Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Network Maintenance (May 30, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• Options
    wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ewtastic wrote: »
    sigh, in the end it all falls on that Crypic has an incrediby inefficient way to handle developing and communications between different cells. Sounds like they arnt really buddies at work, more like they blame the other guys.

Cryptic is going to die.

Cryptic is dead, it was bought out by Pakled World remember???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • Options
    snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they are making a habit of shutting down the game everyday now after the lor expansion went live. hope there be a huge bug fix soon since its been geting very frustraiting for alot of the players who sent reports in and still havent seen any progress in bug fixing
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Point 1... no, actually it would not be pointless. At this point I could go to the forums on any day of the week and complain about tomorrows downtime, before one has been scheduled) and I would be right at least half the time.

In fact it would be a great time saver for me to write up some generic server downtime complaints in Word, then post them every so often so it does not get in the way of my SWTOR play time.

Point 2... The only reason I am bothering right now is because SWTOR is down for scheduled server maintenance for the first time in 3 or 4 weeks so I cannot play that right now.

Point 1... Just look for the words "General Server Stability in the patch notes... Ring the Funeral bells...

Point 2... Tor is becoming a lost cause, which is a shame, but aside from that , NW is going down in about 10 mins as well so theres just nothing left...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
  • Options
    anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When is this game going to get a separate saved tray layout per ship instead of per account? Each time you switch ships the tray messes up. Different ships require different layouts. Someone suggested not locking the tray but that doesn't help.

I am reluctant to buy new ships or even switch ships because I got tired of this issue.
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • Options
    druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    askray wrote: »
    Eve's daily downtime is just a reboot of the system. Patches do have on occasion longer downtimes.

How long does it take to reboot the system? For a personal computer, no more than 5 minutes, tops. For a server? I'd give it 15-30 minutes.

There is no excuse for multi-hour downtime, if the only maintenance is a server reboot. Especially when those multi-hour downtimes happen DAILY.

The downtime on a daily basis would be tolerable, if they actually FIXED something as well. Over a week since Legacy of Romulus launched, and we haven't gotten a single bug fix since. What did the staff at Cryptic do immediately following launch? Go on holiday. Go figure.
  • Options
    ericandrewrossericandrewross Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If its any consolation, I have been working on a bug patch for my girl friend for years :P

better be careful about that. Put too much time and effort in and you might actually consider getting the Wife expansion pack, which I have played for 14 years and found it is bugged almost as bad as STO...
    Vice Admiral Ross
    and others too numerous to name...
  • Options
    bulabajonesbulabajones Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ewtastic wrote: »
    sigh, in the end it all falls on that Crypic has an incrediby inefficient way to handle developing and communications between different cells. Sounds like they arnt really buddies at work, more like they blame the other guys.

Cryptic is going to die.

Once Cryptic is eventually closed and STO is cancelled due to their own business design, I hope that the next incarnation of a Star Trek MMO isn't headed by a bargain basement company.
    Patching 11 files, 0 KB/s
    SERVER NOT RESPONDING (362.32s)
    Patching 87 files, 160.08 KB/s

victorginsocv2_zpsjqzbzllh.png

• Options
    yazzukayazzuka Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    no, actually it would not be pointless. At this point I could go to the forums on any day of the week and complain about tomorrows downtime, before one has been scheduled) and I would be right at least half the time.

In fact it would be a great time saver for me to write up some generic server downtime complaints in Word, then post them every so often so it does not get in the way of my SWTOR play time.

The only reason I am bothering right now is because SWTOR is down for scheduled server maintenance for the first time in 3 or 4 weeks so I cannot play that right now.

Bioware may not be the best choise for making ur point here ;)
  • Options
    htmughosthtmughost Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    haha! brilliant :D
  • Options
    redpsirenredpsiren Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been playing this game for a long while now off and on but have recently come back to it in a big way because of the Legacy of Romulus expansion. Before it didn't really feel like Star Trek with only one and a half playable factions but it now really does the title justice and then some. Lots of other people I know feel the same way and are very excited to play it again or for the first time. It may have been a rough week due to the strain put on the servers by the increased numbers of people playing but that just means that there will be lots of new players and no, we will not all be scared off because of scheduled server maintenance or queues or whatever.

P.S. Am loving the new Klingon low level content!
  • Options
    hoovergkmmchoovergkmmc Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Someone already has the "generic down-time post" covered, but I screwed up and forgot to copy it and save it. Perhaps someone could be kind enough to post it again?
  • Options
    brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like how they're still begging us for some serious money in the face of these daily downtimes and all of these issues affecting the game. Why should anyone drop $124.99 on optional stuff for this game when Cryptic can't even keep the servers up longer than a day? Where would all of that money go? Would we see any return on that investment with game performance?

How about you fix these issues with 15% of the money you've gotten so far with the Legacy and Starter packs before begging for more?
    and we'll see you in-game!

Ha!
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    If its any consolation, I have been working on a bug patch for my girl friend for years

It's called chocolate, been out for centuries...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
  • Options
    ajma420ajma420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here, I'll make it easy to find ALL the bugs that need to be fixed. Here's a list of about 100

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=718231

You're telling me you can't fix ANY of these today? Wow. Just Wow.
    Light Speed! - No, light speed is too slow. We need LUDICROUS SPEED!

