test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Perks - Missable Ones and Perks in General

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Lame, even after exploring the totem in Monster Island I am not getting the Feral Tangle perk, last one I need for the MI perk :(
    edited September 2009
    Hakkeshu wrote:
    Lame, even after exploring the totem in Monster Island I am not getting the Feral Tangle perk, last one I need for the MI perk :(

It's bugged, report it please :)
    edited September 2009
    Wow... I just managed to get the Adaware Perk. Let me tell you, it's not easy getting to the zombie billboard when you can only superjump. But I did it! So... yay! :D
    edited September 2009
    Heh, grats, so many perks you need to be able to high-jump or fly to get. Come on 35.
    edited September 2009
    Explore them.. I found two Perks Lore I missed all through Beta trying to squeeze xp in.

626 61 714 Queen beyond the pale [ in Abandon Research facility]
    1217 67 1690 Lore Fragment The menace of Mgatrraorr [ Lost Crates/munitions Vanderbilt mission arc]

So The Prison jar is the only one i ever found cause of level i did have the power to get the others.. cheers.
    I see the problem was the loc command wasent workign for me and is very tedious.. to think i cant get the des nook even with the coordinates. .says..man i over fly so much here.
    edited September 2009
    Does anybody know where the third respawn point is Downtown in Millennium City? I've searched for it high and low and have no idea where it could be!
    edited September 2009
    Orrah wrote:
    Does anybody know where the third respawn point is Downtown in Millennium City? I've searched for it high and low and have no idea where it could be!
    There's one at Harmond Industries Laboratory (flag on the map) near a Socrates terminal and there's one at the Magic Lantern Bookstore. The last one you should have already, it's at the jet.
    edited September 2009
    http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/File:Millennium_City_Map.png

This should help. I just have or mark the one spot by the Helipad.
    edited September 2009
    December wrote:
    I noticed jar #5 isn't on the wiki. It's stuck in a wall and I had to move around a little to get the interact button showing, but here it is...

On the roof of the prison:
    2976 287 -555

Is this one in Millenium city? or in the desert? where is this because if it is in MC I can't seem to get my character there and its frustrating enough grrr
    edited September 2009
    It's in Westside, Millennium City on the roof of the Prison.
    edited September 2009
    nvm got it, here screenshot. It is the green thing above him on the ledge to the right.

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/5790/jar.jpg
    edited September 2009
    SenshiBat wrote:
    Explore them.. I found two Perks Lore I missed all through Beta trying to squeeze xp in.

626 61 714 Queen beyond the pale [ in Abandon Research facility]
    1217 67 1690 Lore Fragment The menace of Mgatrraorr [ Lost Crates/munitions Vanderbilt mission arc]

So The Prison jar is the only one i ever found cause of level i did have the power to get the others.. cheers.
    I see the problem was the loc command wasent workign for me and is very tedious.. to think i cant get the des nook even with the coordinates. .says..man i over fly so much here.

Queen Beyond the Pale is actually -626 61 -714, it's one of the books of the Harrowing.
    The Lore Fragment is -1217 67 -1690.

The negatives are important. The coords you posted were for a tree, and a robot named Deadbeat :)
    edited September 2009
    I finally got Tower Assault.

I ended up having to kill all the VIPER around and in between the two towers west of Force Station Steelhead ( -2204 11 1878 & -2523 66 941)
    edited September 2009
    Cavrin wrote:

I ended up having to kill all the VIPER around and in between the two towers west of Force Station Steelhead ( -2204 11 1878 & -2523 66 941)

Gack.. Over there? I didn't think that area was even part of Rime Woods. Blegh... I've been clearing all of the VIPER spawns out of entirely the wrong spots trying to work on that then.

Thanks for posting that as you just saved me several more hours of mapping out all of the VIPER spawns north of Steelhead...
    edited September 2009
    Cavrin wrote:

I got it after having killed one of the Munitions Experts at the south tower.

I didn't clean out everything around that tower.
    edited September 2009
    Hythian wrote:
    Gack.. Over there? I didn't think that area was even part of Rime Woods. Blegh... I've been clearing all of the VIPER spawns out of entirely the wrong spots trying to work on that then.

The second tower is in Massasauga Hills. And it gave me the perk. The perk text writer didn't have a map clearly. :)
    edited September 2009
    Deadmanfloating found a few lore perks that weren't on the wiki. I will have to attempt to figure out which ones they were.
    edited September 2009
    Found a perk new to me tonight: "From Bad to Worse" - "Travel from the entrance to Eclipse's lair to Tilingkoot's altar."

