test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,153 Arc User
    Nick: you might just stay paused in age. that's the only one i really forsee. so are we gonna do this now or do you need to schedule a time for later?

Bri: *she quietly thinks while looking around*

Seku: *she sighs*

Freeman: with this found... I'm going to regroup with the others. you get back to the ship with all this... and if that pirate comes back, he's gonna be cold. I'm sure at least one of you has the appropriate gear to "warm him up." both of these duties are yours and the honor that comes with them.
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,215 Arc User
    Janri: Val, no! *She just stops in shock guilt wracking her almost even with the pain of the sword in her shoulder. She focuses and starts to force the frost to shatter, so that Val can move again. She feels too slow, maybe if she had been faster she could've hit Kara...* I'm sorry... *She grips the warclub tighter, angry at herself again but she doesn't know what to do. She thought they were working together well with the team attack...*

T'Panne: I can do it when you are ready. I will need to write a report, but I think if this works I will finally be able to complete my tenure here.

T'Lera: I can get the calculations ready for it, I hope this works...
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,901 Arc User
    Val: *moves her jaw back into place as her wounds heal near instantly.* wow I actually felt that. You’ve really improved. *she shrugs off the injury as she looks at janri* I guess that’s something you’ll have to get used to. I’m fine janri it takes a lot more than that to kill me. Brace yourself I gotta get this out of you.

Kara: you still see thru the eyes of a mortal. Were I any other vampire you would have been killed leaving yourself open like that. Give Val some credit she’s a lot more durable then you think.

*the mandos gather around the funeral pyre all taking their helmets off and waiting for the rest to arrive*

Kenzie: *takes off her helmet*

Mando: *nods* we’ll make sure it all gets to the ship. And if any pirate shows up they will be dealt with.
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    Janri: *She relaxes seeing val is okay* I didn't think it would kill her its just I care about her and accidentally hurting her fills me with guilt. Even if I wasn't feeling guilty, having this sword lodged in my shoulder would've been a bit of a problem for me.

You're right though, I can't just freeze up because of an accident... *She stops for a moment and nods to Val, gritting her teeth as she gets ready for her to pull it out*
  • Options
    Val: *pulls the chain sword out with a single motion. As she does her leg flies over janris head towards Kara*

Kara: *seems surprised but still blocks it with her forearm* oh my you’re a cheeky one. Almost had me there.

Val: it’s still a spar isn’t it? *she says twisting around with a round house kick that Kara ducks under, Val does a few more spinning kicks*

Kara: *dodges and blocks Val’s kicks. She has the smallest hint of a smile* you’re finally getting serious, good let’s see what you two are made of. *she looks at janri* you need to develop your fighters instinct. *she stands waiting*
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    Janri: Yeah, most of my experience is with monsters, they tend to fight a lot differently than a person. *She pauses for a moment, getting an idea and starts to frost herself over, mist beginning to form around her body. With a quick sweep of her leg it fluffs about almost like powder, snow making it a bit harder to follow her movements. She can't possibly compete with Kara's speed, she's faster than Cass who's faster than Janri, atleast where she is currently in her training. But she can try and use ingenuity to even things out.*

*She moves as quick as she can, the snow beginning to fly around them in random directions to add to the sensory inputs for Kara before Janri waits for Val to make another move this time trying a bullrush form to simply impact her to try and throw her off balance for Val to take advantage of*
  • Options
    *val moves faster then janri can perceive cleaving thru the air with her chain sword. kara dodges it unsheathing her sword. it seems like an average blade with an unsettling feeling if anyone looks at it. val and kara lock weapons*

