test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek: Discovery Uniforms

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    poison wrote: »
    So I might just be being a little dense, but I can't tell if there is any actual difference between the captain and lieutenant uniform tops.
    Are they actually identical or is there some subtle difference I am missing?
    There is very little difference between the 3 jackets, it is mostly some coloring in the shoulders.
    Yeah, I could see the difference in the admiral jacket, but the other two just look indistinguishable to me.
    Zoom in on the top of the shoulder, Captain has gold stripes on it, LT does not. Admiral includes gold on the outside of the shoulders too
    It might be invisible if reflections are off in your video settings.
    Is anyone else having issues with color bleedthrough on the shoulders? Specifically, the braiding over the shoulder and down the sides? On mine, the second color (the one for the shoulders) is bleeding onto the metallic spots, tinting them
    I noticed that, but I think it might be intentional. If you look REALLY closely the shoulder parts appear to have two layers of material in them. kinda like the side panels but more subtle.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    poison wrote: »
    So I might just be being a little dense, but I can't tell if there is any actual difference between the captain and lieutenant uniform tops.
    Are they actually identical or is there some subtle difference I am missing?
    There is very little difference between the 3 jackets, it is mostly some coloring in the shoulders.
    Yeah, I could see the difference in the admiral jacket, but the other two just look indistinguishable to me.
    Zoom in on the top of the shoulder, Captain has gold stripes on it, LT does not. Admiral includes gold on the outside of the shoulders too
    It might be invisible if reflections are off in your video settings.
    Is anyone else having issues with color bleedthrough on the shoulders? Specifically, the braiding over the shoulder and down the sides? On mine, the second color (the one for the shoulders) is bleeding onto the metallic spots, tinting them
    I noticed that, but I think it might be intentional. If you look REALLY closely the shoulder parts appear to have two layers of material in them. kinda like the side panels but more subtle.

Problem is that when you do that, it throws off the color match to the braiding down the side of the pants, as those retain their unaltered color.

Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Love the uniform. But it needs an appropriate belt to go with it (the uniform shows it needs one, but there isn't one).
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Love the uniform. But it needs an appropriate belt to go with it (the uniform shows it needs one, but there isn't one).

I haven't seen any images of the standard uniform with a belt.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
    anodynes wrote: »

Standard uniform does not have a belt (a downside, in my opinion). Now, the tactical uniform has one, and possibly a utility or an admiralty uniform, but in all the promotional material, trailers, and clips I've seen, not once did I see the standard uniform with a belt.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

Me neither. :) My point just was, the jacket has seams that indicate a belt is to be worn over it.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • newromulan#1567 newromulan Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    Maybe i have not looked in awhile, but these uniforms look familiar? Babalyon 5?
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,003 Arc User
    It'd have been great if we got the excursion gear as well, unlocking the "armoured" category for fed characters.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou

Me neither. :) My point just was, the jacket has seams that indicate a belt is to be worn over it.

Ah. You'll have to take that up with the wardrobe department on Discovery, then. :)
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,782 Arc User
    I was thinking that perhaps the new Klingon costumes will appear in game as time goes by.
    star-trek-discovery-klingons.jpg

Anyone know if there will be Romulans coming to this show? If so... Same as avove.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I was thinking that perhaps the new Klingon costumes will appear in game as time goes by.

God I hope not.
    Anyone know if there will be Romulans coming to this show? If so... Same as avove.

If it's truly Prime Universe then they shouldn't, canonically no one sees them again until TOS, which is also the first time anyone ever sees what they actually look like.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    God I hope not.

!!! Who's holding a gun to your head demanding you personally buy them...

Oh, sorry, my mistake, I just assumed you thought you had to buy them.

If it's truly Prime Universe then they shouldn't, canonically no one sees them again until TOS, which is also the first time anyone ever sees what they actually look like.

It is truly Prime, grow up, and no, ENT has shown that Romulans are know of long before TOS where obviously the Vulcans have seen them and the Coalition fought a war against them. TOS has been ignored roundly since... well TOS to be fair. Or are you forgetting that the very same episode said the Romulans don't even have warp drive? A point made by the Vulconis science officer, the officer who had an ancestor who once married a human?​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,446 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    A point made by the Vulconis science officer, the officer who had an ancestor who once married a human?​​
    Well, a father is an "ancestor", no? :smile:

That does tie into Spock's closed-mouth attitude about his personal life, though - until "Journey To Babel", his closest friends didn't even know the Ambassador from Vulcan was his father. (That's also why I can accept that he never told anyone about his adoptive human sister - in Vulcan society, that would have been at least mildly scandalous, after all, and until he melded with V'ger in TMP, Spock always tried to be more Vulcan than Vulcan itself.)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    mccoy had arthritis; archer didn't​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    Vulcanians until past mid-First Season of TOS.

McCoy probably had too many Mint Juleps.
    :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Discovery's executive producer said in an interview this week that Romulans were off limits because of TOS. Of course on Enterprise no humans (knowingly) saw a Romulan, though the Embassy bomber, aide to the leader of the High Command (himself at least an employee of the Romulans), was shown as a Romulan at the end of the Vulcan Forge episodes, t

Be that as it may be, that will last until some other writer decides they want the Romulans.

However Vulcans are a lot closer in ENT than they were hinted to be in TOS and the Andorians (who did know of the Romulans through the Aenar) are even closer. Humans know of the Romulans without a shadow of a doubt. There was also that little matter of an interstellar war between them, there's also no way no Romulan corpses or computer data were recovered at any point. TOS had the excuse of it all being fought over radios, ENT show that to be false.
    jonsills wrote: »
    A point made by the Vulconis science officer, the officer who had an ancestor who once married a human?

