test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Perks - Missable Ones and Perks in General

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    She doesn't give a perk. I've wasted the entire Oasis a number of times for kicks and nothing.
    edited September 2009
    She doesn't give a perk, but the book on the altar is a known piece of Lore (The Vengeance Journals part 3).
    edited September 2009
    Is there already a thread to complain about this ****ed-up decision to deny missions once you have completed the last lore mission? Seriously, there are a bunch of bugged, as well as nearly undetectable missions if you're not informed about them.

So, either somebody has created a thread already, or I'm going to if nobody has done so.
    edited September 2009
    Ion_StormH wrote:
    Is there already a thread to complain about this ****ed-up decision to deny missions once you have completed the last lore mission? Seriously, there are a bunch of bugged, as well as nearly undetectable missions if you're not informed about them.

So, either somebody has created a thread already, or I'm going to if nobody has done so.

I created one here
    edited September 2009
    Ion_StormH wrote:

Which lore perks are you having trouble with? I've yet to come across one where I couldn't go back and do an earlier mission after the end.
    edited September 2009
    December wrote:
    Which lore perks are you having trouble with? I've yet to come across one where I couldn't go back and do an earlier mission after the end.

Eclipse is a good example. If you didn't get her lore when you were doing her mission, you need to sit around in Canada and beg for someone low lvl to let you in.

Vs Teleios Tower, which has lore and you can go in at any time.
    edited September 2009
    MacAllen wrote:
    Eclipse is a good example. If you didn't get her lore when you were doing her mission, you need to sit around in Canada and beg for someone low lvl to let you in.

Vs Teleios Tower, which has lore and you can go in at any time.

Missing lore in missions is a different issue. This issue is where you do the final mission in the arc, but it won't let you go back and do one of the missions leading up to the final mission.

I've often done exactly that - completing a lead-up mission after the final mission. So this isn't an issue that can be complained about in general. It must apply to specific perks and missions.
    edited September 2009
    December wrote:
    Missing lore in missions is a different issue. This issue is where you do the final mission in the arc, but it won't let you go back and do one of the missions leading up to the final mission.

I've often done exactly that - completing a lead-up mission after the final mission. So this isn't an issue that can be complained about in general. It must apply to specific perks and missions.

Oh, I obviously misunderstood. I didn't think you could do that, finish an arc without doing all the missions?
    edited September 2009
    Dardove wrote:
    I created one here

Thanks, mate. I'm going to write a supporting post. :)
    MacAllen wrote:
    Oh, I obviously misunderstood. I didn't think you could do that, finish an arc without doing all the missions?

For example, I cannot accept "A miner problem" after I defeated Eclipse already. Well, it seems to me that way at least - I found the miner, and I can see the excalamation mark above his head. But I can't acecpt the mission, it simply won't do anything when I click 'accept',

My mission log isn't stuffed either, so I reckon it must be that I defeated Eclipse already?
    edited September 2009
    Ion_StormH wrote:
    My mission log isn't stuffed either, so I reckon it must be that I defeated Eclipse already?

Did you get the mission at his tent at the bottom of the hill to go locate the miner? That mission (from the tent) and being the right level are the pre-reqs.

The tent part doesn't even have a level req as I've SK'd a level 11 friend up through that area and they got the tent mission.

Other then that, can't say anything about completing the Eclipse part locking it out. Usually did the tent part and the miner on my way walking up the hill just exploring for fun levels before I could get hte mission to fight Eclipse.
    edited September 2009
    Hythian wrote:
    Other then that, can't say anything about completing the Eclipse part locking it out. Usually did the tent part and the miner on my way walking up the hill just exploring for fun levels before I could get hte mission to fight Eclipse.

I defeated Eclipse before I found the tent and the miner.

Edit to add: And to be clear, I could take the missions, finish them and get the perk.
    edited September 2009
    Hythian wrote:
    Did you get the mission at his tent at the bottom of the hill to go locate the miner? That mission (from the tent) and being the right level are the pre-reqs.

The tent part doesn't even have a level req as I've SK'd a level 11 friend up through that area and they got the tent mission.

Mh, my level shouldn't be an issue (lvl 28). I found the tent as well, so it must've been bugged at this specific moment. I try again right away. :/

Edit: Okay, the quest was bugged. I got a lucky instance, spawned right at the miner, accepted the quest and just finished it.

It's probably like Waterfront Watcher and My lost Foot, which yo can do if you get into the right MC instance, but are most usually not available. :/
    edited September 2009
    December wrote:
    I defeated Eclipse before I found the tent and the miner.

