Vanilla Forum Migration Status Update 6/22/15

pwlaughingtrendy
pwlaughingtrendy Posts: 2,034 Cryptic Developer
Hey everyone!

LaughingTrendy here! You might have noticed that the Vanilla forums are up and running and that our redirects now bring us here! Wooo! After soft-launching the Vanilla forums, there were a couple key concerns the team needed to work through. Now that those have been resolved, we’re opening up the forums officially! I will continue working hard to resolve issues that may pop up (and I appreciate everyone’s feedback and reporting of issues. Srsly). Thank you for your patience and understanding as we bring up the new forums for everyone.

~Morrigan AKA LaughingTrendy

Post edited by pwlaughingtrendy on

Comments

• primar13
    primar13 Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Great work!

I'm a Derp... didn't see where this was posted....

lalalala you saw nothing. :trollface:

My Suggestion Thread is here: http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1190586/macros-list-of-suggestions#latest
    Post edited by primar13 on

Directive 010 - Purple Company Commander
    Twitter Junkie
    #ItsAllMarcosFault
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 368 Arc User
    primar13 wrote: »
    Great work!

I'm a Derp... didn't see where this was posted....

lalalala you saw nothing. :trollface:
    I still can't tell where this is posted. The breadcrumbs at the top just say it's in the "Vanilla Forum Migration Bug Reports" forum but that's not listed as a category in the big list of categories? I'm confused.

Yesterday there was a pretty crazy blunder when all of the private admin forums were completely public for some hours (though it seemed like you had to jimmy the URLs a little). I'm still shocked something so amateur like that could happen after having a day of downtime for testing. Hopefully there wasn't much damage done to the various PWE communities out there.
  • pwlaughingtrendy
    pwlaughingtrendy Posts: 2,034 Cryptic Developer
    Yeah, we're not sure why there are cut accessibility. I'm wondering if it's something related to the localization, but the team is looking into it.
  • asterelle
    edited June 2015
    Actually I can see all the categories on mobile but not on my desktop browser. Weird.

Edit: The mobile page has a "Full Site" button the desktop one doesn't http://i.imgur.com/qYIsD9c.png
    Edit2: Is it fixed now? These catagories keep on appearing and disappearing...
  • katamaster81899
    katamaster81899 Posts: 869 Arc User
    Well, it's better than seeing the mod posts like I did yesterday :P.

Strumslinger had those down within ten minutes of me letting him know!

At any rate, it looks like the <center> tags are now broken as well, so we can't center stuff. I don't suppose you could look into enabling them again?
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    XB1 Thaumaturge PVE CW Build || NW_Legit_Community Moderator || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T

Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • eiledon
    eiledon Posts: 228 Arc User
    whats happened to the formatting? Rather than the useful sidebar, profile image, categories, discussion, activity, inbox now shown over the discussion. Also

test content
    Logo

Games
    Social
    Arc News
    Support
    Zen

What is the Arc Client?

Is listed above this and above breadcrumbs in plain text.
  • asterelle
    edited June 2015
    Yeah I think I liked the side nav bar a little better than this top one. Maybe they didn't like how the list of users browsing a particular category showed up with that?

With this new bar I don't see any way to unhide a category after you hide it through the gear menu.

Also Bookmarked discussions aren't rendered properly in the table. mK5kJC8.png
  • lewstelamon01
    lewstelamon01 Posts: 15,946 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Forum frame cuts off unexpectedly. I have to load the frame in its own tab to be able to see everything. Also, being a moderator for multiple ARC titles, I have no access to mod privileges as of yet.

ROLL TIDE ROLL
  • salacnar070890
    salacnar070890 Posts: 152 Arc User
    When trying to connect Facebook i get this error
    {
    "error": {
    "message": "Missing client_id parameter.",
    "type": "OAuthException",
    "code": 101
    }
    }
    Comptia A+ and Network+ Certified, Microsoft Certified Proffesional
    Original Join Date: October 22, 2009 During CBT of STO
    <a href="title-Flt. Admrl. Salacnar"></a><a href="http://perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1195098" target="_blank" rel="nofollow"><font color="#69CAFE">Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!</font></a>
  • f2pdrakron
    f2pdrakron Posts: 3,777 Arc User
    You forgot to put posting restrictions on the Tribble announcement forums
  • jcsww
    jcsww Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    Will we be getting our titles, like Career Officer back?

