test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,904 Arc User
    Val: *takes a deep breath and sighs* you have an advantage because of my vampirism but you’re still young and learning. You’re also not a victim you’re a goddamn vampire have some pride in yourself and your accomplishments. I know that trauma isn’t going to go away over night which is something you should work on in therapy maybe but you’re strong in your own way. And as for cass…. *she pinches the bridge of her nose* out of all the people in this galaxy you choose her? There are far better people out there you just have to be patient… look you’re not a bother janri I like being around you because you’re becoming the mother i never had….

*the droids curiously look around the stardust crusader*

Jorin: *releases the pirate LT* bind them and take them to the brig…. *she turns away as one of the pirates lead freeman and his squad to their camp.* rax, Mira can you take some men and prepare funeral rites?…. They deserve a proper send off…. *her voice cracks as she struggles to keep it together*

Mira: *nods* we’ll see to it.

Jorin: *nods and clears her throat walking towards the base* the rest of you with me. Maybe there are some survivors…
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,218 Arc User
    edited March 8
    Janri: I do have some pride in what we've done... I did help kill that angel back in Silent Hill. Thank you. *she rubs the back of her neck fiddling with her fingers after a moment* I'm making progress on my trauma, it was just a bit too familiar feeling in the moment.

*She sighs and nods* I have been patient Val I've been waiting a long time, I was on that colony by myself for years. I know she's not good, she's trouble and I feel dumb for how I feel. But I still feel attracted to her. There's still a little bit of hope even if it's foolish.

I'm glad you feel that way. *she gives a soft smile* I worry because I make you feel weird too. I just want to see you happy, to see you succeed.

T'Panne: When I leave the nebula, I will be split into three separate versions of myself at different points in time. One will exist in the past, one will exist in the present and one will exist in the future.

I should clarify by this I mean that my consciousness will exist say... 200 years in the past, in the present and maybe 20 to 30 years in the future. With some variance of course. We've done some tests and my past consciousness always appears in my body before I first entered the nebula here.

If I enter the nebula once more at any point across the new "split", my consciousness returns to the point in time where I should be.

Rax: We will handle it. *he nods and begins to gather up some of the Mandalorians, beginning to organize them into preparing the bodies*

Clea: We can hope. *she follows after Jorin*

Rin: I can help try and sense where they might be held. *she also follows after nodding to Seku*
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,155 Arc User
    Nick: What proposed solutions have been attempted before now?

Bri: *she also considers possibilities as she looks around the office for anything interesting*

Freeman: *still following the pirates to camp, ready if any try anything*

Seku: *follows Rin*

EMH: *walks out of the transporter room and heads to the medical bay, sitting at a desk and picking a PADD up*
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    val: janri.... for forty thousand years i had no romantic interest, i was lonely and depressed.... if i can wait that long im pretty sure you can wait a bit longer, i just dont feel good with you doing anything with her.....

mira: *sighs as she helps prepare with rax* they dont deserve mercy.... *around her the snow seems to melt* not for what they did....

*jorin leads the group to the entrance of the bunker, the doors are heavily scarred with blaster burns and explosive damage, even more bodies litter the ground all around the door way. she gently moves each body slowly making her way inside the battle damaged bunker. more bodies and destroyed droids cover the floor*

kenzie: jesus christ..... i uuh...

jorin: you dont need to continue... i am already expecting the worst.....

*rin can sense something deeper in the bunker*

*the pirates lead freeman's group to their camp nothing eventful happening on the way*

pirate LT: its all in that tent there...... *he points to a large tent. nothing looks out of the ordinary or trap like*
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    Janri: I know but I... I've only been immortal for a bit Val, 15 years is still a long time to me. I know time will only get longer, but it still feels long for now. *She rubs her arm* I get that. I know its kind of dumb, I just... its hard to help how I feel.

Janol: Its similar to an incident that occured with Captain Picard some time ago, but that was caused by a Q and an Anti-Time anomaly.

