test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Shouldnt you get a ship slot when you buy a cstore ship?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Sorry but it seems odd.

I have always wondered and now theres so many cstore ships, why dont they come with a slot?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    This has had me ponder a few times...but then it hits me that Cryptic/PWE wants our money so selling 2 slots separately is more profitable.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Sorry but it seems odd.

I have always wondered and now theres so many cstore ships, why dont they come with a slot?

Well, then they wouldn't sell many Ship slots that way, would they? :confused:
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Sorry but it seems odd.

Because they can make more money by selling ship slots apart from the Ships.

And really, I don't mind that. Because with the game now free to play, and people converting from gold to silver status, they rely on the sale of the optional C-store items to generate the bulk of their revenue.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Since most C-Store ships tend to replace existing ships: +1s, there's not much point in keeping the existing ship. You don't need a Galaxy and Venture both sitting in your Shipyard, for example. Plus if you're Gold you have access to several free ship slots via Vet Rewards over time. I'm generally lucky if I use even 6 of my slots - and I think I have 12 or 13.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I always wondered why every new car I bought didn't come with a free parking space too.
    oh, spaceships.. yeah...spaceships...
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Cosmic_One wrote: »
    Since most C-Store ships tend to replace existing ships: +1s, there's not much point in keeping the existing ship. You don't need a Galaxy and Venture both sitting in your Shipyard, for example. Plus if you're Gold you have access to several free ship slots via Vet Rewards over time. I'm generally lucky if I use even 6 of my slots - and I think I have 12 or 13.

Speak for yourself 8D I keep every ship I get. I have reached a point where I level the entire way on cstore ships at this point.

One thing I do think should be included with any account wide ship unlock is a gold wall model of said ship.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    rayvenwing wrote: »
    Speak for yourself 8D I keep every ship I get. I have reached a point where I level the entire way on cstore ships at this point.
    I can level all the way on C-Store ships too, for all 3 Fed Classes. That doesn't mean I keep both my free and my +1 version of each ship. That's just a waste of space; and if someone wants to waste space there's a mechanic for dealing with that: buy more ship slots. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Oh I don't keep my free ones. In fact I don't even Puck them up so yahta has like 4 ship tokens laying around. I do hang on to my ships I leveled in. Call it nostalga.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    rayvenwing wrote: »
    One thing I do think should be included with any account wide ship unlock is a gold wall model of said ship.

Oh, yes...for all my preciousness to be proudly displayed. Wonderful RP conversation pieces for guests to my starship interior. :)