What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

DirectX support

Comments

• Options
    crioijoulscrioijouls Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Still out for me, too. Running an Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT video card, with DirectX 12 installed on Win 10 machine. Feature level 10_0, 9_3, 9_2, and 9_1. The game worked fine until the October 6 patch, where I got the Unsupported video card window message.

Count me among those that are waiting with baited breath for some good news on this issue, and I keep watching for patch notes that say as much.

However, in the meantime, until a resolution is found, it may be good to have a break from the game, at least for a little while, and let the tech gurus who are working behind the scenes get to the bottom of what happened and get it fixed so we can all log in and play again.

I get that alot of us are impatient... However, right now, there isn't a whole lot we can do about it, and badgering the dickens out of the tech guys isn't going to get things done any faster, or cause Q to swoop in and with a snap his fingers to get things back up and running instantly... much as we may wish it would...

Some of you may be wondering why I can say these things... Truth be told, I've gone through a full systems crash at my workplace that caused a property management system outage for at least 3 weeks at a full service hotel during a very busy period. I was not happy about being kicked back to pre-1994 methods of working a hotel front desk... I thought seriously about quitting over all the impatient, rude, mean, and nasty people I had to deal with who didn't understand that the systems problem couldn't be solved right away.

My point? Sit tight, stay tuned, and they'll let us know when the problem has been fixed. And if Kael or the other devs ask for our help to assist with pinpointing the issue, then we owe it to them to help, rather than berate the heck out of them for the game not working as intended.

End of rant....
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2010
  • Options
    kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    matzdaad wrote: »
    Now you probably know this already but...
    Those of us who are working our duty officers butts off (all we can do).

I accidently found that being in sector space seems to make it easier.
    click- plan
    click- start assignment (no click and hold or double click)
    Maps load faster as well.

Edit: Arc seems to work OK since it ran Cryptic's Never-something,
    The D&D thing (which I deleted as boring)

Wrong thread?
  • Options
    matzdaadmatzdaad Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Now you probably know this already but...
    Those of us who are working our duty officers butts off (all we can do).

I accidently found that being in sector space seems to make it easier.
    click- plan
    click- start assignment (no click and hold or double click)
    Maps load faster as well.

Edit: Arc seems to work OK since it ran Cryptic's Never-something,
    The D&D thing (which I deleted as boring)

Wrong thread?

I don't think so... Anyone locked out of the game can mainly do one thing,
    disable your graphics in device manager and collect/give duty officer assignments.
    I just found that doing that in sector space is easier.

Matz

EDIT: OK, seems at least a few people can't get in graphics disabled or not...
    Please read that as "anybody who can get in with disabled graphics"
    Post edited by matzdaad on
    MatzDaad
    Fleet: 8th Expeditionary Command
    Member since 2/15/2012

• Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User

Thanks for the advice, but please don't use the term "anyone" , when it doesn't apply .
    Here's your receipt .
    jguV2oj.png

• Options
    aelfwin1 wrote: »

Thanks for the advice, but please don't use the term "anyone" , when it doesn't apply .
    Are you saying you can't even get to duty officers? Bit confused here.
    MatzDaad
    Member since 2/15/2012

• Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    At the very least I hope they give you guys who cant get on the current event prize.
  • Options
    dainbramaged#1915 dainbramaged Member Posts: 6 New User
    > @matzdaad said:
    > (Quote)
    > Are you saying you can't even get to duty officers? Bit confused here.

Not sure if you know or not but I'll throw this out here When some people try and start the game whether it be steam arc epic or others it says connecting to account server and then closes and leaves us with a message saying Unsupported Graphics Card Unable to use DirectX Level 10.0 and so we can't even start the game but this can be adverted by doing what you said but with a lot of lag mostly leaving the player only able to claim assignments refine ore and things like that once again sorry if you already know.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    with a lot of lag mostly leaving the player only able to claim assignments refine ore and things like that

Ridiculous lag with graphics disabled. Trying to figure out Eve Online, (looks like quite a learning curve)
    at least it's a FTP space theme game. Plus really nice graphics.

MatzDaad
    Member since 2/15/2012

• Options
    shewolf89shewolf89 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    (flame/troll post removed) - darkbladejk
    Post edited by darkbladejk on
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,721 Community Moderator
    Guys this is going to be fixed. I wish I could tell you when but I have no idea myself. They don't exactly tell me everything either. Until then I have continued to supply them with any kind of potential breakthrough or bit that could be of help to them. Beyond that it's a known issue and unless they give me additional information there's not much else to report until they make some official statements. I don't like it anymore than you folks do.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    jamchemyjamchemy Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Alright guys. Here is the patch notes from Kael for tomorrow

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11480173-pc-patch-notes-for-10/21/20

