test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Update on the Trade Bar Store

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
On Friday, February 19, Coalescent Wards, Preservation Wards and Blood Rubies will be removed from the Tarmalune Trade Bar Store after maintenance. Please keep discussions respectful and on-topic; we all love this game and want it to thrive.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9798173

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• Options
    candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    are you HAMSTER kidding m
  • Options
    blu3armyblu3army Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 40 Arc User
    You should be ashamed of yourselfs.
  • Options
    hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    R.I.P NWO
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    So rather than make like fair for people on xbox you shaft us all. Typical.
  • Options
    m1s3rlym1s3rly Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    The only In-game problem I can see from having them in the trade bar store is people not spending quite as much zen on those items as they used to, simply because they have supported your company and become VIP and are using the keys each day to save trade bars to help them upgrade.
    So what you should have done was remove those items from the Zen store, but no you are showing your greed by doing the opposite.
  • Options
    reg#6121 reg Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Seems to be some type of contest going on to see what will anger the players the most...
  • Options
    anim3kanim3k Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    But some people still have 12312412 trade bars...and they will buy plenty of Coloscent wards before changes...So my opinion strumslinger dont give us information like this.
  • Options
    mutjinninjamutjinninja Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    Rather than remove wards from the trade bar store, which has heralded as a great success of Mod 8, remove them from the zen store. Sorry that no one wants to buy your extremely overpriced wards in the zen store, but do you really think you're going to sell more now? People didn't buy them in the first place, why would they buy them now?

Man. A disfigured CN. Insulting leveling dungeons. And now you're taking our wards. Mod 9 fail.

I would like to see some transparency on the negative effect to the ingame economy. Because the only negative effect I see is that you might be selling less from the zen store because, again, coal wards are insanely overpriced. What I see as an effect of the trade bar store rework? Less expensive enchantments, an easier way to gear up, a valuable commodity that can be exchanged for AD if you don't have time to farm AD. But I mean, by all means, tell us nothing, give us a bs consolation prize, and say "too bad, deal with it".

The economy is better now than it ever has been. Do you really think taking away our ability to make enchants is going to make us richer or enable us to have more fun with this already grindy and gated game?

Andy...I'm so sorry you have to always deliver this terrible news. The devs behind you need to get their heads on straight.​​
  • Options
    thatguy321654987thatguy321654987 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 39 Arc User
    Bad move. Trade bars can only be achieved by PLAYERS buying keys. Since so many have opted for vip, getting bars was just a bonus from the keys you get. Having the ability to buy these once expensive items, allowed me to level my character. BUT now im screwed. This is the most stupid decision your team could have made. I am so glad i didn't renew vip last night for another month, as now i am boycotting spending any money on this game until you developers smarten up.
  • Options
    joyousdecieverjoyousdeciever Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    it is the zen store conflict ... GREED wins again... regretting the $50 i spent on mount sale now ... and the companion i was gonna buy from tradebar store ? there goes that idea gotta stock up on coalies... economic control freaks ... F*** you.... just f*** you in the goat a**
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    It was pretty frickin' obviously the next step coming after this announcement was made for XBox.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    o and thanks in advance for the DDoS attack increase you Know this will trigger after seeing the same happen after HAMSTER the xbox players
  • Options
    mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    So i guess there is no reason to be a VIP member anymore. This is really sad.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options
    foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Why dont you say the truth? Removing them from trade bar store as less people were buying them from zen store => no money for you. This change was one of the top favorited when new bar was launched. And it DID change in a positive way the economic for people in the game, so ur "mistake" is that it affected the economy of ur wallets, not ur community.
  • Options
    lunaruslunarus Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Wow as a player that opens the boxes with keys that I buy from the CS, I always banked on the fact that if I didn't get anything good form the box,at the very least I got bars I could spend in the shop and upgrade my gear, artifacts and runes. Now I will be less likely to buy or charge for that matter. Does this have snything to do with the DOS attacks from the xbox user becaus they didn't have these item in their shop? Sad really, makes me wonder if really want to continue with the game.
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    devs you are nothing more than lame "Keystone Cops" from 1920's who are clueless when these isnt broken or what bugs need priority.
    that is pure unbelievable WTH are you doing?

what i see as unnatural "bottleneck" to progression for enchants and runes.

that is one of reason why folks are using VIP that you gave us to get a daily key for T bars, now there nothing we need on T bar marchants, huh? guess what? it became nothing more than a window shop for fashion and pets.

my "RNG" is pure rotten to the core, i still hadnt seen brillant diamond, i am being flooded with peridots which these are too small to feed that cost 600k runes/enchants and several 200k on artifacts. my best ever dropped gems are black opals, which are few times.

what i have seen so far since Mod 6, you went 1 step forward and then 2 steps backward every time.
  • Options
    wow already see ppl talking about quitting
    havent driven off enough real players yet? love the spambots that much? cause thats gonna be all that is left on this game is spambots and newbs at this rate.
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    This is really sad. Dealing with power creep by making enchants more expensive is just dumb. That being said, at least you had the decency to give us 1 day's warning. lots better then xbox got
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    wilborpostwilborpost Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    YOUR FIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    You all just shot yourself in the face with this one. I was waiting for this to happen on the PC after you made it happen on Xbox... you really have no idea how to manage a crypto-economy. NO IDEA... yet you fumble around like a 12 year old trying to take off his first bra.
    If you wanted respectful... you may have brought the concept up for discussion.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    so... back to hardcore cashers controling the enchantment market and driving it up ty for that too
  • Options
    izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Bad news. I hope you could only change Wards to be BtA. Now buying any more lockbox keys will be much less worth. Bad idea ;/
    Post edited by izwor on
  • Options
    hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    AGAIN only "whales" and botters benefit these excrescences! By the way what to do with rank 12 VIP, stick? Just shut down this IP.
  • Options
    melodicahmelodicah Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    So now you are basically forcing people to spend Zen or pay ridiculous AD costs to progress as coal wards are a necessity for upgrading the huge amount of artifact weapons/armor/enchants/runestones that are in the game.

Well, I'm hopping off this train. I've brushed off a lot of the changes and said that it wouldn't really affect me, so I'd keep logging in and buying Zen occasionally to support the game. This, however, removes any way for me to progress my characters without spending real money. No thanks.

Bad move, Cryptic. Just another nail in your coffin.
  • Options
    freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    might be a good idea in a dying game to not remove the few things that the FEW remaining players you have actually like. you failed with mod 9, you pretty much failed mod 8... Now you are going to add to the most disappointing release that you call a "mod" with removing a way for people who have VIP to make enchants/armor/wep enchants..... Is there any logic? Impacted negatively? You mean the fact that 80-90% of the player population leaving had a negative impact on the 1-2 coal wards a week that someone accidentally bought with Zen... Uhh yeah, I have a **** load and i'll be cashing out now. Thanks for the heads up lol. Sorry to allllll the new players who have to spend 600k again to get these.

This just goes to show yet again the complete lack of communication b/w the players and the devs. They seem to have less and less of a clue of what goes on, and what players want/like. Rather than maybe even make them cheaper which you should do since you blew it with mod 9, you remove it? What economy are you even talking about since everything is BoA or BoP now anyway? I'd love a dev reply on this as I feel like they have nothing to say.
  • Options
    mytholusmytholus Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    No more VIP for me after this.
This discussion has been closed.