What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maintenance 9:45 AM 8/17/12

12346»

Comments

• lotar295lotar295 Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    gaelyn1 wrote: »
    You are probably right especially if they said that the patch will be lighter due to some problems.
    I just have say that because i want the devs knows that some of us requires some new REAL content, new things to do, not new characters to do the same content again.

hey,we did get a nighthawk costume set on the c store,we may have his AT,and alert,I don't know,if I see it when my client finishes up patching(again),I'll shout it here
  • mawaynemawayne Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    ROFLOL!

Yes my Dr. Newbton needs a son. Though if you were to slip all of us a Dr. Destroyer Retro that would be acceptable as well. :wink:

Indeed! :biggrin:
    The server has returned, thank you all for your patience. Please remember that characters have been returned to their pre-maintenance state.

If you have experienced any issues at all with purchases in the C-Store made since maintenance first began, please check your ZEN balance. All issues should have been resolved already, but if you have a problem, please contact our Customer Support team.
  • strypewolvenstrypewolven Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'm sorely disappointed with this patch. I would've rather have waited a bit longer for the servers to come back up and have the scheduled content rather than have to deal with nothing but a half-done tease.

Come on Cryptic, I know you're better than that. This was on the PTS for a hot minute, how was such a critical bug overlooked?
  • solacia1solacia1 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    THe nighthawk AT was available after the patch a few hours ago, now it's gone. Something was probably wrong with it.

This message wasn't in reply to ayone btw ^^ it was just a comment
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    solacia1 wrote: »
    THe nighthawk AT was available after the patch a few hours ago, now it's gone. Something was probably wrong with it.

This message wasn't in reply to ayone btw ^^ it was just a comment

Yea, the Hawkarangs don't return once thrown.
    :rolleyes:
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ktm1ktm1 Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'm sorely disappointed with this patch. I would've rather have waited a bit longer for the servers to come back up and have the scheduled content rather than have to deal with nothing but a half-done tease.

Come on Cryptic, I know you're better than that. This was on the PTS for a hot minute, how was such a critical bug overlooked?

>.>

yes i'm staring

>.>

already stated earlier in thread that the new stuff will have to have more thorough testing, and then of course they have to fix it, then of course a Republish.... all this would use up at least the whole day, maybe even longer depending on testing and finding the bug... you seriously want the game to be offline for at least a day, maybe even 2 or 3?
    *slaps upside the head*
    space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence
    edited August 2012

Im disappointed with this also,the NA AT has been in testing for about 2 weeks now,maybe more,it should have been more than ready by now,as for the vehicles and Nighthawk alert,they just got released last week,I'd give them til monday.
  • rajjypantsrajjypants Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Perfectly fine with a working game rather than a broken one. Thanks for keeping us updated trailturtle.
    edited August 2012
    yes i to thank the turtlemeister for hangin with us and keeping us in the loop about whats going on
  • voiceoftemprusvoiceoftemprus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    solacia1 wrote: »
    I think I will email H2orat or ask him when he is in game if we can get our party on dudes titles back
    And to get our DevSlayer title back too.
    "CO once had devs, but they all fled to STO and NW because they feared Caliga." -matixzon
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    And for the past few hours, and continuing even now I'd wager, some poor programmer/s is/are scrolling frantically through the code, trying to find out how in Turing's Name adding the Night Avenger stuff frakked with the SG banks, for screaming out loud!

Glad they elected to roll it back while they figured it out, though - fewer conspiracy theories about somebody stealing everything that way...
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    ktm1 wrote: »
    yes i to thank the turtlemeister for hangin with us and keeping us in the loop about whats going on

Agreed. Well done. :smile:

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • maleb666maleb666 Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    O.o

Another 1.3gb patch and not even a foot note on release notes?? :eek:

Makes me so sad... :frown:
    eupmtpu59ppn.jpg
    edited August 2012
    jonsills wrote: »
    And for the past few hours, and continuing even now I'd wager, some poor programmer/s is/are scrolling frantically through the code, trying to find out how in Turing's Name adding the Night Avenger stuff frakked with the SG banks, for screaming out loud!

Glad they elected to roll it back while they figured it out, though - fewer conspiracy theories about somebody stealing everything that way...

Who else of those 2 could have it been? Shadowhawk doing his yet to be revealed quest or Foxbat just acting Foxbatty...
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    >_> Thats like 2gb for one patch.
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • trailturtletrailturtle Posts: 5,496 Perfect World Employee
    edited August 2012
    Release notes have been posted: http://co.perfectworld.com/news/?tag=co-patch-notes
    edited August 2012

Ty for the notes!!

Man, that HAS to be a HELLUVA costume set, for a 2gb patch!!! lol :eek:
    eupmtpu59ppn.jpg
    edited August 2012
    Well they had to patch back all the SG Banks stuff....
    edited August 2012
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Well they had to patch back all the SG Banks stuff....

lmao here!!
    eupmtpu59ppn.jpg
  • senshibat01senshibat01 Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I was fond of the Beta Test and patch update schedule.. When the world of CO was new
    Friday its a ncie day you had a stability patch from al lthe bug reports for the next test day.. it was predictable.
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    So two big patches and all that down time for a costume and small sale? I'm currently patching for the second time today so i'm not sure if the new stuff actually made i in or if it's being held until they fix it.
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    To all those satisfied boot-lickers, let's do some history:

June 22, AKA last big content patch: Gravitar and Lemurian Crisis were Included. Gravitar had the relog/revive bug. Lemurian Crisis had the lockout bug which allowed only one team member to complete the quest. This last bug has not been addresed yet.

June 28, Gravitar was nerfed (?), relog bug was fixed (true), and multi drops were fixed (false). Also on this same patch, Smokenades were supposed to no longer work on villains level Legendary and above (false). Black Fang no longer drops questionite (true). Lockout problem on Lemurian Crisis was not addressed, but we got a nice new aesthethic image for our calendars.

July 3, A daily mission to get Flag Speed and a Sale

July 12, Out of the blue, Create a Villain runner-ups villains are introduced. No new alerts, just regular ones. Ao'Qephoth regenerates health almost instantly (still not addressed). Many villains were lacking corresponding henchmen (making it impossible to complete certain Grab Alerts), Hrodegir lacked Alert portrait, and Devana Hawk queues failed. Also Ancient Armour set was included which is bugged under Chest Wear (arms go invisible, neat for living armour toons, though, so this is good maybe?).

July 13, props on the quick fix, added henchmen to certain villains (other still miss), fixed Devana Hawkes queue error (true), and added display card to Hrodegir (false, still not displaying on some alerts) Ao'Qephoth still remain unnatended.

July 19, Streets gone red daily mission introduced. No original new rewards. Goes unnoticed after a few days later Bloodmoon switch is flipped on (no On Alert update to this event)

July 27, Hi Pan custom alert is introduced after a lot of hype. Ends being average. Also costume drops don't display as well as unique mods. Energy slide is removed for apparent no reason (conspiracy theory: bundle is added a week later :nudge::nudge:)

August 2, Fixed Hi Pan treasure chest (true), duplicate team members in cutscenes (true for Hi Pan, false everyone else), changed an NPC name in Lemuria to display correctly (THANK GOD THEY FIXED THAT!)

August 9, Freeform chance boxes are back, now with a bundle option. No custom daily.

August 17, Read whole thread...

So, I get your point satisfied boot-lickers , sometimes people rage too much, but let's face it, just take a look at the history on release notes. Patches contentwise have diminished to the point that server goes down just to add some shinies to the Zen Store, bug fixing period for each patch only lasts for a week, if they can't fix it in that time "F*** it and broom it under the carpet, here FF CHANCE BAGS!". True, other MMORPGs have problems, but that is not an excuse to let this game be just one among a hundred others. As users that play and like this game we have the obligation not to let it sink any lower.

My 10 cents :rolleyes:
    edited August 2012
    So two big patches and all that down time for a costume and small sale? I'm currently patching for the second time today so i'm not sure if the new stuff actually made i in or if it's being held until they fix it.

if you were paying attention to thread, or reading before posted (which it looks like you werent) you would know that what you typed isnt true.

1- they only patched ONCE today to introduce new content, powers and wotnot for big nighthawk release..... but there was major bugs, stuff that had a lot of pple in uproar, most specifically supergroup bank tabs and content all disappearing.

2- so they had to take the server offline for major part of day after patch completed in order to erase patch and bring the server back to what it was before the patch, with a minor addition of the costume.

3- the content that they WERE going to add is being tested and they are looking for the bug behind scene. when its fixed they are going to give it back to us again. but noone knows when that will be. i see prolly monday or tuesday or next friday, depending on if anyone works on it over weekend.
    edited August 2012
    lezard21 wrote: »
    *snip*not an excuse to let this game be just one among a hundred others.:

bootlickers? lol QQ'ers......

edit: ... "like a hundred others" thanks for proving my point about how pple expect this game to be different than EVERY OTHER GAME OUT THERE. seriously why do you think cryptic/pwe have to be perfect and not have screw ups and focus on ways to make money like EVERY OTHER GAME OUT THERE.. is it because the games about superheroes and you want them to go to work every day with capes on and perform superhuman programming tasks?
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    bootlickers? lol QQ'ers......

edit: ... "like a hundred others" thanks for proving my point about how pple expect this game to be different than EVERY OTHER GAME OUT THERE. seriously why do you think cryptic/pwe have to be perfect and not have screw ups and focus on ways to make money like EVERY OTHER GAME OUT THERE.. is it because the games about superheroes and you want them to go to work every day with capes on and perform superhuman programming tasks?