That does tie into Spock's closed-mouth attitude about his personal life, though - until "Journey To Babel", his closest friends didn't even know the Ambassador from Vulcan was his father. (That's also why I can accept that he never told anyone about his adoptive human sister - in Vulcan society, that would have been at least mildly scandalous, after all, and until he melded with V'ger in TMP, Spock always tried to be more Vulcan than Vulcan itself.)

True, but he had no need to lie about the name of his planet, or the number of moons it has (seriously, did he think that thing from TMP could be kept secret from anyone?), he also had no need to grin like a loon or yell at the computer or kidnapped crewmembers on-board his lithium powered, time-warp breaking, warp 14 travelling, laser firing, United Earth starship of the United Earth Space Probe Agency whilst wearing his yellow uniform.​​
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

edited September 2017
    jonsills wrote: »
    A point made by the Vulconis science officer, the officer who had an ancestor who once married a human?​​

Seconded!
    This becomes even more evident as you read Spock's World written by Diane Duane.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    There was also that little matter of an interstellar war between them, there's also no way no Romulan corpses or computer data were recovered at any point. TOS had the excuse of it all being fought over radios, ENT show that to be false.​​

When Romulan ships were destroyed in the war, it's entirely possible that all bodies would be crushed beyond recognition when the singularity core imploded (assuming they were using such technology by then). The lack of warp drive and use of nuclear weapons I'm willing to ignore as simply bad writing, but the unfamiliarity with Romulan physical appearances was integral to the plot of Balance of Terror (incidentally, that's one of the only like, three or four TOS episodes I've ever watched).
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
    There was also that little matter of an interstellar war between them, there's also no way no Romulan corpses or computer data were recovered at any point. TOS had the excuse of it all being fought over radios, ENT show that to be false.

When Romulan ships were destroyed in the war, it's entirely possible that all bodies would be crushed beyond recognition when the singularity core imploded (assuming they were using such technology by then). The lack of warp drive and use of nuclear weapons I'm willing to ignore as simply bad writing, but the unfamiliarity with Romulan physical appearances was integral to the plot of Balance of Terror (incidentally, that's one of the only like, three or four TOS episodes I've ever watched).

Ad the loss of the lithium crystals was integral to the plot of at least two episodes. Retcons happen, Romulan bodies would have been recovered if the war had lasted for longer than a week and involved more than five ships.

Plus the Vulcans and Andorians still have direct evidence of them.​​

#TASforSTO

• djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    I gotta admit, the Discovery uniforms look pretty snappy. Just might have to put a character in one for a while and try it out.
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • How do I actually equip the TRIBBLE uniform to my character?
    How do I actually equip the TRIBBLE uniform to my character?

Does this video help?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz9oZ0MDnaA
    I just found it on a quick search.

Go to the C-Store, then the Promotions tab, then select the Discovery Uniforms and click "Claim"... This will unlock the uniforms account wide for Fed and TOS characters (though for some reason, the boots go completely cross faction).

Next, go to a Tailor and put on the uniform.

The tops (there are three) are in the Jacket-Loose section

The badges are rank specific and apparently only useable with the Discovery top (they can't be used on other tops). In order to use them on BOFFs, they have to be promoted. Bare bones BOFFs don't get badges.

The pants are in the Pants-Tight section.

There is no belt.

Boots are in the boot section.

They all have the word Discovery as part of the description, so they'll be easy to find.

Of note, @borticuscryptic I have discovered that the starting TOS BOFFs (Tarsi, Skavrin, and T'Met) cannot access the badges no matter their rank. This might be a problem for K-13 BOFFs as well, but since I don't have any of them, I can't tell you.

Things I want in STO:

• maniac20#5251 maniac20 Member Posts: 263 Arc User

Go to the C-Store, then the Promotions tab, then select the Discovery Uniforms and click "Claim"... This will unlock the uniforms account wide for Fed and TOS characters (though for some reason, the boots go completely cross faction).

The badges are rank specific and apparently only useable with the Discovery top (they can't be used on other tops). In order to use them on BOFFs, they have to be promoted. Bare bones BOFFs don't get badges.

There is no belt.

They all have the word Discovery as part of the description, so they'll be easy to find.

Of note, @borticuscryptic I have discovered that the starting TOS BOFFs (Tarsi, Skavrin, and T'Met) cannot access the badges no matter their rank. This might be a problem for K-13 BOFFs as well, but since I don't have any of them, I can't tell you.

The K-13 BOFF's have access to the badges I just checked on my sci and her K-13 boff has the badges there.
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User

bet we will get the new look for the Klingons as well
    Probably not on the Romulans as there is supposed to be no physical/visual interaction with Romulans until TOS 'Balance of Terror'.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    Probably not on the Romulans as there is supposed to be no physical/visual interaction with Romulans until TOS 'Balance of Terror'.

Well, in Star Trek Enterprise, we, the viewer, saw them, even if the Vulcans, Humans, Tellarites, Andorians, ET AL did not.
    enterprise-romulans.png

The Devs could try and throw this at the player base. Some folks would pay for it.

There is no belt.

The K-13 BOFF's have access to the badges I just checked on my sci and her K-13 boff has the badges there.

Thanks for checking on that.

Things I want in STO:

edited September 2017
    Quisling Vulcans saw them too.

Would CBS allow it, canonheads will say no.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns

There is no belt.

The common BOffs that you can buy while still in the 23rd Century do not have access to them.