T'Panne: Current experiments haven't had any luck, we believe the solution involves each part of myself at each point in time being subject to the same treatment in order to resolve it. The anti-time anomaly I encountered was already closed so the anomaly itself can't be part of the solution. It may even have been the same one Picard encountered due to the anomaly's nature of pushing backwards in time.

T'Lera: That's quite the conundrum...

Rax: I'm partial to what Rin said. I want to shoot them as much as any of you do but... we just start shooting unarmed men who've surrendered that gives up something of who we are. Of course, if we need anyone for the firing squad later I'm all for it... *He mostly uses his strength and body to move them, even though the force could help*

Rin: *She looks in the direction of the feeling* There's something here... not sure quite yet what we'll need to get closer to it. Maybe survivors, maybe more pirates... *She starts to lead the way*
  • Options
    Nick: What's preventing us from trying it now?

Freeman: *he walks backwards into the tent, keeping his blaster trained on the pirates

Seku: *she follows rin*
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    Val: I guess sometimes the only way one will learn that fire burns is by getting burnt, I tried to warn you at least… *she sighs looking dejected* anyway I suppose we should get going.

Mira: *just lets out an annoyed grunt* I just hope their are survivors….

*they walk for a bit until finding a larger room a few mando guards aim their blasters at rin thinking her a pirate*

Jorin: let me handle this… *she steps forward raising her voice* the pirates surrendered and I’ve come to reunite the rest of the clan.

*one of the mandos takes off his helmet. He looks old and grizzled with a mid length grey beard and an eyepatch over his right eye.*

???: you’re with clan Krayt? Where’s Jorin then?

Jorin: I’m right here. *she looks closer* marek…. I’m not surprised you’d be one of the survivors.

Marek: is this a joke of some sort?

Jorin: no it’s not old friend, you of all people should know I have no sense of humor…. *she visibly twitches having trouble containing her emotions as she pulls out her lightsaber hilt* still got the same lightsaber.

Marek: you coulda taken that off of him for all I I know.

Jorin: alright then *she arcs her head up letting out a dragon like roar as she breaths flames onto the ceiling* know any other mandalorians that can breath fire?

Marek: it is you… *he says walking forward. Jorin walks forward meeting him in the middle as the two embrace* I knew you’d come back…. You’ve gotten smaller, and softer too how did this happen?

Jorin: I’m still getting used to it myself. It sort of just happened I was in the crystal caves of Ilim when it started and then one day I just changed…. The force is strange like that.

Marek: you’ll have to bring us to speed on what happened. I’ll gather everyone, I’m ready to leave this place.

Jorin: *nods as he walks off*

Kenzie: aaw that was kinda cute.

*the tent is filled with beskar armor stripped from numerous mandalorians and tossed in with little care*
  • Options
    edited March 14
    Janri: I... *She just goes quiet and looks down shaking her head* Lets go home. *She taps a communicator* Shade, two to beam up.

*Soon they're both beamed back onto the transporter pad* Maybe I'll try baking something for you and Nexa, that might help your mood.

T'Panne: We don't have the technology to time travel to attempt to. There are some individuals we are aware of who might be able to provide some assistance but sending a message to them is rather difficult, as we would have to engage in temporal communications or attempt something akin to a "message in a bottle" hoping to get ahold of those who can time travel in several centuries. Not impossible but exceedingly difficult.

Rax: Me too... *He sighs*

Rin: *She feels more at ease seeing the survivors, giving a nod toward them* Some good news after all. I think the others will be glad to hear this.
  • Options
    Nick: Get me the smallest amount of Chronoplasm, enough to get me there and back, you've got one method. get me a sun you'll have a second. I have access to the Slingshot Technique Calculations. I trust my ship making it around a sun. a shuttle? not as much, so that's the two methods... Third one is the message in a bottle effect too. I'm literally a living message in a bottle if I need to be. I can make a note to go where i need to be when i need to be it, and I'll follow it out. Something like this is gonna be hard to forget. Its odd that one can run the time vault and not have one or two things laying around that can alter time.

