test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bridge Interiors Officer placement problem.

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited March 2012 in Federation Discussion
I have noticed that the officer placement in the ship bridges are wrong.

For one thing. You have the engineers set at the Ops and Conn stations. Why not make a new position for Operations Officers and put them there.

First officers aren't in the right place either. On most ships they have their own seat. On the TOS enterprise bridge, you have the first officer WAY over by the viewscreen by the engineering console.

What about medical officers? Why is there a medical officer on my bridge when he should be down in sickbay.

Engineers,They should be in engineering, not looking over my shoulder on the bridge.

FIX IT!!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    MLEdelen wrote: »

For one thing. You have the engineers set at the Ops and Conn stations. Why not make a new position for Operations Officers and put them there.

First officers aren't in the right place either. On most ships they have their own seat. On the TOS enterprise bridge, you have the first officer WAY over by the viewscreen by the engineering console.

What about medical officers? Why is there a medical officer on my bridge when he should be down in sickbay.

Engineers,They should be in engineering, not looking over my shoulder on the bridge.

FIX IT!!!!

its the way the game has things set up for BO's, since the game only denotes them by "career" and not "profession. some of those are correct.

Look at the Doff sections. OPs falls under engineering in STO, so a yellow BO is in the right spot. Conn officers are redshirts though, meaning that one is incorrect.

as for Medical/Engineering people on the bridge, i seem to recall geordi and scotty on the bridge a lot at their own consoles, just as much as being in engineering. medical is just hanging around like bones on the enterprise, there in case they happen to be needed, or are bored. Also, Science is blue too, so the game just stuffs a blue shirt there.

as for the First officers, they made those things after they designed most the bridges so they didnt think about adding in a seat for them sicne your captains the focus.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I will say this, I like the TOS bridge and interior and I like the DS9 interior.

Why can't they make ALL the current interiors look at good. I mean, in the current default interiors (the ones that you don't have to buy) the ceilings are 2 stories tall and the hallways are way to wide.

They need to redesign the bridges and interiors to do as well as the TOS and DS9 as far as scale atleast.

I also hope they do a TNG Enterprise - D style interior bundle, and a voyager one wouldn't hurt either.

Ok, Ok, Ok....even thou the show sucked...An Enterprise Interior as well.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    The advantage of LCAR was any panel could be any station. For movie making reasons they had them in designated stations for the audience to understand and because the panels were simply props and couldn't flip from 'engineering' to 'tactical' without swapping the panel prop plexiglass. Despite various episodes explaining LCARS could boot up whatever station you wanted it to be.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    The biggest problem I've seen on my bridge so far is that sometimes the person sitting at the left hand helm console will be sitting halfway into the floor, so they're only visible from the waist up.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I will say this, I like the TOS bridge and interior and I like the DS9 interior.

Why can't they make ALL the current interiors look at good. I mean, in the current default interiors (the ones that you don't have to buy) the ceilings are 2 stories tall and the hallways are way to wide.

They need to redesign the bridges and interiors to do as well as the TOS and DS9 as far as scale atleast.

I also hope they do a TNG Enterprise - D style interior bundle, and a voyager one wouldn't hurt either.

Not sure if it's just because I went with Cruisers or what, but my Tier 2 cruiser had an internal look called "Classic" that I could buy for 1000 EC that looked almost exactly like the Galaxy Bridge if you ripped out the chairs Riker and Troi sat in.

Still, if we're talking about bridge sets we'd like to see I wouldn't mind one that borrows the look and feel of the Constitution/Miranda/Excelsior bridges from the TOS-era post WoK.
  • Options
    edited February 2012

If you buy the "Galaxy BridgeVariants (3)" from the cash shop for 320 Cryptic Points then you get the Justice, Order, and Triumph Bridges each of which is heavily based on the main bridge layout of the Galaxy Class Starship as seen in Star Trek the Next Generation. Also I am not certain, but I think that the Intrepid Bridge Variants Pack is based off of the bridge of the Voyager, but I could be mistaken.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Can't speak for other ships, but most TNG ships had positions for every department head on the Bridge. Hell, even the Defiant had a medical slot for bashir! Only in TOS were their some problems. But I believe the First officer being on the far left of the bridge was because usually a department head took a double role in TOS, whereas First Officer and department heads were seperated down the line.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    If you buy the "Galaxy BridgeVariants (3)" from the cash shop for 320 Cryptic Points then you get the Justice, Order, and Triumph Bridges each of which is heavily based on the main bridge layout of the Galaxy Class Starship as seen in Star Trek the Next Generation. Also I am not certain, but I think that the Intrepid Bridge Variants Pack is based off of the bridge of the Voyager, but I could be mistaken.

It isn't. It's a nice interior, but it has no relation to Voyager or the bridge often identified with the Intrepid Class. It's definitely a different take on the standard bridge though, a bit refreshing.

http://www.stowiki.org/Bridge
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    diotw wrote:
    The biggest problem I've seen on my bridge so far is that sometimes the person sitting at the left hand helm console will be sitting halfway into the floor, so they're only visible from the waist up.

This is my biggest complaint with the bridges as well at the moment

Followed closely by the fact most of the bridge officers float above their seats. If they can sort these 2 issues then work out where everyone sits that would be great
  • Options
    edited March 2012

FIX IT!!!!

We should be able costumize the BO seating ourself. And, for RP, to remove BOs entirely.
    Until that feature, requestet since beta, isnt there, Bridges even fail at tha vanity use they are supposed to have.

The Intrepit bridge (just like the defaint bridge pack) pack is based on unused concept design to my knowledge. However it does not look at all like the Voyager Bridge (just like the Defaint bridge pack doesnt reall relfect the anything really close to the Defaint bridge. Good thing I have the Belfast now).

But there are free bridges that at least come close to the Intrepit for sci ships only.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    count23 wrote: »
    Can't speak for other ships, but most TNG ships had positions for every department head on the Bridge. Hell, even the Defiant had a medical slot for bashir! Only in TOS were their some problems. But I believe the First officer being on the far left of the bridge was because usually a department head took a double role in TOS, whereas First Officer and department heads were seperated down the line.

The only First Officer we really saw in TOS was Spock. For all we know, everyone else had separate #1s from the dept. head hierarchy. Heck, what was "Number One's" (M. Barrett) dept. in the Cage / Menagerie?

Now, on my TOS bridge, I've noticed a pattern. My two Ops BOffs take helm (conn) and navigation (ops). Science officers take the left by viewscreen (where Chekov sits in the movies as gunner) and Spock's slot. Tacticals get front right by viewscreen and communications.

What bugs me is that the seats aren't slotted to the department roles. I'd love it if my Chief Engie got the left side, just in front of turbolift (Scotty's seat), CMO got the seat in front of him, Security officer get's the gunner's station (by viewscreen), Ops gets Navigation, Tactical helm, and CSO Spock's seat. That leaves Comms, and 2 stations between science and the right side of viewscreen for my First and counselor...