test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,166 Arc User
    Bri: it's not that late. He should be awake. If he's not that's his own fault. *They stand in front of Nick's quarters. She hits the chime.*

Nick: *his voice comes from the door panel* Come.

Bri; *leads the way into the room*

Cunningham: yeah okay.... *After a few moments of silence and realization* Wait what?... I... I'm not sure what to think, it's kinda sudden and I haven't done something like this before well... Ever... I.. well if you're both agreeing I guess I can try? *She also has an "epic blush" as well, not sure what she's getting into or why she's.. excited about it* I mean we're already kinda in your quarters though so I... Assume you mean... A different room... This is really happening?
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    val: yeah that makes sense so now that we got our stuff are we heading out? then maybe do that training you wanted *she says to janri*

lythe: *simply nods at janri's compliment*

addison: i guess i should go check up on my crew.

kara: *follows in letting bri do the greeting*

jorin: yes, yes it does... i dont do well with those kinds of propositions and im not into those what are they called... one night stands or whatever ive got standards damnit! *she sighs* i guess i should get used to comments like that. i've never had to deal with anything like this before. i wonder if that would have gone differently if it were still the old me since no one shown any interest of that kind beforehand....
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,228 Arc User
    Nexa: We should be yeah. This was only supposed to be a pit stop anyway. Still, it was nice meeting you Addison.

Janri: I'd like that. I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to find a planet on the way.

Nova: Farewell gue'la. Maybe we will meet again.

Reina: Well I wouldn't want to mess up the table here... *She tilts her head at Cunningham's words* We have a perfectly good bed after all. *She offers cunningham a hand to help her up, giving her a wink, and gesturing for them to start moving to the other room*

T'Lera: *She also follows in, remaining quiet*

Clea: I don't think either of them really meant that you were um, below standards or anything like that. I'm sure Rin respects you greatly just some people are more open with such things. And the stuff with Seku was more of an accident from the sounds of it. You might've gotten some comments like that before your er change and just didn't notice them Auntie. If you recall Rin was trying to compliment you at first and you didn't notice until she kind of made it as obvious as possible... Maybe you were being flirted with as a man and just never realized it because no one was obvious enough and you didn't think about such things? *She wonders if she should try cooking something to help cheer Jorin up, everyone else is going to be preoccupied leaving her alone...*
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,067 Community Moderator
    Krystal: *now a bit more awkward* You're in a mood Reina.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Nick: *he's sitting in a fine armchair, reading a PADD with a rocks glass of something dark. his Quarters are much larger than one would expect on an NX class after his modifications, it seeming more like the insides of an old eatate than anything you'd see on a starship. A marble countertop in the kitchen, hardwood floors, paintings and artifacts adorn the walls* Commander Victoria. Good to see you, And you brought friends. I think Gaia is taking a shower before bed. *He puts the PADD down* and you're not back on duty just yet, take a seat, what do you need?

Bri: *she nods* good to see you Captain *she goes over and sits on the couch* We need assistance that... Well it may be a bit out there but maybe you could hear us out... T'Lera? You wanna talk about this?

Cunningham: *she takes Reina's hand nervously, feeling just as awkward as Krystal. Getting to her feet as she blushes* she... Certainly is in a mood... Are we too? We're considering this after all... *She fixes the open flap on her uniform, as redundant as it is in this situation* though you're her wife, I'm just a displaced captain... *She clears her throats trying to look dignified, her knees weak and she swaying slightly from the drinks*
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    addison: i dont doubt it. *she waves walking away*

lythe: i should probably be getting back too. it was interesting meeting you nova maybe i will see you again someday.

kara: *sits next to bri* hows the sword treating you?

jorin: im not saying anything about lower standards... to put it in laymans terms i simply have no interest in f*cking or anything of that sort why should i go to bed with some one that gives me a flat compliment? im not that easy.... at least she knows seku but i wasnt about to go at it with two complete strangers. *she crosses her arms looking rather annoyed* and if she respected me she sure as hell didnt show it if anything i feel insulted....
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    Nexa: stay safe out there Lythe, or atleast as you can be exploring the final frontier.

Janri: Bye Lythe, good luck with Starfleet.

Nova: I would like that. Hopefully when we meet again I'm a bit more knowledgeable about this place and these people. *She gives a friendly wave*

Nexa: Time to chart a course... lets see if we can't find a good pit stop on the way for your training. Draconis would be good but they're still working on getting ready to terraform it.

