test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Perks - Missable Ones and Perks in General

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    After looking around for a bit, I cant seem to find the knowledge perk in Desert Crises, can someone explain where it is?
    edited August 2009
    Splurch wrote:
    After looking around for a bit, I cant seem to find the knowledge perk in Desert Crises, can someone explain where it is?

The one for Desert Crisis requires you to complete all the quests in the desert crisis.
    edited August 2009
    Viper REcruitment: Viper Aptitude Test Two is in Canada -1821, 24, 2281
    edited August 2009
    Lohr wrote:
    Which sucks, for those people that don't have a jump or flight power. I can't get up there with SS.

somoene with force powers could blast you up. its happened to me ;)
    edited August 2009
    Dardove wrote:
    The one for Desert Crisis requires you to complete all the quests in the desert crisis.

Ah ok, I misunderstood what that one was, ty :)
    edited August 2009
    (Edit: Found it)

Just as a summation:

If we get the Following:

Millennium City Tutorial -

Red Bug Down (Exploration perk)

Burning Sands Crisis Area -

Out of the Wasteland (Knowledge Perk)

Vanquished Ferd (Defeat Perk)

Vanquished Gigaton (Defeat Perk)

Canada Crisis Area -

Raiders On The Storm (Knowledge Perk)

Vanquished Rakshasa (Defeat Perk)

Then once we get to the normal map area we should have all the weird perks that you might miss from the areas you can no longer get to, correct?
    edited August 2009
    [Edit: Deleted post cuz I'm stoopid.]
    edited August 2009
    I'm having trouble with
    "Cleaning up the Town" and " Who's the Fastest Gun in the West?"

I can't seem to get them? I've searched all over Snake Gultch.
    edited August 2009
    Roffle wrote:
    People, it is possible to get the perks from both crisis zones. Do the desert zone, and after killing Gigaton and moving back to the exit, DO NOT CLICK CONTINUE when it prompts you to start digging. Just close the window and simply walk up the rocks into the vault door and use it to get back into the crisis. Just be careful that pressing Z in that area will put you out of the crisis, so manually click on the button for exiting the vault.

Ok, so once you get out of the vault and back in the crisis area. You then hop onto the helicopter and head to Canada. Do those missions, but then what? After you defeat the Raksasha how do you turn in the last quest for the Desert area? As it says you have to go to the vault and if you leave after fighting the Raksasha it takes you out of the Crisis area....
    edited August 2009
    it seems like you CAN outlevel quests...either that or this specific quest I'm thinking about it bugged

basically I did all of desert and got to 15 on a character, and when I go to canada, there are quests such as the dead alive quest with mister zombie that I no longer get offered...either the npc is bugged or its not there for level 15's
    edited August 2009
    Livingston wrote:
    Ok, so once you get out of the vault and back in the crisis area. You then hop onto the helicopter and head to Canada. Do those missions, but then what? After you defeat the Raksasha how do you turn in the last quest for the Desert area? As it says you have to go to the vault and if you leave after fighting the Raksasha it takes you out of the Crisis area....

You can hand in the quest to Kaufman, in the non crisis desert area. It looks like its unfinished, but you can hand it in nonetheless.

And I didnt get ceiling cat, I forgot that pvp arena was 20 and below :(
    edited August 2009
    Thanks for that.

Just one more thing though...

The perk: Out of the Wasteland

Says I'm missing Gallant Colonel Gertz and Grond Theft Altercation. Do you get those quests in the Crisis area or after you reach the main map, as Kaufman never gave me these quests.
    edited August 2009
    Gallant Colonel Gertz is from the pack on the ground just inside the vault.
    Grond Theft Altercation is given when near the statue's head, then you just pick up the horn next to it.

Another one in that set is the first one, I picked my research path and did Begone Fission before talking to Kaufman so I never got the part of the quest he gives, thus maknig the perk unattainable.
    edited August 2009
    OMFG....

*cries*

This was for my one character that I was trying to get as many Perks possible on.

I've just finished doing both the Crisis areas and was preparing to get my head start perks.

I know that doesn't seem like much, but I actually took the time to grind out 1000 Qualar in the tutorial, as I'm dual blades and thought that would be an *easy* way to get them. @_@

Then I completed it and saw the next one for 5000. ;_;

I also grinded some money so I could respec a power i wanted to change...

I've deleted the character to do it over again, but I don't if I should start again or just commit seppuku...
    edited August 2009
    Livingston wrote:
    OMFG....

