test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,181 Arc User
    Nick: alright, so even if she is shielded when she leaves, the anomalies will be back here then? Cause that is what I was trying to figure out.

Freeman: *he stands there with Mira, his helmet back on*
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,243 Arc User
    Janri: It will be nice to be somewhere warm again. And Val... you're doing pretty good. *she smiles and walks into the portal, her war club on her shoulder*

T'Panne: As stated previously, my past self will be one from before I ever entered the anomaly, none of my selves can be in the anomaly, or the entire effect is canceled. A Temporal shield may prevent the effect temporarily, but it requires an especially powerful one to counteract it for long.

Reashe: Mostly... but I'd like to do something nice when we get back.

Clea: *she gives a nod and looks forward, waiting for them to return to the ship*
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,929 Arc User
    Val: thanks. *she says an walks into the portal along with Kara. They end up back on nexas ship*

Kara: with that out of the way I will be going.

Val: *nods* see yo around then

Kara: of course. And if anything with your other half gets out of hand let me know. You all take care now. *she says opening a portal*

*the LAAT’s land in the hanger and its occupants exit. Jorin silently disappears while everyone leaves. At the back end of the hanger is a memorial wall with the armor of the fallen meticulously being sorted thru and set up for display there’s already a few gathered carving the deceased’s names into the wall*

Kenzie: I suppose that’s that then…

Mira: *walks over to the wall*
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    Nick: You could wear my manipulator then.... I think I finally get what you meant. I was looking at this from a different perspective. the shielding on it is second to none. its easier if we keep you whole of mind while we travel before you're split apart.

Bri: That does sound a bit easier.

Freeman: *he walks over with Mira* I ordered this. Nobody wanted to argue. I hope it was a good idea. give everyone time to remember before its all reforged for their kin.

Seku: *she sighs, stepping off the LAAT before turning and looking back at Rin, staring at the LAAT for a moment too* Too many times in one of those.... feels... weird.
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    Janri: now then, time for some relaxation. *she gives Val a quick but gentle hug trying to cheer her up* Maybe some time with Nexa will do you some good. I'll be... practicing I guess. Or preparing something to slow cook for dinner.

T'Panne: Very well, we shall attempt it. *she offers to take it*

Rin: Memories of a time long past? *she looks to Seku starting to lead them away*

Rax: Maybe I should cook something for morale... *he holds his bony chin before putting his helmet back on and walking away*

Reashe: I feel... empty right now. I don't know what to do after that.
  • Options
    *kara disappears in a portal*

Val: I hope I can be a better teacher in the future for you…

Kenzie: why don’t you join everyone at the wall over there I’ll be there once I get my armor off. *she says quickly walking off*

Mira: it was a great idea, we’ve got a space now to remember the fallen….

*Jorin paces reading a data pad as a well decorated mandalorian walks up to her*

Jorin: *looks up from her pad* what’s the damage carver?

Carver: mainly scraps and scoring no real damage to the hill, any idea what you’re ganna do with the droids?

Jorin: might as well keep them around, have that magna guard watch over them. Give’em something to do and set course for coruscant I’ll be in engineering….

Carver: I know I haven’t been here long but are you alright? Losing that much of the clan it can’t be good for your mental state…

Jorin: I’m fine just need to run some diagnostics. *she walks off*

Carver: if you’re sure then. *he also walks off*
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    Nick: *he takes his gauntlet off his wrist and hands it over* alright, let's get this show on the road.

Bri: Right. back to the Tepes. *She looks to T'Lera*

Seku: Yeah. The war. Going on missions in those things when I wasn't in a starfighter... I had more camaraderie with my pilots then the ground troops. My master was more of the ground fighting type. His lightsaber was also a blaster. He wanted me to learn all the forms. Saw that it's what I was best at. Guess it was all part of his plan... Think I told you, but he went missing before the end of the war. I passed my trails but couldn't formally be promoted without him around. So I was tasked with finding him.... And then, the purge happened. *She follows Rin*