Reina: I'm a little... pent up after being separated for so long. We have lost time to make up for. *She holds Cunningham and Krystal for a moment before leading them to the next room* Now... where shall we begin... *She smiles to them before locking the door to their quarters and things fade to black*

T'Lera: As you might have heard I'm "temporally displaced". I was shot forward in time due to an incident when the Klingon J'ula attempted to use a mycelial weapon to destroy a starbase and me and my vessel intercepted to stop her. Other things happened... but the main thing is that I had a Daughter. I hadn't looked into what happened to her since coming to the future but we looked and her files contain a lot of redacted information, and the only clue we have is that she appears to be located in the Tartarus System, but there's nothing officially there on the star charts. It sounds as if there's more information but they don't have it in the fleetwide database and we can't exactly go to one of the hard databases to go asking...

Clea: She wanted to go and check on you and apologize for what happened, but she had to take care of Seku. The thing is she didn't mean it as an insult when she invited you, I get why you felt insulted still, but its sort of a different outlook I guess. *She rubs the back of her neck, remembering when Kenzie gave Clea a wink when Clea stared a little too long at her making her feel embarassed. Jorin is pretty old fashion, both oblivious to these things and has a different way of looking at them.*
  • Options
    Nick: The Sword has served me well *he says before he nods, listening to T'Lera's tale intently* I remember seeing the uncensored reports of that. I was a Doctor on Enterprise with Captain Pike in command. We stayed out of the war which was... Frustrating to a lot of us... As for what you're asking... The Tartarus System.... *He sighs and sips his drink* it's a complicated matter... There is something there, but you won't find it on any database. I only know about it because I've been in this business a long time. If it weren't for the fact you were looking for your daughter, I'd smile, nod and lie like I have to. But for this? It's not just, it's not right. *He looks down at his drink* There is a Facility there, deals with Temporal things. I've never gone myself. Though I very much could get inside with no hassle. I'll take you... And not going to lie, I'm pretty curious myself. So I get to do the right thing and sate my curiosity

Bri; *she blinks, wondering why, if it's temporal in nature, her as a temporal agent that should know about these things, didn't have the faintest clue. Slightly frustrated, she ignores it* We would greatly appreciate it captain.

Nick: So is this a right now thing or do you all need time to prepare?
  • Options
    lythe: you as well *she nods disappearing into a flash of light*

val: preferably somewhere with a small population. *she whispers in janri's ear* im taking you on your first hunt too.

kara: why do i get the feeling this is like one of those black sights that "dont exist" *she says with finger quotations*

jorin: an apology would at least be a start..... id offer to make something but im not the best cook... i doubt that changes much in the future.... and thanks for letting me vent, i dont really have anyone to listen to my troubles.
  • Options
    Janri: *Her eyes widen with curiosity and she silently nods*

Nexa: *She opens a communicator* Nexa to Shade, 4 to beam up. *After a moment they're returned to the ship. Nexa leads them to the bridge and gives the order to plot a path to K-13, while she checks the systems on the way* Here's one with a bit of a colder climate, there's a colony on it but they haven't expanded much so there's plenty of wilderness and empty space.

T'Lera: I'm not exactly a full on temporal agent, my authorizations are fairly limited. If I was pushing more to be fully instated maybe something would change but it sounds more like what Kara is suggesting.

Clea: Its okay Jorin, really. If you want I can cook you something I've learned a bit from Mom. And its good to vent, it helps to process things easier I think.
  • Options
    Nick: She's right, It is. Is this going to dissuade you from going to find your daughter? I'd really hope not. So I'll repeat the question, are we leaving now, or are we preparing first?
  • Options
    Val: it’ll do, we’ll be back I a while nexa.

Kara: huh… i wasn’t expecting that to actually be the case.

Jorin: yeah that sounds nice.
  • Options
    Nexa: good luck out there. *She gives a smile*

Janri: So, we gonna portal down there? Or should we transport or land?

T'Lera: I'd still like to go, I just hope it won't cause too much trouble.

*Clea smiles and starts gathering some things, beginning to cook a meal with plenty of spices. Its somewhat inspired by mandalorian cooking but with her own spin on it*
  • Options
    Nick: I guess we'll see. So I ask for a third time, are we going now, or do we need time to prepare first?

Bri: *she looks to the others*
  • Options
    val: i haven't been there so we'd have to beam down if thats ok.

kara: im game if you three are.

*after three days of hyperspace the venator dragons pride drops out of hyperspace in orbit of hoth, jorin paces between the bridge crew*

jorin: whats the situation?

mando sensors officer: we've achived stable orbit about 50 kilometers from the site of the base. but im picking up weapons fire on the ground and a ship in orbit looks to be an old CIS providence class.... they're hailing.

jorin: put it thru.