Edit to add: And to be clear, I could take the missions, finish them and get the perk.

same......
    edited October 2009
    Thought these were worth posting here. Perk Patch notes to Test Server for 1 Oct.

Perks
    * Fixed an issue where the Perks "Well-to-Do", "Livin' Large", "Deep Pockets", "Money Bags", and "Mad Bling" could get permanently stuck at -1. Players who were affected by this issue will have their counts reset to the amount of Resources they currently own.
    * Lizardmen Nemesis Minions: Perk now records these minions properly.
    * Mafia Nemesis Minions : This minion group did not have perks set up for them. KNOWN ISSUE: this group does not have an Icon set yet.
    * Monster Island Explorer: Perk has been fixed so that it registers when players enter the neighborhoods.
    * Private Practice: This perk was granting the wrong title. This perk now grants "Private Practice" as it is supposed to.
    * Vanquished Kigatilik: Perk was set to individual player defeat rather than team which restricted who was awarded the kill and therefore the perk reward.
    * Vanquished Mechassassin: Perk was set to individual player defeat rather than team which restricted who was awarded the kill and therefore the perk reward. Perk was also looking for this critter but at a Cosmic villain level, which is incorrect. Both issues fixed.
    *We Are the Champions : Typo corrected. Kinetic is now Kinetik. Mission adjusted such that talking to Kinetik outside of the tutorial will count for the Perk.
    * PvP Perks : Turned on Progress flags on PvP perks that didn't already have it on. Players will now be able to view their progress.
    * Set PDA mission grant item for Numbers Game to be unique to avoid duplication.
    edited October 2009
    I've been checking the Steam achievements for possibilities and there's quite a few I haven't had any luck with actually unlocking. Maybe some of you guys have more luck with it:

Little Nook
    You've discovered a little nook!

Buried at Sea
    Examine a mysterious chest

Firewalker
    Jump into the volcano!

Hidden Treasure
    Find Capt. Hawkins HIdden Stash

Inside My Head
    Investigate the large skeleton in Rastrinifhar's Abyss

Hole In The Wall
    Find the secret cave in Well's Pass.

Torpedo Run
    Enter the Aegir's torpedo tube

Deep Impact
    Catch a flaming meteor

I'd rather be sailing
    Take a closer look at two sailboats.
    edited October 2009
    Fatbubba wrote:
    I've been checking the Steam achievements for possibilities and there's quite a few I haven't had any luck with actually unlocking. Maybe some of you guys have more luck with it:

Little Nook

Buried at Sea

Firewalker
    Jump into the volcano!

Hidden Treasure

Inside My Head
    Investigate the large skeleton in Rastrinifhar's Abyss

Hole In The Wall

Torpedo Run
    Enter the Aegir's torpedo tube

Deep Impact
    Catch a flaming meteor

I'd rather be sailing

Jumped into the Volcano several different ways, no luck there. Maybe from some special spot?

Went into both Torpedoes of the Aegis, nothing. Cherenkov has no externally accessible tubes.

The large skeleton is outside the map, unreachable.

Climbed all over every boat in MC, sailing or not, big and large. Nada.
    edited October 2009
    Maybe they ate Steam only?
    edited October 2009
    Deth wrote:
    Maybe they ate Steam only?

No, I don't think that is right. Especially since one of the perks is off the map.
    edited October 2009
    MacAllen wrote:
    Jumped into the Volcano several different ways, no luck there. Maybe from some special spot?

Went into both Torpedoes of the Aegis, nothing. Cherenkov has no externally accessible tubes.

The large skeleton is outside the map, unreachable.

Climbed all over every boat in MC, sailing or not, big and large. Nada.
    Tried it from a few different spots as well. Falling, jumping and what not. Couldn't try higher because of the map edge at the top

For the large skeleton you can touch its ribs higher up, but it didn't do anything for me either
    edited October 2009
    Little Nook

Works and is listed on the wiki

Buried at Sea

Been unable to find it.

Firewalker
    Jump into the volcano!

Done like you guys and jumped around like mad but no progress. Yet to try jumping into the volcano from outside the edge with a rocket boot character but doubt that will do any difference.

Hidden Treasure

Been unable to find it.

Hole In The Wall

Spent quite some time trying to find this one but cant find a single cave that is not tied to quests and neither of them trigger this perk

Deep Impact
    Catch a flaming meteor

Been trying to figure out how to do this one but no progress so far.

