Discovery Uniforms giveaway inbound...
GrWzQke.png
Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
----> Contact Customer Support <----
Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Well it was bound to happen sooner or later.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    And a Galaxy interior - for 2000 Zen pig-16.gifpig-24.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    Also, the uniforms are already available despite the blog saying it's starting tomorrow.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »

And it's not a pack. No additional weapons, or shuttles, or uniforms like in the DS9 and TOS pack. That price is a little bit excessive.

Anyway thanks for the free Discovery uniforms. I hope Cryptic has some additional surprises planned for when the show premiers on Netflix, like the USS Shenzhou, Europa or even Discovery :D Can't wait.
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Can the intrepid interior also be put on sale as a standalone for 2,000 zen for those of us with no way to purchase it, please?
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    szim wrote: »

And it's not a pack. No additional weapons, or shuttles, or uniforms like in the DS9 and TOS pack. That price is a little bit excessive.

Anyway thanks for the free Discovery uniforms. I hope Cryptic has some additional surprises planned for when the show premiers on Netflix, like the USS Shenzhou, Europa or even Discovery :D Can't wait.
    I bought the Galaxy pack during last 20% off sale, I kind of wish it was added to that pack.

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Can the intrepid interior also be put on sale as a standalone for 2,000 zen for those of us with no way to purchase it, please?
    I think they may consider it if this one is successful.

On the other hand, I find it very pricey and if it's a success it may encourage them to sell other bridges at the same kind of prices.

But at least, the Galaxy bridge's price is justified because it comes with the cool amenities like exchange, personal bank and the long-forgotten trophy room!

Right, devs?

...Right?
    #TASforSTO
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User

As someone who already purchased the Galaxy interiors I have to say I'm a little annoyed.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User

Well, I guess I now know my answer to the question I asked back in late June, "So, How long until we get this uniform?"

The thread I created on it quickly went off topic (go figure) and interestingly, you had to close it. So I find it a bit funny that I ask the question, although somewhere else, and you end up answering it. :p
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    mez83mez83 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    I'm looking forward to playing with the new uniform but 2000 Zen seems pretty steep for a bridge pack
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    if we are getting uniforms I bet we are getting ships as well
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Also, the uniforms are already available despite the blog saying it's starting tomorrow.
    What blog says it's starting tomorrow?

Not this one at least:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10645474
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    2000 Zen for the Bridge ALONE? Dang it... I was hoping to get a Type 6 shuttle and Dr. Crusher's lab coat.
    latest?cb=20141029194942
    Oh well... at least its not tied to any Galaxy class ships. I have said my Zen is ready, so I guess I'll follow through. Maybe even get the TNG Romulan outfit or something while I'm at it.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited September 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

Kidding. ( Or am I? * shifty eyes *)

Anyways, surprised they didn't toss them into a lockbox.

Wait. I only play KDF so I don't really care for those uniforms (I don't really find them nice anyway). But if we ever get the new Klingon uniforms no doubt they will be from a lockbox, or lobi store. Even if I hate the new Klingons I would buy the uniform just to get something new. When was the last time we got something? The Kelvin uniform (lobi).
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    Very nice :)

Not sure if I'll be wearing it much as I prefer the First Contact uniforms as regular ones, but it's still nice. Maybe it'll grow on me, having more options and for free is always a good thing either way.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    warpangel wrote: »
    What blog says it's starting tomorrow?

Not this one at least:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10645474
    It was this one before they fixed it. A bit hastily too, since the size of the font is now smaller than the rest of the blogs.
    #TASforSTO
  • Options
    awlaforgeawlaforge Member Posts: 235 Arc User

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

Kidding. ( Or am I? * shifty eyes *)

Anyways, surprised they didn't toss them into a lockbox.

Frankly given a choice, I would have preferred the Kelvin timeline uniforms be given away (completely, yes we got the admiral uniform) over the "Star Trek" Discovery uniforms.

• Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    nikephorus wrote: »

As someone who already purchased the Galaxy interiors I have to say I'm a little annoyed.

But you didn't buy the Galaxy interior. (Tongue-in-cheek I did as well). 2000 zen for one bridge with nothing else is a bit much. Its a sign they are really proud of that bridge as no other single bridge cost the price of a ship.

• Options
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    now we need color codes for uniforms

Agreed. Cryptic, make it happen.
  • Options
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    now we need color codes for uniforms
    I agree, and maybe improve the current color selection of because no matter which blue I'm choosing, it's either too turquoise or purplish compared to the promo shots.
    #TASforSTO
  • Options
    centurian821centurian821 Member Posts: 274 Arc User

Can I get Mod or Dev confirmation on this? I'm not inclined to believe forum users.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    awlaforge wrote: »
    nikephorus wrote: »

But you didn't buy the Galaxy interior. (Tongue-in-cheek I did as well). 2000 zen for one bridge with nothing else is a bit much. Its a sign they are really proud of that bridge as no other single bridge cost the price of a ship.
    Or that they've read one or more of the many threads here where people beg them to make canon interiors and promise to pay ship prices for them... ;)

EDIT: Here's chance for those people to put their money where their mouth is.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    It is 2,000 Zen. Check the C-Store.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options

Can I get Mod or Dev confirmation on this? I'm not inclined to believe forum users.

I think the front page story should suffice as "mod or dev confirmation".

• Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User

Would you believe the official blog? It's right there at the bottom.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User

Doesn't come with pants. Can't mix and match the badges with other uniforms.

Also, the half collar looks stupid - IMO. Can't blame the Devs for this one. Gersha Phillips designed these uniforms for the show.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    centurian821centurian821 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    awlaforge wrote: »

I think the front page story should suffice as "mod or dev confirmation".
    anodynes wrote: »

Would you believe the official blog? It's right there at the bottom.

Well would you look at that. I missed the fine print on one of three front page stories... -_-
  • Options
    claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Its missing the ensign uniform parts... rank badges, that is shown in the pictures
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"