I know a few people having issues being able to login to the Vanilla forum. They get logged in but it doesn't seem to log them into the actual forum. I am not entirely sure how to explain it as I don't have that issue. I do know at least one of them is using Chrome.
    Reminder: Put something here!
  • lewstelamon01
    edited June 2015
    jcsww wrote: »

I know a few people having issues being able to login to the Vanilla forum. They get logged in but it doesn't seem to log them into the actual forum. I am not entirely sure how to explain it as I don't have that issue. I do know at least one of them is using Chrome.

From the OP (and as an aside, quotes need to be more clearly designated, they look like they blend into the post background)
    Because of the way our new single sign-in system works, the database of roles and titles you may have previously had will be pulling from one list across all our titles. We’re working to address this so no one loses previous privileges the best we can. This may take a few days, so stay tuned. To keep everyone updated, we’ll post when we think this is finalized. In the meantime, we’ll have this subforum set up in case you notice something amiss.

ROLL TIDE ROLL
  • gulberat
    gulberat Posts: 400 Arc User
    Thanks for all of the hard work! I notice that in the transition, some of the ease of use issues I pointed out in my Survival Tips thread have been addressed or at least somewhat mitigated. I'll be combing through that post later tonight to bring everything into line with the current forum setup. :)

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • jonathanlonehawk
    jonathanlonehawk Posts: 612 Arc User
    As you can see I can use BBCode in my post:

Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STO%20LCARS%20Sig-Andromeda.png
    If the KDF can get a Fleet D7 (that can be upgraded to a T5-U), the Feds should have a Fleet Exeter.

However, I cannot in my signature. I don't get the option on the page as you can see here:

ARCSIGPAGE.png

I also don't have any way to edit how many posts I can see at once nor where I can put my title (Career Officer). Hopefully this will shake out in a few days, but I'm worried my account may be damaged or flagged for some reason, as my free to play account can use BBCode in it's signature and seems fine. I'd appreciate any help on this matter, @pwlaughingtrendy or any other mod.

Thank you.
    [b]Still can't use BBCode for my signature, so I'm writing it out in each post... sad.[/b]
  • khamseenair
    khamseenair Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    We need a darker, or at least more obvious, background on quotes.

Also page numbers added to the bottom of threads and boards instead of solely being on the top of the page. Who designed this place to have buttons only at the top of the page, it's like we've gone back to the 90's. :tongue:

Edit: Woot, my 2000th post!

giphy.gif
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    Check my GitHub for details on STO forum themes: https://github.com/khamseen/PWEVan
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!</center>
  • jcsww
    jcsww Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »

From the OP (and as an aside, quotes need to be more clearly designated, they look like they blend into the post background)
    Because of the way our new single sign-in system works, the database of roles and titles you may have previously had will be pulling from one list across all our titles. We’re working to address this so no one loses previous privileges the best we can. This may take a few days, so stay tuned. To keep everyone updated, we’ll post when we think this is finalized. In the meantime, we’ll have this subforum set up in case you notice something amiss.

Thanks! I followed a link here from another thread so I didn't read the OP, figuring it would be the same as the one in the other thread.
    Reminder: Put something here!
  • gulberat
    I know this is pretty minor, but I noticed that some people's post counts imported, like mine, but others did not. Just thought I'd put that out there!

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • lewstelamon01
    gulberat wrote: »
    I know this is pretty minor, but I noticed that some people's post counts imported, like mine, but others did not. Just thought I'd put that out there!

I think it takes time to properly import one's post count. Also, I noticed that there are some posts that show up in my post history that aren't mine. Also, my PM box looked reeeeeally wonky.

ROLL TIDE ROLL
  • khamseenair

I had that issue, and when I made the post to mention it then refreshed the page my post count updated. So I'm guessing it'll happen for everyone once they make their first post after the migration completed.
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    Check my GitHub for details on STO forum themes: https://github.com/khamseen/PWEVan
  • gulberat
    edited June 2015

I think it takes time to properly import one's post count. Also, I noticed that there are some posts that show up in my post history that aren't mine. Also, my PM box looked reeeeeally wonky.

I also suspect that my post count imported because I was posting on here well before the migration. My account was already partway to merging before anybody actively started the process. I will check the PM box, but I can tell you that it works quite differently from vBulletin. Let me see if it's a design difference or if I am seeing any unexplained weirdness.