Freeman: If we were here sooner, we wouldn't need a place for this yet.
  • Options
    edited April 29
    Janri: You will I think. I'm still learning, even if there are some bumps along the way. Maybe one day I'll be able to do some of that other cool stuff we talked about. *she gives a bright smile, but here it's evident some of her wounds are still sore, her skin discolored in places. They're not open, but it's not a seamless heal yet. She'll need to focus more on it later.*

T'Lera: Lets beam up. *she nods too, and after T'Panne puts on the device she gives the order for them to be beamed to their respective destinations.*

*The modified Sagan class begins to leave the station from a hidden dry dock in the moon fragment, plotting a course for outside the anomaly and then to Vulcan*

Clea: *she bites her thumb wondering if there's more she can do for Jorin but she probably needs some space for a bit.*

Reashe: *She nods and begins to head over there.*

Rax: *He makes his way to the mess hall to make some mandalorian cuisine for the occassion to try and give something to cheer everyone up*

Rin:some good memories and some bad... some really bad. Your master did have a good eye for your talents though.

I'm sorry that everything happened. I wonder what might have changed if the Jedi had found me, instead of me finding that holocron. How different I'd be. If I would have survived. But I like where I am, I'm happy we're together finally. *she holds Seku's hand as they walk*

Do you think you'll ever see your master again? He might be out there somewhere...
  • Options
    Val: maybe some day. *she gives a small smile before walking off to nexas room*

*she opens to door* hey we’re back.

Kara: ah yer back, how’d it go?

Mira: what were we supposed to do kick the hyperdrive to make it go faster? There’s no sense it worrying about what could have been….

Kenzie: *gets out of her armor and walks back over to reashe gently lifting her into a hug as she purrs* I hope this helps.

Jorin: *walks into engineering and finds a secluded place to sit down*
  • Options
    Nick: *he looks around the bridge of the Sagan class, whistling impressed* Now this is a nice ship.

Bri: *now beamed back to the tepes she goes to the bridge and takes the captains chair* Captain has placed me in command. T'Lera, coordinate with Lieutenant Sn'ket. Koroh, be ready so set course, its gonna be a tough one! we're going back in time! Captain's orders!

Freeman: we could have sent a scout force. the crusader could have made it in a third of the time. maybe even more. its a .5 class hyperdrive.

Seku: I can fly and i am the best duelist there is, i know all the forms... I think you're right.
  • Options
    Nexa: *she looks like she's drawing something in a sketchbook and she smiles when she notices Val has come in* So, how'd it go? Not too much happened while you were down there mostly just busying myself.

Janri: It wasn't too bad, but I'm a bit sore.

Nexa: *she raises an eyebrow*

Janri: No, none of that, there was some sparring involved.

Nexa: Well I'm glad to hear it was alright. I'll have us continue to K-13.

T'Lera: Pretty well, but we need to do a bit of work to help cure T'Panne of something, she's been at this place for so long because she can't leave else something bad happens involving timey wimey stuff. We're gonna head to the past, while Nick helps her out here, and hope that in the future she'll be able to make it. *she tries to give a brief summary of T'Panne's condition*

Reashe: *She snuggles into Kenzie's arms* It does, it really does.

Rin: Well, it's a solemn night, maybe we should get some drinks in remembrance for times long past and for the fallen?
  • Options
    Val: what were you thinking I was going on down there?

Kara: *slowly nods as she listens to t’lera* this is exactly why temporal mechanics suck a**….. *she looks at bri* I’ll get out of the way and let you all work then. *she walks off to a random corner*

Mira: I don’t think anyone was predicting a siege… *she lets out a heavy sigh as her ears droop* we failed them… plain and simply…. I could have portaled there in an instant to check on them before hand but I didn’t… I’m. So. F*cking. Stupid! *she smacks her forehead with the palm of her hand after each word*

Kenzie: *she smiles* and you’ll always have me to snuggle into when things get bad. I’ll never let you go. *her purring deepens as she jently sways from side to side*

*the venator jumps to light speed heading for coruscant*
  • Options
    Nick: So, time to set course to Vulcan. *He says, walking around the bridge of the Sagan class, inspecting the consoles in fascination*

Bri: *she looks to Kara* You don't have to go. I'm just relaying orders since this is a priority mission and we've got to depart.

