test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

April 2023 Outage Discussion Thread

Comments

• fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    8gb patch this morning 1.5 hours later 0 progress - game client quit unexpectedly. so yeah, i guess that last days credit for the event just went out the window. How unfortunate.
  • kurtronkurtron Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    splatty wrote: »
    So the games been down for the whole day for some (a lot) of people, and Mike couldn't even bother to make an official post in the forum or update the launcher with a message? Just a single tweet for the mods to find and post here?

Communications still not a strong point obviously.

Hey, at least they made that one tweet! That's as good as we get when it comes to communication.
    Heck, remember when they broke everyone's skills after every other patch? Happened 3 or 4 times and they never even mentioned it, or only did after the fact. So, you could argue that they are trying harder to communicate to their customers.
    OH well!
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    It's not fixed as of now and I have the feeling it wont be before come down 7am pacific time. Why they wait so long is beyond me though.

It could be it took them this long to figure out what was wrong and how to fix it, it's not like there's just 1 or 2 lines of codes they have to look thru and if it's affecting Neverwinter as well it's not something unique to STO code either. Also as I have to keep repeating the thing that's causing the issue is rarely at most obvious location so fixing it isn't as simple people might think.

Yeah nice excuse other games the servers would have been down and they would work on it. Also I'm pretty sure they have a very good idea what the problem is.

C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • treking2treking2 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    Same problem for me: "Unable to start game client: game quit unexpectedly." I tried a force verify and it found missing files. It then downloaded a 80GB Patch. Same problem: "Unable to start game client: game quit unexpectedly." I then tried a force verify again. This time it downloaded a 3GB Patch. Same Problem: "Unable to start game client: game quit unexpectedly." It is not looking good right now for being up before they shut the servers down for the new event. *sigh* I hope they find and fix the problem soon, and give us one more day on the Breach event. If all else fails, they could always revert the code to last working version, and delay the start of the new event a day.
    Well, it is after 7AM Pacific Time now, and the server is apparently still up, while the clients are still down with the message "Unable to start game client: game quit unexpectedly." Also, the Red message bar across Launcher announcing that servers will be down for maintenance from 7-9:30 AM has been removed. Force verifying again downloads another 3GB patch, and then repeats the problem. *sigh*
    kurtron wrote: »
    splatty wrote: »
    So the games been down for the whole day for some (a lot) of people, and Mike couldn't even bother to make an official post in the forum or update the launcher with a message? Just a single tweet for the mods to find and post here?

Communications still not a strong point obviously.

Hey, at least they made that one tweet! That's as good as we get when it comes to communication.
    Heck, remember when they broke everyone's skills after every other patch? Happened 3 or 4 times and they never even mentioned it, or only did after the fact. So, you could argue that they are trying harder to communicate to their customers.
    OH well!

Note of interest however, twitter isnt the only place to post that cause not all of us will go to twitter, or even want to, so the rest of us see nothing here on the forums.

• crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    treking2 wrote: »
    Well, it is after 7AM Pacific Time now, and the server is apparently still up, while the clients are still down with the message "Unable to start game client: game quit unexpectedly." Also, the Red message bar across Launcher announcing that servers will be down for maintenance from 7-9:30 AM has been removed. Force verifying again downloads another 3GB patch, and then repeats the problem. *sigh*

Yep same here, Red Patch Today message gone Force Verify supposedly successful, and same issue from last night and can't get client to launch - and yet they have the gall to put PC Patch Notes for today 4/6 up like there's no issues. What a Company.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
    Note of interest however, twitter isnt the only place to post that cause not all of us will go to twitter, or even want to, so the rest of us see nothing here on the forums.

To be fair, they do also post on Facebook as well as Twitter. I totally agree though, they should definitely post here on the Forum as well!
  • cyberoiduscyberoidus Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    ITS been like that the whole night and now it is 10.50 am eastern time , i don t see anything being done on launcher or patch to fix anything ????

what is going on with those guys !!!! at least let us know what and , if you are doing anything to fix this mess...please
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,735 Community Moderator
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • evilbunny#7215 evilbunny Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    What's kind of weird is that like an hour ago, in game (I'm lucky enough to not be suffering this log in bug), they popped up the "maintenance in 15 minutes" message, repeating as the timer counted down, right to the "down in 1 minute"....and then nothing happened. Never went down. Perhaps they've delayed the patch to fix the issue so many of you have? Heaven forbid they post something *anywhere* to let us know what's up.

