What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Network Maintenance (May 30, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• Options
    otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope you can actually fix the network problems this time round, but not exactly holding my breath.

Also, you keep saying that NW has nothing to with the problems, but please the explain, when NW goes down or has problems, do we, and I would asuume CO to, get problems.. Seems odd...
  • Options
    daemonhelddaemonheld Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tarrennis wrote: »
    How about fixing the mail system? My inbox is piling up with Item Sold On Exchange Emails and I can't delete any mail. Oh, and how about acknowledging that the email system limits have changed for the worse without notice or explanation. A lot of people are unhappy about this.

I understand the frustration, but a work around for the mail is to actually log into Champions, and delete them there. Stupid that you'd HAVE to log into a separate game to delete your mail, but.. it'll work.
  • Options
    tapal4tapal4 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daemonheld wrote: »

I understand the frustration, but a work around for the mail is to actually log into Champions, and delete them there. Stupid that you'd HAVE to log into a separate game to delete your mail, but.. it'll work.

BEST tip ever.

Thanks for this man.
  • Options
    pupibirdpupibird Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    3,5 h? come on...:(

(space for further hate, rage, bad language - if needed)
  • Options
    smiechosmiecho Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daemonheld wrote: »

What if I can't? (Not enough disk space, don't want to, anything else)
    Yeeeesss!!! I did it!!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Generic complaint about the fact that downtime is required

Protest over length of downtime

Preemptive complaint over the extended downtime.

Massive outrage over newly broken ______ (fill in the blank)

Frequent displays of impatience

Various demands for compensation

This concludes the thread in one post!

You forgot:

Those who stick their nose into comments of others and play the forum judge
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Yeah. Whatever.

These threads are always the same. Not playing forum judge, just 'speaking' from experience. One only has to look back a few pages to see for themselves.

I know what you mean sir, but isn't it better to come out and *** a bit than to shut up? If one day these pages remain empty - then it's time for cryptic to worry!
  • Options
    fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Take it down now, till tomorrow or something, fix what you can.
    Def fix the Rom MVA console that doesnt work on the paid Fleet version.
  • Options
    martin1970giesenmartin1970giesen Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, May 30th, for scheduled network maintenance. We are planning to conduct this maintenance at 6AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) and expect it to last for 3.5 hours. The test server may also be unavailable during this time.

As we're only conducting network maintenance, there are no patch notes.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team

didn't you said yesterday that you did this already ?? Let me look it up...
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=10445211&postcount=209
    Keybind: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9355971&postcount=463
    Bone1970 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
    Bone Trader don't belief in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
    Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng.
    Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
  • Options
    divvydenddivvydend Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It would be nice if, in the absence of the actual patches, we could at least be kept appraised of what the devs are actually doing to eradicate all of the bugs crawling around in the game.

I think we all accept the fact that there will be bugs, it would just be nice to know what the exterminator is doing instead of hearing that there is a road crew out there fixing the road so he can get his vehicle through to the infestation.
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fewzz wrote: »
    Take it down now, till tomorrow or something, fix what you can.
    Def fix the Rom MVA console that doesnt work on the paid Fleet version.

is not part of the problem the rom addon that's the cause for the server problems ? , well I blame them anyways :P
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    apacheone5565apacheone5565 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi if you guys are doing maintainence is there any patches for hailing cammand after a borg mission and repairing the lag that has been going on in the game.Since the new Romulus came out I have lag up to 4 seconds waiting for ship to turn or fire weapons.
    Its like the keyboard died.Just FYI I have a 35/35MB up/down connection.:(:(:(
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok thus is getting really annoying you may as well just take the game off line until you fix the servers and the bugs seriously end game is unplayable until the bugs are ironed out i won't be purchasing any zen to purchase the romulan ships but if its ot resolved soon my romulan will never make it past lvl 7 as the downtime is the only time i'm able to really play the game
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dennizenxdennizenx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maintenance periods provide time for essential bio-breaks.... feels so good. I just wish I had more time online to spend more money.

:eek:
  • Options
    lord7tareqlord7tareq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While the expansion itself is great, and a job well done, the amount of very obvious bugs and flat out missing stuff is staggering. I don't think I've ever seen an MMO expansion (or even a primary launch) launch in such a state.:(

Bugs I ran across playing my Romulan out the top of my head:

- Fleet uniforms terribly bugged.
    - Group targetting bugged.
    - Sound effects occasionally turning off.
    - Invisible torpedo's.
    - Several Romulan boff abilities have klingon visuals (i.e. Boarding Party launching Klingon shuttles).
    - Romulan boff's saying Klingon stuff like petaQ in missions.
    - Uniform customization bugged, various members of my crew have various uniform options missing.
    - Boff training bugged, impossible to train a boff ability from one boff to another asa Romulan.
    - Weird aliens and klingons contacting me from my own ship, even though I have spare Romulan boffs on my ship who are not in the away team.
    - My special featured episode bridge officers (i.e. the Reman boff from the romulan arc) have red Klingon beam-in/out animations.
    - When I toggle walk, my away team basically uses a teleport/shuffle like movement instead of walking as the same pace.

