What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Crashing every few minutes

Comments

• Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Good point; mine was a crash to desktop with box stating "game has crashed, please give us a report of what happened while we gather data." Edited post to reflect this. I had Firefox open with three tabs while in-game and it was unaffected (before you ask -- I do this all the time and game has never crashed before today, my computer can handle it).
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    tidalwave082tidalwave082 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This is basically my problem too. Everytime I log in it crashes within 2 to 3 minutes. Why has this been going on so long? I didn't see a new patch when I got on, so that means this has been going on all day since this morning.
    abell39 wrote: »
    Good point; mine was a crash to desktop with box stating "game has crashed, please give us a report of what happened while we gather data." Edited post to reflect this. I had Firefox open with three tabs while in-game and it was unaffected (before you ask -- I do this all the time and game has never crashed before today, my computer can handle it).
  • Options
    melwing17melwing17 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    laserduck wrote: »
    If you are repeatedly crashing at this time, please IM me and attach a copy of your GamePrefs.pref file from your localdata folder.

Thanks,

Rob

I sent you a private message with a link to my googledoc for this (as it's over 5000 characters), it is not showing up in my 'sent' items though, so I don't know. Please let me know if I should re-send. I crashed over 15 times yesterday (never once before), and can't enter a dungeon/skirmish without repeatedly, immediately, crashing. I'm leveling my first character and it's very frustrating to miss content like this.

Thank you.

Edit for clarification: My entire computer does NOT crash, just Neverwinter. I get the crash report pop-up, when I restart Neverwinter it says 'detected error' and does the 10 minute or so scan, which I did 5 or more times yesterday (to no avail). Outside of dungeons/skirmishes, crashes also occurred in Protector's Enclave (a couple while just walking around, 1 while using mailbox), and one in the open world while fighting mobs.
  • Options
    sakurachan990sakurachan990 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    hmm mine wasent so much a crash to desktop the game just stoped responding was like it took a ss and nothing carryed on no matter how long i waited had to force close it allways happened in dungeon instances and seemed to happen when alot of mobs were around
  • Options
    rolo4rolo4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I can't figure out how to PM on this forum, I'm not signing up for a file-hosting service. Don't you think configuration information should have been sent by the error reporter? (quite the oversight there)

My GamePrefs.pref:

Prefentry SystemSpecs.Aticrossfiregpucount 0

Prefentry SystemSpecs.Audiodrivername

Prefentry SystemSpecs.Audiodriveroutput

Prefentry SystemSpecs.Audiodriverversion

Prefentry SystemSpecs.Audiox64checkskipped 0

Prefentry SystemSpecs.Computername ZAPHOD

Prefentry SystemSpecs.Cpucachesize 6619136

Prefentry SystemSpecs.Cpuidentifier "Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7, GenuineIntel"

Prefentry SystemSpecs.Cpuspeed 3.311e+009

Prefentry SystemSpecs.Diskfree 106471456768

Prefentry SystemSpecs.Disktotal 1570897915904

Prefentry SystemSpecs.Fmodversion 0

Prefentry SystemSpecs.Hassse 1

Prefentry SystemSpecs.Hassse2 1

Prefentry SystemSpecs.Hassse3 1

Prefentry SystemSpecs.Hassse4 1

Prefentry SystemSpecs.Isdx11enabled 1

Prefentry SystemSpecs.Isdx9exenabled 0

Prefentry SystemSpecs.Isrunningnortonav 0

Prefentry SystemSpecs.Isunsupportedspecs 0

Prefentry SystemSpecs.Isusingd3ddebug 0

Prefentry SystemSpecs.Isvista 1

Prefentry SystemSpecs.Iswine 0

Prefentry SystemSpecs.Isx64 1

Prefentry SystemSpecs.Material_Hardware_Supported_Features

Prefentry SystemSpecs.Material_Supported_Features "SM20| SM20_PLUS| SM30| SM30_PLUS| SM30_HYPER"

Prefentry SystemSpecs.Nummonitors 1

Prefentry SystemSpecs.Numrealcpus 4

Prefentry SystemSpecs.Numvirtualcpus 4

Prefentry SystemSpecs.Nvidiasligpucount 2

Prefentry SystemSpecs.Osver0_Lowversion 1

Prefentry SystemSpecs.Osver1_Highversion 6

Prefentry SystemSpecs.Osver2_Build 7601

Prefentry SystemSpecs.Osver3_Servicepackmajor 1

Prefentry SystemSpecs.Osver4_Servicepackminor 0

Prefentry SystemSpecs.Osver5_Hostversion 6.1.7601.18015

Prefentry SystemSpecs.Physicalmemoryavailable 4410249216

Prefentry SystemSpecs.Physicalmemorymax 8545726464

Prefentry SystemSpecs.Ramspeedgbs 3.24848

Prefentry SystemSpecs.RenderingHacks REHA_NONE

Prefentry SystemSpecs.Supporteddxversion 0

Prefentry SystemSpecs.Svnbuildnumber 153271

Prefentry SystemSpecs.Trivia

Prefentry SystemSpecs.Videocarddeviceid 4224

Prefentry SystemSpecs.Videocardname "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580"

Prefentry SystemSpecs.Videocardvendorid 4318

Prefentry SystemSpecs.Videodriverstate 0

Prefentry SystemSpecs.Videodriverversion 9.18.13.2049

Prefentry SystemSpecs.Videomemory 1536

Prefentry SystemSpecs.Virtualaddressspace 2147418134

Prefentry SystemSpecs.Wineversion
  • Options
    seonsaengnimseonsaengnim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't know if this is the same crash as the others but I've got it 2 times today in only an hour.
    Captureerror_zps6ba000ed.jpg
  • Options
    relativityrelativity Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Apart from all the random crashing I also get (if I don't kill the game from task manager, methinks it would stay "hanged" forevah), I'm also starting to get awsomely long loading screens. From what I know ppl see me as discoed, but I know it was 2 minutes loading screen only. And I don't know why, if I don't relog before opening the 3rd seal in Vaults Dungeon, I will lag for mintes right after and then will lag for minutes after entering boss' room.
    Bids he then the spruces to singer him an anthems!
    thief-glyphs.gif?w=32
    And the Woodsie Lord binders them fleshes to stone!
  • Options
    ch4rdr0nch4rdr0n Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Happening here as well, seems to be somekind of graphics bug , as it usually happens when there is alot of motion on screen. Example in big fight.
  • Options
    maelwysmaelwys Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Every 3 - 6 minutes I am getting "Server Not Responding". It counts up to about 18 seconds and then throws me back to the login screen. This has happened constantly since Module 1.
    edited August 2013
    I reported my problems in a previous post, but I have a new one to add: I was in Helm's Hold on my mount, on my way to the last part of the quest chain there (not in combat), and the game crashed to this screen:

a3d772f80c3711e3b22b22000a1f96e2_7.jpg

But, unlike all my other crashes that were just Neverwinter (the computer was fine), this time the entire computer was unresponsive. Had to restart. That picture was taken with my ipad, as I couldn't screenshot.
  • Options
    seonsaengnimseonsaengnim Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I a couple more map crashes on load screens and then a crash at the launcher with no error message. I tried deleting my game preferences file as suggested in another thread but that didn't stop the crashing. I've tried playing on low settings but it doesn't stop the crashing and I tend to get more BSOD then.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I haven't crashed again since the first time and it seems to run okay, but I have noticed that the game keeps saying "Material files reloaded" excessively every time I'm at a loading screen, when it used to do this only upon me changing graphics settings. Something is definitely wrong with the way it's loading and rendering stuff after the current patch.

Testing Nasher Hideout on my GF right now to see if anything happens since that's come up as a problem area in here; I'll post if something goes wrong.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    dragonback99dragonback99 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Well I had good news.

From my previous message last night where I couldn't get in on either of my machines, but was able to get in on my wife's Win 7 Machine.