*EDIT* I see communication finally did happen, as I was typing my post. Thank you @BaddMoonRizin
    Additionally, I'm going to caution everyone here to keep their collective cool. We'd hate to have to hand out warnings or bans, because people cannot be civil. Thank you.
    GrWzQke.png

Thank you @badmoonrizin for reposting that here!

It is just sad though that Cryptic's version of "First Contact Day" is "No Contact Day". *sigh*
  • alidarjalidarj Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Ok, so I just started STO again for like the 3rd or 4th time today and the Launcher was unexpectedly patching. After it was done I hit Engage and a window pops up Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly

Anybody else having the issue? Running the game through Steam atm.

Same here, a window pops up saying: 'Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly'
  • spacehermitspacehermit Member Posts: 358 Arc User
    @baddmoonrizin you're 100% right about the collective keeping of "cool" and about being civil. However, on the civility matter, some people might consider that ignoring your customers or not communicating with them is not only bad customer service, but bad manners too.

Hopefully we might hear something a little more specific soon.
  • totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    It is now after 16:00h UCT still getting: Unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly

When will this be solved?
  • jadizbanejadizbane Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    this is the error i am getting when i try to log in

unable to start game client: client quit unexpectedly

I have messaged support and i am wating on their reply, anyone know why this happens?
    There has been no official word on the galactic news network page regarding a fix or a time to repair as of yet, still waiting.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,916 Arc User
    Hopefully they'll add another day or so in for people to finish the event who still needed a day.

It'll be fixed when they find the bug and squash it. That could take time. It certainly doesn't help to call devs names or insult their intelligence because they didn't fix it when you thought they should have. I want to get ingame as much as the next person, but I'm not gonna complain because I can't. I'll just wait and keep an eye on the forums (Hate Twitter too and don't check FB that often, so it'll be this thread likely when a mod lets us know.

Good job, mods.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,170 Arc User
    There has been no official word on the galactic news network page regarding a fix or a time to repair as of yet, still waiting.

Patience young Padawan .....ooooopppppps wrong franchise
  • tippy332tippy332 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    12:35 pm est launcher still broke
    /merged thread

And for those asking "when", please read the posted Tweet above. The best we've got right now is "later today". If/when I see any updates, I'll let you know. Please be patient while the team works diligently to get things corrected. Thank you.
    GrWzQke.png

To be fair, to the best of my recollection, they have NEVER mentioned any type of negative news on the GNN. Your best best is checking Twitter or Facebook for status updates.

To be fair, to the best of my recollection, they have NEVER mentioned any type of negative news on the GNN. Your best best is checking Twitter or Facebook for status updates.

Actually, I continue to update the GNN threads as well.
    GrWzQke.png
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,442 Community Moderator
    It is just sad though that Cryptic's version of "First Contact Day" is "No Contact Day". *sigh*

Technical issues can crop up that are not intended. There is no "Cryptic's Version" as this was not intentional.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    I was saying they shouldn't have added the stupid Chronogami to the game, you see, it broke the server lol.
  • evilbunny#7215 evilbunny Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    tmassx wrote: »
    I was saying they shouldn't have added the stupid Chronogami to the game, you see, it broke the server lol.

Nah. But what it did do was bring a broken version back from the future to cause us harm now :tongue:
    um we can use the time device from 7 days and go back 7 days and fix this before it happens? LOL
    https://youtu.be/R-HERDOX9-s
    GrWzQke.png
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    What amazes me (and I've been playing various MMOs since EQ in 1999) - at this point you would think they'd just do a rollback to the last client that worked and move on from there looking at the issue but ALLOWING PC users to play in the meantime.

What? Did they fire/layoff/loose to other game companies the people who wrote and support their change control system too?
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
This discussion has been closed.