*cries*

This was for my one character that I was trying to get as many Perks possible on.

I've just finished doing both the Crisis areas and was preparing to get my head start perks.

I know that doesn't seem like much, but I actually took the time to grind out 1000 Qualar in the tutorial, as I'm dual blades and thought that would be an *easy* way to get them. @_@

Then I completed it and saw the next one for 5000. ;_;

I also grinded some money so I could respec a power i wanted to change...

I've deleted the character to do it over again, but I don't if I should start again or just commit seppuku...

There are Qularr in the Desert and (I think) Monster Island.
    edited August 2009
    Lol, yeah I knew there would probably be more else where, It's just terrible that I'm now not going to get the credit for the 1,034 I killed...
    edited August 2009
    Actually this on is confirmed, found is last night. Was to tired to put it up on the wiki last night.

Of course it's confirmed, I said it was there.
    I'm thinking that some of the collection perks should actually be Knowles or exploration perks. Brass Ring, Get to the Choppa (if it still exisits) and Don't go chasing waterfalls should be exploration, while Citizen Grond should be a knowledge perk. They really don't fit into the collection category.

Some of them do "give" you stuff, like Citizen Grond gives you a photo and Brass Ring gives you a brass ring. They aren't actual inventory items or anything, but they're "theoretical loot".

Also, about the chopper, the jet that lifts off from MC used to be a helicopter, and I know you used to get that perk the first time you spawned in MC. I haven't gotten it since they changed the vehicle though.

There are a few that I'm missing though, Purple with Rage: Detroit River Bound, and Snake Gultch: Clean up the Town and Fastest Gun in the West. Never seen these.

Might as well add one of my favs, Monster Island: Manimal Crossing. Go to the lone hut in the SW corner of the boneyard, talk to the NPC, buy his item.

Also, the remaining two Machine Revolution sub-perks are found inside the starting sub of Lemuria.
    edited August 2009
    anyone know where to get the quest detroit river bound? need it for purple with rage i believe

edit: also, why the hell is it only 3 fingers ebril that spawns for jailbreak? could have sworn they said this was fixed =(
    edited August 2009
    I am going to be busy putting up the rest of the missions that I have, and Detroit River bound is one of them.

Go to the last pier in the lower left hand corner, the last one that is straight. Go rescue a bound Black Ace that's surrounded by New Purple Gang members and he will give you the mission after you rescue him.

Also I unlocked a new Rogue's Gallaery one, Littlest Pet Shop Boy which is for defeating Pets.

And Ohoni, by confirmed I just mean me going there and getting it so I can snag the icon so I can put it up on the wiki, ala made in China and the Dragon's gate.
    edited August 2009
    Lohr wrote:
    I am going to be busy putting up the rest of the missions that I have, and Detroit River bound is one of them.

Go to the last pier in the lower left hand corner, the last one that is straight. Go rescue a bound Black Ace that's surrounded by New Purple Gang members and he will give you the mission after you rescue him.

Also I unlocked a new Rogue's Gallaery one, Littlest Pet Shop Boy which is for defeating Pets.

And Ohoni, by confirmed I just mean me going there and getting it so I can snag the icon so I can put it up on the wiki, ala made in China and the Dragon's gate.

yeah found it now, many thanks. didnt want to miss it ;)

god damn i wish jailbreakm worked as i bet there is a perk for finishing it...
    edited August 2009
    Lohr wrote:
    Which sucks, for those people that don't have a jump or flight power. I can't get up there with SS.

There's a quest reward in Canada, that gives you a primary utility item that has a nice long recharge, but triggers acrobatics.

Eventually I believe some other travel powers will be craftable, but the acrobatics one is very fun, and I'm never going to delete or destroy the item, if I can help it.

It's something or other feline genes, or something like that.
    edited August 2009
    Taking some time to look up the ones that are listed as unverified on the wiki.

Found the dead tree one in the city.

Named A Tree Grows in Westside. Gets you 25 points and is at location 2530 211 -722

The Get to The Choppa one is right where it said it was.
    edited August 2009
    I hate* you guys :mad: Because of this thread I had to redo my lvl 14 so I could get the crisis zone and MC perks. I sure hope there are no more perks that are missable because I would hate to do all this again (already have ran through the beginning content about 10 times).

