test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Would you like the Lostmauth's Set being adjusted?

Comments

• Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    Yes

@strumslinger

Ok, thanks for that clarification! :)

That being said, if NOTHING is done to the eLoL Set, something SHOULD be done to buff the other sets to be at least somewhat competitive w/the eLoL Set.

I'd be fine w/either:

1. Bring eLoL Set performance into balance with the current performance of other Sets.
    2. Bring other Sets into balance with the current eLoL Set.

I'd actually prefer option 1 - as option 2 means that without a set, you are being left behind. I should be able to choose the CON belt on my OP, or the DEX belt, or the INT belt, or even many of the Necks and Belts you can make in Jewelcrafting, rather than having to have a set in-order to be viable.
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    No

Buff the other sets

^ This.

Getting the set was a pain. Just don't buff something without figuring
    out all the possible exploits it may cause.

You should certainly make it easier to get the Black Ice set.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    Yes
    Voted Yes.

To those saying "just buff other sets":

yeah, other sets need a power up and a rework. But this doesn't solve the issue. Lostmauth set damage is too floating. Making it under damage buffs, what happens is that some classes (GWFs) can boost the bonus to OP levels.
    What you need is to normalize it (yeah, i use this term a lot). When i say "normalize" i mean that the bonus must deal the same amount of damage and provide the same amount of DPS boost, on every class.
    To achieve this you just must unlink it from weapon damage and damage buffs, which change a lot across classes.

So you make it, for example, a fixed amount of damage, let's say 3k, that is boosted by crit severity. So the 3k damage can become 6k at 100% crit severity, or 7.5k if the player got 150% crit severity (P.Vorpal+).
    ICD on the bonus of 1 second (or DoT classes would get too much damage from it).

Which is still a very good amount of damage, but available equally to all DPS classes.

About other sets:

- must increase the damage on those sets, like BI set, that deal a low amount of damage. Must increase it to be good on, for example, non-crit builds. Damage must be on par with eLoL set, but unlinked from crit. For example, 2k piercing damage on every hit, with 1s internal cooldown (ICD).

- lathander set must resurrect the player out of soulforged, so players using it are not forced to use SF as armor enchant. Cooldown on the resurrect must be a bit higher than a SF resurrection. And goes on cooldown if you get resurrected by another "source" (soulforged). This way, for example, a user with negation+lathander gets resurrected and healed every 90s. Same user with SF gets resurrected every 75 seconds (perfect+), creating a small sinergy.
    Fix the bug that makes anvil of doom and SE, delete the healing effect (sometimes finishers like those two moves, make you resurrect with oly base SF HPs (10k) instead of the total HP.
  • Options
    erosennin92erosennin92 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 38 Arc User
    No
    NO!
    The answer to balance is not just adjusting ONE set, but to consider all of them and how they interact with the classes in order to give equal (or semi-equal) alternatives to everyone.

It is not a matter of how il LM Set overpowered atm, but a matter of "are really the other set bonuses as impacting as LM's one?".

Azeroth Godwill - (Half)Drow - Virtuous AC DC - iLvL 4k

• Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    No
    No, many of f2p players grinded for months until we managed to buy the artifact for over two-third a million AD. We are not those GWFs nor CWs who will get one-third of extra dps from the set effect, we just get that tiny boost of maybe 5-10% dps ( acceptable? ) but after we spent so many effort to get it, everyone saying there are two classes who are too OP with the set so nerf this set pls. Why not just revise the interaction of LoL set with CW and GWF and tune their effect on these 2 classes down?? Please be fair to all players especially those who spent great amount of time and AD for this set.
  • Options
    fullmetalaricxfullmetalaricx Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    No
    No thanks
    Fix CLASS balances FIRST before item balances
    Its the basic on any MMORPG

And not everyone coughs up AD (not anymore) nor the luck to get it from a chest just to simply throw it away in case its adjustments faceplants it to the ground.
  • Options
    bauggsbauggs Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    Yes
    ...this clearly shows why this game is dying...atleast i got other game to play now gg
    still voted yes
  • Options
    hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Yes
    The set needs to be adjusted.Mod6 rework was done cause of the powerful sets in the game and the armor set bonuses.
    The devs made them obsolete and said from now on,they will not introduce again such powerfull sets.

They break that with the LostM Set,and what a coinsidense we are back again to mod2/3/4/5.Adds are melted and dungeons are done in 6-8 mins.
    Adjust the set,and do not buff the others.The damage must come by wise stat distribution and gameplay(rotations etc).
    Not of a broken, not WAI set.
  • Options
    blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    No
    Make your

They break that with the LostM Set,and what a coinsidense we are back again to mod2/3/4/5.Adds are melted and dungeons are done in 6-8 mins.