So this morning I get up, and over morning coffee I patch my laptop. Lo and behold I am in. So I putter around, holding my breath thinking its going to pop out. But it doesnt.
    So I do all my trades, do the prays then I log out as I have things to do before I my workday starts (it starts in the afternoon).

I come into work where I am now on my laptop, that was fine this morning. I repatch as I login as something else is there.

Login.

BOOM

Neverwinter quits on me and I write an expletive filled bug message to the devs. Thanks for ****ing up whatever it was that you completely had right this morning and ****ed up again today.

I am just wondering if its too late for me to dispute the charge on my card and get my money back for a game I can no longer play.
  • Options
    laserducklaserduck Member Posts: 44 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2013
    melwing17 wrote: »
    I reported my problems in a previous post, but I have a new one to add: I was in Helm's Hold on my mount, on my way to the last part of the quest chain there (not in combat), and the game crashed to this screen:

a3d772f80c3711e3b22b22000a1f96e2_7.jpg

But, unlike all my other crashes that were just Neverwinter (the computer was fine), this time the entire computer was unresponsive. Had to restart. That picture was taken with my ipad, as I couldn't screenshot.

This seems... different. I would suggest that if you have issues that do not match the problems that are being discussed in this thread (repeated crashes in PE, e.g.), you open a different thread or submit a bug report. Your screenshot looks like a driver issue to me.
  • Options
    laserducklaserduck Member Posts: 44 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2013
    Well I had good news.

From my previous message last night where I couldn't get in on either of my machines, but was able to get in on my wife's Win 7 Machine.

So this morning I get up, and over morning coffee I patch my laptop. Lo and behold I am in. So I putter around, holding my breath thinking its going to pop out. But it doesnt.
    So I do all my trades, do the prays then I log out as I have things to do before I my workday starts (it starts in the afternoon).

I come into work where I am now on my laptop, that was fine this morning. I repatch as I login as something else is there.

Login.

BOOM

Neverwinter quits on me and I write an expletive filled bug message to the devs. Thanks for ****ing up whatever it was that you completely had right this morning and ****ed up again today.

I am just wondering if its too late for me to dispute the charge on my card and get my money back for a game I can no longer play.

I assure you we have not been changing things back and forth. We are working to diagnose the problem and we will have a patch with a fix as soon as we can.
  • Options
    twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I'm crashing every few minutes or so, in the new content, running the Hunt skirmish, and once after in the general area of the new content as well. Crashing to desktop with the Cryptic box that comes up asking for comments on what I was doing at the time.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
    Intel Core i7 - 2630QM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M
  • Options
    dragonback99dragonback99 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    laserduck wrote: »
    I assure you we have not been changing things back and forth. We are working to diagnose the problem and we will have a patch with a fix as soon as we can.

Well given that I am a retired software engineer :). I know that this makes sense. Going back and forth is bad, though something someone did actually did the trick. The patch that happened this morning solved the issue for me, either that or I was extremely lucky on both my machines.

Even so, very frustrating. But hey if its a database issue oracle or sql, give me a ring :)
  • Options
    twstdechotwstdecho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 630 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    I did play for an hour + during my lunch hour without issue. I didn't start having this crashing issue until this evening when I got home from work.
  • Options
    redyummiredyummi Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I crashed a number of time in Protector's Enclave yesterday. After the patch they were more frequent.

One crash after I filled out the crash report window, I noticed the icon still on my Start bar. I clicked to open it and it was downloading information and said it had 23 minutes to go.....are you downloading my entire hard drive? I have around a 20 Mb/s connection and I figured something was wrong to be downloading so much data, so I aborted it.
  • Options
    devocutdevocut Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've been playing since day 2 and the game has never crashed until today. The game played smoothly after downloading the Feywald update and I stayed on for a couple hours.