*to clarify for overly sensitive/thin skinned types, hate = thanks for the info.
    edited August 2009
    Anyone planning on a perk tracker site, the CoH badge tracker sites are massivly popular, if you havnt seen them there are a few that can be found via a search engine, it would give you some idea of the format.
    The Wiki is great by the way, couldnt you incorporate a tracker.
    edited August 2009
    Vanoth wrote:
    There's a quest reward in Canada, that gives you a primary utility item that has a nice long recharge, but triggers acrobatics.

Eventually I believe some other travel powers will be craftable, but the acrobatics one is very fun, and I'm never going to delete or destroy the item, if I can help it.

Ya, feline metabolic serum. Beat up the hunter-patriot leut, get the brain trust mission, beat up Lynx, get her mission, disarm bomb, talk to justicar, poof, acrobatics with a 30 minute recharge.
    edited August 2009
    Another inside Mission perk.

Qliphotic Lore Fragment #1. Pile of books inside "The Shadow Script" mission from Lt. David Folger in Canada, level 27.

/loc is 1862, 31, 533 although not sure if they are valid inside an instance.
    edited August 2009
    Alright, so there are two areas in the Desert where I'm afraid I've totally missed some missions.

Just east of Greenskin is an area with hostile PRIMUS troops around level 9-10.

Just east of that is an Oasis with level 18ish DEMON members around. Here there is a lore perk next to a Master Villain mob, and you get attacked by two mobs affiliated with "Elder Worm" after killing the Master Villain and reading the lore item.

It seems like there should be some missions or something sending me to both areas. I'm now level 25, so did I totally miss these? I did both crisis zones, so perhaps the contact was not showing a ! when I got there... If I have I'll be mad, as I've been trying to be extra careful to get everything as I go. :(
    edited August 2009
    insicor wrote:
    it seems like you CAN outlevel quests...either that or this specific quest I'm thinking about it bugged

basically I did all of desert and got to 15 on a character, and when I go to canada, there are quests such as the dead alive quest with mister zombie that I no longer get offered...either the npc is bugged or its not there for level 15's
    You have to do some other missions to unlock that contact, iirc it's the level 7-9s from Justicar.
    Gage27 wrote:
    Alright, so there are two areas in the Desert where I'm afraid I've totally missed some missions.

Just east of Greenskin is an area with hostile PRIMUS troops around level 9-10.
    Do the Minding the Mutants or whatever it's called. You need it to unlock the contact for those missions.
    Just east of that is an Oasis with level 18ish DEMON members around. Here there is a lore perk next to a Master Villain mob, and you get attacked by two mobs affiliated with "Elder Worm" after killing the Master Villain and reading the lore item.
    I've been completely unable to find something that unlocks a contact for these guys. No drops or other missions seem to unlock their mission line, if they have one.
    edited August 2009
    Yay! I finally figured out how multi-quote a thread.
    Gage27 wrote:

I found this one as well, by pure chance and i have done all the missions in the Desert that lead up to that level range and have found nothing that leads me to them either. Maybe a mission contact in MC gives it to you since there are tons of Demons in MC?
    xPODx wrote:
    Anyone planning on a perk tracker site, the CoH badge tracker sites are massivly popular, if you havnt seen them there are a few that can be found via a search engine, it would give you some idea of the format.
    The Wiki is great by the way, couldnt you incorporate a tracker.

Having played CoH for 4 years I am quite familiar with Badge-Hunter.com. Curious as to what you would want a tracker website to do for you (beside the obvious tracking perks)? Now I may be the minority in this, but I think the in game PDA does a wonderful job of this. Part of the problem with CoH badges was that you didn't know what badges were for what and something like history plaques, you didn't know if you hit them all, so it made a lot of sense to have something outside of the game.

Personally, I am an excel junky (but that's mostly because I live and breath it at work), and i initially started out with a number of excel spreadsheets and discovered that it was easier/helpful to use the PDA.

The PDA in game does an excellent job of letting you know what items you need and what ones you don't. As well as the which ones are in progress and completed. The only thing that I think would be tracking of how many perks completed/perk points people might have. However as of right now, there is no way to see what actual Perks someone else might have aside from titles.
    edited August 2009
    orht wrote:
    Another inside Mission perk.

Qliphotic Lore Fragment #1. Pile of books inside "The Shadow Script" mission from Lt. David Folger in Canada, level 27.

/loc is 1862, 31, 533 although not sure if they are valid inside an instance.

