vehicle mods in bulk can be somewhat valuable when fused to higher ranks (125 minimum to fuse a Rank 6). Anything below that would likely be considered an inventory-clogging nuisance.

Fury of the Dragon:
    I'm glad that Fury of the Dragon is getting some attention. But as flowcyto mentioned, the Focus-scaling aspect is currently broken. The Focus stack does not give any additional damage compared to other forms, which is contrary to the description.​​
This discussion has been closed.