test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

State of the Game - 25 Feb. 2010

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Executive Producer Craig "Zinc" Zinkievich has rematerialized once more with more updates on what's coming up next for Star Trek Online.

Read it now!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Woo, sounds awesome.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    good info, thanks!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Sounds good to me; loving it all so far and can't wait for more to come our way!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Cool can't wait.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Someone will whine.....you know it will happen.

Keep up the good work gents. STO can only get better. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    you know your right i am going to complain because they already missed a date for an update proof is on ign.com
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Love it, but don't forget - we need more clothes :D

Alice
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Thank you Cryptic, my quickly fading faith in you has been restored.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    how exactly did the arguments against death penalties get totally overheard?

Don't give up craig. we don't wat dp's ^^
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Great post, I would honestly love to see these more often.

I'm personally a little leery of a death penalty, as I like things as-is, but like any good Borg, I'm sure I'll adapt to whatever you guys come up with.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    i have one hope that i think all that are in my rank are shouting for........THE ABILITY TO RANK UP FURTHER AND NEW SHIPS LIKE THE JUPITER SHIPS AND THE FUTURE SHIPS THAT ARE LIKE THE ONES IN THE ENTERPRISE EPISODE WHERE ARCHER GOES AND WITNESSES THE BATTLE BETWEEN THE FUTURE HUMANS AND THE EXPANSION BUILDERS.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    First I really like the update and I like how plain fun English it was written in. No boring stuffiness there!!

No about the Death Penalty!!

NO NO NO NO... I want to keep playing no having to look for my body or ship... Not fun.. I like how you have it setup now..
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    well it all sound great, i just hope they dont go overboard on the dp and turn it into another reding game, nothing get rid of players faster than loosing a days play to one death.

everything else sound wonderful
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Sounds awesome!!!!!

Death penalty = good idea

Please add bridge combat and ship interiors asap!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    First of all, thanks for the great info and taking the time to write it all up.

The whole "Death Penalty" thing is an interesting topic. I, for one, like the lack of a death penalty... however, I also understand the need to care about loss. It's tough. There are some times when I will enter a Deep Space Encounter and be warped right into the middle of an opposing fleet... it's a little annoying, but nothing severe. But with a Death Penalty, this problem would be almost unbearable. I know you lovable gents at Cryptic will come to a solution that will work for all parties, and I look forward to seeing it.

For the record, STO is the first MMO I have ever felt was good enough and compelling enough to pay a monthly fee for. Thanks for that. Cheers.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Damn great "state of the game address". I respect the openness.

All i can say now is:
    Git-r-dun
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Who are the Undine and what drives them?

call the big boss one Sheeba :D

How can we better exploit the Genesis System to create even more compelling content?

Convince a dev that planet X found by player Y, used by Fleet Z must go boom ?

Where can we boldly go next? Where shall we take exploratory missions, as there's so much potential there?

hmmm Fluidic Space :D

Which faction should be playable next? Romulan? Cardassian? Pakled? Dominion? Horta? Okay, not so much the Pakleds.

Undine!! :D though.. back into reality.. meh.. Romulans.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    "We already know what you think about a death penalty, Craig – but The Community really thinks it's a good idea"

What? NO Bad idea! BAD idea!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I've been waiting for Romulans and now seeing that it could be the next faction playable I am hyped and cant wait. Bring it all on i know i am ready like a lot of other people are as well. Great read and cant wait to see it happen.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Sounds great, the 2 things I miss however...

- Fully 3D space combat
    - Improved ground combat

I hope they are coming too...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You guys are the tops, man. Keep it up. I'm patiently waiting for all the potential of this great game to be realized. It's got it's problems and its charm, and it's going to be one helluva game if the developers continue to show their love for it and listening to the community. A+ for the listening to us part, a VERY important part of good development !
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Nice update :)

Also, I liked the little survey you guys did. Release more similar surveys :)
    Make sure they are prominent in the STO launcher, so that people who don't have twitter or visit the website can see in the launcher.
    Plus it's always nice getting free Cryptic points :P
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Sweet

Maso wrote: »
    Sounds great, the 2 things I miss however...

- Fully 3D space combat

I hope they are coming too...

Hell no
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Great job you guys! I love the game and the improvements really show! \\//(^.^)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ok In opening I want to say thanks for bringing us this adventure!
    Just the logistics of the Bugs you have squashed from the beta till today just blew me away.
    If your team has never played the old board game "Starfleet Battles", Then I suggest you get your hands on this game and play it. You have from my perspective captured and brought this board game to the computer world.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    awesome news cant wait for the respec amongst other things.

and please no DP game is sweet the way it is :D.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Wow now that was....something. So much stuff crammed into that. Good read, and looking forward to it.

Now I have to ask since it wasn't on the list, what's the ETA on letting people choose their instance again when changing zones so they can better meet up with friends without having to zone twice?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    thank you cryptic my faith was starting to waver but now i know i made the right choice. i can't wait for the updates i like the mention of a first officer and can't wait to see the new ships you guys are working on. as for us your ravenous players ever really ask for is to be kept updated even just a few words on what you guys are doing is better than nothing for days on end. again your doing a wonderful job thanks for the awsome game

"Anti-lvl Cap"
    "pro first officer slot"
    "can i please get the re-name my captin option in my c-store a typo on my captins name has been bugging me seince lt.2"
    "Anti-DP"
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    What I want to know is if and when voice overs for BOs are coming. I can't connect with them because they don't say anything! >_< I want them screaming commands and status reports in the heat of battle, not the drab, emotionless computer....

WHEN ARE THE VOICES COMING??? Seriously, if it's a matter of man-power, I have a production company. I have a bevy of competent actors. Cryptic, we can work something out! I just want my BO's to talk... ;_;
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    im hoping they include onboard ship mission, the first officer sounds good, i just hope that if they put in captains quarters, and make them customizable, add some models or trophies or somesuch, wheres my fishtank, cant have a ready room without a fishtank