test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek: Discovery Uniforms

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    This freebie Discovery Fed uniform looks good. I am impressed. Though, hoping the Klingon stuff from Discovery shows up soon. You know...stuff I can USE.
    I heard they added a new boot option for Klingons with the Discovery uniform. It probably looks better on Orions than Klingons though.
    How would you know what looks good on my Klingons? LOL!

I am talking about stuff like that Torchbearer armor. He wasn't on the screen long.
    I have to watch the show over and see if I can freeze frame it.

The Klingon Ceremonial armor is a bit too ornamental....the actors could barely walk in them.
    My characters won't be able to melee in that. LOL!

AND, definitely, more dramatic ridge shapes would be good.

I want all my Klingons to look unique.
    It's the sort of boot design some Klingons wouldn't be caught dead wearing.... It looks great on Orions though.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    It's the sort of boot design some Klingons wouldn't be caught dead wearing.... It looks great on Orions though.

I will look later when I get in the game.

I swapped out my TOS crew to the Discovery uniform, yesterday (looked better than the Kelvin one they were in). The Fed's Discovery boots have Starfleet emblems as buckles or ornaments on the side view.

So, unless they were willing to do art changes (big IF there): why would they even bother to unlock it to the Klingon faction???? Beyond me. I am thinking it is in error.

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    I dunno, but I'mma use it anyways :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    Forget about Romulans. The Executive Producer Aaron Harberts on After Trek stated that the Romulans were off limits because of TOS.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    artan42 wrote: »
    ltminns wrote: »
    Probably not on the Romulans as there is supposed to be no physical/visual interaction with Romulans until TOS 'Balance of Terror'.

As we concluded on the last page thishas since been retcond by ENT. Both Vulcans and Andorians are well aware of the Romulans and a pitch battle (I.e. not fought over radio as TOS claimed) will leave bodies and computer records along the way.

Plus Pike is well aware of Romulans as he recognises Nero as one and can apparently contact Romulan Command and Uhura can speak all three dialects of Romulan and distinguish it from Vulcan. True this is after the timeline split but the KTs past is based on ENT and not on TOS' past BEY makes that very clear.

I think you mean as you asserted on the last page. You gave no evidence for bodies or computer cores being recovered, you just stated that they must have been, based on nothing. That's not how conclusions work, they are based on evidence.

The only one to actually see a Romulan and know that it was a Romulan on ENT was V'las, who might have been a Romulan himself. One Aenar experienced Romulans, however they do such things, and could possibly have given the impression of them to his sister somehow, but even if he did, she would have to also have the impression of Vulcans to know that they were similar. The one that was kidnapped by them was presumed lost on a hunt, so no other Aenar had any idea of Romulans to that point. ENT played a little fast and loose with continuity, but they went to great trouble to minimize contact with Romulans to a blind isolationist who died without returning home to tell his tale and a traitor, or possible Romulan spy, who would never reveal that he knew anything about them.

Oh, and the TOS claim was not that the war was fought over radio, but that the treaty was sent over subspace radio. It's clunky, but probably implies that it was entirely negotiated over subspace radio.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,525 Community Moderator
    anodynes wrote: »
    The only one to actually see a Romulan and know that it was a Romulan on ENT was V'las, who might have been a Romulan himself. One Aenar experienced Romulans, however they do such things, and could possibly have given the impression of them to his sister somehow, but even if he did, she would have to also have the impression of Vulcans to know that they were similar. The one that was kidnapped by them was presumed lost on a hunt, so no other Aenar had any idea of Romulans to that point. ENT played a little fast and loose with continuity, but they went to great trouble to minimize contact with Romulans to a blind isolationist who died without returning home to tell his tale and a traitor, or possible Romulan spy, who would never reveal that he knew anything about them.

Oh, and the TOS claim was not that the war was fought over radio, but that the treaty was sent over subspace radio. It's clunky, but probably implies that it was entirely negotiated over subspace radio.

Well... Enterprise was trying to set up for the Earth-Romulan War, which is a canon event in Star Trek. TOS also claimed that the war was fought with Nuclear weapons, which in Enterprise would have been very archaic by the 22nd Century when they have Phase Cannons and Photonic Torpedoes. Unless the old Spacial Torpedoes Enterprise was equipped with can be classified as Nuclear. However... there could have been a way to explain the use of "Nuclear" weapons by using a mission in Star Trek Legacy where the player has to lure Romulan ships close to old fusion powered Vulcan mining stations and detonating the cores to hit the Romulans with EMP, something Starfleet ships at the time were shielded against.