I'd rather be sailing

Also travelled over most of MI and MC trying to get this one but it wont register. There are several of them in MC and I have been on them, under them and inspected them from a distance...nothing. There is also a moving one that moves around in the docks area but its outside of reach and it never moves close enough.
    edited October 2009
    Hole in the Wall found thanks to Chris. Added it to wiki + coords
    edited October 2009
    Fatbubba wrote:
    Hole in the Wall found thanks to Chris. Added it to wiki + coords

Yeah, it really wasnt where you expected it to be. Its behind one of the huts in the area around Dr M's lab.
    edited October 2009
    Fatbubba wrote:

Deep Impact
    Catch a flaming meteor
    [ /QUOTE]

I stood under a falling rock debris on MI. Took fire damage, and didn't get the perk.
    I would really expect it to be that, and it wasn't.
    edited October 2009
    here's a few perks in Canada that some might have missed. Sorry if some are repeats ..the list here is long :P

The Beast Within : Chiyetah Bluff area where the highway ends at a boarded up tunnel. Interact with the boards for the perk.

Walk the Line : Literally walk the oil pipeline from the area near where the Hunter-Patriot Spies are to the first oil reservoir. I did not get this using SS with my one char and re did it just walking.

Transmit and Receive : Kill the Vipers guarding both large satellite dishes outside Project Awakening

Communication Breakdown : Disable the 3 flashing Satellite dishes at Project Awakening. 2 inside and one up the hill outside.

On Thin Ice : Enter the hole in the ice in Great Bear Lake
    edited October 2009
    here's a few perks in Canada that some might have missed. Sorry if some are repeats ..the list here is long :P

The Beast Within : Chiyetah Bluff area where the highway ends at a boarded up tunnel. Interact with the boards for the perk.

Walk the Line : Literally walk the oil pipeline from the area near where the Hunter-Patriot Spies are to the first oil reservoir. I did not get this using SS with my one char and re did it just walking.

Transmit and Receive : Kill the Vipers guarding both large satellite dishes outside Project Awakening

Communication Breakdown : Disable the 3 flashing Satellite dishes at Project Awakening. 2 inside and one up the hill outside.

On Thin Ice : Enter the hole in the ice in Great Bear Lake

These have already been added to the wiki.
    edited October 2009
    Fatbubba wrote:

Little Nook

http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Little_Nook

Shows a view looking out from the little nook, along with the coords, you should have no problem finding it.
    edited October 2009
    Monster Island Explorer and the various Cash Perks, are working/live.

Vanquish MechAssassin also works, but does not award Points.

~I
    edited October 2009
    IMoriarty wrote:
    Monster Island Explorer and the various Cash Perks, are working/live.

Vanquish MechAssassin also works, but does not award Points.

~I
    Yeah, but you need someone with the mechassassin quest active to actually get in right? :(
    edited October 2009
    Fatbubba wrote:
    Yeah, but you need someone with the mechassassin quest active to actually get in right? :(

Which is annoying, they should be able to check other perks/quests/lore completed and award you that which you are missing but should have already had.

Having to find someone with the quest to go back and get the perk is sloppy work on the Live Teams part.

edit: however I have no clue on what Cryptic is working on, so they can be working on retroactively giving us that which we should have had but are missing...no way to tell.
    edited October 2009
    Anyone know a rough estimate of how long it takes for the troll under the bridge to spawn?

Whats the longest wait for those who have got it?
    edited October 2009
    Fatbubba wrote:

Extremely annoying. Need someone with Eclipse's quest to get that lore, and ET Clone Home for those.

It's really poor design to a) bug lore so we can't get credit and then b) not let us in after we've done the quest.
    edited October 2009
    Livingston wrote:
    Anyone know a rough estimate of how long it takes for the troll under the bridge to spawn?

Whats the longest wait for those who have got it?

ive sat there for hours and havent seen it spawn
    edited October 2009
    Took about 20+ minutesfor it to spawn after I first got it (mentioned it to a friend who went there and waited directly after me).
    edited October 2009
    Took about 20+ minutesfor it to spawn after I first got it (mentioned it to a friend who went there and waited directly after me).
    Correct, I was waiting there for about 15 minutes + 5 minutes of me getting there
    edited October 2009
    TheVedis wrote:
    ive sat there for hours and havent seen it spawn

Woot! Just got it a few minutes ago.

I waited for it to spawn for about 40m mins the other day and nothing.

This time it was already there.

I seriously doubt I came along just as it spawned so server jumping might be a good idea to try and catch it.