*the hologram image of a messy looking man wearing a stained coat and patched pants appears. his hair and beard are unkept and he looks old and rotund.*

???: what business do you have here? TRIBBLE off before i blow you out of orbit.

jorin: *she has a stern and angered expression* jorin krayt the base you're sieging belongs to my clan. i will skip pleasantries and give you one chance to turn around and leave or i will send that rusting piece of sh*t barreling to the surface.

???: seems like a win to me, i get that baskar and your salvage, lets go then.

jorin: very well... bring the ship to combat alert alpha. *the crew nod as the venators alarms sound and jorin speaks on the ship wide intercoms* this is jorin, all hands to battle stations this is not a drill, repeat all hands to battle stations
  • Options
    Janri: That's fine with me.

Nexa: *She takes them into orbit, nodding to the first officer* The Transporter officer will take you down when you're ready.

T'Lera: I'm ready to go. *She nods*

Rin: What now... *She shakes her head before getting into a meditative pose, closing her eyes and focusing. If anyone is around her they'll notice her seem to become more serene until suddenly her battle meditation begins and spreads throughout the ship giving the mando's even more confidence and the ability to work together more smoothly than would be possible otherwise. She's unsure where the enemies are exactly so instead she focuses on improving the allied mandalorians.*

Reashe: *Going where she can help* Oh boy, trouble.

Rax: *on the bridge* Couldn't be too easy. Time to put the ship through her paces.

Clea: *Also on the bridge* Lets see how she holds up.
  • Options
    edited March 1
    Nick: Lets head to the bridge then. I need to inform Admiral Jade we'll be away.

Bri: We uhh... Just saw her. Think she might be busy? Leaving a message with Tala might be better.

Nick: That then. *he stands* To the bridge!

Seku: *sitting near Rin* Oh you're just getting right into it, huh?... Don't wanna get in a fighter? I'm flying again.

Freeman: *on the bridge* I can lead a small space bound stikeforce. I just need some people with vacuum sealed armor. We'll transport as close as we can and burn our way in with some burning gel. melt the hull and make our way inside. Get as close to the bridge and rush in. could even burn in through the Transparisteel of the bridge itself.
  • Options
    Val: *nods as she’s ready transporting to the surface*

*they find themselves in a forest clearing in the middle of heavy snow fall. There are signs of civilization in the distance with dimly lit buildings and chimneys puffing out smoke*

Val: I didn’t wanna say this in front of nexa cause she wouldn’t understand but I’m taking you on your first hunt before we spar. I noticed you’re a bit blood starved so now is as good as any and so it’s clear your prey is a person, any person really how ever you want to go about it. *she starts heading towards the town* this way.

Kara: *follows to the bridge*

Jorin: freeman you’ve got lead on this one take any volunteers.

Kenzie: I’ll go, but what if instead of taking out the bridge we just plant a bomb in their reactor core? I used to do stuff like that back in the covenant war.

Jorin: do what you have to. *she turns back to the bridge crew* move us into firing range and prepare to launch fighters!

*the venator increases speed bearing a majority of its guns on the providence. At the flight deck pilots enter their ships preping for takeoff*
  • Options
    edited March 2
    Janri: Any advice? I guess I could try using my pheromones those would be pretty effective. *she follows after Val, thinking of how to go about it. So far she's only fed from blood bags. The only time she tried feeding from a person was when Nexa offered her blood but that didn't work out... hunting will be a first.*

*T'Lera also follows, feeling somewhat anxious at the idea of just showing up, but hopeful it will work out*

Rin: I don't know what the situation is like out there, but battle meditation is always helpful. If you need reinforcements I can hop in mine.

Rax: I can join you in there, I'm well suited for breach and clear.

Reashe: stay safe out there you two.

Clea: They might have droids since it's a CIS ship, but be prepared for anything we don't know who they might have onboard.
    Post edited by westx211 on
  • Options
    Nick: *they arrive on the bridge, he quickly goes to his chair* Alright, Hail the Lexington or just send them a message that we'll be away for a bit

Bri: *she goes to the tactical console* aye, sir. *she updates Tala and The Lexington that the Tepes will be going to the Tartarus system*

Nick: Lay in course and hit it!

Koroh: Aye Captain. *the klingon at the conn starts putting everything in and readying them to go*

Nick: *to T'Lera and Jakara* You can stay on the bridge or use my ready room. I need you close in case there's trouble. Commander Victoria, I assume you'll be at your post?