General:
    Resolved an issue that was causing incompatibility issues with DirectX 10.
    Resolved an issue that caused the Advanced Phasers and Disruptors to not gain additional bonuses for having more than one equipped at a time.
    The maximum bonus is once again reached with 6 equipped.
    Resolved an issue that prevented the Risian Kit Frame from gaining a bonus for more than one Summer kit module equipped.
    The maximum bonus is once again reached with 3 equipped
    Resolved an issue where in the Faith of the Heart bundle MT had the description for the NX in the Elachi ship portion.
    Various costume issues resolved on Reman Males:
    Resolved an issue that was causing the Leather Vest to have display issues.
    Removed incorrect chest pieces and updated with correct chest pieces for various costumes.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    > @darkbladejk said:
    > Guys this is going to be fixed. I wish I could tell you when but I have no idea myself. They don't exactly tell me everything either. Until then I have continued to supply them with any kind of potential breakthrough or bit that could be of help to them. Beyond that it's a known issue and unless they give me additional information there's not much else to report until they make some official statements. I don't like it anymore than you folks do.
    Well I'm going to get a new computer with a 10 gen intel and better integrated graphics. If it works I'll let you know and give the more detailed stats of my current computer. Thank you for giving us this tid bit of info Most of us can wait for you guys to get this fixed.
  • Options
    jamchemyjamchemy Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    > @darkbladejk said:
    > Guys this is going to be fixed. I wish I could tell you when but I have no idea myself. They don't exactly tell me everything either. Until then I have continued to supply them with any kind of potential breakthrough or bit that could be of help to them. Beyond that it's a known issue and unless they give me additional information there's not much else to report until they make some official statements. I don't like it anymore than you folks do.
    Well I'm going to get a new computer with a 10 gen intel and better integrated graphics. If it works I'll let you know and give the more detailed stats of my current computer. Thank you for giving us this tid bit of info Most of us can wait for you guys to get this fixed.

Just when you decided to buy a new computer, Kael thinks he has found a fix.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Trying to figure out Eve Online, (looks like quite a learning curve)
    at least it's a FTP space theme game. Plus really nice graphics.

And 4 hours later there is a post about a possible resolution! LOL
    Going to keep EVE, it's so weird I might enjoy it.
    Kudos to the Devs, I know what a TRIBBLE it is to de-bug
    MatzDaad
    Member since 2/15/2012

• Options
    > @jamchemy said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Just when you decided to buy a new computer, Kael thinks he has found a fix.
    Oh I have to anyways sadly :(
  • Options
    jonathansouthjonathansouth Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    they finally found a fix and are even willing to discuss compensation i guess the summons they had with the Federal Trade Commission they got last week stoked a few fires and got them to speed up
  • Options
    minidariminidari Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    jamchemy wrote: »
    Just when you decided to buy a new computer, Kael thinks he has found a fix.

Never. As long as the current PC can work with photoshop, embarcadero and visual studio, I will not get another PC.

Ok, the issue will be resolved after the update. The question is what happens to the time of the event, endeavor, the refining of dilithium. Two weeks lost this refined 112k dilithium, 14 phenix box, about 10 endeavor points. and of course 12 days of event.

See what will happen after the update.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    jamchemy wrote: »
    Alright guys. Here is the patch notes from Kael for tomorrow

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11480173-pc-patch-notes-for-10/21/20

General:
    Resolved an issue that was causing incompatibility issues with DirectX 10.

I was under the impression that the issues reported were on machines running DirectX 11 ?
    minidari wrote: »
    See what will happen after the update.

Guess so :smile:

• Options
    volticuavolticua Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    seems working, waiting when Holodec up
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    I was under the impression that the issues reported were on machines running DirectX 11 ?
    The box said (in error) that we needed to upgrade to DX 10 or higher.
    However DX 11and higher was affected

MatzDaad
    Member since 2/15/2012

• Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    So, are we getting compensated for 15 days worth of lost progress in the widening gyre event because of this bug ?
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11479053-the-widening-gyre-event!
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    bismark88bismark88 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Good news is, i no longer get dx error but now i get client crash and client quit unexpectedly...
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    yep. now you can buyout set :D
    anyway ty for fix
    p.s. once they give me compensate for one bug about 500zen. but that's was a long story 3 years ago. now - i don't think we something get it :(
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    In at last, noticed some flickering of windows while assigning jobs to my DOFFs
    Seems minor and will probably be addressed at the next update.

@ambassadorkael#6946

Flickering/jittering seems to have stopped... maybe my computer was just in shock at running STO again

Bravo/Brava to the devs who got the issue resolved.
    MatzDaad
    Member since 2/15/2012

• Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,017 Arc User
    bismark88 wrote: »
    Good news is, i no longer get dx error but now i get client crash and client quit unexpectedly...

Turn off on demand patching, force verify and try launching in safe mode
  • Options
    yep, ive Turn off on demand patching, force verify and try launching in safe mode, seems to work but before cryptic title appears it crashes. So ive done a clean install with force verify. still crashes. My only option is to report this error.

• Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,017 Arc User
    bismark88 wrote: »
    yep, ive Turn off on demand patching, force verify and try launching in safe mode, seems to work but before cryptic title appears it crashes. So ive done a clean install with force verify. still crashes. My only option is to report this error.

But you can launch in safe mode right. If that's the case before going into full screen or changing any options exit go back to full screen launch again and see if that works
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestion but im afraid i get the same result, thanks anyway. Gonna let my friend take a look in morning as hes good with stuff like this. I guessing they may hav changed the requirements a little to play this game.
    If thats the case, i may abandon the game untill i hav a better computer.
  • Options
    you can try one more... delete file Gameprefs.pref from dir \Star Trek Online\Star Trek Online\Live\localdata\ . and try run again
  • Options
    Yup, the patch didn't help me either .

Are you saying you can't even get to duty officers? Bit confused here.

Can't log in since the 6th .
    Since then this has been my STO experience:
    gRWRuJd.png