The next day, after the latest patch, the game has crashed twice.
  • Options
    lilnaerynlilnaeryn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Same thing over here - I mostly play from an old laptop and had no problems before the Feywild release, but now I mass crash with no warning after about half an hour. The same thing happens on my recent Windows 8 computer, and no amount of checking files or lowering settings seems to help. It doesn't matter what I do in-game, even if I just leave my characters standing in an isolated area doing strictly nothing I'll still crash, and I'll crash even faster if in the Feywild hub area, for some reason I crash in 10 minutes tops over there. I have no idea what's going on. :(
  • Options
    orbyiousorbyious Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Crashed 8 times since the last update I find I'm only crashing when I'm in the Enclave
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Just crashed to desktop again in the same spot, at mail courier near Auction House in Protector's Enclave. It must be that it's too busy there for the client to keep up.
  • Options
    schitzzyschitzzy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    windows 7 64bit
    AMD 965BE (liquid cooled in/out fans)
    8gig corsair vengeance
    geforce 460

Crashes during dungeon and skirmish mainly. Lair of the Mad Dragon and the Helm skirmish for lvl 30 range.
  • Options
    coogrrrcoogrrr Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I don't know if this is the same crash as the others but I've got it 2 times today in only an hour.
    Captureerror_zps6ba000ed.jpg

Yes this is one of the exact crashes I have gotten as well. I have others but they seem all to be related to the DirectX 11 in some way. I am crashing to desktop, I am getting in game artifacts at times. I also get black screen with in game cursor then I can come back but it crashes within a few minutes. I have now tested at EXTREMELY low settings with the Raideon 3000 running. This ran and allowed me to play for 30 minutes with no crash. Maybe the the DX11 and or high end graphics is the issue.

I think the devs should look at Lighting/Atmosphere etc since these are the main difference between high and low graphics. There are shader possiblilties as well and I will start testing with the 650Ti in and disabling various portions to see if I can narrow.

ONCE I DO.. I would love it if you other players can confirm some tests with me. I am on Dragon and will be testing in the next few minutes if you want to PM me in game its @Coogrrr

Updates you all soon!
    It Can Wait!!!
    Dont text and drive please. Dont risk your life and the lives of others. Join the cause and take the pledge - See more at: http://www.itcanwait.com

RM1fNp64
  • Options
    treminiontreminion Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    When are you going to fix the crashes?
  • Options
    schitzzyschitzzy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    coogrrr wrote: »
    Yes this is one of the exact crashes I have gotten as well. I have others but they seem all to be related to the DirectX 11 in some way. I am crashing to desktop, I am getting in game artifacts at times. I also get black screen with in game cursor then I can come back but it crashes within a few minutes. I have now tested at EXTREMELY low settings with the Raideon 3000 running. This ran and allowed me to play for 30 minutes with no crash. Maybe the the DX11 and or high end graphics is the issue.

I think the devs should look at Lighting/Atmosphere etc since these are the main difference between high and low graphics. There are shader possiblilties as well and I will start testing with the 650Ti in and disabling various portions to see if I can narrow.

ONCE I DO.. I would love it if you other players can confirm some tests with me. I am on Dragon and will be testing in the next few minutes if you want to PM me in game its @Coogrrr

Updates you all soon!

I do'nt get that error..i get the one that pushes me straight to desktop and doesn't tell me a thing just a spot to submit report.
  • Options
    coogrrrcoogrrr Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Sitting in the Sharandar Hub - typing to a guild mate in whisper. Logged in for 5 minutes - and crash.
    You have to fix this ASAP or the game will suffer many losses. I love the game PLEASE fix it
    so I can continue to play, if it isnt and I cant play I take my money and play time elsewhere
    NOT BY CHOICE - I want to play NWO and spend money with you but if I can play it
    I cant spend the money on it. Simple math. PLEASE HELP.

This time it was the GTX650Ti with full everything turned on highest graphics and DX11

Edited to add this - BUG TICKET ID: 14630075

Coog
    It Can Wait!!!
    Dont text and drive please. Dont risk your life and the lives of others. Join the cause and take the pledge - See more at: http://www.itcanwait.com

RM1fNp64
  • Options
    mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Crashed several times during new skirmish. You guys got a real bad situation on your hands. I hope ur techs can isolate the problem.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Third time crashing today, same place (mail courier, Auction House, etc.). You'd think I'd have learned to get away from there fast by now.
This discussion has been closed.