Install Arc
Options

DirectX support

Comments

• Options
    jonathansouthjonathansouth Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »
    eazzie wrote: »
    Thank you for using the Better Business Bureau's Online Complaint System.
    Your complaint has been assigned case # 847844.
    Correspondence regarding this complaint will be emailed to : j_south@hotmail.co.uk
    Please print a copy of this for your records.

Filed on : October 14 2020

Seriously .... SMH Who's to say they aren't acting on this. Things take time. Gee this is not the first time something has happened in game and won't be the last. I've been around from almost day one and the amount of times the brown stuff has hit the fan I have lost count. I've seen things take MONTHS to get resolved. Like most of people around the world they are all working from home and may not be able to get to vital resources to remedy things quicker as they would like.

They are still taking money from people despite knowing the issues

You can apply that statement to any in game issue. The amount there's been over the years no one has ever gone to authorities. C*** happens it's life

They are breaking multiple pieces of consumer protection legislation they have been given plenty of chances contacting the authorities when an organisation breaks the law is completly valid
  • Options
    jamchemyjamchemy Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Correspondence regarding this complaint will be emailed to : j_south@hotmail.co.uk

A bit much......it's just a game. Go outside and look at all the flowers.
    Post edited by jamchemy on
  • Options
    rc5150420rc5150420 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    yeah a game I personaly have spent hundreds of dollars on. you go outside and look at the fll flowers, biter smh
  • Options
    jamchemy wrote: »

A bit much......it's just a game. Go outside and look at the fll flowers.

whether it is a game or not is irrelevant it is a consumer product and the company in question have breached consumer protection legislation on multiple occasions the nature of the product is irrelevant if you are a buisiness and you act illegally and breach consumer protection legislation then you should expect to be called out for it.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    I dont know what to say but developer is need our help WE palyer must help them not act like a 5 years old child if your a professional about video card or your have some a evidence of this issue send this to a crytic or kael to help them it time our community must united to help them put a side our hate or different thinking about game if we not united this game will fall.

Agreed.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    here we go with the mindless cryptic defenders that like it when a company lies and takes their money and runs
  • Options
    rc5150420 wrote: »
    yeah a game I personaly have spent hundreds of dollars on. you go outside and look at the fll flowers, biter smh

Sucks to be you.
  • Options

whether it is a game or not is irrelevant it is a consumer product and the company in question have breached consumer protection legislation on multiple occasions the nature of the product is irrelevant if you are a buisiness and you act illegally and breach consumer protection legislation then you should expect to be called out for it.

hmm.....you speak as if this "consumer protection" is an inalienable right. So many factors have to be considered. Be more civilised. Roasting the devs is one thing (I have quite a few dev friends and broken codes hurt their pride), but threatening legal action in relation to a game. There are more important things in life.
  • Options
    volticuavolticua Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    truly i'm glad that cryptic work under that issue. but when you see some fixes like "available to buy until 1/2/21" and "Updated the description of the Infinity Lockbox to include the new prizes", "Resolved an issue where Wilkins was using the incorrect costume" you become thinking that our issue not so important like that one. they needs only our money. and we doesn't represent major capital of players. so what do you say about it? maybe they fix some other "costume" of npc before resolve this one? take a time, we will wait...
  • Options
    rc5150420 wrote: »

Sucks to be you.

suck even worse to be you HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    volticuavolticua Member Posts: 106 Arc User

A bit much......it's just a game. Go outside and look at all the flowers.

yeah, take a deep breath of covid-19. listen to @jamchemy XD
  • Options
    motito78motito78 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    So tomorrow is the last day to start the event and dont miss an oportunity to get the set? And still no notice?
  • Options
    bigb3bigb3 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Day 9 and still no fix to this issue... :|
  • Options
    alyxvixen#3895 alyxvixen Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    Folks who are experiencing this issue - are you launching from Arc or Steam?

Launching from Steam.
  • Options
    Alright guys. Just checking on something in relation to this. Please post the feature levels DxDiag outputs when you run it. For guidance, the feature level is on the "display" tab, on the right hand side under headings "drivers"
  • Options
    Alright guys. Just checking on something in relation to this. Please post the feature levels DxDiag outputs when you run it. For guidance, the feature level is on the "display" tab, on the right hand side under headings "drivers"

my feature level does include 11.1, 10.1 and 10.0. I have already had written confirmation from cryptic that thier is nothing in my hardware to prevent me from running the game the issue is at thier end
  • Options

hmm.....you speak as if this "consumer protection" is an inalienable right. So many factors have to be considered. Be more civilised. Roasting the devs is one thing (I have quite a few dev friends and broken codes hurt their pride), but threatening legal action in relation to a game. There are more important things in life.

