test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Would you like the Lostmauth's Set being adjusted?

Comments

• Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    No
    It does not need to be nerfed to me. But some of the other sets do need to be buffed to make them more useful. It is the same with weapon/armor enchants. None of them need to be nerfed either, but many of them need to be buffed.
  • Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    Yes
    The set needs fixing so it doesn't multiple off additional buffs. In addition, the other sets need looking into. Each set should be on par. Whether this is done in the form of nerfing Losty, or buffing the rest, I don't really mind.
  • Options
    karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    Yes
    Yes, if you do it to an reasonable amount and also increase the viability of the other sets.

i prepared a post about every set and how you could adjust them properly, but the forum ate it. Soooo yeah. I don't write it down again.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    No
    I voted no. I spent a large amount of AD getting this set and upgrading it, so that I could do a ton of damage. I would like other sets to be buffed, or new sets added that are on-par with what the Lostmauth set can do.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    descend#9572 descend Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    No
    How about we start nerfing other class top passives like the cw had done? I bet most people wouldnt be complaining about the set then.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    No
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Yes

Well, I am pretty sure every TR wanted to keep the Knife's Edge and SoD bugs, but they were broken, LM is broken.

I didn't!
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    Yes
    kreatyve said:

I voted no. I spent a large amount of AD getting this set and upgrading it, so that I could do a ton of damage. I would like other sets to be buffed, or new sets added that are on-par with what the Lostmauth set can do.

It would still be BiS for you.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    Yes
    Nerf can also mean "adjust it", like proc the weapon damage that can't be altered by buffs and can't crit. Currently it can all of that.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Yes
    Buff other sets vs. nerf eLoL?

The LM set adds way too much dps in the best cases, imo, but that doesn't mean it should stop being BiS for most dps builds either. Problem is that LM is so good, and the other optiosn are so weak, that even non-dps builds are taking it w/o question. So, a mix of both approaches is what I'd want: make the other sets better, but don't make LM scale too crazily w/ dmg buffs (as it does now).
  • Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    Yes
    flowcyto said:

Buff other sets vs. nerf eLoL?

The LM set adds way too much dps in the best cases, imo, but that doesn't mean it should stop being BiS for most dps builds either. Problem is that LM is so good, and the other optiosn are so weak, that even non-dps builds are taking it w/o question. So, a mix of both approaches is what I'd want: make the other sets better, but don't make LM scale too crazily w/ dmg buffs (as it does now).

This this, a thousand times this!
  • Options
    archangelzorak01archangelzorak01 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 324 Arc User
    Yes
    There is a difference between an item set bonus being Strong vs. Overpowered. Strong set boni are perfectly fine, but anytime something crosses the line into overpowered it needs to be addressed, no matter what category it falls into; be it set bonus, skill scaling, or item/skill/power crossover.

When a set bonus is capable of increasing the overall damage output of a class by upwards of 30% it crosses the line and then some.

I understand perfectly well why people are hesitant to give in to a change in this particular instance. A balance pass to the Losty set would potentially reduce the dps of anyone using it. No one likes to give up power once they have it. In this case, however, it is very much justified.

Just don't nerf it so hard that it becomes completely useless. Any change regarding this issue must be done carefully and cautiously. (and with a great deal of testing)
    Neverwinter Module 6: The only MMO expansion in the history of MMO's to remove more content than it added.

• Options
    taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    No
    Big no. As a sw player set doesn't even work properly with sw, it doesn't proc all powers. Overall damage increase of set ain't that significant with sw, under 10% (depends powers you use)
    Our problem is gwf's damage output and yes lostmauth's set is big part of it, but there is better ways to reduce that damage. Reduce self buffs, weapon damage, stacks...
  • Options
    mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    No
    60% of players use this set, if they nerf it, there will be lots of unhappy customers. Unhappy customers don't really like to spend much money on something that makes them unhappy ....
    Anyway. What needs to be done is:
    1. Create alternatives
    2. Make content that requires more damage.
  • Options
    sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    The new companion, from what I read, functions similar to Lostmauth set.
    If cryptic nerfs the lostmauth set now, who will want/buy the new companion (knowing that it too may eventually be nerfed)?
  • Options
    spqwnspqwn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 43 Arc User
    Yes
    Wow, I can't believe how ignorant people can be. Read the tool tip people. It is not WAI. It should just add weapon damage, not weapon damage multiplied by every possible damage multiplier + crit.
    The set is BIS for every DPS class. This is not normal.
    Buff other sets?! That would be just wrong. I should be able to chose Int belt as a CW, or Dex belt as a TR, not forced into using a set because it's just too good to pass.
    You say they should not nerf it because it will upset people?! If the ability points are good for your class, you should not be upset; if they are not, too bad, why choose a set just because it is bugged?