Enterprise did its best to make sure no member of Starfleet actually saw a Romulan, as that won't happen until Balance of Terror in TOS. Doesn't mean that Romulans couldn't do stuff in the 22nd Century.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Did you people read what I posted just a few above. NO ROMULANS.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    So, when can we expect them to have the good sense to add the tactical kit to this uniform package? It would consist of the utility belt and at least one new top (they might well have variants just like the base uniform).

35637cfe721ad2da74d4324d7bd5eadb.jpg
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    So, when can we expect them to have the good sense to add the tactical kit to this uniform package? It would consist of the utility belt and at least one new top (they might well have variants just like the base uniform).

Lobi store, I am almost certain...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    sunfrancks wrote: »

Lobi store, I am almost certain...

If so, then I am almost certain to buy it.

Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,446 Arc User
    The Klingon Ceremonial armor is a bit too ornamental....the actors could barely walk in them.
    Melee in that armor would be simplicity itself. Just fall on the enemy, and let them slice themselves to ribbons trying to wriggle out from under all those spikes. :smile:
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

See?! They DO have belts. I knew it. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    tilarta wrote: »
    My 2 Starfleet aligned Romulans weren't able to use it, even on the Starfleet BOFFs assigned to their crew.
    Really? I was able to put the DSC uniform on my Romulan's Fed BOFFs.

I tried again and this time I got it to work:
    60FC6294B4FB02B6EB9709384C51557AF287CA56
    I wonder if other non-Romulan BOFFs can use this uniform, like Krenim BOFFs from the Temporal Research Lab Holding, for example.
    I did try this on my KDF Marauder BOFF, but they didn't have access to the Discovery options.

Lots of blank slots that didn't have Discovery items though.
    I expected at least a belt! :s
    And as the picture above shows, there is a Discovery belt.
    That tactical vest would also be interesting to have.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,525 Community Moderator
    garaks31 wrote: »
    500.000 dilit ^^

Don't even joke about that man!
    maxresdefault.jpg

It hurt grinding for the Enterprise MACO!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    See?! They DO have belts. I knew it. :)
    Isn't that belt used just for the phaser holster and tricorder? It's not part of the uniform, it's combat gear.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    If you don't want the Starfleet emblems on Klingons, hide them with an S1 black on the third spot.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,446 Arc User
    I just wish I could put the uniform on my Fed Roms. Why do they all have to wear shoulder pads big enough to protect them in the NFL? Nniol tr'Keiniadh is a starship commander, not a wide receiver!
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    I just wish I could put the uniform on my Fed Roms. Why do they all have to wear shoulder pads big enough to protect them in the NFL? Nniol tr'Keiniadh is a starship commander, not a wide receiver!

Didn't you know? As soon as you log out they start playing.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 6,007 Arc User
    Any chance of the phaser rifle and pistol from Discovery to finish off the Discovery look?
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
      This freebie Discovery Fed uniform looks good. I am impressed. Though, hoping the Klingon stuff from Discovery shows up soon. You know...stuff I can USE.
      I heard they added a new boot option for Klingons with the Discovery uniform. It probably looks better on Orions than Klingons though.

How would you know what looks good on my Klingons? LOL!

I am talking about stuff like that Torchbearer armor. He wasn't on the screen long.
      I have to watch the show over and see if I can freeze frame it.

AND, definitely, more dramatic ridge shapes would be good.

I want all my Klingons to look unique.

All I can say about Voq the Trochbearer's enviormental suit is Walt Disney wants there Capt. Nemo diving suit back. I am not really surprised it looks that way given Capt. Steampunk Glen Hetrick is on the design staff. Utterly stupid costumes for the "Klingons". Discovery = Epic fail
    • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
      I think you mean as you asserted on the last page.

No, I meant concluded. We decided any conclusions that lead to the TOS situation being the correct version were too fanciful and too much of a stretch to be true.
      You gave no evidence for bodies or computer cores being recovered, you just stated that they must have been, based on nothing. That's not how conclusions work, they are based on evidence.

No, I gave evidence on how the war worked in ENT as well as lack of Romulan self destructs, direct Andorian and Vulcan observation, closer relations between Humans and the former than in TOS and so on. That's how conclusions are drawn.
      The only one to actually see a Romulan and know that it was a Romulan on ENT was V'las, who might have been a Romulan himself.