25 Perk points.

~Ian
    edited September 2009
    IMoriarty wrote:
    Found a perk new to me tonight: "From Bad to Worse" - "Travel from the entrance to Eclipse's lair to Tilingkoot's altar."

25 Perk points.

~Ian

Can you provide more info? I've made that run many times and not gotten it. Coords to coords? Any particular route?
    edited September 2009
    Not sure, I picked it up leaving our Kigatilik raid, and was flying at Rank 3 Top Speed Rocket Boots towards Force Station Steelhead, so that's a lot of ground to cover. I've been up there before doing all the mission content in the past, so I'm not sure if I just missed some random marker point in the sky, or it's recently been activated.

Sadly, now that I've got it I can't test it anymore.

~I
    edited September 2009
    Hmm, when I got it during the CB, I also got it after having taken down Kigatilik.

It's not impossible that they tied it into that, but it's just as likely that you just need a spot close to him.
    edited September 2009
    Very noob of me but how do you display coordinates? Enough of the perks have coordinate locations listed that I must really be missing something obvious.
    edited September 2009
    Type /loc to see your current location.
    edited September 2009
    Hmm, when I got it during the CB, I also got it after having taken down Kigatilik.

It's not impossible that they tied it into that, but it's just as likely that you just need a spot close to him.

I've defeated him several times, I don't have it, so it's someplace near him. I thought that Tig's altar was the big thing to the north of Kig, is that not it?
    edited September 2009
    MacAllen wrote:
    I've defeated him several times, I don't have it, so it's someplace near him. I thought that Tig's altar was the big thing to the north of Kig, is that not it?

Any of the perks that involve traveling from point a to b involve visiting a series of invisible waypoints. One of them is near Kiga.
    edited September 2009
    Dardove wrote:
    Type /loc to see your current location.
    A more useful version is

/ShowCamPos 1

That will show the position of the camera (ie. your viewpoint) in the upper right of the screen. To turn it off use:

/ShowCamPos 0
    edited September 2009
    MacAllen wrote:

Tilingkoot's Altar is actually a much smaller alter to the south of Kiga down two land tiers where you fight Tilingkoot during a high 30's quest. Perhaps that helps?

~I
    edited September 2009
    A more useful version is

/ShowCamPos 1

That will show the position of the camera (ie. your viewpoint) in the upper right of the screen. To turn it off use:

/ShowCamPos 0

Thanks, works just like an addon I had back in WoW.
    edited September 2009
    IMoriarty wrote:
    Tilingkoot's Altar is actually a much smaller alter to the south of Kiga down two land tiers where you fight Tilingkoot during a high 30's quest. Perhaps that helps?

~I

I don't get credit flying/running anywhere around there. Not sure what it is.
    edited September 2009
    MacAllen wrote:
    I don't get credit flying/running anywhere around there. Not sure what it is.

That means you didn't get one or more of the waypoints for that perk.
    edited September 2009
    http://files.champions-online.com/img/customer_support_header.png

If you find it report it share share.. Its not poker you can show your cards.

I played over a million xp in CB and must have landed on the Huge Tree by the WS Prison many times and missed its Perks Sweet Spot Called "A Tree Grows in Westside" and Homage to a book called a tree grows in brooklyn. Dozens of players miss these simple things and some dont care for perks.. until a guide shows a path. Then "Hey, I am here anyway why not grab up this Perk?"

/loc 2529 208 -728

As the crow flies so if you borrough lots of luck .
    edited September 2009
    There is a pretty good guide in the form of the wiki.
    edited September 2009
    On the wiki it lists Buzzard as maybe not giving out his vanquished perk.

I killed him last night (9/24) and while the bounty hunter part updated I can confirm he gives no vanquished perk.

The entry makes a note about editing that out, but. Thought I'd post here first. :P
    edited September 2009
    Sarielle wrote:
    On the wiki it lists Buzzard as maybe not giving out his vanquished perk.

I killed him last night (9/24) and while the bounty hunter part updated I can confirm he gives no vanquished perk.

