test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek: Discovery Uniforms

Comments

• themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    The show may turn out to be utter drek, but the uniforms are snazzy as hell.

LzOHa1C.jpg

To be fair, a majestic kitty like that could make almost anything look sharp.

Damn straight.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,782 Arc User

LzOHa1C.jpg

I'm thinking of trying to use white where all of the black is to see how that looks.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    briandusel wrote: »
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    Thanks for the freebie. Boo! for placing what should be a free update to Galaxy owners behind a 2000 Zen paywall. Yeah I think you should hav edone this the other way around with the Glaxy bridge being the freebie and Discovery uniforms behind the paywall. After CBS needs every dime it can get to pay for Discovery and repay Netflix for thier investment.

The show is what Netflix paid for. There is no repayment to them. Netflix having the distribution rights outside the U.S. that is all they paid for, but they paid quite a bit, so hopefully the reception of fans will be good. But one thing I like to remember is that most the ST series don't get great until S2 or after. Think of TNG, S3 is when it picked up. S4 for DS9, S2 for Enterprise or Voyager. So, don't instant hate if you don't like the Pilot.

I fear for the Star Trek universe. So much backpedaling on CBS's part over this show. The whole Klingon thing for one... First No they aren't Klingon but another race... Then yes they are Klingons... Now oh they are an ancient house flying around in a 400 year old ship covered in coffins... In other words we got caught rehanded lying about things rewrote things. We got to cover our butt but it doesn't matter anyway because Trekies are dumb and will watch anything with the name Star Trek slapped on just like the Star Wars fanbois.
    Post edited by ssbn655 on
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    for those who want skirts, you have to mod the colors some
    25sx11d.jpg
    10mlxy0.jpg

u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    I was thinking that perhaps the new Klingon costumes will appear in game as time goes by.
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    bet we will get the new look for the Klingons as well
    Not to go all @patrickngo here, but the last time Klingons got a costume added to the C-store, the level cap was 40.

If they do a Discovery Lockbox, then you might see something in the Lobi store. It seems unlikely we'll see Romulans in the first season of Star Trek: Discovery, so maybe Cryptic will release the missing parts of the Tal'shiar uniform instead.
  • sophia#6343 sophia Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    Thank you for the Discovery uniforms. They're lovely. <3
    “The louder he talked of his honor, the faster we counted our spoons.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

LzOHa1C.jpg

I'm thinking of trying to use white where all of the black is to see how that looks.

I went for it as an experiment.

XtsWSOy.jpg

Unfortunately, this is one of those uniforms where "white" actually means "gray" due to the fabric texturing. This is in Earth Spacedock lighting, which provides the most vivid image of the color.

Still didn't help.

I did not save it.

Didn't like it and switched back.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    ltminns wrote: »
    Probably not on the Romulans as there is supposed to be no physical/visual interaction with Romulans until TOS 'Balance of Terror'.

As we concluded on the last page thishas since been retcond by ENT. Both Vulcans and Andorians are well aware of the Romulans and a pitch battle (I.e. not fought over radio as TOS claimed) will leave bodies and computer records along the way.

Plus Pike is well aware of Romulans as he recognises Nero as one and can apparently contact Romulan Command and Uhura can speak all three dialects of Romulan and distinguish it from Vulcan. True this is after the timeline split but the KTs past is based on ENT and not on TOS' past BEY makes that very clear.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    I once joked about making a blog post about the problems of canonizing TOS :p So many inconsistencies, and I'm not even talking about things later retconned. Sure, you can handwave them, but...more than a little awkward to try to explain some of the stupidity in the TOS plots.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    I once joked about making a blog post about the problems of canonizing TOS :p So many inconsistencies, and I'm not even talking about things later retconned. Sure, you can handwave them, but...more than a little awkward to try to explain some of the stupidity in the TOS plots.

Oh yes, Star Trek would be much smoother if we removed TOS from canon pig-2.gifpig-6.gif.​​
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    Probably not on the Romulans as there is supposed to be no physical/visual interaction with Romulans until TOS 'Balance of Terror'.

As we concluded on the last page thishas since been retcond by ENT. Both Vulcans and Andorians are well aware of the Romulans and a pitch battle (I.e. not fought over radio as TOS claimed) will leave bodies and computer records along the way.

I believe the communication was supposed to be audio only, not the entire war fought over radio (that would never make sense).
    Plus Pike is well aware of Romulans as he recognises Nero as one and can apparently contact Romulan Command and Uhura can speak all three dialects of Romulan and distinguish it from Vulcan. True this is after the timeline split but the KTs past is based on ENT and not on TOS' past BEY makes that very clear.