Bri: I will be, Captain. *she nods*

Freeman: *he taps the side of his helmet for comms as he gives a thumbs up, making his way to the Stardust Crusader*

Seku: I mean, could be fun. I could pilot yours and you can sit in the back.

*Freeman's voice comes from Seku's commlink

Freeman: Seku, We're gonna be boarding a pirate ship. Having you there for diplomacy or action would help. If you can grab rin too, she'd be a big help. Could prove her worth to jorin.

Seku: *she sighs and takes the commlink from her coat* I can be there. where do you need me?

Freeman: The Crusader. See you there. we have 5 minutes.
  • Options
    Val: it’s all up to how you want to go about it. *she takes janri to a hill overlooking the small settlement* youse your senses and pick your target. I’ll be watching you from here. But before you go I need to know if you can go thru with this.

Kara: I’ll be ready if needed.

Kenzie: *grabs a few things running to the crusader after*

*mira also goes with to the crusader*
  • Options
    Janri: I can do it, trust me. *She gives a firm nod to Val before starting to walk towards the settlement, taking in the scents on the air, the sounds, letting her eyes focus. She's used her enhanced senses before but this time she's learning to let them direct her instincts... her... hunger. She tries to find individuals that are more alone, she knows its gonna be easier to feed on someone that way, its just does she want to sneak up on them, or try and use her pheromones? She hasn't tested them since she's been turned... and they have a bit of a complex effect on both men and women...*

T'Lera: I'm not sure how I can help but I'll be standing by.

*When they arrive at the tartarus system they will immediately notice unusual readings on the sensors. There's a class K planet in the system, Tartarus prime which according to the database from observations should have a fiery surface almost akin to a class Y planet, though certain traits of its atmosphere made it considered possible for biosphere habitation.*

*The unusual sensor readings seem to be coming from something nearby the planet, its a nebula cloud but something isn't right with it. The nebula seems to have an unusually large amount of chronitons permeating it but aside from this its difficult to get much more than expected nebula composition. The nebula seems to extend a significant area, and the chronitons even further, exposing much of the planets surface to them*

*The location for the Tartarus Installation appears to be within the nebula itself. Though the installation does not show up on sensors, it exists as a mass space station built into a fragment of what was once the planet's moon*

Rin: Alright alright, I'll come with. *She focuses so that the battle meditation will hold as she moves around before standing up, grabbing her sith armor and following Seku*

Rax: *He follows to the crusader, getting his saber and his blaster ready along with his gear.*
  • Options
    Nick: Activate the temporal shielding, move us towards the facility.

*The Tepes activates temporal shielding and heads towards the nebula*

Nick: Either they'll hail us, or when we get close enough we'll hail them. make sure we're on a direct course so they know we know, not just some fancy tour of the nebula.

Koroh: Aye Sir. *he makes the adjustments*

Freeman: *talking into the commlink so seku (and rin) can still hear him* Make sure you've got something to protect you from the void of space, be it amulet or a helmet. *he takes his hand away from his helmet as he arrives at the crusader with who he's got* Now we wait a sec.

Seku: *walking with rin* I still have the talisman that was made for space walks... but when i put my helmet on, it's vacuum sealed... I kinda don't wanna grab the helmet though, but will if your armor isn't sealed.
  • Options
    *its a small village maybe around 100 people or so. this seems to be a very early stage civilization with primitive log cabins and basic gunpowder based muskets. the actual villagers look relatively humanoid, fur covers most of their body yet they still wear clothing made of animal skins they stand about 6-7 feet tall with a broad stature and bear like claws on their hands. near the edge of the village there is a lone woman tending to a small garden of frost resistant flora*

kara: so what is this place used for?

kenzie: *stands ready with two strange looking guns maglocked to her hips. also maglocked on her thigh is a odd looking brass knuckle looking hilt of some sort. resting on her shoulder is a spartan laser* these replicators are pretty nifty. glad i got jorin to put in some extra schematics of UNSC weaponry.

mira: armed to the teeth as usual aye? *mira has the red queen sheathed on her back and a pair of IB-94 blaster pistols holster to her kama*
  • Options
    edited March 3
    Janri: *She approaches the woman, taking care in her steps. The snow parts for her silently before reforming, an ability she discovered in her last training as she has an inherent connection to the frost. Her foot steps are as silent as she can make them. She doesn't even breathe to try and make sure the woman does not hear her until she finds the perfect moment to sneak up on her and sink her fangs into her neck. Janri tries to trust her instincts, she's a hunter... her body knows what to do*

T'Lera: I have no idea... *She clutches her head when they enter the nebula* Ah... what... I feel so strange.