Flat out missing stuff:
    - No trophy customization on Romulan ships.
    - Fleet emblems don't show on Romulan ships.
    - Extremely limited base colour options for the warbirds.

And that is just out of the top of my head, there are many, many more.
  • Options
    blafiblafi Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    arakim5 wrote: »
    I am always amazed at player capacity, in that we can scream for bug fixes and at the same time complain about down time.

If you're amazed by that ask yourself this : What has been fixed in the downtimes that occured this week, apart from "server stability issues". Not a single thing.

As someone else posted somewhere, how much bolts does a serverrack need to be stable?

moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
    http://www.elitedefensestarfleet.com
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Agreed, just tiresome seeing the same complaints pop up, displaying that some people lack the ability to read back a few posts. It's always:

Person A: Bug X needs fixing!

Peson B: I want 2500 zen as compensation - cryptic ruined my life by taking the game offline for an hour

Person C: Bug X needs to be fixed!

Fence sitters... you gotta luv em :rolleyes:
  • Options
    revalahrevalah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just want to say thank you to the devs who are working to fix the issues with the game at the moment, and wish them good luck on untangling the spaghetti. Debugging has to be the most thankless job in programming, and I wish them well on this maintenance.

Personally the only issue that bothers me is the error on respeccing your character, but he game is perfectly playable even with that so I'm content to wait till it's fixed, which it eventually will be.

As for the haters, here's another game you can play while Cryptc is personally ruining your life by taking its game offline for a few hours.

outsidecj0.jpg
  • Options
    ewtasticewtastic Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im gonna guess its like this, Legacy of Romulus caused some memory leak or similar that forces cryptic to do "maintenance" daily. They are putting all their resources into it and point blank even refuses to listen to what bugs exist.

They shut off the ticket / bug report system because they simply arnt interested in fixing them.

No.. and with several hours of downtime every day with tons of gamebreaking bugs ingame. When will they give up you think? People are already stopping to play.
  • Options
    newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited May 2013
    ewtastic wrote: »
    Im gonna guess its like this, Legacy of Romulus caused some memory leak or similar that forces cryptic to do "maintenance" daily. They are putting all their resources into it and point blank even refuses to listen to what bugs exist.

They shut off the ticket / bug report system because they simply arnt interested in fixing them.

No.. and with several hours of downtime every day with tons of gamebreaking bugs ingame. When will they give up you think? People are already stopping to play.

Speaking of memory leak - I started to get it really bad this morning - 1.8 gb on the client and then it crashed.
  • Options
    krenzikkrenzik Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did they take a workshop on MMO management from former SWOTOR devs or members of the BGO development team?

I honestly expected one real patch during one of these daily maintenance shutdowns. But there's nothing but a Mirror event that's broken junk that's left untouched and a miriad of other issues.

If you think I"m wrong for feeling this way, please don't take it personally, we don't hate your dev husband, we're just frustrated this is the plan of attack to fix the inevitable glitches that come with an expansion of this scope.
  • Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hypl wrote: »
    Man, that inevitable bug fix update better be huge... :P

Yes ... The bugs are stacking up with not being able to delete mail as well as the Rom BO training issues when allied with KDF being top of the list.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When will there be a fix for buff abilities, since LoR, randomly and unpredictably targeting friendlies and deployables rather than yourself?
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sarovensaroven Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can you devs please fix the inability to delete mail?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    yazzukayazzuka Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    embarrassing:rolleyes: if i would do my job like these folks are doing it, i would be fired and maybe even shot . Most bugs are older then my kids and this ticket system ...o my word
    after that many years and years and years and years i would call it quits and sell the dang thing to EA so u may learn how to TRIBBLE your customers properly :mad:
  • Options
    arakim5arakim5 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, at least I get some sleep before the servers come back up. Pro-Tip: Sleep while the servers are down. I played STO at launch and was awake for 100% of the server up-time that first week. :)
  • Options
    niekostrousniekostrous Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ...and the whining begins...
    Thank you. Have a lovely day.
  • Options
    a30ta30t Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've cancelled my subscription. Enough is enough.
  • Options
    newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited May 2013
    ...and the whining begins...

really the amount of forum posts have dropped like 90% in the last week.

A week ago this thread would be at page 50 by now easy.
  • Options
    ericandrewrossericandrewross Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    arakim5 wrote: »
    I am always amazed at player capacity, in that we can scream for bug fixes and at the same time complain about down time.

they probably would not get complaints about down time if they actually FIXED things... but we have bugs and problems that go back over a year that they will never fix because TRIBBLE like this shows they really do not give a damn...

heck, not one single reply in this thread from Bran or anyone else from PWE shows they know they are wrong and things are screwed up and have no good answers.
    Vice Admiral Ross
    and others too numerous to name...
This discussion has been closed.