Awesome! Adding to the wiki.
    Vanoth wrote:

I pre-ordered from gamestop so I assume I get my level 0 flight, which I am thinking I might be able to use to get to those places I can't. I am sitting at 18, so I can def wait till tomorrow to get the levels.
    edited August 2009
    Lohr wrote:
    Nope, I think I have to create an account, I am just being lazy.

Some of this stuff you might already have, tried to cut out as much as I could, if I had the impression that you already had it. Hope they help you find the stuff too, I'm not exactly a wiz at SS.

Bloodstone's orders. Same place as where the main Qilopthic (or however you spell it) is. It's behind the wall with a waterfall and the tear in front of it.

Eclipse's orders btw are behind the Pedestal behind which he hovers. Easy enough to find really.

[url=Viper Stuff 1

Viper Stuff 2. Hard to see, I know, but it's underneath the tree.

Viper Stuff 3

Viper Stuff 4. Hard to see again, just to the right of my character on the wall, is a file folder.

Viper Stuff 5

IIRC, this was the Hoarfrost history one. It's in the same village as that reporter who has you checking for Gadroon, and near the whole Argent vs Hunter-Patriot feud.

Psi Info], it was on a park bench, but said bench kinda got demolished in a fight I had with the local mobs, this is about the best I can do.

Hunter-Patriot/Destroyer file, it's in the Red Base near the paintball compound send up by the Hunter-Patriots

All in the Stroessen's Peak village.
    Tel Info 1

Tel Info 2

Tel Info 3

And just because folks kept asking about it during CB and OB, figured you might want to stick it on the wiki.
    Shutdown Code 1]

Shutdown Code 2

Shutdown Code 3

Shutdown Code 4

Shutdown Code 5

Shutdown Code 6

Oh and I can confirm the Psi-Destroyer file, being on the top left balcony of the Psi Building, if you approach it from the south. On the table, near a plate. Some mobs on the lower second balcony

Livingston wrote:

Log off for about 20 minutes, then the instance will collapse, and you'll end up back in Canada Crisis.
    edited August 2009
    I got a collection perk in progress called Offensive Line. The objective is Tackle the Heavies (x/5). Anyone know any more info on this?

Also have a heroic perk called Communication Breakdown. Have to disable 3 comms array. I just need the primary. Don't remember where exactly the other two are. I believe one was by Project Awakening.

Then there is Pacify the Spirits which has 4 different targets. Bjorn, Kaiti, Khanukh, and Freki and Geri. Khanukh is the only one I have found. He was a wolf (tough villain I believe) somewhere on the eastern side of Canada.
    edited August 2009
    Dardove wrote:
    I got a collection perk in progress called Offensive Line. The objective is Tackle the Heavies (x/5). Anyone know any more info on this?

Did that one during CB. It's kill 5 Sparc Troopers and 5 Bestial Prisoners or something like that. The escaped prisoners who kinda are Sabretooth wannabees anyway.

Dardove wrote:
    Also have a heroic perk called Communication Breakdown. Have to disable 3 comms array. I just need the primary. Don't remember where exactly the other two are. I believe one was by Project Awakening.

All three are in Project Awakening, one is just inside the little side base at the side of the main compound.
    edited August 2009
    IS-Wolf wrote:
    Bloodstone's orders. Same place as where the main Qilopthic (or however you spell it) is. It's behind the wall with a waterfall and the tear in front of it.

Eclipse's orders btw are behind the Pedestal behind which he hovers. Easy enough to find really.

Which zone?
    IS-Wolf wrote:
    Psi Info], it was on a park bench, but said bench kinda got demolished in a fight I had with the local mobs, this is about the best I can do.
    Is this in the same park where the Diary is?

IS-Wolf wrote:
    Oh and I can confirm the Psi-Destroyer file, being on the top left balcony of the Psi Building, if you approach it from the south. On the table, near a plate. Some mobs on the lower second balcony

Yeah, I just can't get up there to get the darn thing without some sort of flight.
    edited August 2009
    Dardove wrote:
    Then there is Pacify the Spirits which has 4 different targets. Bjorn, Kaiti, Khanukh, and Freki and Geri. Khanukh is the only one I have found. He was a wolf (tough villain I believe) somewhere on the eastern side of Canada.

Which categories does this fall under, heroic or collection?
    edited August 2009
    Lohr wrote:
    Which categories does this fall under, heroic or collection?