Freeman: There it is... he's served his purpose... Let him go. *he looks around, no more ships or speeders around* let him wander where he pleases, just not here. not our transports or around any of us. he's free to just... walk off. *he says in a normal tone, no hatred or anger in his voice, nor his mind. its a cold tone of the implication*

Seku: I Hope so, still sad that all this happened... how long were they even sieging this place?
  • Options
    Val: I need to deal with something… *she pulls out a padd typing*

*on the tepes Kara is currently snoring in nicks ready room as her padd beeps loudly waking her up. She groans reading it then stands up stretching portaling away*

Kara: *steps out of a portal a few feet away from janri and Val. Immediately janri feels the sheer intensity of her presence, intimidating and terrifying.* you called?

Val: uuh yeah. I’ve got a problem well two sort of.

Kara: *looks her over intensely staring into her eyes* I see, there’s another one in there. I take it you want to deal with her? I can already feel her wanting to take control. Interesting.

Val: *holds her head* yeah…having a hard time holding her back…. She really wants to fight you. The other part is…. I’m a horrible teacher and janri here is a newly born vampire. I was wondering if you could take her under your wing…. She deserves better than my terrible lessons…..

Kara: *walks over to janri looking down at her* hmm she has potential. What has she taught you? *she looks quizzically like a strict teacher at janri*

*mira had visible heat warping the air around her as she readies the many funeral pyres her anger only growing with each passing minute*

Mira: *looks down at one of the bodies* I knew this one…!we fought on endor together…..

Jorin: I’m glad he survived. Before Biggs marek was my second, he’s been in the clan since before my father even.

*marek returns with those able to walk helping the wounded, the mandos already with Jorin assisting the rest*

Marek: we lost many fine warriors but they were fine and honorable deaths. Last head count I got numbered 78 out of those 22 are wounded or in critical condition, stabilized for now tho. I assume you have a ship in orbit?

Jorin: curtesy of seku here *she motions to the twi’lek* her old venator from the war was still intact so we managed to snag it from an old scrap yard. It was much easier then what I had intended….

Marek: oh?

Jorin: originally I was trying to work out how to steal one of those new nebula star destroyers but this proved the better path.

Marek: *laughs* you may look different but it really is the same old in there. Of course you’d want to get your hands on one of them.

Jorin: can you blame me? It’s a marvel of engineering and ship design.

Marek: *looks at the group* I’ve got many stories of the various times this one tried taking things apart any figuring out what makes em tick, sometimes he was successful.

Jorin: yeah… anyway let’s get those wounded in the bacta tanks…. I wish I brought sawbones along…. *she directs the more critically injured to one of the LAATs as they head back to the ship*

Pirate Lt: you’re just leaving me here?

Agitated mando: start running before our patience runs out….

*the pirate looks widest eyed and runs off ina random direction*

Agitated mando: *looks inside the tent grunting* I’ll radio for one of the drop ships…. There’s a lot of armor in there….
  • Options
    Janri: Are you sure Val? *She recognizes Kara from when she offered to make the warhammer for her during the events back in Silent Hill, though they scarcely got to chat before* She's taught me some of the basics through survival training on a frozen world, that's how I learned to focus my powers a bit. Recently she taught me that I should be ready to incapacitate or kill my prey.

Aside from that there hasn't been much else... I don't know how to polymorph yet for instance, I didn't even know I could until Cass mentioned it. *She is kind when speaking about Val, there has been actual lessons she's learned but it's clear there's a lot she still doesn't know about her abilities or her vampirism.*

T'Panne: For what? We still have not created a proper treatment method yet.

Janol: There's a star in this system, but we don't have any chronoplasma on hand.

Rax: Ni su'cuyi, gar kyr'adyc, ni partayli, gar darasuum.

*He pauses for a moment, taking his helmet off* Tell me about him.

Rin: Sawbones? Oh, right... *she rubs the back of her neck so used to the term being used as a friend's name rather than the usual meaning behind it. She follows along with the others, helping carry the wounded if needed*
  • Options
    Kara: really that’s it? *she sighs* what say you fledgling? Are you ok with this?

Val: *her body shifts slightly* damnit cass!