kara: you may actually have some worth to you. *val disappears into a vortex appearing behind kara unfortunately shes ready for her blocking the attempted attack at the same time as janri bulrushes her she simply stops her by garbing her forehead* weaponized teleporting? you really think i didnt think of that already? *before either can react she lightly pushes janri back before sending a thunderous punch into val's gut, she then twists around landing an upwards kick to her chin that sends her rocketing into the sky and out of view. the last thing janri sees is kara already twirling a blindingly fast round house that sends her barreling into a tree. janri can tell the kick was heavily held back*
  • Options
    Janri: *She grunts, coughing a bit as the wind is knocked out of her but it doesn't affect her too much since she doesn't need to breathe. She's pretty sure the tree broke before she did though she feels like she might've broken a bone and she gets back up. Val can be back in a moment with her portals, so she probably won't be gone long, so she's going to try something in the moments she has where friendly fire isn't as much of an issue. Her shoulder burns from the damage, its hard to focus on speeding up the healing while also fighting so to help it out she freezes over the wound to stop any blood loss before moving towards Kara again, moving with her silent steps and forcing the snow to continue exploding into puffs. When she gets closer she moves to take a quick swing with her club, focusing on speed while also trying to consciously direct the hellfrost to erupt behind Kara this time, hoping a two pronged approach can atleast form a better opening than before.*
  • Options
    Kara: *dodges the hammer strike and weaves thru the hellfrost like a snake, she seems to vanish out is sight.*

*after a full minuet Val comes crashing down to the ground in a sizable crater.*

Kara: *reappears in front of janri* alright I’d say that’s good enough. You both gave it your best shot and I’ve got a decent gauge on where your skill is.
  • Options
    Janri: *She takes a deep breath and comes over to Val to check on her before sitting down and trying to focus on healing her shoulder. the ice numbed the pain but its only temporary, she needs to knit it back together or it will be a problem* That's good right?
  • Options
    kara: *looks down at val* you did well. all tho i think val is out cold....

*val is awkwardly sprawled out in the crater*

kara: i might've hit her a bit too hard...

val: *groans and flips on her back* i guess.... no matter how great you are..... there is always some one better...... *her head falls back as she seems to shift*

cass: *looks around frantically* val you c*nt what the f*ck?! i dont wanna be here!

kara: ah i see, she learned her lesson and now you get to learn yours. if you both will be teaching this fledgling you will need to be on the same page. val needs to figure out how to actually train you and cass.... you need to pull your head out of your a*s and stop bullying janri for being weaker then you, its not good for her mental health. *she walks over garbing cass by the throat and holding her up.* i used to be like you, i had such a burning hatred for everything and everyone, nothing was spared but to prey on the weak and helpless is low... *she points to janri* you see her as nothing more then a plaything dont you? something you can use and throw away when you're bored.... *she shakes her head with a scoff, a much more sinister expression overtaking her face and tone* you sicken me, i should wipe your stain of an existence from the face of the universe......
  • Options
    Janri: Thank you. *she sighs a bit as Kara points out how Cass has been acting.*

Please don't kill her. I know she's done a lot of wrong... but maybe she can change. I think she deserves the chance. Besides I um... would rather you not kill my daughter's fiance. I'm not really sure you could kill one without killing the both of them and I care about Val too. *She comes a bit closer worried that Kara might actually hurt them with that look in her eyes*
  • Options
    Kara: you can’t… *she says setting her down* I’m not sure she’s even capable of change. I used to be exactly like her, two minds in one body and if it’s anything like mine then cass has all of her negative emotions, anger, pride hatred and the like. Eventually it’ll come time to merge into one again like I did because a house divided cannot stand.

Cass: I’d never…

Kara: you’ll have to. You both are two halves of the same person. I’m guessing you split off to take the brunt of what ever trauma Val had to endure. I know because that half of me was named jakara, my original name was valendria but my experience as Kara changed me in a way, now a days I go by jakiera but Kara for short still works. *she looks at janri* if either of them start to go off the deep end let me know. Anyway, Val if you would be so kind as to come out. There are still things to teach janri.

*cass stares off as she shifts leaving Val in control*
  • Options
    Janri: She has gotten a little better compared to when we first met. *she rubs the back of her neck, briefly thinking back to the first time Cass took over*

If they merge that might make things a bit awkward. *she blushes, knowing that Val feels really awkward about Janri at times, yet Cass is strongly attracted to her and isn't afraid to be open about it. She does wonder what would happen to them if they became one, would they be better for it?*

I'll be sure to. *Janri nods then watches as Val returns*
  • Options
    Kara: be that as it may the most stable corse of action would be for them to merge… eventually they will try to kill one another as one grows stronger over the other….

Val: why would I want to merge with her…

Kara: you are aware that she is quite literally a piece of your psyche right? To lose her is losing a part of yourself.

Val: *she just sighs* well anyway after all that I’m rather hungry…
  • Options
    Janri: *She takes a moment wondering what would happen if they were somehow separated before shaking her head to focus* Do you mean for blood, or a meal? Food would be nice right now.
  • Options
    Val: both works. I’m sure Kara can take you back unless you want to watch me hunt.

Kara: I could yes but this is a good opportunity to witness an actual hunt.
  • Options
    Nick: Get the calculations ready, once you're finished with the report, we can figure out the finer details of things like who is going were and how. Tepes going to the past for this might be for the best as it does blend in better. It literally is a replica of a 23rd century style NX with some of the best of modern day technology. that just leaves the plans for present and future.

Freeman: *he nods and goes off to rejoin the others.*
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    Janri: I would like to see you in action Val, Kara is right it would be a good learning experience.

Rax: *Takes off his helmet and looks solemn* Not gone... simply marching away.

Rin: *She removes her helmet and pays her respects*

Clea: *She watches quietly having not worn a helmet*

Reashe: *She holds her helmet as she watches the fires, unsure what to say.*

T'Panne: We have some ships that could be deployed but yes, it would be most convenient for the Tepes to accomplish this part. We can ready our ship for the present, though the future is difficult. We cannot predict the situation I will be placed in for my future consciousness, or what the situation will be like with the galaxy itself.

T'Lera: I'll need some computers. *T'Panne gestures to a few outside of her office that are part of the limited command deck and she gets to work, plotting temporal theory and various other calculations to try and find a good one that should work along with some modifications to a transporter pad.*
  • Options
    Val: alright then follow me. *she walks them back to the peak overlooking the village* you’re welcome to stay here or follow at a distance if you keep up. *she says before disappearing into the shadows*

Mira: *stares at the pyre with a blank exoression*

Kenzie: where I come from there was a saying with Spartans, they never die only go missing in action. A sort of motto to help keep moral up…*she stands at attention saluting* semper fi…..

Jorin: *a ball of flame forms in her hand gently floating over to the pyre. Upon contact the pyre erupts in flames* rest now brothers and sisters… *she looks up as a gust of wind blows down her hood, tears stream down her cheeks* it’s a terrible day for snow….. *to the contrary there isnt a cloud on the sky*
  • Options
    Janri: I did pretty good at sneaking so I'll take a closer look. *she nods to Kara before following after Val. It's clear that so long as she's around the snow she doesn't make a sound, her connection to the cold assisting her in this environment. She also seems to have good instincts for sneaking in general, she'd likely go undiscovered even without the frost to help her. She makes her way in the direction Val was headed, staying out of view of anyway and watching for who she might target.*
  • Options
    Nick: well either i get my future self to remember to check every now and then, or my first officer takes charge of the Tepes to go back into the past, and i try to get some fuel to make time jumps work on my manipulator and take care of the future stuff.

Freeman: *walks up next to mira, standing next to her and taking his helmet off, staring with her*

Seku: *standing with Rin* It reminds me of a Jedi funeral....
  • Options
    T'Lera: *It takes her several minutes, but eventually she manages to get the calculations just right* Alright, here. For this to work the best she needs to be transported to the same location so I included one on Vulcan. Its not too far from this location and should... hopefully be safe in the future.

T'Panne: I think our best bet is for your future self to attempt it, else mayhap my Mother can help depending on her situation in the future.

Rin: *She nods* One thing cultures tend to agree on is respect for the dead. *She gives Seku a little squeeze, resting her head against hers*

Clea: May they find some peace in the next.
  • Options
    jorin: *stands silently bowing her head*

*one of the mandos breaks the silence with a chant*

singing mando: Kandosii sa karo'ta, Vode an! Mandalore a'den mhi, Vode an. Bal kote, darasuum kote, Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an!

*one by one more of the mandos join in the chorus as well as jorin and mira who finally breaks her stare. she gently takes hold of freemans hand*

*keeping an eye on val is difficult with her adeptness in stealth. janri does happen to see one of the large villagers frantically running into the forest, as if running away from something.*
  • Options
    Nick: So Tepes to the past with Commander Victoria. Us in the present. I can just use my manipulator to bring us to Vulcan once we're out of the nebula. And future me will take care of ya too.