It was under heroic
    edited August 2009
    Has anyone said anything about a perk tracking system, sort of like the mission tracking system. At least have a list of the perks that you are working on, sometime unknowingly. :)
    edited August 2009
    IS-Wolf wrote:
    All three are in Project Awakening, one is just inside the little side base at the side of the main compound.

Thanks. Found the final one I was looking for. Was at -3146 44 1706 for future reference.
    edited August 2009
    IamSancho wrote:
    Has anyone said anything about a perk tracking system, sort of like the mission tracking system. At least have a list of the perks that you are working on, sometime unknowingly. :)

Yeah, press k in game, it brings up all the perks and you can select which ones you have completed versus which ones are in progress.
    edited August 2009
    Lohr wrote:
    Yeah, press k in game, it brings up all the perks and you can select which ones you have completed versus which ones are in progress.

Wow, didn't realize you could press K. I have been pressing J and tabbing over to perks.

Found a part of the Teleios' Experiments Knowledge perk. 4th part at loc 2077 102 2073

And another Perk while I'm at it. Johnston's Private Reserve under exploration. In Canada, loc 2208 248 2866. It's a box surrounded by rocks.

Found Kaiti as well. Canada still. Was a level 30 tough villain bear that was listed as Marauder not Kaiti. Was hanging out around 2348 408 -750
    edited August 2009
    Dardove, which neighborhoods were Johnston' Private Reserve and Kaiti located in?
    edited August 2009
    Lohr wrote:
    Dardove, which neighborhoods were Johnston' Private Reserve and Kaiti located in?

Burial Butte for the reserve and Kigatilik's Maw for Kaiti.
    edited August 2009
    The Crowns of Krim - Bloodstones Orders
    a little red book found in downtown MC, behind the big Qlipothic Tear you close at the end of "****** Alliance" Mission.
    Walk around the pillar in front of which the Tear is and it will be there.
    edited August 2009
    hmmm, i got vanquish Director from a door mission in the desert, armour piercing

not sure if thats normal or not :p
    edited August 2009
    Did you mention Lynx Fold waterfall slide yet... I explored CN as a Burrow Powered Man Bunny Might.

Some PERKS are high without a ladder and favoure the flyer. other times its the path your take and the time you take.. PERKs, Lore abound... In my philosophy "If it Glows Click it"

Sadly no Perks for exploring IronClads Cannon barrel..
    I flew in and was ejected like a John Bull cannon shell.

The Crafting table books the wall plaques.. the list is rich with perils.
    See it pays to learn Yeti and Bigfoot..
    when you're the appropriate level they loosen up a bit and deal out the Mish..
    edited August 2009
    The one thing that stands out about this thread is the ammount of players that it has united who are of a like mind, PERK HUNTERS, surely this is great grounds for the founding of a SG, I suggest someone forms a SG that is perk hunting based, I for one would support, and join it, and surely based on the ammount of people that have posted on this thread it would be a powerfull SG, and we would be happy to help and support each other. Many SG's have inner rivalry because of disjointed values.
    Whoever founds it give it a name that reflects the interest of the members. For example dont call it " DESTROYERS" , or ," RULERS OF THE SMURFS" or " DEATH FROM ABOVE" you get the picture, a name like "HUNTERS" ( you get my meaning ) would be more appropriate.
    My point being we would be made up of members who have like interests.
    No need to recruit, no need to invite random players, there are enough in this thread to have a SG.
    If someone has already gone down this road PLEASE let me know.
    edited August 2009
    I for one would love to join a Perk Hunters SG.
    edited August 2009
    Deth wrote:
    I for one would love to join a Perk Hunters SG.

"PERK HUNTERS", thats the perfect name, I would set one up myself but, I have no experiance in that sort of thing.
    Come on someone take the lead PLEASE, " don't forget to invite me "
    edited August 2009
    In my hunt to complete the pacify the spirits perk, I have noticed that there are two Khanukhs. One is a low level version (around 10, but the level seems to change each time on them) and a high level version (around level 30).

The lower level version is around loc 603 88 716, which places it near the Brain Storming quest. The higher level version is at Stroessen's Peak around 2500 139 1952. I don't know whether they did this on purpose or it is a bug and one of the others is supposed to show up in one of those spots.

Also got another heroic perk for killing a Rampaging Teleioraptor in Stroesson's Peak. It was at around 908 144 883. Name of the Perk was "The Raptor Whisperer"
    edited August 2009
    Just to reiterate, hiker's horror (or whatever corresponds to Mother Nature can be a real ...) is still MIA right?