Cass: you’re not seriously giving up are you?! And letting her go to this b*tch? *cass fully breaks free, her body and hair shifting in the process*

Kara: ah you must be cass then.

Cass: f*ck off a*shole I’m not talking to you I should kick your a*s for trying to take our fledgling…

Kara: I wasn’t going to take her anyway. Especially now since you’re being so needlessly rude, no you may not have physically turned her still she is your responsibility. I can offer advice and maybe assist every now and again but I won’t be doing your job. Now if you’re done being a gigantic thunder c*nt maybe we can get some progress done.

Cass: no f*ck you we don’t need you. Get out before I throw you out.
  • Options
    Janri: I do want to learn more, especially now that I've felt this... hellfrost. There's so much I don't know about myself and what I can do. *She looks to Cass a bit surprised by the outburst, but part of her is glad that they are being protective of her. Though maybe its possessive... or both.* Please don't fight with her Cass, she's just offering to help out a bit. *She gives a nod to Kara* Thank you for the offer.
  • Options
    Kara: at least you’re amicable about it….

Cass: I’ll be nicer when she’s gone.

Kara: I came here out of good wi- *she’s cut off by cass throwing a punch, faster then janri can even see but even faster is Kara catching it effortlessly* really?! Fine then. *she back hands cass, an audible shock wave heard as she’s launched into the wall with a loud crack as she breaks and shatters multiple bones from the impact. Kara walks over lifting cass up by her hair* here’s an important lesson janri…. Respect your elders or they will humble you like cass here. And for you *she looks at cass throwing her face down in the deck plate as she kneels down* show some f*cking manners. You may think you’re the cream of the crop but you’re far from it. Any time you want to act like you’re tough sh*t just remember this moment. Now are you done acting like an arrogant b*tch?

Cass: *gargles and twitches on the ground*

Kara: good.
  • Options
    Janri: *She gasps when she realizes what's happened seeing Cass injured on the ground. She was barely even able to scratch her and yet here Kara just backhanded her so easily. She shows concern for Cass' injuries even knowing they'll heal. She comes over to them avoiding getting in the way but wanting to check on Cass* I know...
  • Options
    *cass looks worse for wear as she writhes on the ground. Her arms and legs bent at impossible angles and her spine twisted around facing her back side she gargles up blood*

Kara: if she’s any vampire worth a damn she’ll heal from it.

Val: I f*cking hate you cass…. *she gargles out*

Kara: ah the other one is back.

*grotesque sounds of cracking and shifting bone and flesh come from Val as she reforms her body and slowly stands up*

Val: by the emperor that slap nearly killed me…

Kara: hmm so cass scurried off with her tail between her legs leaving you to fix yourself up hmm, sounds about right. I can see why you’d want to deal with her. Tho if she ever wants to try again I’m always available.

Val: for my sake I’ll have to decline thank you… one near death experience is enough *she says holding her back* tho this does bring up an opportunity. *she looks at janri* vampiric regeneration when focused it can save you from the brink of death just like that.

Kara: have you sustained much damage? *she says looking quizzically at janri*
  • Options
    edited March 15
    Janri: Take your time Val until you're healed up... *She still shows concern even though she's moving about again* Overall, a fair amount though I don't think I've come close to dying yet. I've been pretty good about fighting since back then. *She rubs her hand which is now much more sore and in pain as its healed more and the nerves have come back* Though, burning most of the flesh off my hand was really rough. How long is it supposed to take? This kind of hurts like a b****.
    Post edited by westx211 on
  • Options
    Nick: You said access to time travel was the one thing holding you back. I've given you all you need.

Seku: *sticks with Rin, helping where she can. also being reminded of Sawbones*

Freeman: *he walks into the tent and crouches down by some armor, staring at it* I know this design... never got to see it until now... he was just a kid when we left, was always proud of the armor design and would show it off... i didn't even realize we were gone that long...
  • Options
    Kara: oh down to the bone. Uuh its ganna take awhile but you can assist it. Clos your eyes,Focus on the wound and listen to your heartbeat. Focus on the flow of your blood and your cells repairing what was damaged. Visualize your wound healing in your mind.