Ajma420 - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Federation
    Catherine The Great - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Empire
    Vladimir - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Rihannsu Empire
  • Options
    irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    druhin wrote: »
    How long does it take to reboot the system? For a personal computer, no more than 5 minutes, tops. For a server? I'd give it 15-30 minutes.

There is no excuse for multi-hour downtime, if the only maintenance is a server reboot. Especially when those multi-hour downtimes happen DAILY.

The downtime on a daily basis would be tolerable, if they actually FIXED something as well. Over a week since Legacy of Romulus launched, and we haven't gotten a single bug fix since. What did the staff at Cryptic do immediately following launch? Go on holiday. Go figure.

I hope you're not assuming PWE only has one server...
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Pakled World Entertainment: Looking for things to make STO go since 2011.

We have found it: General Server Stability. We are strong now...

'Nough said ppl...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    wolfpacknz wrote: »
    Pakled World Entertainment: Looking for things to make STO go since 2011.

We have found it: General Server Stability. We are strong now...

'Nough said ppl...

Comparing PWE to Pakled, while hilarious, is like comparing anyone who moans on here to the Ferengi...
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eamoncoo wrote: »
    And again with maintenance in daylight EU time. The amount of maintenance is starting to become a joke. Plus the fact its all been in EU time it makes one think if they care about the EU players?

And 3.5 hours, no less! I *knew* yesterday's cancellation was too good to be true: what they give with their right hand, they take away again the next day, with their left one.

And all for what?! To fix mail?! To fix the totally screwed up boff-system? To fix the tailor? No, just for a reboot, essentially.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    irwin109 wrote: »
    Comparing PWE to Pakled, while hilarious, is like comparing anyone who moans on here to the Ferengi...

I just compare the competence level... As for comparing people who moan about lack of service, product and constantly being put out of game due to maintenance to a race who are just out to do nothing more then make profit really makes no sense at all dude....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
  • Options
    ajma420ajma420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think we've actually gone backwards since LoR as far as glitches.

INVISIBLE HY PLASMA TORPEDOES ARE BACK.
    Light Speed! - No, light speed is too slow. We need LUDICROUS SPEED!

Ajma420 - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Federation
    Catherine The Great - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Empire
    Vladimir - Lv 50 Tac - Pride of the Rihannsu Empire
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ajma420 wrote: »
    I think we've actually gone backwards since LoR as far as glitches.

INVISIBLE HY PLASMA TORPEDOES ARE BACK.

Your kidding??? *Facepalm...*

Need anyone say more???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
  • Options
    dennizenxdennizenx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok quick survey time here - how many people only ever come to the forums in order to whine about the servers being down - but when the servers are up, you never bother? Let's see those hands...

I only EVER come here when the server is down... its as close as I can get to my ship and gear :/.

~Keep on Trollin' Y'All
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Your kidding??? *Facepalm...*

Need anyone say more???

use the force :cool:
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I just compare the competence level... As for comparing people who moan about lack of service, product and constantly being put out of game due to maintenance to a race who are just out to do nothing more then make profit really makes no sense at all dude....

It makes perfect sense
    Ferengi: "I'm not maximizing my profit because of Starfleet"
    Player/Moaner: "I'm not maximizing my play time because of PWE/Downtime"

EDIT: Oh and of course the hilarious fact that no one but them take themselves seriously.
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

• Options
    denorialdenorial Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Shards my butt! Sounds like the full entity needs an overhaul.
  • Options
    doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    And 3.5 hours, no less! I *knew* yesterday's cancellation was too good to be true: what they give with their right hand, they take away again the next day, with their left one.

And all for what?! To fix mail?! To fix the totally screwed up boff-system? To fix the tailor? No, just for a reboot, essentially.

Yesterdays cancellation was a result of an emergency maintenance which happened a few hours before the planed maintenance yesterday.

The sad part here is general server stability updates network fixes but yet the Game has so much bugs which need to be fixed. I feel like i m back to the early days of Star Trek online. Unplayable bugged game with the difference i don't pay a monthly sub anymore.

How hard can it be to take the servers down for half a day or even a day and fix all this broken mechanics. I can't respec, i can barely stay in an Game without getting auto warped out after 5 seconds. I got about 2000+ mails which needs to be deleted. Now i m back where i have to click with the mouse on my skills 3 - 10 times before it regonizes i actually want to use that skill....

LAGacy of Romulus continues.
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    denorial wrote: »
    Shards my butt!

now that's an image :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    denorial wrote: »
    Shards my butt! Sounds like the full entity needs an overhaul.

shards my butt. lawl

*flush
  • Options
    mn03mn03 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic should really give a explanation what the TRIBBLE is happening and what they are doing to solve the problem. These daily 100MB patches are fun, but for us players it seems to solve nothing.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mn03 wrote: »
    Cryptic should really give a explanation what the TRIBBLE is happening and what they are doing to solve the problem. These daily 100MB patches are fun, but for us players it seems to solve nothing.

sure my ISP pays cryptic on the side brah
This discussion has been closed.