Install Arc
Options

Delta Rising: Operations Pack

Comments

• Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    hravik wrote: »
    But how many people have three fleet ships, or lockbox ships, or whatever on a single character? And then also have those same ships used on another character? Granted some of my characters have more than one T5.5 ship, but none of them are duplicated on any other character.

I have 26 characters and all of them fly different ships...... :eek:
  • Options
    hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    valoreah wrote: »
    For real? Just about everyone I know in game has multiple fleet ships and lockbox ships and C-Store ships. 3 free upgrade tokens is nice, but nowhere near enough.

Read the rest of the post, because you know. Other stuff was said. It doesn't matter that the upgrade is account wide if none of my other characters use that exact same ship.
  • Options
    roninfelroninfel Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    jeyj13 wrote: »
    It actually does make sense if you consider that the upgrades you get are account wide (mentioned in the article explaining upgrading). If you use a token to upgrade a ship on your main toon, all of your alts should be able to upgrade that ship without paying. I would also assume that it is a typo on their part saying once per character, but who knows...

That works great if all your characters are the same race, but I have rom, fed and kdf on the same account and would love to use a token for each.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    But how many people have three fleet ships, or lockbox ships, or whatever on a single character? And then also have those same ships used on another character? Granted some of my characters have more than one T5.5 ship, but none of them are duplicated on any other character.
    I have two characters which use a Jem Bug. As Science is my favorite Class I have three characters using Vestas. The Sovereign is my favorite ship overall. I have two characters using Fleet versions. I have many characters who use different C-Store ships for different roles: PvP, ESFTs, etc.

I do not think multiple use is as uncommon as you seem to believe.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    I have two characters which use a Jem Bug. As Science is my favorite Class I have three characters using Vestas. The Sovereign is my favorite ship overall. I have two characters using Fleet versions. I have many characters who use different C-Store ships for different roles: PvP, ESFTs, etc.

I do not think multiple use is as uncommon as you seem to believe.

I have a fleet Amby, a fleet Sovvy, a fleet Nebula, a fleet Nova, Jem Dred, fleet Excelsior, fleet Defiant, a fleet Vorcha, and a fleet Gal-x. None of which I use on more than one character.

I do not think multiple use is as common as you seem to believe.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    There need to be faction specific packs. Those would sell like cupcakes.
    I can't justify spending 125$ on half of stuff I have no interest in and won't use.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    There need to be faction specific packs. Those would sell like cupcakes.
    I can't justify spending 125$ on half of stuff I have no interest in and won't use.

Sounds like a good idea.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    mrbucbuckmrbucbuck Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    What the Hell, Cryptic? Have PWE whipped you so bad that you have to do this to us?

For two KDF ships (or Romulan) we gotta fork out $125? No "Faction Specific" sets?

And people with the scam-box bugship get a free ride to T6?

Seriously, have you people lost your freaking minds?

WTF???? :mad::mad::mad:

Come to the Fed side....problem solved.....:D
  • Options
    switchngcswitchngc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014

And people with the scam-box bugship get a free ride to T6?

Per The Tier 5 Starship Upgrades Blog they only upgrade to T5U. (Assuming I read that correctly)
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited September 2014

I do not think multiple use is as common as you seem to believe.

Speaking personally I have the fleet Mogh on 5 characters :( and the Fleet Defiant on 2 :( However that said the upgrades dont bother me too much as I tend to concentrate on one particular character for a period of time until I think he/she has had enough "love" and then move to another. So they wont all be upgrade in one big bang.
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    switchngc wrote: »
    Per The Tier 5 Starship Upgrades Blog they only upgrade to T5U. (Assuming I read that correctly)

and earlier i recall them posting in the bug event blog that bugs would get a free upgrade to t6.
  • Options
    tigrovaya13akulatigrovaya13akula Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Not enough information (As usual/expected) is provided for this new "product" you are trying to promote for sale.

When a consumer wants to buy a new car, WE want to know the details IN ADVANCE, prior to purchasing: exact specifications; MPG; reliability; safety features; optional equipment; est. maintenance costs; time between maintenance checks; how often the oil/transmission fluid/power steering fluid/brake fluid needs to be changed; what kind of tires it uses/expected tread wear for normal driving conditions; etc.

When buying a new computer: EXACT performance details are provided; RAM; hard drive; CD-ROM/DVD-ROM/Blueray writable/re-writable; CPU specs; GPU specs; audio; graphics; etc.

Instead you just show us a few pictures & only give a brief synopsis, a VERY vague and general overview of what you want to sell; AND have the audacity that we pay for it without any "test-drive" option -- just a take it or leave it mentality with your marketing scheme.

Quick news flash PWE/Cryptic; you're NOT selling a Ferrari, a Corvette, an Aston Martin OR a Super computer. AKA a rich man's toy.

So, MUCH more details are needed to convince this prospective buyer to purchase what you want to sell.
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    and earlier i recall them posting in the bug event blog that bugs would get a free upgrade to t6.

Here's the quote;
    "With the release of Star Trek Online: Delta Rising, this starship (either from this run of the promotion or from previous runs) will be upgradeable to Tier 6 starship capabilities at no cost."

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/6007323-the-jem%27hadar-attack-ship-returns%21

Assuming that 5U is comparable to 6, then it could be a 5U upgrade.
  • Options
    tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    swamarian wrote: »
    Here's the quote;
    "With the release of Star Trek Online: Delta Rising, this starship (either from this run of the promotion or from previous runs) will be upgradeable to Tier 6 starship capabilities at no cost."

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/6007323-the-jem%27hadar-attack-ship-returns%21

Assuming that 5U is comparable to 6, then it could be a 5U upgrade.

i am curious if anyone scraped the rss on that when it was first published, so that almost looks like a backtrack as its written.
    in any event 'upgradeable to Tier 6 starship capabilities' sounds like 't6' no matter how slimey the words.
  • Options
    techstepman1techstepman1 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    those fed ships look wrong in many ways while the Klingon and romulan ones look awesome.
  • Options
    gespensterjaegergespensterjaeger Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    will the dela rising operations pack be on steam yes or no ? if no then im done
    If only they fix Cloaking bugg :( *new message BOOM decloacked.
  • Options
    antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    i am curious if anyone scraped the rss on that when it was first published, so that almost looks like a backtrack as its written.
    in any event 'upgradeable to Tier 6 starship capabilities' sounds like 't6' no matter how slimey the words.

They had doff packs to sell. Wouldn't want a little thing like its pending obsolescence getting in the way.

It seems its T5U like all the other lockboxes... which is indeed extremely slimy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • Options
    seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I would be curious about the difference between the romulan t6 singularity console compared to the t5 dderidex singularity console, and can either ship equip both?
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    This makes no sense. So it's three tokens for ONE character on an account?

Can't you make it three separate tokens claimed one by one on the characters we want? I don't need three tokens on one character, as I don't plan on using three T5U ships at the same time. I'd rather use the tokens on three characters, one for each, by upgrading their current ships.

Please consider changing this into three separate tokens, instead of a pack of three for just one character.

Since they're items, I would imagine they're not bound. They would then behave like the 30 Master Keys in the Legacy Pack, where you get them on the character that first claims the pack, but can then distribute them as you wish, or even sell them on the exchange.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited September 2014

No RSS, but the fifth post in the thread about the blog already mentioned the word "capability" being there very shortly after the blog went up.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    valoreah wrote: »
    The Federation never needed cloaks to fight the Borg or the Undine before. Why start now?

Possibly to avoid detection, for the chance of observation to gain technical data on their adversary, who knows!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    fletch57fletch57 Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    so you have to pay 129.00 to add delta rising to the game? lol,can't afford it anyway.I will do without it.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    fletch57 wrote: »
    so you have to pay 129.00 to add delta rising to the game? lol,can't afford it anyway.I will do without it.:rolleyes:

It's not Delta Rising, it's just to get all the ships and a few extra things in a massive bundle. It's not like WoW or DCUO where you gotta buy the DLC/Expansion.

ETA: You think there's any way we can reword it so that people would stop thinking that you're not buying the actual Expansion and that it's just stuff FOR the expansion once it comes out?
  • Options
    saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited September 2014

No. The expansion is free. The 129.00 is for a ship bundle pack for DR plus some other goodies.
  • Options
    rearllrearll Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Purchased.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    No. Delta Rising is free. If you want to buy all the new ships at a discount rather then at full price individually then you can buy the Pack, but it is not required.

I am getting LoR flashbacks here. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    noctusxxxnoctusxxx Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So I have a question.

Will they be expanding the total number of BOFF slots we can have now? Some of my toons are at max, and I really don't want to get rid of Boff's to use these new ones.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited September 2014

No you don't need to pay anything. 'Delta Rising' is a free expansion, as always in STO. When the time comes, the game will patch and you'll have full access to 'Delta Rising' regardless.

This is an items pack, a bundle of new stuff to be released with 'Delta Rising' if you will, that lets you reduce expenses if you want to have all those items. It's not required in order to gain access to the new expansion.
    HQroeLu.jpg