Maybe the only way of pleasing everyone is fixing it just for pvp, as PVEers are not willing to drop any dps.
  • Options
    asthazarfasthazarf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Yes
    Reason versus greed.

Having it do what the tool tip says is a severe nerf. The mix of slightly nerfing LM, and slightly buffing other sets sounds reasonable, although it needs careful analysis.

[edit] Rather than adjusting it to fit the current tool tip, I'd give it a target limit. [/edit]

However... I repeat: you're going about it the wrong way. You (devs) shouldn't tweak characters based on provided gear. You should have balanced classes first, and THEN tweak gear to meet whatever purpose it was made for.

Think of it this way: you nerf LM and buff other sets now; when (actually, if) you balance classes, guess what will happen to the sets again.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Yes
    sangrine said:

If cryptic nerfs the lostmauth set now, who will want/buy the new companion (knowing that it too may eventually be nerfed)?

But it DOESN'T, because it doesn't benefit from damage modifiers, doesn't proc from all attacks, and only procs from the first tick of stuff that DoTs (Lostmauth shouldn't either, but they've missed things so people build around it). And people are boo-hooing that it's not powerful like their precious, precious Lostmaunster, even though the companion damage bonus being fairly small *is* balanced.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    asthazarfasthazarf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    Yes

sangrine said:

But it DOESN'T, because it doesn't benefit from damage modifiers, doesn't proc from all attacks, and only procs from the first tick of stuff that DoTs (Lostmauth shouldn't either, but they've missed things so people build around it). And people are boo-hooing that it's not powerful like their precious, precious Lostmaunster, even though the companion damage bonus being fairly small *is* balanced.
    Precisely.

They're comparing a reasonable boost to an overpowered one they've become accustomed to.
  • Options
    izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    No
    There should be more options for DPS classes, usefull enough to consider changing LoL set for sth else.
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Yes

Whoa, did not really expect this result.

Why not? The inactivity of the developers adressing this problem made everyone invest in the set and refinement. Now they dont want to lose the investment. Plain and simple.

I want the set to be nerfed, but now its too late. And other bugs/problems in the game are in the same spot. They will be part of the core soon and accepted by all.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User

Have you actually tested the new companion? Yes or no?
  • Options
    deanblockley89deanblockley89 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    No
    Sometimes the best way to balance the game is to re-balance the other sets and classes by minor buffs. Is nerfing a class the best way to level the playing field? Or is it better to fix the other classes first then assess how overpowered the class it? Same principle.

The thing with the lostmouth set isn't just how good it is. It is how bad the other sets are in comparison. As a warlock I think the set only adds like 5-10% more damage. But the other sets are so lackluster that I'm forced to use it even though the stats are useless for my class.

Buff/add other sets to the game then tweeting the lost mouth set wont feel like such a nerf
  • Options
    bankatushenkibankatushenki Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    No
    No, buff other sets, release new one or nerf gwfs will be more smart decision. >:)
  • Options
    No
    People will always ruin a good thing. Let it go already. They have royally screwed up class balancing so that is the FIRST thing they should fix before messing with anything else.
  • Options
    umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    Yes
    metalldjt said:

mmm1001 said:

60% of players use this set, if they nerf it, there will be lots of unhappy customers. Unhappy customers don't really like to spend much money on something that makes them unhappy ....
    Anyway. What needs to be done is:
    1. Create alternatives
    2. Make content that requires more damage.

to create alternatives closer to what lostmauth does now , let me tell you how it will look like

Valindra set 3/3 increases your control bonus and control resist by 100%.
    Imperial set 3/3 you have 100% chance to deal 100% weapon damage + amplified.
    black ice set 3/3 you have 100% chance to deal 100% wepaon damage as piercing damage
    tiamat set 3/3 you now get 50% inc.healing and 50% outgoin healing.
    lathandar set 3/3 you do not need a soulforge anymore,when you die you get ressurected with 50% of your hitpoints back
    emblem of seldarine 3/3 heals the bearer for 10% when he takes 2% of his hitpoints in damage,before mitigation.

^ here are your alternatives, it will totally balance out.
    i know for a fact that a dev said that these should not be significant, dunno what you guys understand what significant means.
    When a entire build is revolved around it, that is way to significant than it should.
    This.

If you want to boost other sets, I see a lot of rage coming from pvp against a valindra set that's reajusted to how Lol set works.