Freeman: *he holds mira's hand* joining in as well

Seku: no like... It's really really similar.. the fire and everything
  • Options
    Janri: *She watches the villager flee, assuming that it must be Val's target. It would certainly be easier to prey on someone there, though she wonders how she scared her.*

T'Panne: The planning is sound. I will deploy our ship. *She uses her commbadge and authorizes the deployment of a Sagan Class.* They'll beam us aboard when ready. I've also given permission for you to be beamed away to your ship.

T'Lera: Where should I be?

T'Panne: It would be up to you, but the present or the past would both change little depending on where you prioritized, Mother.

T'Lera: If Bri is going to the past I'd like to go too. Though I should avoid interacting with others while we're there, there might be some issues if someone discovers me while I'm supposed to be "dead".

T'Panne: A logical conclusion, though I doubt the issue will come up as I can through my past self assist in alleviating any confusion.

Rin: Maybe they got the idea from a similar source? Both the Jedi and Mandalorians are very old cultures...

*Rax, Reashe, and Clea each join in the song.*
  • Options
    *after the song ends a moment of silence to honor the fallen is ushered. At the end the mandos start loading into the transports and flying off, the last one waiting for Jorin and everyone else*

Jorin: *has her hood up as she stands in the transport*

Kenzie: looks like everyone’s heading up. *she says boarding the transport*

*the villager rushes thru the trees with a few cuts and bruises, he looks around spotting something out of the corner of his eye. Some hellish laughter erupts causing him to panic and fall down a ridge spraining his ankle and sitting down by a tree. Impish giggling surrounds him as he yells out in his native language getting up and limping towards the trees. He doesn’t get far before he’s cut off by a red eyed figure cloaked in shadow. Val lunges from the shadow sinking her fangs into his neck*

Val: *quickly drains to villager as Kara pulls her off*

Kara: ok that’s enough.

Val: I wasn’t done…

Kara: yes you are…. *she looks over at a much smaller looking villager cowering in the bushes* this one’s a father. Call me soft but as someone who’s raised children I can’t let this happen. *she says stoping the bleeding and stabilizing him* normally I wouldn’t care but you can blame my better half for… softening me.
  • Options
    Nick: *he muses for a moment* if we shield you until you reach vulcan, will you still appear here near the nebula, or would they be there too?... we could save a lot of travel too.

Bri: good question... and I'll take good care of the Tepes, Captain. I can manage in the 23rd century, so no worries. I have appropriate uniforms for if we have to beam down.

Freeman: *still holding mira's hand, leading her. he stops before passing jorin, putting a hand on her shoulder.*

seku: *she sticks with rin*
  • Options
    Janri: *She is glad that Kara intervened, it's better this way.* Maybe we should get going then? *she says, coming out from the snowy mists* It'll be fine Val, lesson learned and if you're hungry I'm sure Nexa will oblige.

T'Panne: My body is not splitting, it's my consciousness. It will connect to where I am in the past, and somewhere in the future. We do not have the equipment here to attempt to predict where I might be in the future, though there can be some guess work on where I would be in the past, but these are not things we can accurately alter for convenience. But, my future self will likely be able to make the move to vulcan on my own, as would my past self so long as I'm still in command in each scenario.

T'Lera: Basically, it's her mind that's going to be moved, not herself, but she can move the bodies in each time. So it will help alleviate concerns as she can help get to Vulcan on her own to meet with the people there.

Clea: *she gives Jorin a hug before getting in the ship, Reashe staying close to Kenzie and Rax following behind*

Rin: *She gives Seku a squeeze as they board.*
  • Options
    *the LAAT’s take off heading back to the venator*

Jorin: *her expression is hidden by her hood as she nods* thanks… I’ll be fine.

Kenzie: *looks down at raeshe* are you ganna be ok?

Mira: *leans into freeman as the transport makes it was back to the venator*

Val: *she spaces out for a moment before snapping back* yes you’re right….. *memories of her time in silent hill flood her thoughts.* I have to be better…..

Kara: life is a fickle thing and your actions affect everyone around you regardless of intention…. I know this from experience…. Anyway yes let’s leave this place. *she opens a portal*