While they were not identified as such on screen, the entire bridge crew of the USS Kelvin saw a Romulan just before the ship was destroyed. This could easily explain this.

Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,446 Arc User
    Romulans didn't leave bodies behind during the war thanks to their habit of maintaining one nuclear weapon to scuttle the ship. Recall from "Balance of Terror", when Kirk offers to take the survivors of the Romulan vessel aboard, the Commander replies, "No, that is not our way," and activates the self-destruct. After it goes off, there's nothing left but dust and fragments. That was apparently the standard Romulan reply to being too damaged to either fight or flee - destroy yourselves, to deny information to the enemy.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @evilmark444 said:
    > artan42 wrote: »
    >
    > ltminns wrote: »
    >
    > Probably not on the Romulans as there is supposed to be no physical/visual interaction with Romulans until TOS 'Balance of Terror'.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > As we concluded on the last page thishas since been retcond by ENT. Both Vulcans and Andorians are well aware of the Romulans and a pitch battle (I.e. not fought over radio as TOS claimed) will leave bodies and computer records along the way.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I believe the communication was supposed to be audio only, not the entire war fought over radio (that would never make sense).
    > artan42 wrote: »
    >
    > Plus Pike is well aware of Romulans as he recognises Nero as one and can apparently contact Romulan Command and Uhura can speak all three dialects of Romulan and distinguish it from Vulcan. True this is after the timeline split but the KTs past is based on ENT and not on TOS' past BEY makes that very clear.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > While they were not identified as such on screen, the entire bridge crew of the USS Kelvin saw a Romulan just before the ship was destroyed. This could easily explain this.

This is not the Kelvin Timeline, in this Timeline the USS Kelvin returned to Earth without incident & James Kirk was born in Riverside Iowa. So nobody on the Kelvin saw a Romulan.

giphy.gif

I was responding to Artan's comment about Pike recognizing Romulans in the JJ Universe ... I think it's obvious that wouldn't apply to TRIBBLE ...
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
    While they were not identified as such on screen, the entire bridge crew of the USS Kelvin saw a Romulan just before the ship was destroyed. This could easily explain this.

I don't think so. All the crew would have seen and be able to report was that they were attacked by a guy who looked Vulcan. Unless it was already known that they looked like Vulcans they would't be able to draw any conclusions from Ayal.
    jonsills wrote: »
    Romulans didn't leave bodies behind during the war thanks to their habit of maintaining one nuclear weapon to scuttle the ship. Recall from "Balance of Terror", when Kirk offers to take the survivors of the Romulan vessel aboard, the Commander replies, "No, that is not our way," and activates the self-destruct. After it goes off, there's nothing left but dust and fragments. That was apparently the standard Romulan reply to being too damaged to either fight or flee - destroy yourselves, to deny information to the enemy.

A tactic only seen in that episode, not in ENT or TNG/DS9. Romulans might not like being prisoners, but they're not suicidal outside of that single episode.
    I believe the communication was supposed to be audio only, not the entire war fought over radio (that would never make sense).

Nor do several Earths (as in identical alien planets), TOS was never concerned by making sense, however I didn't mean to indicate it was only fought by audio (like so), only that audio only, TOS style long range combat is not how ships (including Romulans) fought in ENT. Nuclear weapons were also not used by either side with the Romulans still using green energy weapons (presumably disruptors) and the Federation using phasers (and occasional plasma weapons in the NXs case).​​

#TASforSTO

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    This freebie Discovery Fed uniform looks good. I am impressed. Though, hoping the Klingon stuff from Discovery shows up soon. You know...stuff I can USE.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,361 Arc User
    How do I actually equip the TRIBBLE uniform to my character?

Go to the C-Store, then the Promotions tab, then select the Discovery Uniforms and click "Claim"... This will unlock the uniforms account wide for Fed and TOS characters (though for some reason, the boots go completely cross faction).

Next, go to a Tailor and put on the uniform.

The tops (there are three) are in the Jacket-Loose section

The badges are rank specific and apparently only useable with the Discovery top (they can't be used on other tops). In order to use them on BOFFs, they have to be promoted. Bare bones BOFFs don't get badges.

The pants are in the Pants-Tight section.

There is no belt.

Boots are in the boot section.

They all have the word Discovery as part of the description, so they'll be easy to find.