The entry makes a note about editing that out, but. Thought I'd post here first. :P

Yeah, it was on steam at one point. But I think part of the issue is that the other Villains for the Desert Bounty Hunter give out perks, why doesn't Buzzard, what's different about it, or is it a bug.
    edited September 2009
    Lohr wrote:
    Yeah, it was on steam at one point. But I think part of the issue is that the other Villains for the Desert Bounty Hunter give out perks, why doesn't Buzzard, what's different about it, or is it a bug.

Yah, the others have been updating just fine.

I was merely saying that I couldn't get the perk for vanquishing to show up either, and I tried again killing him a couple of times today.

Also...for the Rogue Gallery icons in the wiki. Did you just screenshot them in the perks list and then edit out the background? I noticed a few right off the bat that didn't have icons that I could add if that's the case.
    edited September 2009
    i'd really like to see a cryptic reply on when some of these perk related problems would be fixed D:
    edited September 2009
    Necro wrote:
    i'd really like to see a cryptic reply on when some of these perk related problems would be fixed D:

Not holding my breath. There are a lot of powers still un-nerfed :P

Heck, playing on my alt, I feel downright effective, so I know that won't be allowed to stand :)
    edited September 2009
    Necro wrote:

the other thread about messed up perks and such had a dev response stating it was being looked at
    but you can never expect a timeline because ANY bug requires actualy figuring out where the bug itself lies, in the code, and for those not familiar with what this requires, lets just say, alot more then a glance
    edited September 2009
    TheVedis wrote:
    the other thread about messed up perks and such had a dev response stating it was being looked at
    but you can never expect a timeline because ANY bug requires actualy figuring out where the bug itself lies, in the code, and for those not familiar with what this requires, lets just say, alot more then a glance

Hopefully though we should see at least some of the fixes on the test server next week. This is just going on my own assumptions though so don't quote me on that.
    edited September 2009
    Dardove wrote:
    Hopefully though we should see at least some of the fixes on the test server next week. This is just going on my own assumptions though so don't quote me on that.

i agree, and im sure its something they are gonna either ninja fix, or will just add in a general "certain perks have been fixed" comment for in some notes without telling us which

either way, im sure we will see them by at least blood moon(at least i hope)
    edited September 2009
    Dardove wrote:
    That means you didn't get one or more of the waypoints for that perk.

So this is tracked partially, Dar? I.e., if I hit one of the points, I get the perk but not completed? I don't have the perk at all, and I've buzzed all over both Eclipse and Tigg's places.
    edited September 2009
    MacAllen wrote:
    So this is tracked partially, Dar? I.e., if I hit one of the points, I get the perk but not completed? I don't have the perk at all, and I've buzzed all over both Eclipse and Tigg's places.

It does not show up as In Progress.
    edited September 2009
    Wow, I just entered Lemuria just now and got some of the ones priorly bugged because of the spawn point in Lemura. Lemuria Cartographer, Spawn Camper and Aeegir Master Diver. Did this just change just now serverside or something?
    edited September 2009
    Fatbubba wrote:
    Wow, I just entered Lemuria just now and got some of the ones priorly bugged because of the spawn point in Lemura. Lemuria Cartographer, Spawn Camper and Aeegir Master Diver. Did this just change just now serverside or something?

i got to check this out

as i said, ninja fixes!
    edited September 2009
    Fatbubba wrote:

I'm in Lemuria and still missing Undying Reef spawn point :(
    edited September 2009
    Weird though, it happened as soon as I left the sub
    edited September 2009
    Vanquished Escaped Qularr Swarmlord Defeat Escaped Qularr Swarmlord (Taken from Steam, has not been verified)

Recieved a mission from a citizen I rescued in the desert. This guy was the final objective of that mission.
    edited September 2009
    OdinTGE wrote:
    Vanquished Escaped Qularr Swarmlord Defeat Escaped Qularr Swarmlord (Taken from Steam, has not been verified)

Recieved a mission from a citizen I rescued in the desert. This guy was the final objective of that mission.

The Escaped Qularr Swamlord regularly shows up in UNITY Missions as well.

~I
    edited September 2009
    MacAllen wrote:
    I'm in Lemuria and still missing Undying Reef spawn point :(

I'm still missing it too.
    edited September 2009
    Did not defeat her because of level at time I over Flew this site.. near -696 112 -2384 You find the Oasis or
    Lady Purana a Demon Master Villain. Mentioned by Witchcraft after the Mine rescue and in the Dark Seraph note, North roughly near the map end. You should find a flat plain leadign to a rock arch and below an oasis.