Val: *puts her joints back into place as she grunts*

Mira: his name was Kieran… he had just gotten his beskar when we went to Endor. It was his first serious operation… he was a good kid, strong honorable and mandalorian to his core. *she chuckles holding back tears* he flirted with me when we first met and freeman got so mad at him. *she sighs* I’m sure I’ll be seeing more familiar faces as we find more…..

Marek: *he walks over placing a hand on jorins shoulder* I know what’s going thru your head right now… how heavily each one is weighing on you, you’re not alone in this we all lost loved ones and life long comrades in this pointless attack… I also know howbhead strong you are, never wanting to show your emotions to the clan but you can lean on us just as much as we lean on you alright?

Jorin: *slowly nods* yeah…. I guess it’s just one of my major flaws…. I care too much for those under me… I’d rather be the one to sacrifice myself in their stead….

Marek: just like your father. He chose well.

*one of the mandos places a hand on freeman’s shoulder*

Sincere mando: he will live on in our hearts and memories…
  • Options
    Janri: *She nods and closes her eyes to focus and follow her instructions. She has some experience with focusing her blood so it comes to her without too much trouble, blood moving to her wound as she gives it her best and can feel the healing begin to improve*

Janol: It wasn't just the thing holding us. There's another.... we have a theory that a Temporal transporter used to transport her through space but not time to the same location in three different times might be enough to cure her, but we also need a transporter capable of such a thing. Just a normal one wouldn't function...

T'Lera: You might be able to saturate the transporter beam with chronitons to create a similar effect though it may have some side effects on T'Panne. The energy from them should enable what you're hoping for, if a bit makeshift though we would need to make sure it's the right amount to not accidentally cause another temporal anomaly.

Rax: I lost some friends to treachery and injustice in the past as well. I know I'm thousands of years since anyone even breathed their names... but I still remember them. *He looks solemnly in the distance* Just as we'll remember Kieran, and each of our people we lost here.

Clea: I think it's the mark of a good leader. *she nods remembering Samaia being similar.*

Rin: *She is quiet but seems glad that Jorin is doing better*
  • Options
    Nick: what sort of side effects are we talking about

Seku: *she leans on Rin for a moment*

Freeman: He died a warrior's death... long will we honor him *he picks up the helmet, putting it to his own helmet by the forehead before putting it down and slowly standing* Get it to the ship. organize it. make sure all the suits are complete... Don't let the smiths near them yet... might not be my place, but jorin will agree with what i have to say. their armor is going to be put on display for a mourning period. give them time to be remembered before we melt it all down... it will make sure beskar is going to the correct kin.
  • Options
    kara: hmm, you learn fast. next up what is your understanding of the fundamentals of vampirism?

mira: *she sighs silently looking off into space*

jorin: *takes a deep breath and nods* right. first lets get these people out of here.

*jorin and marek help direct the rest of the survivors outside. mira with help from rax and other mandos have made a respectable funeral pyre*

mira: its ready just need to gather everyone.

jorin: *nods*

*an LAAT lands near the camp, the mando's start to load the armor on*

sincere mando: im sure she would agree
  • Options
    Janri: Er, I need blood to sustain myself, my blood can empower me and do stuff, and I'm undead? *She seems a bit confused by what the fundamentals mean in this case*

T'Panne: My mother might not have examples but we have seen some cases here in the past. It could result in a different temporal based issue such as being slightly out of sync with time, or something similar. Its hard to say what but conditions caused purely by chroniton exposure are something we could handle more easily. I think logically this is the best solution save myself simply remaining here until technology progresses several centuries.

*Rax and Clea help to gather the others while Rin holds Seku and looks out to the prepared pyre*
  • Options
    Kara: eh in a way but you should understand that with this comes immortality…. You will witness the horrors that mortal kind are capable of and out live everyone you know, Val excluded. Day time will bring you nothing but pain and early on until you control it your blood lust will drive you to the brink of madness at times. That sort of stuff. *she looks her over again* now I’d like to gauge how much you’ve learned. I’d suggest we go somewhere remote so this ship doesn’t get damaged.