Of note, @borticuscryptic I have discovered that the starting TOS BOFFs (Tarsi, Skavrin, and T'Met) cannot access the badges no matter their rank. This might be a problem for K-13 BOFFs as well, but since I don't have any of them, I can't tell you.
    there seems to be some wierd limits when it comes to TOS boffs and outfits so I'd guess that the ST:DSC badges are a no go for them.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    The Discovery Klingon Uniforms will either be put into the Dilitium Store for 2 Million Dilitium or in the Lobi Store for 200 Lobi when they release the Discovery Lockbox on the 3rd. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    The Discovery Klingon Uniforms will either be put into the Dilitium Store for 2 Million Dilitium or in the Lobi Store for 200 Lobi when they release the Discovery Lockbox on the 3rd. ;)

Bought the Kelvin Klingon just for the ridges with the bling on it for Lobi.
    So...I doubt that will phase me if it looks good.

Only thing about Discovery...Klingon ships are ugly. I doubt I will buy those.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    where2r1 wrote: »

Well we've only seen one and it's designed to be outside the norm. We've no idea what the current DSC ships will look like.​​

#TASforSTO

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,782 Arc User
    Saru gives an ominous prophecy: "My people were biologically determined for one purpose alone: to sense the coming of death. I sense it coming now."

Isn't that the same as, "My Spider Sense is tingling!"
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
    edited September 2017

Well we've only seen one and it's designed to be outside the norm. We've no idea what the current DSC ships will look like.​​

I saw pictures Kael posted from ST:LV. The ST:Discovery the ships were part of the presentations there. I did not like those.

Edit after watching.... SEE didn't like the Klingon ships. Didn't have to see any more of them.
    Post edited by where2r1 on

• rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,525 Community Moderator
    If anyone hasn't said it yet...
    B24 seems to be one of the good colors for a canon color on the uniforms. I just seem to have a problem getting the metallic departmental colors to be visible. Could just be my settings though.

Don't have time to sift through 151 posts right now.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    I said that 7 pages ago.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    I like the uniforms and it it's free, it's for me. Thank you Cryptic.

Since I refuse to pay to watch Discovery, yes I am aware I can get the first episode for free but after that you have to subscribe, STO will be as close as I will get to seeing the new show.
    RIP (2022) : Officer Wilbert Mota, Corporal Charles Galloway, Detective Jason Rivera, Officer Fernando
    Arroyos, Officer John Painter, K9 Jedi, K9 Maya, Deputy Constable Neil Adams, Officer Jorge
    David Alvarado, Sergeant Joshua Cordell, Trooper Martin Mack, Trooper Branden Sisca,
    Lieutenant William Lebo
    paddy#3322 wrote: »
    I like the uniforms and it it's free, it's for me. Thank you Cryptic.

Since I refuse to pay to watch Discovery, yes I am aware I can get the first episode for free but after that you have to subscribe, STO will be as close as I will get to seeing the new show.

You know that if it turns out to be somewhat decent (good is a stretch at this point), it might wind up being one of the most pirated shows of the season.

Things I want in STO:

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    This freebie Discovery Fed uniform looks good. I am impressed. Though, hoping the Klingon stuff from Discovery shows up soon. You know...stuff I can USE.
    I heard they added a new boot option for Klingons with the Discovery uniform. It probably looks better on Orions than Klingons though.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    I heard they added a new boot reboot option for Klingons with the Discovery uniform.

There, fixed that for ya. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    I heard they added a new boot option for Klingons with the Discovery uniform. It probably looks better on Orions than Klingons though.

How would you know what looks good on my Klingons? LOL!

I am talking about stuff like that Torchbearer armor. He wasn't on the screen long.
    I have to watch the show over and see if I can freeze frame it.

The Klingon Ceremonial armor is a bit too ornamental....the actors could barely walk in them.
    My characters won't be able to melee in that. LOL!

AND, definitely, more dramatic ridge shapes would be good.

I want all my Klingons to look unique.

• tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    Getting the uniform was nice.
    But unfortunately, it only was an unlock for 1 of 4 characters, the only one that was Starfleet.
    My 2 Starfleet aligned Romulans weren't able to use it, even on the Starfleet BOFFs assigned to their crew.

I was hoping they'd add a Romulan Discovery uniform later, but if there won't be Romulans in Discovery, then that would mean no uniforms either. :'(

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
    tilarta wrote: »
    My 2 Starfleet aligned Romulans weren't able to use it, even on the Starfleet BOFFs assigned to their crew.

Really? I was able to put the DSC uniform on my Romulan's Fed BOFFs.

Things I want in STO: