What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Maintenance 9:45 AM 8/17/12

Comments

• Options
    somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Trailturtle, word on the street is that SG banks are showing up with NO TABS IN THEM past the original tab. Are the items within gone, or do they need to rebuy the additional tabs?
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    gregbgregb Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    what about the Night Avenger themed Costume set and TP any word on that? :tongue:
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    What?? You don't have th NinjaVanish tp???
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • Options
    trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited August 2012
    somebob wrote: »
    Trailturtle, word on the street is that SG banks are showing up with NO TABS IN THEM past the original tab. Are the items within gone, or do they need to rebuy the additional tabs?

I do not recommend acting. We are aware of this, we are investigating it, and we are very concerned about it. I will have an update shortly, I hope, but please do not re-buy those tabs.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Merged threads for centralization of conversation.
  • Options
    megaskullmonmegaskullmon Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Excuse me turtle anything on the bans yet or nothing?
  • Options
    recespieces31recespieces31 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Maybe I am slow, but any word on patch notes? or are they up already?
  • Options
    lo1processorlo1processor Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    gregb wrote: »
    what about the Night Avenger themed Costume set and TP any word on that? :tongue:

Herehere! Long live Aslan, etc.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Happily processing LOL's for over 300 days and counting . . .
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Excuse me turtle anything on the bans yet or nothing?

Hmm . .HMM . . Hmph. I too wonder about this . . . Both the chat and region bans . . "Working as designed" my batooty . .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited August 2012
    I like how the High Tech Cave Hideout is featured. Heh, Vengeful Orphan . . . 10 points to the guy/gal who thought of that . . and I also like how the Steelhawk set is featured, cuz with tweaking, you can make that into an adam west toon . . .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    who is being banned for what now?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    We are taking the server back down to resolve issues. I will let everyone know details on end time and what is affected shortly. Thanks for your patience, everyone.

EDIT: Additional information -- when the servers come back, both the client and characters will be in a pre-maintenance state.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Emergency shard maintenence . . Incoming: Fixed bank slots, gliding, a new cape set, all tailor bugs fixed, no more region bans, no more screwy chatban system, no glitches, ANYWHERE, etc.?!?!?!!? Yes, PLEASE?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited August 2012
    We are taking the server back down to resolve issues. I will let everyone know details on end time and what is affected shortly.

To the PTS!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    silviumcsilviumc Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    @lo1processor

*slaps*
    STOP DREAMING!

*burst into tears*
  • Options
    thesprawlerthesprawler Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Emergency shard maintenence . . Incoming: Fixed bank slots, gliding, a new cape set, all tailor bugs fixed, no more region bans, no more screwy chatban system, no glitches, ANYWHERE, etc.?!?!?!!? Yes, PLEASE?
    I guess the expectation is Cryptic employs a staff of Jesuses. Chill bro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    So,when are the release notes doing to come up?
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Posts: 980 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    lotar295 wrote: »
    So,when are the release notes doing to come up?

Once they fix the rather catastrophic bug they had (SG banks were completely empty, including money), they'll no doubt work on the release notes.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
  • Options
    lucyinspacewithdiamondslucyinspacewithdiamonds Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    nevermind :)
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    somebob wrote: »
    Once they fix the rather catastrophic bug they had (SG banks were completely empty, including money), they'll no doubt work on the release notes.

Im aware of the SG catastrophe that occurred a few minutes ago,I logged on,saw the new AT,got on my character,thinking the nighthawk alert was up,waited for it,a dev came on,then everyone noticed their bank and SG bank,then a message said Server is going down for emergency maintenance,then I got DC'ed,and came here
  • Options
    rowan79rowan79 Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    AAAH, they shot a blank. Poor guys *knucklerub*:biggrin:

"Do you know what power is? Power is control of men who are lesser than you."
  • Options
    blademaster5121blademaster5121 Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I really hope, Cryptic, you don't screw crap up like this yet again. How many times does the player base tell you they want a GOOD quality patch and not a hastily done PIECE OF CRAP. Oh and Throwing Blades is still VERY OVERPOWERED. Richochet Throw is also very strong, please check your numbers. Also we would REALLY like it if you made more powers interact with Sneak.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    gradii wrote: »
    BAD time to suddenly disconnect me. at least give a warning to the players before you do that.
    my team had qwijibo down to 2% health when we all dc'd due to unforewarned maintanance. :mad::mad::mad:

They did give a warning,it was a message across the screen that said "The shard is coming down for emergency maintenance"
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    silviumc wrote: »
    @lo1processor

*slaps*
    STOP DREAMING!

*burst into tears*

I'll tell you a riddle. You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you don't know for sure. But it doesn't matter. How can it not matter to you where the train will take you?

A dream within a dream within a dream . . . A patch within a patch . . PATCHCEPTION. Coming later today to a server near you . . .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    BAD time to suddenly disconnect me. at least give a warning to the players before you do that.
    my team had qwijibo down to 2% health when we all dc'd due to unforewarned maintanance. :mad::mad::mad:

well i got a message warning of emergency shard maintenance - probably around the time it was posted here in the forum - so maybe 10mins ago now..
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    got no such warning. someone MUST be out to get me :mad:

Maybe it was only in the MC zone?

because the whole zone noticed it and went crazy
  • Options
    rowan79rowan79 Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    yeah got the message as well.