Also off to check my post history. The number LOOKS right for me, but I want to see if the same thing of posts that aren't mine happened, or if posting here before the migration saved me from that.

EDIT: Looked in the Inbox and mine looks like it has everything but is set up VERY differently. What did you see that was causing your issue?

• jonathanlonehawk
    jonathanlonehawk Posts: 612 Arc User
    Mine jumped from 17 to what it is now, so that may be taking a while to propagate through.
    [b]Still can't use BBCode for my signature, so I'm writing it out in each post... sad.[/b]
  • lewstelamon01

I also suspect that my post count imported because I was posting on here well before the migration. My account was already partway to merging before anybody actively started the process. I will check the PM box, but I can tell you that it works quite differently from vBulletin. Let me see if it's a design difference or if I am seeing any unexplained weirdness.

Also off to check my post history. The number LOOKS right for me, but I want to see if the same thing of posts that aren't mine happened, or if posting here before the migration saved me from that.

EDIT: Looked in the Inbox and mine looks like it has everything but is set up VERY differently. What did you see that was causing your issue?

There were parts of PM conversations that weren't even mine, and it had PMs that I thought were long since deleted (like, back when I first became a moderator for WOI about 4 years ago...)

ROLL TIDE ROLL
  • gulberat
    Hmm...do you think people forwarded your PM's that you didn't know about? The way the new setup works I think it looks for the same PM titles.

• guljarol
    guljarol Posts: 469 Arc User
    I had a conversation in my PM box that I wasn't a participant of, too. I skimmed through the first posts to confirm this, and then deleted it. It felt like reading others' letter, and I wanted no part of it.

• toiva
    toiva Posts: 2,606 Arc User
    Hmm...do you think people forwarded your PM's that you didn't know about? The way the new setup works I think it looks for the same PM titles.

I've noticed that among my PMs are what seems to be responses to other PMs from the same author on the same topic. It seems like more or less usual threads that several people took part in and now suddenly, I get to see everyone's posts in those threads.

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    I'm slightly worried about going through my PMs as it shows me as having 367 and this forum has it setup in such a messy way that, at least from the first few I've read, I'm not too certain how long it'd take for me to comb through everything.

Edit: Yay. Have a portion of my post count back... and now I feel kinda awkward since I haven't seen others with 5 digits around yet. :(
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • khamseenair
    edited June 2015
    Yeah on the topic of PMs, there is definitely something strange going on. It looks like any PM I've received with the same title that have been sent to others are now in my PM list.

For example, I once received an infraction for being a little vocal about something and I've now got a PM 'thread' with 963 posts in it going out to lots of different people who have received infractions. It includes all private correspondence between these people and the Mods who issued the original infraction.

And another, after the 'meet up' sessions Brandon held a few years back he sent out PMs with convention codes to claim the convention veteran title and Holo Leeta. I'm guessing those PMs all had the same title as that's now gone from a single message to me, into a thread with 34 messages. I can see all of Brandon's messages along with all replies sent to him.
    <center>Ciaran%20Sig.jpg
  • comrademoco
    comrademoco Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    opkossy wrote: »
    I'm slightly worried about going through my PMs as it shows me as having 367 and this forum has it setup in such a messy way that, at least from the first few I've read, I'm not too certain how long it'd take for me to comb through everything.

Edit: Yay. Have a portion of my post count back... and now I feel kinda awkward since I haven't seen others with 5 digits around yet. :(

Try looking at this post number count @opkossy perfectworld.vanillaforums.com/profile/405577/Archived%20Post

hehehehe

Edit: seems like @ tagging and links are really hard to tell...

I suggest making @ tagging and links be a different color slight blue would be ok... makes it easier to locate them...

• asterelle
    edited June 2015
    I'm actually surprised the post counts for STO were preserved. I'm wondering if we're going to get the same when the PWI forum will come online, we have an added complication of having several forum accounts tied to our arc account.
  • championshewolf
    championshewolf Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    going to have to be brutally honest; these forums are harsh on the eyes. Their format is going to induce eye strain badly, and the fact that it's difficult to tell when where the background ends and the forums begin only makes it worse, especially when trying to differentiate one poster from another.
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Compiled List of Bugs, Issues, and QOL Concerns for Champions Online
    TerraSig_zpsbssrlxmv.jpg
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

Categories