Freeman: Sometimes I wonder what's the point of being like we are, you with your powers and me with the not dying like the rest of my family... I wonder what's the point of having them if we fail the people that need us when it matters in a time like this. A time it can't just be taken back... Don't get me wrong, I'm not begging for mortality to test it, but... Sure as hell makes me feel like a failure right now.

Seku: Are.. you sure that's a good idea with... You know... *She looks at the ground, hiding her embarrassed face from Rin.*
  • Options
    Nexa: Hmmm, well I imagined you were going to be going about doing things like hunting, casting spells. Whatever vampire business you do.

T'Lera: Time for time traveling... I've never done this myself aside from being flung to the future.

T'Panne: *The consoles are what one would expect to see on a bridge of this ship though there's some that have been altered or replaced with new ones, the advancement of recongifuration technology as seen on other vessels that utilize some of the burgeoning temporal technology. The ship is capable of quite the warp speed and it won't be too long before they arrive at vulcan.*

Rin: *She blushes and nods before pulling Seku closer to her* Maybe we enjoy something non alcoholic?

Reashe: Thank you Kenzie... for everything. *She snuggles closer, cooing in her arms and feeling safe and sound*
  • Options
    Val: well there was hunting and a bit of magic. I’m still getting my bearing as a teacher.

Kara: I just figured I’d get out of the way since I’m a civilian unless you want me to do something.

Mira: it’s just a part of life… we’re not immune to failure…

Kenzie: you can always count on me. *she stands there letting raeshe enjoy the moment*
  • Options
    Nick: Hope you're ready for the rest of your life that you have ahead of you... You might also end up locked in your current age, so that could be a long long time. Eternity even if you don't have any really bad battles or accidents.

Bri; I want you on my station at tactical just in case. We're going back to a time of heightened tensions basically. Klingons, Romulans, Doomsday machines, anything could blindside is if we're not expecting anything. and as time travelers we'll have to be careful of that. especially with other time travelers. *She looks at T'Lera* you're gonna end up seeing what could have been if you had stayed... Will you be able to handle that... You'll see the time you missed.

*The Tepes starts on its course to a star they can use for the slingshot maneuver*

Freeman: Failure we'll live with the rest of our long, long lives... So basically forever... When do we let go? When do we move on? Doing it now would be heartless, but when then? 50 years? 100? A thousand? A hundred thousand?... Never sounds like the right time to let it go....

Seku: right, that works then... Ever have hot corellian apple cider? Like cider cider not hard cider.
  • Options
    Janri: I did learn some things so it was good. I think I'll slow cook something for dinner for us, it'd be a nice way to relax.

Nexa: Maybe next time I should come along, I'd like to learn more about Vampires considering you both are some.

T'Panne: Spending Eternity wandering the galaxy is a logically better alternative than spending eternity confined to a single space station, would you not agree? *she gives the signature Vulcan eyebrow raise*

T'Lera: *she gives her a sad smile* We're most likely arriving after the incident with J'ula, and except for my daughter I already lost almost everyone else who could've been there for me. Its... complicated, I still feel like I'm "returning", but most of what I thought of from then is going to be gone, either dead or in the present/future where we arrived. I do feel bad for leaving T'Panne, but... whe was an adult by the time it all happened, and we have the future to make up for it.

Reashe: I think Rax was gonna cook something... let's get some food from him then I'd like to be alone with you for a while... if that's okay. *she looks up at her with her featureless red eyes*

Rin: I don't think I have, but it's sounding tempting. Let's grab some and go to our room.
  • Options
    Val: that sounds nice, at least you learned something out of it tho Kara was doing most of the teaching…. *she looks at nexa* you’re interested in that sort of stuff?

Kara: *nods heading to the console looking it over* hmm just like the hiigara. Everything looks in order here.

Mira: honestly I dunno, it might be something that we carry with us indefinitely but you dont need to look at it as a weight. Look at it as a reminder to do better moving forward… dont get lost in this ok? It’s easy for immortals to fall into depression… least that’s what Kara says. *she gives a concerned expression as she looks into his eyes cupping his cheek in her hand* we’re in this together.

Kenzie: of course, *she gives a soft grin gently setting her down* shall we then? *she says leading her to the mess hall*

*after the armor of the fallen is sorted and set up most of the crew head to the mess hall to honor their dead comrades. The mess crew help rax on preparing a large enough feast*
  • Options
    Nick: I spent years trapped on a jem'hadar ship floating adrift in space after i killed its crew after... they took me and blew up my ship. Jem'hadar ships don't have viewscreens you know... they use these headsets that let you see what you're doing.... I would have spared their Vorta, but this one, not the cowardly type. he destroyed it beyond repair in front of me. naturally he didn't live long after... so i can say with absolute certainty that's its better wandering... Its not for everyone. been at it for over a thousand years, it takes getting used to. even for a Vulcan I'd assume.

Bri: Glad the station is to your liking, love. *she then looks to T'lera* My aunt ami is from around the time we're going i think. so there is a slim chance we could see her... but... yeah, you two have forever to get reacquainted. we're here for you.

Freeman: *he closes his eyes and focuses on mira* Together.... we're in this together.

Seku: So Freeman said he wants us to go find Eli sometime... we should do that, huh? side quest while everyone goes to Coruscant I really just don't wanna go to Coruscant.. too many memories...
  • Options
    Nexa: Of course, I want to know more about you and being a vampire is a part of who you are. *She smiles softly coming and giving Val a soft kiss*

T'Panne: We have naturally longer lives than humans, but even then immortality would be quite the test, but a logical mind might be more resilient to the passage of time. But it would be illogical to make any assumptions about something that most of my species is unlikely to ever experience.

T'Lera: We'll see what the situation is like. *It seems when they finish time traveling they arrive at the height of the klingon cold war around the time Kirk was still a captain, based on what T'Panne mentioned and the calculations this is precisely the area her past consciousness will arrive at.*

*Rax is leading the way with a big roast shatual, and some tiingilar, while helping the other crew members with the food they're contributing as well. The smell of the food is filling the mess hall*

Reashe: *She smiles a little as she smells the food* Well, they might actually have enough to support everyone's appetite at this rate.

Rin: We should... I don't know where to start, but I'd like that. I'd ask if anyone would like to come along, but will they want to when they have business on coruscant?
  • Options
    Val: *lets out a small “mrrph” her tail swaying happily behind her* when ever we go out next I’ll bring you along.

Kara: *nods* lets hope this turns out well….

Mira: there you go. *she hugs him softly purring* we’ll get thru this.

Kenzie: smells good too. *she walks to the bar top opposite the kitchen where rax and a few others are cooking, the room is filled with rowdy mandalorians drinking and chatting.* so what’s on the menu?

*Jorin runs diagnostics on the hyper drive trying to distract herself*
  • Options
    Nick: I'm just giving my opinion based on my own experiences and those of others like me.

Bri: T'Lera, status report, i need a stardate here. Sensors, we got anyone that caught us in the act here?

Freeman: That we will.... should we join the others eating and drinking... well no drinking for you.

Seku: Oh, you don't want it to be just the two of us? it could be fun. there is even no chance of running into his "other masters" that we trained him alongside, so it'll be fun.
  • Options
    Nexa: Something to look forward to then. I need to do some practicing of my own really but I haven't because I'm... scared. *she says with a sigh, giving the order for the ship to continue to K-13 while she leads them back to her quarters so Janri can cook while giving Nexa a chance to talk*

T'Panne: I do not know if any species would be well adjusted for eternity, but perhaps I will be spared a similar fate to yours hmm? I understand you are truly immortal in every way. If I am made ageless as a consequence of this solution it may not necessarily grant me full immortality.

T'Lera: Its stardate 8369.03, (We'll say it's the year 2269), and I'm detecting a ship in system, but I don't believe they've noticed us, they appear to be investigating Tartarus.