Nop. Dungoens after module 6 start where very tough with the DR bug. All they had to do is to fix the DR bug. They did and 1000s of ppl still cryed about that dungeons are still to hard. So they made them so easy that we are almost got module 5. It started not with LM set.
    Funny thing:
    After the fixing most of the players still doing cragmuire with bug using...lol
  • Options
    sher0013sher0013 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    No
    PvE GWF's and PvP GF's huge damage need to be fixed, not eLoL set
  • Options
    hawkendhawkend Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Yes
    So, list of arguments why peoples doesnt wanna adjust Lostmauth:
    1) Because they are spend many ADs to get this to legendary.
    -> You know it that its bugged, so why the hell are you now crying?
    2) Because they are losing a lot of damage.
    -> Passive damage is not way. Did you think that adjust is only one thing to fix this game?
    3) Because they are thinking thats its fine.
    -> Sure, make ACT logs and compare this with your powers.
    4) Because its gonna to interrupt SWs in PvP by lowering Soul Sparks gaining.
    -> Soon you gonna to get rework, so why are you crying?

You just dont wanna guys to any changes in this game, what i can say more? Lostmauth set is version 2 of Imperial Set with higher uptime. Stormspell, deep gash werent fair and they nerfed it. Lostmauth its this same thing what these old broken stuffs.

@taitinhakkaaja

One big BS. SWs have although got attention from devs. HRs are blow off by devs for much longer than your class. You are should be happy that devs saying anything about your class on forum and the medias.
    Post edited by hawkend on
  • Options
    taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    No
    That "soon" received sw rework was promised year ago. Still we wait and i'm really surprised if anything happens this year.
    Every sw player knows that set is only good for spark gain, actual dps boost is very little. But as a hell bringer i don't even gain benefit from spark gain, i'm only worried about AD loss.
  • Options
    Yes
    if you guys want balanced game hard contents +rewards stop being selfish or childish..it doesnt matter what you guys think or how much time/ad you have wasted to get lolset its broken we all know that and things cant be balanced around broken items.
    if you want to save this game stop being childish/selfish little kids.
    there is so much to do and this is just one step but its good step.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    Yes
    lolset bonus on GWF sometimes tops the orignal damage, having more than a 100% bonus dependant on buffs, that´s stated several times
    same you can find at GF but not that crazy, I recognized up to 50% lolsetboni only looking once in my log
    some wrote they want to balance classes arround that set, telling to keep it as it is and balance classes according to the damageoutput....
    I never heared anything more stupid, sry
  • Options
    linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
    No

Buff the other sets

I agree with this...Buff others 1st ..
  • Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    No
    I think the poll speaks for itself.

If the people that voted yes held the majority opinion in the poll, would they still try to be invaliding it by saying it's too small a pool for a definitive conclusion? Ofcourse not. No one likes to lose so instead its straw-man attack the poll.

Look, if this forum voting pool is invalid at getting a opinion from the community, what's the alternative?
    Log into the game and ask every player "hey lost set, buff or leave?" That's not possible. Emotion > reason.
    IMO, this forum poll is the best way to get an opinion-metric Strum asked for. It's not perfect, but putting human opinion and numbers in the same framework never is. And the metric points to no.

Remember some of the old sets that were OP? Where they go?
    Everything you're wearing will be obsolete sooner or later.

Stop with the insults and realize others having an opinion other then yours doesn't make them ignorant, stupid, childish (those are just from the last 3 posts in this thread). Calm down. Constructive conflict is what makes humans unique.

• Options
    jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    No
    There are so many other messed up things that deserve more attention than this set I play HR so get no great benefit from it I use the lathandars set for survival but the stats need a increase for the set to produce like it should. The EloL set is good for now due to new pets coming but certain classes get big benefits from the set and class balance is the issue not the set.
  • Options
    Yes
    im very calm dude.you all should stop for couple hours and think just think how can you balance anything with broken gear broken basics etc? you just cant.but hey there really is better games out there my opinion still is the set is broken.
    think about this.
    lets make gloves for dps classes: they give same stats for everyone but they have special damage
    50000dmg when gwf wears these gloves +stats.
    40000dmg when cw wears these gloves +stats.
    5000dmg when hr wears these gloves +stats
    and all the others in between
    but cos they give so good stats and there still is this bonus we all use it is this balanced ?
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    Yes
    In case the majority really thinks it would be benefitial to buff all other sets to make them equally broken, what would you suggest?
    Valindra set get´s a 100% controlbonus?
    --> It will be amusing to read the crying threads about CW´s soloing every dungeon, me having left this sinking ship at that time
    and I am sure I will see the same "smart" guys, crying rivers how that could have happened and they want a rework of their class to do the same with a, lets say GF, because it´s said to be a leader, defender and a -->controler <--
    Black Ice set: instead of a chance to deal 10% unresistable weapon damage, it´s a 50% chance to deal 10% on top?
    Seldarin: heals for 10% taking bigger hits?
    no solutions for this game, things getting more and more broken
    the new companions surely are the next generation of gamebreaking BS
    this game is condemned to break its own neck
  • Options
    Yes
    john6522 said:

No. It seems most want this Nerfed purely for us GWFs. If you take away one set mechanic for our DPS.. What will you give the GWF for compensation? We are a melee character with little to no CC.

take a look at this post....DONT ask from players what to do if the thing IS Reported 1000times broken its broken and its proven.stop this madness