Other Vulcans are aware of what Romulans look like, Spock states it in Balance of Terror.
      One Aenar experienced Romulans, however they do such things, and could possibly have given the impression of them to his sister somehow, but even if he did, she would have to also have the impression of Vulcans to know that they were similar. The one that was kidnapped by them was presumed lost on a hunt, so no other Aenar had any idea of Romulans to that point.

Other drone ships were mentioned along with other missing Anar. And yes, he would have told his sister who tells Shran. The coincidence that an Anar would't come across a Vulcan in anyway is a bit staggering.
      ENT played a little fast and loose with continuity, but they went to great trouble to minimize contact with Romulans to a blind isolationist who died without returning home to tell his tale and a traitor, or possible Romulan spy, who would never reveal that he knew anything about them.

Not really, if it was it wouldn't have left all the ways open. So wide in fact it is now silly to imagine the magnitude of the comedy of errors necessary needed to not know who the Romulans were. Right up to their plans for series 5 and T'Pol discovering her father was a Romulan agent. I guess she would have kept that from Archer and the war right?

I did clarify that above.​​
      22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
      Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
      JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
      'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
      'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
      '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
      'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
      '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
      edited September 2017
      ssbn655 wrote: »
      All I can say about Voq the Trochbearer's enviormental suit is Walt Disney wants there Capt. Nemo diving suit back. I am not really surprised it looks that way given Capt. Steampunk Glen Hetrick is on the design staff. Utterly stupid costumes for the "Klingons". Discovery = Epic fail
      Oh that Torchbearer..is on and off the screen so darn fast....I still can't get the details. I am gonna have to look else where to see what you are talking about.

As for Discovery = Epic Fail......
      I haven't seen enough of the story yet to tell anything!!
      Boy, is that story SLOW GOING...40 mins at a time...

I am almost tempted to cancel and re-sub to CBS All Access after all 15 shows are available for streaming so I can binge watch it at the end of the season.

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
      Oh that Torchbearer..is on and off the screen so darn fast....I still can't get the details. I am gonna have to look else where to see what you are talking about.

As for Discovery = Epic Fail......
      I haven't seen enough of the story yet to tell anything!!
      Boy, is that story SLOW GOING...40 mins at a time...

I am almost tempted to cancel and re-sub to CBS All Access after all 15 shows are available for streaming so I can binge watch it at the end of the season.

The Trekyards full spoiler review of episode one has a couple of good still shots of the torchbearer.

The biggest problem with the two hour pilot is that... you still have not met most of the crew or even the ship. You're left feeling "Um, what is this about, again? Discovery? What is that?". It's one of the best made pilots for a Trek show that does not really show much of the actual show (gotta sign up for All Access for that!).
      Prequel. Set-up to the Discovery 'pilot'. Instead of doing the inevitable flashback during the Season on how we got here they did it up front. More in keeping with maintaining the continuity of a serialized drama.
      Judge Dan Haywood
      l don't know.
      Lt. Philip J. Minns
      rattler2 wrote: »

-image redacted-

To this day, I remain convinced that whoever thought that was a reasonable price tag for a single-character aesthetic unlock is/was out of their minds. And/or out of touch with the player base.
      bloodyriz wrote: »
      Didn't you know? As soon as you log out they start playing.​​
      As amusing as that mental image is, there is at least one RPG with plays with the idea of logged-out characters actually doing stuff; the example which comes to mind is Age of Wushu's 'offline system'. Imagine, if you will, logging out in orbit around New Romulus or ESD... while you're logged out, each instance of that space has a chance of your ship being present as an NPC.
    • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
      Any chance of the phaser rifle and pistol from Discovery to finish off the Discovery look?

Probably with the inevitable Discovery Lockbox...
      Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
      2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
      3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
      4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
      5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
      6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
      7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
      8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!

-image redacted-

To this day, I remain convinced that whoever thought that was a reasonable price tag for a single-character aesthetic unlock is/was out of their minds. And/or out of touch with the player base.

Agreed. While it was probably meant to help balance the DL Exchange... it failed. Miserably.
    • firereaper#8495 firereaper Member Posts: 28 Arc User
      Why would they do that for Xbox, they won't even put The wrath of khan star fleet uniform on there.
      Agreed. While it was probably meant to help balance the DL Exchange... it failed. Miserably.
      Crafting and upgrades are doing a better job of it. Putting that (and other outfits) in the Z-store would have - more folks would be willing to set aside 550Z worth of dil (which is a lot less than 2 million). So would having T6 upgrade tokens folks can use on their T5(U) ships that recently got T6 versions (i.e. the Elachi ships). Or having the art team come up with some spiffy vanity shields to put in the dil store. Or... you get the idea.