"Do you know what power is? Power is control of men who are lesser than you."
  • Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Champions Online is currently down for emergency maintenance.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!

Everyone! TO THE PANIC ROOM!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I guess the expectation is Cryptic employs a staff of Jesuses. Chill bro.

Not multiple copies of Jesus, but more like Santa's elves . . . But based off of recent "work", it's like those elves have changed into bridge trolls. Give us the password (money), and you can pass (play). Then again, NO ONE PASSES. (Region bans, chat bans.) But here's some gold coins for your journey . . .(Z-Store/C-Store ((WHICH IS T?)) stuff . . .)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    magemighty1magemighty1 Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Nighthawk has been on the PTS for like a week now

not the event itself, he's been in alerts but his quests aren't out

My main character is Blackflight
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Servers are open, Champions. Who knows what mysteries await your hero today?

... well, the patch notes know, I suppose. Expect those momentarily.

I bet its region bans for all \o/
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    lezard21 wrote: »
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!

Everyone! TO THE PANIC ROOM!

A.K.A the PTS.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    edited August 2012
    why would they only warn ppl in MC? BAD call, altho thats what cryptic does best.
    they make these awesome games, but never fix the imporatant bugs and never even warn all the players that they will be dcd

Im not sure exactly but most of us in MC got the warning,we just didnt get the WHEN part of it,the message was
    The Shard is going down for emergency maintenance

After about a minute it went down,it was sort of obvious in MC according to zone chat that an emergency patch was inevitable,due to the whole SG bank crisis,and people saying that Nighthawk stole their SG bank stuff
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    nepht wrote: »

I wouldn't be suprised!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    All I have to say is that through it all, Gravitar was fun as hell. I would say keep her that way, because I was grinning like a Cheshire at the fact she kept me on my toes in that fight, but I know it will be fixed. You need to have challenges exactly like that in the game. Manageable but requires thinking. She was ignoring the smoke nades which was very welcome, she was using her powers to their utmost, but not so much people couldn't handle it, and she was dangerous. A world class villain should be a very dangerous threat, not something you just sit there and trade blows with, like she has been since release.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    nepht wrote: »

so,we all get region banned,shoulda seen this coming
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'll tell you a riddle. You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you don't know for sure. But it doesn't matter. How can it not matter to you where the train will take you?
    That one's easy. When the place you're leaving is worse than any other place you could possibly imagine. Kind of like when I jumped ship on WoW, looking for another game to play, because in the state of things post-Cataclysm, it couldn't get much worse somewhere else (and I was right, BTW - for all its faults, CO is still better, IMO).

And for the rest of you - make up your minds.

"Fix the bugs! Fix all the bugs NAOW!!!"

"No, not now! I meant that OTHER now!"
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    jonsills wrote: »
    That one's easy. When the place you're leaving is worse than any other place you could possibly imagine. Kind of like when I jumped ship on WoW, looking for another game to play, because in the state of things post-Cataclysm, it couldn't get much worse somewhere else (and I was right, BTW - for all its faults, CO is still better, IMO).

Please...no more riddles,my brain hurts:confused:
  • Options
    arkhainnarkhainn Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    why would they only warn ppl in MC? BAD call, altho thats what cryptic does best.
    they make these awesome games, but never fix the imporatant bugs and never even warn all the players that they will be dcd

I was in Monster Island and got the message. It was probably global.
    People who are deeply focused in a fight tend to miss those things, but Im fairly sure everyone got the warning.
  • Options
    nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Im aware of the SG catastrophe that occurred a few minutes ago,I logged on,saw the new AT,got on my character,thinking the nighthawk alert was up,waited for it,a dev came on,then everyone noticed their bank and SG bank,then a message said Server is going down for emergency maintenance,then I got DC'ed,and came here

O___O" mah GLOBALS WERE ALL GONE...I mean ahem PAIN incs globals were all gone..I blame Dagget and Bane :O

Im off to fake my own death , marry a neko woman young enough to be my own daughter and live it large in the Italian cafe scene.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Wait gravitar ignores smoke nades now!?!?!?!??!?!

oh noes!

my lvl 40 soldier doesn't stand a chance closer than 100ft now,good thing he has a sniper rifle,just as effective as smoke nade,only for you though:biggrin:
  • Options
    iamblueeyeddeviliamblueeyeddevil Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012

this is a game where you create your OWN hero, not make some overpowered forum build with no theme or story.

What if they have a theme but, no story?
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Wait gravitar ignores smoke nades now!?!?!?!??!?!

oh noes!

my lvl 40 soldier doesn't stand a chance closer than 100ft now,good thing he has a sniper rifle,just as effective as smoke nade,only for you though:biggrin:

Oh it was a lot more. She was using her yellow death blossom from full health and using her attacks more frequently. Think even faster cast times on some of them. It was glorious. It was a fight that needed attention. And as I said, I was grinning like a Cheshire the whole time, because I was having fun.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Oh it was a lot more. She was using her yellow death blossom from full health and using her attacks more frequently. Think even faster cast times on some of them. It was glorious. It was a fight that needed attention. And as I said, I was grinning like a Cheshire the whole time, because I was having fun.

so they not only made debuffs less effective on her,but amped her up also?

alright it is a good thing I have both a toon that can take a yellow sphere at full health,and a toon that has sniper rifle