*The Temporal shielding seems to do... nothing. Not in that it is failing to protect the ship, but rather that once inside the nebula the nebula itself the energy surrounding them doesn't seem to be destabilizing time rather, if anything time is more stable than it naturally should be*

*The station hails them when they enter the nebula*

???: Greetings Tepes, could you explain your visit? We currently aren't expecting any traffic for some time and you're not "on the list".

*The station enters visual range, its large using the fragment of the moon well for its construction. Its clearly well armed and well shielded, both against weapons and sensors. Its difficult to tell much more about it due to the conditions, but even psionically the presence is muted.*

Rin: My armor is sealed. Its Malan's handiwork after all.

Rax: *He checks the fuel on his jetpack, his ammo, the various modifications and weapons integrated into his armor, and his favorite blaster pistol.* I would bring BH-7X along but really we've got plenty already.

Post edited by westx211 on
  • Options
    Nick: This is Fleet Captain Nick O'Connor of the U.S.S. Tepes. May I ask whom I'm speaking to. I have my orders, I'm only to tell my mission to a certain person and you are hiding your face, so I can't exactly confirm if you're whom I'm supposed to be speaking to.

Freeman: Mira, are you alright doing this in... your condition?

Seku: Right. I miss Malan... *she sighs as they enter the hangerbay and head towards the crusader.
  • Options
    *the woman goes about tending the garden then goes to take a break sitting on a near by log oblivious of anything lurking around her*

Kara: *remains quiet*

Mira: it’ll be fine, I’ll stay in the back if you’re worried. Im guessing seku will be flying? *she ponders something* hmm who do you think is a better pilot seku or Jorin?

Kenzie: *replicates some last minuet magazines storing them in hard case pouches on her armor*
  • Options
    *Janri gets right behind her before quickly using her enhanced speed and moving to make sure she has a clear line to the woman's neck and sinks her fangs into it while one of her hands moves to cover her mouth to muffle any noise she makes as Janri begins to feed. Janri feels strange, she can sense the woman's heartbeat, feel the warmth of her fresh blood. Her eyes move to watch her surroundings but she feels renewed strength. She'll have to stop herself from drinking too much, but she wants enough to feel "full".*

???: If you were given orders to come here you should have been informed of the procedures.

*There's a pause for about a minute or two, as if checking something before he clicks his tongue* Your clearance level is adequate... but we cannot be sure of your crew. I can authorize your presence aboard the station in a limited fashion and we can sort out the details in person.

Rin: *as she and Seku join the others she cracks her knuckles* Lets go kick some a** eh?

Rax: Good attitude. I think we're ready to leave now, yeah?
  • Options
    Nick: I tried asking, you know how Admirals can be. "Oh that's a stupid question" like I'm supposed to know, and nobody wants to push back, just easier to get on with it.... Anyways, I will be taking my first officer and advisors with me. I'm afraid its part of my mission.

Freeman: We're not flying. *he walks into the crusader, walking to the transporter pad.* Computer, Activate Emergency Medical Hologram

*an EMH is projected, appearing in front of Freeman. Its one of the classic EMH Mk 1s but in the First Contact uniform*

EMH: Please state the nature of the medical emergency.

Freeman: You need to be ready to transport us back when you get my signal.

Seku: *Followed freeman inside, is confused at the hologram for a moment before remembering the holosuite, then she just accepts it can do this too*

EMH: I'm a Doctor, not a transporter chief.

Freeman: Protocols and use of operation has been added to your code. We need you saving lives, mainly ours after you get the signal. seems like medical work to me. *he taps away at the transporter console, putting in coordinates* Everyone else, on the pad!

EMH: I can see the logic you think you have, but very well. What am i supposed to do in the meantime?

Freeman: Read a book? just keep an ear out.

Seku: *Hurries over to the pad, unsure about this* what is this even?
  • Options
    *the woman grunts and flails managing to rake janri in the shoulder, she manages to bite down on her hand.*

Val: *sighs* I should’ve expected this… *she says disappearing into the shadows*

Bridge mando: weapons in range.

Jorin: launch fighters. All batteries fire!

*the two capitol ships open fire on one another as they both launch fighters

*the crusader shakes as turbo lasers batter the deflector shields*

Kenzie: yup time to go. *she gets on the pad with Mira*