Rax: We've got a roast of an animal you've never seen before, some very spicy stew, some mandalorian sweet cakes, there's a few various side dishes to compliment them, and of course copious amounts of alcohol from all over the galaxy. Almost everything we make has plenty of spices so expect spicy options.

Reashe: *She bites her lip looking at the food and getting some of the roast for herself, and plenty of what look like potatoes and carrots*

Rin: Mmmm just the two of us does sound nice. *she smiles softly then kisses Seku* Plenty of time for ourselves along the way.
  • Options
    Val: why would you be scared?

Mira: sure why not. It’d probly do us some good.

Kenzie: sounds good to me. *she gets a variety of different food and a large pint of liquor* I thought Jorin would be around. *she says looking around the mess for her*

Marek: *walks over to them, the old mandalorian giving both Kenzie and raeshe a soft grin* he.. err she’s always been a shy one in these situations. Biggs would always have to drag her along. Tho now it would be easier for him since she’s much smaller in stature.

Kenzie: marek right? *he nods to o confirm* you must’ve been with them awhile then.

Marek: going on almost forty years now. Folks consider me the clans grandfather, they might as well be right since I raised a lot of them, Jorin included, her father I mean. He named him after himself when he found the kid already with one foot in the grave, after that they were practically inseparable, when Jorin was still around to keep from confusing the two we’d call the kid junior. When I saw that kid for the first time I thought he was a full grown adult he was massive, I thought Jorin was full of sh*t when he told me he was only 17 years old, well biologically anyway. Still don’t know much about her past since Jorin took it to his grave but that girls got a dark shadow a mile across where ever she goes. Despite all she’s been thru she’s got one of the kindest souls out there.

Kenzie: maybe some one should go get her….
  • Options
    edited May 9
    Nick: The only species I can think that are prepared and well adjusted are Lanthanites.. but even then they'd be more like how you ended up... I did acknowledge this when I first stated this to you. I've survived my body being exploded thirce. Direct Artillery hit, bomb in my chest, and nuclear war.... I never said I expected you to survive that... Just... Living a long long time... You get a choice when to end it if at all if things outside your control don't get a say themselves... It's my hope that you always.... Find something to keep you going the further and further away from this moment you travel. Maybe you'll embrace something greater than logic.

Bri: Kara, get us a view on the ship and magnify. I wanna know who we're seeing. T'Lera, come with me a sec. S'nket you have the conn momentarily *she heads to the ready room and starts to get changed* we'll need to look the part when we end up on Vulcan. We'll take turns getting changed just in case we have to answer any hails. *She replicates a Gold uniform of the era with Captain's ranks, going with pants and boots rather than a skirt uniform. Tying her hair back into her usual messy ponytail, blinking when she feels the fox ears still atop her head* damn it... Okay... Need to take care of these too or someone might ask weird questions...

Freeman: *he kisses mira's hand, holding his helmet under his arm and holding her hand with his free hand, leading her to join the others at the feast* I heard they brought our fighters onboard... Good to have my Fang fighter back, even better to have the U-Wing.

Seku: What ship should we take? Yours?.. a more transport friendly one if we gotta go find Eli... Assuming he doesn't have a ship of his own that is...don't get me wrong your ship is fun, but I do like standing every now and then... And I'm sure Eli won't wanna sit in the gunner seat if he doesn't have a ship of his own... We'll need to tell people that we'll be heading out to find him too, make sure we have the right comms so we can find them after too and bring him home...
    Post edited by nickkyana#2794 on
  • Options
    Nexa: I... if you remember the hellscapes... the torment and everything we all went through... that was because of me. When they put that monster... in me, I lashed out and helped create the nightmares those centuries ago... I think that other world existed before me... but I helped curse that town. It deserved it sure but I'm worried that if I try and learn more about what I can do I'll cause a new nightmare.

Janri: *she hugs Nexa from behind for a moment, Nexa resting her head against her before Janri let's go.* Hey, I believe in you. You're capable of great things, you've done great things. You made it out of all that still sane.

