What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

April 2023 Outage Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    husk10#9106 husk10 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    On a whim I launched STO again. It tried to update the launcher (again) but gave me a "A file was locked that could not be opened for writing error". Did a reboot and now launcher patched but game still wouldn't launch after it patched 3.5G (again). In fact several attempts to launch the game resulted in a 3.5GB patch to no avail.
    Post edited by husk10#9106 on
  • Options
    jonnyrocket#1627 jonnyrocket Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    it seems to be worse now I get 2 gb patches and same message everyone else is getting
  • Options
    ndawg81ndawg81 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Before this Last Patch today i was able to run sto but after i'm getting the client quit unexpectedly error and just now i tried i'm also getting error2 file not found message during patching
  • Options
    dustin#7865 dustin Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Well back to Star Wars
    I guess
    Hope it will be fixed I just bought Zen and haven't had a chance to use them what a bug.
  • Options
    captain185captain185 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    I tried to force verify the files and that didn't work either.
    So, I just push the buttons and things blow up? Fascinating...
  • Options
    trigunislife#2432 trigunislife Member Posts: 2 New User
    still down here just shocked the devs lack of updates but hey they might be busy
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Ok, so I just started STO again for like the 3rd or 4th time today and the Launcher was unexpectedly patching. After it was done I hit Engage and a window pops up Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly

Anybody else having the issue? Running the game through Steam atm.

Same here. Game patches, then says "Unable to start game client: client quit." Then, to add insult to injury, when I restart the launcher, it just starts to redownload and reinstall the entire patch. Brilliant!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    philchapphilchap Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    same issue still
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    After a random 5gb patch and several other smaller patches, still no access.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,040 Community Moderator
    still down here just shocked the devs lack of updates but hey they might be busy

If there are any updates any of us mods hear we'll pass it on.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    startrekaeorrostartrekaeorro Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    I just tried logging in a few times and it's downloading a large patch with each attempt. Part way through the first two patch downloads I was getting a "file not found" error (around the 25% mark). It continues to patch to 100% then gives the same "Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly" message. After my third attempt, the patch went through without the "file not found" error (this made me a little hopeful), but unfortunately it still fails to launch.
    “Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning. ”― E. Rommelvn1d8jtiy2sg.jpg
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    Was able to log in fine the whole time - JUST got the patch, now I can't log in. Patch tomorrow then?
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    theboxisredtheboxisred Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    Was able to log in fine the whole time - JUST got the patch, now I can't log in. Patch tomorrow then?

Same here.

I was able to log in just 2 hours ago (or so). Just tried again and NOPE!
  • Options
    carlosbezerracarlosbezerra Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Same issue here. I played this morning, but I've been out of the game for two hours...
  • Options
    mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 505 Arc User
  • Options
    knockedup#2486 knockedup Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Just finished the patch but no luck, same error keeps me from starting the game... time to do something else with my off-fay, but I was so hoping to play today.
  • Options
    startrekaeorrostartrekaeorro Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Just finished the patch but no luck, same error keeps me from starting the game... time to do something else with my off-fay, but I was so hoping to play today.

I think there is more than one patch. Every time I try to log on, it patches a different size patch. The first was about 4000MB, the next ones were about half that. I 'm on my 5th or 6th patch right now and it appears to be big, at 8% I'm already over 1000MB.
    “Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning. ”― E. Rommelvn1d8jtiy2sg.jpg
  • Options
    I been around since beta. This worst i seen...put changing naps bug to shame. I was in game when that happened
  • Options
    realdarklordrealdarklord Member Posts: 99 Arc User

I think there is more than one patch. Every time I try to log on, it patches a different size patch. The first was about 4000MB, the next ones were about half that. I 'm on my 5th or 6th patch right now and it appears to be big, at 8% I'm already over 1000MB.

I don't think these are actual cumulative patches. Looks more like the launcher is randomly redownloading large parts of the game. When you "force verify" it always finds missing files.
  • Options

I don't think these are actual cumulative patches. Looks more like the launcher is randomly redownloading large parts of the game. When you "force verify" it always finds missing files.

you dont even need to force verify to get that message
  • Options
    foxeatingwolf#7316 foxeatingwolf Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    I'm sure they've had to sleep for a while now and come back in the morning to work on this, I've already called it a day by now myself, I've just been checking here periodically to see the news, I won't touch the launcher until I hear something I don't want to risk corrupting my install worse than it is, I have sub 1MB per sec speed internet :P.
  • Options
    foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    I'm sure they've had to sleep for a while now and come back in the morning to work on this, I've already called it a day by now myself, I've just been checking here periodically to see the news, I won't touch the launcher until I hear something I don't want to risk corrupting my install worse than it is, I have sub 1MB per sec speed internet :P.

Ouch on your internet speed my friend :)
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,266 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    mattachine wrote: »
    13 hours ago, was able to log in. But 90% of all player ships had the name InvalidEntityName now I get the same error as everyone else.

I wonder if those 2 bugs are somehow related as I had that "InvalidEntityName" bug and now I'm stuck unable to log, that said I still ask for patience we gain nothing by threats or rage.

EDIT:I wonder if the issue is located in the account server as last thing I saw before the error was "connecting to account server".
  • Options
    realdarklordrealdarklord Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    Maybe you're up to something.
    I've also noticed an increasingly large number of "InvalidEntityName"-ships before the game broke down.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,040 Community Moderator
    spiritborn wrote: »
    EDIT:I wonder if the issue is located in the account server as last thing I saw before the error was "connecting to account server".

Not sure, but apparently its more widespread. Neverwinter and Champions seem to be affected to from what I heard.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,194 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    It is 4/7/2023 3.38am Eastern Time. Still no access to the game, Launcher seems to download random patches every time I open in various sizes. The patch its downloading right now is over 8gb.
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • Options
    dankillerbot#9336 dankillerbot Member Posts: 2 New User
    > @"fred26291#2759" said:
    > They are going to let us know its fixed so we can play again tomorrow i hope :)
    > i am now unable to get into the game following the patch, I AM NOW PISSED OFF.
    > Sent in a ticket regarding issue.
    I have also
    and also the same here
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,266 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    spiritborn wrote: »

Not sure, but apparently its more widespread. Neverwinter and Champions seem to be affected to from what I heard.
    I'm not sure either I'm just trying to give as much info as I can from my end.

• Options
    sarah2774sarah2774 Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    I was able to log in yesterday many times and sometimes get log in error.

1st patch was able to log in live but not tribble. 6hrs later get log in error on live.

2nd patch was able to log in live but not tribble.

10 hrs later launcher was updated.

3rd patch try to log in tribble and game crash got past launcher once in game it crash. Then,

4th patch, I switch to live then tribble on launcher then

5th patch commence patched live and tribble and switch back to live

6th patch commence switch to tribble, patch restart, close client and restart

7th patch commence this time patch stuck on 59% (20.7 mb) then slow. Since stuck switch to tribble. I try launching the game on tribble got in game but disconnected. Tried 5 times to connect keep on disconnect. Re start launcher.

8th patch commence, once completed on live. Unable to start game client. Sigh give up will try later since it's endless patching.

OPv9m3F.jpg
This discussion has been closed.