BTW it's a level 7 red grondling for those interested. ^_^
    edited October 2009
    What Troll and Perk are you guys talking about?
    edited October 2009
    Billy Goats Bluff. You kill a troll (grondling) under the southern bridge in MacDonald park.
    edited October 2009
    Livingston wrote:
    Billy Goats Bluff. You kill a troll (grondling) under the southern bridge in MacDonald park.

In the Desert? Got a Loc?
    edited October 2009
    edited October 2009
    Notes of interest to Perks from the Mission and Content feedback thread:
    [*]Hiker's Horror - Mission deactivated due to bugs, still has not been reactivated. - Hiker's Horror will be coming back soon as an instance mission. No ETA yet.

[*]Who's the Fastest Gun in the West? - Missions seems to be MIA. There is no way to start it.- This was turned into the "Ascii Oakley" open mission. The perk will be fixed to be granted after defeating Ascii Oakley.
    Mostly for those who are still trying to find the two.
    edited October 2009
    I stumbled across a Heroic perk in Lemuria called "Aegir Rescue Diver" the other day. It was mentioned in this thread over a month ago it looks like but it's currently not listed in the wiki's Heroic Perks section. The mouse over text says "Defend the Aegir from Lemurian attack." It's worth 25 points

There is also another one called "Aegir Master Diver" which is a meta perk that says "Complete all of the Aegir Diver perks as well as all of the Lemuria exploration perks." This one is worth 100 points.
    edited October 2009
    Gage27 wrote:
    I stumbled across a Heroic perk in Lemuria called "Aegir Rescue Diver" the other day. It was mentioned in this thread over a month ago it looks like but it's currently not listed in the wiki's Heroic Perks section. The mouse over text says "Defend the Aegir from Lemurian attack." It's worth 25 points

There is also another one called "Aegir Master Diver" which is a meta perk that says "Complete all of the Aegir Diver perks as well as all of the Lemuria exploration perks." This one is worth 100 points.

Both are on the wiki, they just need to be added to that section.
    edited October 2009
    Notes of interest to Perks from the Mission and Content feedback thread:

Mostly for those who are still trying to find the two.

I did find the Hoarfrost The Best with in was happy for that and where they moved the Choppa..
    DT Building top Heloport 8316 748 -264

Horror and the Hemoglobin? wheres this one gone to I remember the lvl 24 beta part I flew over it today haven't seen it since what may early jun..nobody giving this one out what gives?

Gettin al lthe flak guns Great fun.. Desert the Little Nook mine.. 4th book of the Harrowing notso much..
    edited October 2009
    If it's of any interest.

There's a perk in a dumpster somewhere in Millenium City, I forgot where it was, but it involved me jumping into the opening of the trash can, waiting a second, then jumping back out. I found it during late closed beta. I'm not sure it still exists, but whenever you see an open dumpster, go ahead and try your luck.
    edited October 2009
    If it's of any interest.

There's a perk in a dumpster somewhere in Millenium City, I forgot where it was, but it involved me jumping into the opening of the trash can, waiting a second, then jumping back out. I found it during late closed beta. I'm not sure it still exists, but whenever you see an open dumpster, go ahead and try your luck.

"What's that Smell" is on the wiki.

~I
    edited October 2009
    SenshiBat wrote:
    I did find the Hoarfrost The Best with in was happy for that and where they moved the Choppa..
    DT Building top Heloport 8316 748 -264

Horror and the Hemoglobin? wheres this one gone to I remember the lvl 24 beta part I flew over it today haven't seen it since what may early jun..nobody giving this one out what gives?

Gettin al lthe flak guns Great fun.. Desert the Little Nook mine.. 4th book of the Harrowing notso much..

All of these are already on the wiki.
    edited October 2009
    I don't see a page for High Five yet.
    http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/139/hi501.jpg
    http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/1083/hi502.jpg

I jumped off the head, ran along the arm and jumped off the first finger. The statue was the one overlooking the Viper base in MC. 9845, 403, 373
    edited October 2009
    Tomazooma wrote:
    I don't see a page for High Five yet.
    http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/139/hi501.jpg
    http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/1083/hi502.jpg

I jumped off the head, ran along the arm and jumped off the first finger. The statue was the one overlooking the Viper base in MC. 9845, 403, 373

Added to the wiki. Thanks for the find.
    edited October 2009
    Kudos.... Good seeing new items.
    edited October 2009
    It should be noted that if any of you have the old version of Jurassic Perk (the one that talked about Teliosaurus), you will need to get it again for the proper version.