Val: I guess we could go back to the planet we came from just now.

Kara: that works. *she looks at her for a moment then opens a portal.* ok since this is your first time in my portal don’t look at anything don’t touch anything and don’t answer any whispers you may hear. Please keep your hands and feet in the ride until it has come to a complete stop. *she says jokingly* and with that out of the way let’s go.

Val: oook… *she steps thru the portal*
  • Options
    edited March 21
    Janri: I've already seen enough horrors for a normal lifetime, fought monsters seen hellish creatures and places, been used and abused, and helped kill a fallen angel. There was also that ***** Dahlia... *she shakes her head* I've seen some of the worst already.

This isn't gonna end up with me having a melted hand again right? *She tilts her head before following after Val and nodding at the advice.* Is this something I can do by the way? The portals and teleporting?
    Post edited by westx211 on
  • Options
    edited March 21
    *thru the portal janri does hear enticing whispers to open her eyes and “let them in” but it lasts only a second before they are returned to the frozen world they had left not long ago*

Kara: you’ve seen a lot I will give you that but much like the cosmos it’s self there is always more out there far beyond your understanding. And while you do have my specific vampirism to do any sort of teleporting you would need to be of my kin, my family has a born in ability to rip open rifts or portals thru space-time and by proxy the various multiversal versions of ourselve can as well…….Well most of them anyway. So I guess in a short answer no, but onto the lesson, for both of you. I want to see where you two are at so I suppose a bit of a spar is in order. Don’t worry I’ll go easy. *she gives a sly grin*

Val: wait me? What do I need to learn?

Kara: clearly a lot if you can’t even teach your fledgling properly. Now then feel free to use any weapons, magic or the like you have at your disposal and give me your best, this is an evaluation after all. *a small rift appears, from it she pulls out a rather plain looking looking long sword. The scabbard is covered in strange looking runes in a language completely foreign to both of them. The hilt and cross guard are remarkably polished to a fine shine but most notably is the pommel, on it is a decorated and finely cut crimson gem that shines infernal orange in the light. Her sword remains in its sheath as she takes up a ready position* en guard!

Val: fine… *her chain sword simply appears in a flash of purple light in her hand*
    Post edited by hoan113 on
  • Options
    Janri: So is this a tag team thing? *she reaches out with her hand and calls her warclub to her remembering what Kara told her about it when she gave it to her. After a moment it will arrive to her perfectly fitting in her hand before her other moves to grab the haft* Oh... huh, can I do proper magic? *she shakes her head, that's not quite important to the spar but she never considered if she could do a spell. She gets into a readied stance ready to move when Val is*
  • Options
    Kara: use what ever you feel like. Let’s see if you can manage to get a hit in *she stands there unmoving*

Val: *takes a deep breath* let’s go then! *unlike cass Val is much faster, she moves with in the blink of an eye towards Kara, the only thing janri can see are sparks flying from an impact and Val flying and landing on her back.*

Kara: you’ll have to do better than that.

Val: *a deep red fireball flies out at Kara exploding on impact and leaving a plume of smoke around her* now! *she says to janri charging at her again*
  • Options
    Janri: *without a word she rushes in, a constant word ringing in her thoughts. Delay, delay, delay, delay... she takes the warclub and swings it in a spinning upward motion to try and smack into Kara, the initial strike telegraphed but after a moment hellfrost erupts in an arc across the air past the head of the club. The "lag" gives the attack deceptively longer reach as dodging the physical impact makes it harder to avoid the spikes erupting forth*
  • Options
    edited March 21
    *a loud crack is heard as she hears multiple spikes hit something but as the smoke clears Val is impaled by multiple spikes. Her jaw hanging loose from the impact of the hammer janri can few a sharp pain in her shoulder as Val’s chain sword is deeply imbedded into it*

Val: *twitches as she’s suspended in air by the spikes. Her expression dazed as she tries to shake it off*

Kara: ah pincer maneuver. You’ve got tactics but your teamwork is lacking. *she says with her long sword resting on her shoulder as she floats in mid air above them*