I wont even bother, seeing as you are gold I'm glad that you don't have a problem about tossing money into a game and getting poor content back. Must be awesome to be you :) Buy me a pony, maybe?
    edited August 2012
    I wont even bother, seeing as you are gold I'm glad that you don't have a problem about tossing money into a game and getting poor content back. Must be awesome to be you :)

yes it is awesome to be me! how did you know?!?

and based on your comment about me being gold... im guessing you are silver? therefore what is your basis of complaint? if you are silver (and if your not i admit this whole statement becomes obsolete) but IF you are, then you arent even paying, except maybe the occasional purchase, and then you are paying for exactly what you choose to.

when i chose to purchase my lifetimer, i did so for unlimited access to freeform, and costumes, and stipend (which bough a lot over time) and a buncha character slots... i am very happy with that purchase. i got what i paid for and didnt "expect more and more and more".

content? hell even f2p silvers get access to that, and if you read the state of the game you know that content is coming out sooner or later (much of it sooner... nighthawk patch that YOU are complaining about includes some such of that)
  • lokikinlokikin Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    To all those satisfied boot-lickers, *snip*

To all those dissatisfied trollers,

Perhaps a new game is in order?

_._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

M-O-O-N, that spells @Rhyatt

Originally Posted by mijjestic: Ultimately, though, MMO players throwing stones at each other in this fashion is basically one nerd pointing and laughing at another nerd whose glasses are thicker.

Laws yes!
    edited August 2012
    lokikin wrote: »
    To all those dissatisfied trollers,

Perhaps a new game is in order?

here here! thankfully a voice of sanity! lol :wink:

btw. rhyatt, love your siggy. best character in the book and/or movie.
    edited August 2012
    if you were paying attention to thread, or reading before posted (which it looks like you werent) you would know that what you typed isnt true.

1- they only patched ONCE today to introduce new content, powers and wotnot for big nighthawk release..... but there was major bugs, stuff that had a lot of pple in uproar, most specifically supergroup bank tabs and content all disappearing.

2- so they had to take the server offline for major part of day after patch completed in order to erase patch and bring the server back to what it was before the patch, with a minor addition of the costume.

3- the content that they WERE going to add is being tested and they are looking for the bug behind scene. when its fixed they are going to give it back to us again. but noone knows when that will be. i see prolly monday or tuesday or next friday, depending on if anyone works on it over weekend.

First off, yeah, i've been reading and posting in this thread today, which you'd know if you read it, and yes, they did patch twice which others mentioned having to do as well seeing how it was one to add new stuff and another to roll it back, and yes, we all know that it isn't up yet, but i was asking if all that was up were two small things. I asked a question, not made a statement, there for what i said wasn't something that could be true or false. No need to be rude about it, especially if you yourself haven't been reading the thread.
  • cybersoldier1981cybersoldier1981 Posts: 2,501 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'm mildly disappointed that we don't get a new powerset and AT.

The costume -Does- look good, so props to the designer team. We all throw our little tantrums about how 'Costumes aren't content', but I do think the guys making the costumes deserve props for their awesomeness. I've been disappointed a few times (And chosen to not use my money, which is the mature way to handle it), other times, I've been grateful. So, I don't know if the costume dudes read this, but thanks for making this the most awesome costume character creation ever- You give us the tools to make unique characters. You're our tailors, armorers, and forgemasters. Kudos, keep cranking out the awesome. Aside from a few things that need some attention, you guys rock.

I wish the powerset was available, I won't whine.

I think the vehicles might need to be pushed back for a little while longer.

Not really craving a new alert, but hey- seems fun.

Thanks for fixing the SG bank robbery. I was honestly debating stuffing ours with goodies the other day, but opted against it.
  • secksegaisecksegai Posts: 1,354 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    So, I get your point satisfied boot-lickers , sometimes people rage too much, but let's face it, just take a look at the history on release notes. Patches contentwise have diminished to the point that server goes down just to add some shinies to the Zen Store, bug fixing period for each patch only lasts for a week, if they can't fix it in that time "F*** it and broom it under the carpet, here FF CHANCE BAGS!". True, other MMORPGs have problems, but that is not an excuse to let this game be just one among a hundred others. As users that play and like this game we have the obligation not to let it sink any lower.

There's a reason this community seems so hostile, volatile and frustrated. There's also a reason even lifetimers are quitting.

If you think there aren't issues that need some serious addressing, you are a blind fanboy/fangirl.

