test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Would you like the Lostmauth's Set being adjusted?

nuudlznuudlz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 285 Arc User
edited January 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
This poll is not aimed to be representativ in any way. The intention is to get a **very basic** view about people's opinion regarding this matter.

I do want to mention that the poll is something that we were curious about. It doesn't mean we're going to be making a decision based solely off a poll.

Alternativ #1:
http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1210876/feedback-10-wish-list-items-bugs-balance-make-this-game-great-again

More Info about LM set:
http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1210057/the-elol-set-and-other-issues/p1
(ty wardenpowers for providing the link)

The Zisters' Magazine - Subscribe now and you'll never run out of style.

We are always looking for new models --- Borderline Fashiondolls ---
Post edited by nuudlz on

Would you like the Lostmauth's Set being adjusted? 662 votes

Yes
34%
zetahatatehmdq#4491valwryndreamhuntressxkarakla1arandompandakacezetmicky1p00sockmunkeynemo314katamaster81899zekethesinnerphoenix1021argroscheyceaetherzwergenschubsersorce#8115whitestaruallobuasturmynaam 231 votes
No
65%
jazzfongkassabresabre10ogariouscqzm1nsidejqkorpivaellusnightwish021farymirpurrcbrowne0329joecool92allybell123lukaslokaswarpetvascheblazious11nazorinlemonchillxuhn 431 votes

Comments

• Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    Yes
    Buff the other sets

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    melodicahmelodicah Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    No
    ^^^ This.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    No
    No, I don't want my TR/HR/SW/DC crippled because the set interacts so strongly with the GWF.
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    Yes
    The set needs to be nerfed. Very much so. the devs once promised that new set bonuses would be small happy bonuses and not strong ones like we had before. Enter lostmauth set. Huge bonus to people it doesn't even have good stats for.

Once the lostmauth set is fixed to normalized levels then class balance can begin
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    No
    With the new pet, lostsmauth set is dwarfed.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    No

Buff the other sets

^^^This...
  • Options
    flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Yes
    Well, I guess it is too late to do so, especially with owlbear cub coming in new lockbox. But this game will be definitely more fun without elol set.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    No

With the new pet, lostsmauth set is dwarfed.

So the owlbear is as dumb as it looks?

I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    Yes
    Buff the other sets to make them viable choices, with real trade-offs.

Then, adjust content difficulty as needed to keep the fights challenging.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    No
    If they decide to nerf it, it'll only cause another massive chain reaction in which will take MONTHS to sort out. I'll be fine with it, but only if each class is rebalanced beforehand to make up for it.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    Yes
    Yes but the real problem are gwfs. If this will help reducing their damage, well nerf it
  • Options
    stretch611stretch611 Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    No
    Id actually like an option to a DPS only set.

With my multitude of characters that I have, I do have the full lostmauth set on 4 toons. However those 4 toons are meant to be DPS... My CWs on the other hand use the Valindra's set... a choice I made because I wanted a Control Wizard that could actually Control. However I am regretting that choice and even considering going to the lostmauth set for my CWs... Why? Because control is a pipe dream. If you are in a t2... many control spell have no effect at all on mobs. Even worse, the Strong hold quest "Dagyrc the Merciless", a simple SH quest, any type of control shows him stopped for no more than a split second. It just proves that there is no love for the people that actually want a CW to be more than another DPS queen.

So until things are changed and we can actually give our CWs the ability to control again, we are limited to be DPS builds and only DPS builds.. I should sell my Plaguefires for vorpals and swap my tiamat set out for the lostmauth set and become just another DPS class instead of trying for something different.

But if things like the tiamat set had an noticible effect on control, and control was something worth while, it would actually be an option for people that want a "Control" Wizard to use instead of the lostmauth set being the only viable option in the game.
    @stretch611

Murphster - SS CW | Jennsen Rahl - MoF CW
    Taarna - GWF
    Eowyn - Protector OP | Leela - Devoted OP
    Mara Jade - TR
    Leeloo - Tempt SW | Kahlan Amnell - Fury SW | Galadriel - Damnation SW
    Sturm Nightblade - GF
  • Options
    bigredbrentbigredbrent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 155 Arc User
    No
    How about instead of nerfing the lostmauth set, they buff the other sets to be just as useful.
  • Options
    smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    No
    I voted no. I want the other sets to be buffed. Maybe AFTER that a nerf could be warranted.
  • Options
    bittynationbittynation Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    No
    NO! not all classes benefit from the set like the GWF does. HRs only get 5%-6% damage out of the set at best and it's BIS for HRs too.
  • Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    No
    No, there's no reason for!

cuz to make the set work for you,
    you need to have over +10k-15k crit at least to starting,
    but if you have lower are the set nothing special..
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • Options
    hedgebethedgebet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 447 Arc User
    Yes
    It has to be addressed and fixed, otherwise any new class balances or changes will have to be built around the set. This is a no brainer and I cannot imagine how anyone would not realize this obvious point.

To avoid excessive complaints, for a period of time they could allow 100% rp changes to other artifacts choices if players wanted to then change and not lose their investement.
  • Options
    ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    No
    farming this set is hard work, and we did it for a reason! ...

there will be so many more things happening in game, many more possibilities,
    why limit the old ones, instead of looking forward to new ones?
    --- enhancing other sets and bringing out new viable ones is just one of these possibilities...
    enjoy the game! :)
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Whoa, did not really expect this result.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    kievitzkievitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 260 Arc User
    Yes
    Fix all the bugs and lostmauth set and then balance the chars, and what i saw in th Q&A video, they don't know how their games char powers, feats and item bonuses even work together code wise. So with this rate the balance in this game is fixed in the year 2020 or later.

One of my friends (20 years professional experience in coding and programming, in both games and programs for pc ) said when he played NWO and quit after a few months, that fixing bugs takes too long in this game and that is because of bad programming and code. Dunno, but if an professional makes that kind of statement, something is definetly wrong.

• Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    No
    If they buffed the Valinda's set to have the same effect, I'd switch. ;D
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Yes

I don't want it nerfed. I want it to work as intended. Currently it appears to do much more than indicated. If they proclaim the LM set to be as intended, I want the tooltip adjusted accordingly and other sets implemented similar to the LM set but with other stats. Defense or recovery for example instead of damage.

Basically this, but I didn't withhold my vote as others calling for it to be BALANCED have done. "Nerfed" is a very loaded term that should not have been used in creating this poll.

Do you do enough damage without your Lostmaunster? Of course you did. This set and a few other things serve to utterly trivialize the content, and then if content is balanced for you, it's too hard for people who don't have the same toys you do.

Other damage procs based off weapon damage don't benefit from damage bonuses, and therefore don't blow the numbers into the stratosphere. That's why people are so disappointed in the baby owlbear. Stuff needs to be balanced around being NOT-Lostmauth, not around how it measures up to Lostmauth, because Lostmauth itself isn't balanced.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia