What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Holy Nerf to Plasmonic Leech Batman!!

Comments

• Options
    spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Honestly they need to change the rewards to be based on average run time so quickies like ISA and CCA don't get run as often.

Shortly afterwards, we'll be able to put 'PvE Queues' on the memorial plaque.
    tumblr_n1hmq4Xl7S1rzu2xzo2_400.gif
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    But it would still take teamwork and communication to complete IGA/KAGA/Hive Elite :smile:

You are too modest @taylor1701d. I have heard you almost did the latter solo this weekend! B)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    In anticipation of the leech console change i swapped it out for the temporal console that gives power levels to weapons/aux? and shields. I now run with more unbuffed power then before on my engineer and my Mat'Ha has achieved 125/77/75/78 goodness. This gives me full benefit from the over 75 power mod on my warp core to damage and allows me to get some nice aux crit goodness from the one aux->crtH + crtD console from a mission. Good times.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    If they would let me run those queus solo...

Ah, so that's what this is about?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    nimbull wrote: »
    In anticipation of the leech console change i swapped it out for the temporal console that gives power levels to weapons/aux? and shields. I now run with more unbuffed power then before on my engineer and my Mat'Ha has achieved 125/77/75/78 goodness. This gives me full benefit from the over 75 power mod on my warp core to damage and allows me to get some nice aux crit goodness from the one aux->crtH + crtD console from a mission. Good times.

and what else did you have to have to get power levels that high? i don't see that happening without some fair investment into the power section of the engineer portion of the skill tree at the very least​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    edited March 2017

and what else did you have to have to get power levels that high? i don't see that happening without some fair investment into the power section of the engineer portion of the skill tree at the very least​​

There's that, consoles, gear selection. Bio Neural gel packs +all power, romulan console +all power, borg console, etc. Pick the right gear and you can get some smoking power levels across the board. Especially when you can transfer Weapons -> other system, etc.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

What console is that, if I may ask?
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Temporal Disentanglement Suite - it gives, among other thing, a scaling +crit chance/severity depending on aux, up to 2.5%/10% respectively

yeah, not the biggest boost, but it's a free episode console, so that's probably why​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    meimeitoo wrote: »

I was wrong, it's weapons/shield power for the temporal console. Not aux. That aux came from the aux crit console.

Temporal -> http://sto.gamepedia.com/Temporal_Defense_Initiative_Armaments#Console_-_Universal_-_Chroniton_Drive_Actuator

Aux/Crit -> http://sto.gamepedia.com/Krenim_Temporal_Manipulation#Console_-_Science_-_Temporal_Disentanglement_Suite
  • Options
    themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    I'd rather use a Tholian sword vs Borg than a TR. Hacking things to death is more fun.

Why not use BOTH?

^This.

On all my characters I use some combination of TR-116b/Zeffie Shotgun and Tholian Crystalline Sword/Na'khul Assassin Plasma Blade.

Which combo I use is entirely character dependent, but it's a good time nonetheless.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • Options

I was wrong, it's weapons/shield power for the temporal console. Not aux. That aux came from the aux crit console.

Temporal -> http://sto.gamepedia.com/Temporal_Defense_Initiative_Armaments#Console_-_Universal_-_Chroniton_Drive_Actuator

Aux/Crit -> http://sto.gamepedia.com/Krenim_Temporal_Manipulation#Console_-_Science_-_Temporal_Disentanglement_Suite

Cool. Thx. I have both consoles Epic. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I'd rather use a Tholian sword vs Borg than a TR. Hacking things to death is more fun.
    Why not use BOTH?
    ^This.

On all my characters I use some combination of TR-116b/Zeffie Shotgun and Tholian Crystalline Sword/Na'khul Assassin Plasma Blade.

Which combo I use is entirely character dependent, but it's a good time nonetheless.
    Now I DO use shotguns on several characters. It's a nice weapon.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Why not use BOTH?
    ^This.

Best friend for HGE & DRSE. B)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEs8j4_hrUY
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    Why not use BOTH?
    ^This.

Best friend for HGE & DRSE. B)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEs8j4_hrUY

Nothing quite like blasting a Borg (or any enemy) with the shotgun and having the knockback send them flying, especially when they go flying off a cliff or, as happens on Defera, into a wall, UP the wall, and over the top.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • Options
    or in IGE, into the pool of boiling plasma goop in the boss room​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    But it would still take teamwork and communication to complete IGA/KAGA/Hive Elite :smile:

You are too modest @taylor1701d. I have heard you almost did the latter solo this weekend! B)

:mrgreen:
    Let's just say I had a very competent team who made look a little less foolish. :wink:
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options

Cool. Thx. I have both consoles Epic. :)

Same. :)
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2017
    Yeah...about that. Seems they stuck siphon on a 45 second global now. So with max aux, you are looking at just under 1/2 uptime. Seems plasmonic may still be needed...even with just the +6. Was looking forward to sticking that lightening bolt of death back in to my build too.

Ok, that does it. I'll test in Tribble, but if that's true, Spartan went completely overboard on nerfing all things drain in the name of "fun" and "balance". He went on a crusade to cripple drain builds to complete uselessness so there isn't any fun left in drain builds. No one ever complained about energy siphon or target subsystems which is rarely used as a boff ability in PvE or even PvP outside of the innate sci boat ones, and he went and swung his massive nerf bat and crippled them in different ways. Why the hell?!?!?!?

• Options
    edited March 2017
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Yeah...about that. Seems they stuck siphon on a 45 second global now. So with max aux, you are looking at just under 1/2 uptime. Seems plasmonic may still be needed...even with just the +6. Was looking forward to sticking that lightening bolt of death back in to my build too.

Ok, that does it. I'll test in Tribble, but if that's true, Spartan went completely overboard on nerfing all things drain in the name of "fun" and "balance". He went on a crusade to cripple drain builds to complete uselessness so there isn't any fun left in drain builds. No one ever complained about energy siphon or target subsystems which is rarely used as a boff ability in PvE or even PvP outside of the innate sci boat ones, and he went and swung his massive nerf bat and crippled them in different ways. Why the hell?!?!?!?

EDIT: Comment that might get me banned deleted.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    the devs didn't delete it; this forum's software is a PoS that routinely eats posts, but has gotten significantly worse in recent months​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    lucho80 wrote: »

Glad to hear this come out of the mouth of someone not me. :) Because I was beginning to think I was the only one. Seems all I'm hearing is, "We, the Elite, talked it over, and we're very happy with it!" Well, I'm not (neither part of the Elite, nor happy with it). A moderate nerf to Leech would have been acceptable; even a bigger one: capping it at +6, however, was absurd as it is; but to then think "Hmm, what more could ppl possibly be using to get their power levels back up? Ooo, Energy Siphon! Let me quickly go and kill that too!", that's just downright vindictive.

Meanwhile, the Elite is talking about how the rest of us should just go back to the 10% rule. Yeah, laugh it up, folks. But soon enough, when the full extent of Bort's desolation has become apparent to everyone, the vast majority of the playerbase will be stuck with having to overcome some very spiteful nerfs; and all because a certain someone didn't get his way last year.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    nephitisnephitis Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    Lots of discounts and sales right before the major nerfing goes live. lol
  • Options
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    According to @crypticspartan#0627 there will be a "significant time" before anything on Tribble right now goes life,

Oh? LOL. I thought it was happening this Thursday; not sure why I figured that, but that's what I thought somehow.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    well, they buffed leech a (very) small amount - it now stacks 10 times instead of 8 and additionally stacks with MACO Shield's Power Conduit Link once again​​

#LegalizeAwoo