Whiteout is the only "new" content that really came out since I started. Sure, there's been Grav, and Hi Pan - but while a step in the right direction for alerts, at the same time its also a example of the problem.

What is an alert other than something to farm endlessly for xp or costume unlocks (or occasional core)?
  • neuraldamageneuraldamage Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    To all those satisfied boot-lickers

Bootlickers?

Heh all I did was tell the community rep thanks for posting several times to let us know what was up. If you've been really been paying attention lately you'd know that is a bit of an oddity and how it should be. Again, well done.

So Utshay Upway! :tongue:

People are broken. - Lum the Mad
  • magemighty1magemighty1 Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    r9xchaos wrote: »
    well idc the new NA AT.. ive seen a video where all the powers were explained..and i was not happy about it.. maybe it is only me but the new at isnt as epic as some other ATs...the NA AT has low FX :/

well and if the NA AT is going to be a GOLD AT it will the at with the lowest cosmetics .. the stealth skill only increases 1 attack... so stealth is only good for snipers...lol

i bought the invicible with cash because it is cool and has many efefcts... but i will not buy NA AT because it is boring :/

Then there will be the Vehicles wich wil be PAY also i think.. because they are become devices... those are maybe fun to have , maybe worth to buy...

but that are all things we dont really need actually..

as many peopel said we would love to see some new content for lvl 40+ and also... Supergroup Hideouts...and FINALLY fixes for dualblade and darkness nemesis..

Cryptic come on.. there is dozents of threads about that.. dont you read the forums or do you simply not care?

The video you saw didn't have the complete FX or animations :rolleyes:

My main character is Blackflight
    edited August 2012
    The video you saw didn't have the complete FX or animations :rolleyes:

Well aside from the night avenger AT's FX,the powers are...decent,stealth is pretty much the main reason to get it,but the concepts and thematic parts of it are....meh,who wants to be a vengeful orphan exactly?
    edited August 2012
    lotar295 wrote: »
    Well aside from the night avenger AT's FX,the powers are...decent,stealth is pretty much the main reason to get it,but the concepts and thematic parts of it are....meh,who wants to be a vengeful orphan exactly?

well... vengeful orphan is all about the batman and wannabes who want to be like him, however there are many concepts who would fit with the at concept.

specially trained assassin :cool:

angry australian (steve erwins ghost. eeeek!) :eek:

insane killer juggler :wink:

ok, so i really only came up with one and the others are jokes, i just woke up after only 3 hours of sleepand brain hasnt caught up with me yet. but i can see someone doing the other 2 any way. and imaginative pple (with enough sleep) could probably come up with others
    edited August 2012
    specially trained assassin :cool:

We already have 2 assassin conceptual ATs,Soldier and specialist,also we have 2 Tech ATs.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,318 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    We already have 2 assassin conceptual ATs,Soldier and specialist,also we have 2 Tech ATs.
    Not every assassin uses sniper rifles, you know - some prefer a more, shall we say, hands-on approach...

(Besides, I think this would be an even better fit for Spider-Bat than his current AT of the Master!)
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    edited August 2012

ya, but different tools for different types of assassins. what about old school trained assasins, not every assassin uses guns. besides, my point still stands. EVERY combination of powers and abilities can have a buncha different concepts behind them... its all up to the players imagination.
  • ashensnowashensnow Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Actually we have many more than 2 assassin conceptual AT's.

Blade: An assassin can kill with a sword
    Behemoth: An assassin can kill by smashing the target's skull.
    Marksman: An assassin can kill using a bow.

And so on.

Being an assassin is a function of being a killer for hire/or religious/political ideology, not what tools you use to kill.

Every AT and FF build is potentially conceptually an assassin.

'Caine, miss you bud. Fly high.
    edited August 2012
    Agreed I did leave quite some few out,but my point is that the conceptual side of the NA AT lacks a bit
    edited August 2012
    Has there been any word on if they'll try to release them again, or is it still "under the rug"?
  • guardianpalguardianpal Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Hullo... Somebody kinda directed me a bit in there as my SG Bank in the Live got stolen all Gs by a Junior Member that also got out with too much of our senior tabs equipement.

I demoted the player's character (only one in the SG from that guy) and verified all bank and SG parameters and setted them accordingly for security then... a few hours later BANG all the 33Gs I stashed in there to slowly rebuild the SG weatlh just got away by the same player along with the 231 Gs previously... Except the tabs permissions heldsoff... But not the ressources setting.

So what happends next? When will it be safe to keep collective Gs in the SG's safe?

TY in advance for your reply.

Ps.:
    Yes I've kicked out the player and that last thievery was his awnser to the message I've sent as second chance. This is not a thing that is custumary for me and that I am glad to do.

(I just would hope I was allowed to post the @handle of this player somewhere... )