T'Panne: Are you suggesting there is some flaw in keeping a logical mind? I do understand that your people ever embrace your emotions more than we do, but while my mother seems... Odd compared to my memories of her, I still believe that logic should be a strong influence on one's worldview. Though I also believe in IDIC. We shall see how time influences me, even more than it already has. I have already spent almost two centuries confined to the Tartarus installation, it will be invigorating to experience new things.

T'Lera: *she nods to Bri, sighing for a moment then undresses though she remains by the replicator, torn on what rank she should pretend to be as having a second captain aboard would seem unusual... though maybe it would not be important enough to worry about.* Can't you make them poof away?

Clea: I'll go get her. *she starts to head off in the direction she senses Jorin, hurrying along so she won't miss out on the food*

Reashe: Hopefully she'll join us... *she has her food ready, looking wistfully after Clea*

Rin: Hey it's got space to spare. Not much... but it's got a bit of a cabin now. That other ship in the hangar would be fitting but I imagine the others would rather it stay here...
  • Options
    val: creating another nightmare..... *she stares off into space with a wide eyed expression as if reliving a memory* i cant fight myself again.... *she says in a weak voice*

kara: *pulls up an image of what ever ship is in front of them*

mira: wish i could've gotten mine...

marek: good luck.

kenzie: *looks at reashe with a brow raised* you ok there?

jorin: *paces around engineering holding her shoulder, a look of confusion on her face*
  • Options
    Nick: use that energy. Try new things. And just because you use logic doesn't mean you can't embrace emotions more as well. I've never understood how it's logical to completely cut one self off from something inside of them thats so... Essential. And yeah I know Vulcans don't completely cut themselves off, just heavily regulate themselves for the most part... It doesn't have to be that way.

Bri: If only it were that easy... *She gets into her temporary uniform* yeah I think this looks good... Now just gotta focus... *She sits down and closes her eyes*

Freeman: I'm sure we can fix yours eventually.

Seku: I'm not sure how you can put a cabin in an ARC-170, but I'm not gonna argue... We can't use the crusader more than likely, but maybe... Maybe there's a spacefairing gunship we can use?
  • Options
    Nexa: I promise I'll never let it get to that point. *she pulls Val into a hug and squeezes her tight*

Janri: *she joins in the hug, trying to soothe Val as she knows what she means.* It will be okay.

T'Panne: It is not as easy as you might think for a Vulcan to simply, choose to let loose. Pent up emotions can be dangerous.

*The ship is a Constitution class the U.S.S.... Enterprise.*

T'Lera: *she puts on a Captain's uniform like she used to wear, (the sort Pike does in the show) except with a tight skirt, stocking and knee high boots before sitting with Bri.* I'll try and not distract you, but I'd like your opinion on my uniform when you're done.

Reashe: *she nods* Just worried for Jorin. It seems like it's always one thing after another lately, and I don't know if she's handling it all well. It's a lot of pressure and trauma. I wish I could do more, I feel kind of powerless in situations like this.

Clea: *she finds her in Engineering, walking up to her with a soft expression.* Jorin? How are you doing?

Rin: There might be one lying around yeah. Would be better to have a freighter but beggers can't be choosers.
  • Options
    edited May 12
    Val: *shes stiff as a board as she lets out a scared mew*

Kara: hmm… *walks into the ready room* we’ve got a problem but first *she walks over to bri tying a marching yellow ribbon around her ears to hide them.* that fixes the ears… *she walks over and replicates an era appropriate security uniform with a matching red ribbon tying it to hide her own ears. Undressing and putting the skirt on with stockings under the boots. She then waves a hand over both her and Briana’s tails turning them invisible* you like the ribbon? I thought it’d be a cute idea to match. *she looks over bri and t’lera* so uuh who’s ganna be the captain then? Cuz the enterprise is the ship that’s out there and we need to high tail it out of here….

Mira: could put it on the to do list… I’m not sure how salvageable it is. I’m also not that good of a pilot…

Kenzie: instead of looking at it like that just so what you can, it might not feel like much but it could still make a difference.

Jorin: I’m fine just checking the hyper drive. There were some odd power fluctuations during the battle that I want to take care of.