Consumer protection legislation is an unamiable right backed up by state, federal and international legislation. I have ran a company for over 10 years i would never even for a second think that I could renege on my legal obligations under consumer protection legislation and act in the way Cryptic do
  • Options
    trench216#3693 trench216 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Okay, that got ugly fast.

I'm positive they're working their butts of on this thing because it randomly kicks people with decent graphics cards. That means two things, one people with nicer computers who CAN and DO spend money on the game are locked out and two, NEW users with decent computers run an unknown chance of being locked out. It's a situation that can't persist because it stops up some of their cash flow.

Now as to "a game we are paying for", this hasn't been a subscription game in years. It's an FTP Korean-style MMO. 99.9% of the cash drain is optional. When I was doing poorly I spent almost nothing, now I spend more. A lot of us just lurk and pew-pew and spend very little or no cash. With an unknown number of players accidentally banned, who knows how much of that flow is cut off. The bean counters are probably looking at their lines and squiggles and they along with Marketing are breathing down the dev's necks on this I guarantee you.

The problem here, from what I gather of all the post-update chatter, is that they broke EVERYTHING. A whole slew of stuff in-game suddenly didn't work right either. I think they prioritized getting the game to RUN RIGHT again over letting us back in. From a marketing point of view it makes perfect sense, it matters little if some old and potential new users are locked out if your product is completely FUBAR. You'd rather not a new user have this as their first experience anyway.

And I do think they'll extend the event if it comes to that. They've done this before. The bonus dil chart even extends far enough to allow it. So us poor so-and-so's will get our item if we stay on top of it, and everyone else can grab a big stash of dil. And maybe a special title, and perhaps a badge or a novelty item with some silly social area power. I don't think they'll helicopter a bunch of ZEN onto us lol.
  • Options
    auggiedog1auggiedog1 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    I miss they game, am pissed off about it but there is nothing I can do about it personally. I'll just check this thread each day and hope to read some good news for once. I do not have much hope in Cryptic fixing our problem with today's patch. I'm sure costume glitches are more important :P
  • Options
    auggiedog1 wrote: »
    I miss they game, am pissed off about it but there is nothing I can do about it personally. I'll just check this thread each day and hope to read some good news for once. I do not have much hope in Cryptic fixing our problem with today's patch. I'm sure costume glitches are more important :P
    in the patch notes thier is no mention of a fix

• Options
    edited October 2020
    > @jonathansouth said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    >
    > Consumer protection legislation is an unamiable right backed up by state, federal and international legislation. I have ran a company for over 10 years i would never even for a second think that I could renege on my legal obligations under consumer protection legislation and act in the way Cryptic do

Yawn....you are being petty and will get nowhere. As for international legislation, that's where I call out your BULL.
  • Options
    kranfordtbutcherkranfordtbutcher Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    Okay, that got ugly fast.

I'm positive they're working their butts of on this thing because it randomly kicks people with decent graphics cards. That means two things, one people with nicer computers who CAN and DO spend money on the game are locked out and two, NEW users with decent computers run an unknown chance of being locked out. It's a situation that can't persist because it stops up some of their cash flow.

Now as to "a game we are paying for", this hasn't been a subscription game in years. It's an FTP Korean-style MMO. 99.9% of the cash drain is optional. When I was doing poorly I spent almost nothing, now I spend more. A lot of us just lurk and pew-pew and spend very little or no cash. With an unknown number of players accidentally banned, who knows how much of that flow is cut off. The bean counters are probably looking at their lines and squiggles and they along with Marketing are breathing down the dev's necks on this I guarantee you.

The problem here, from what I gather of all the post-update chatter, is that they broke EVERYTHING. A whole slew of stuff in-game suddenly didn't work right either. I think they prioritized getting the game to RUN RIGHT again over letting us back in. From a marketing point of view it makes perfect sense, it matters little if some old and potential new users are locked out if your product is completely FUBAR. You'd rather not a new user have this as their first experience anyway.

And I do think they'll extend the event if it comes to that. They've done this before. The bonus dil chart even extends far enough to allow it. So us poor so-and-so's will get our item if we stay on top of it, and everyone else can grab a big stash of dil. And maybe a special title, and perhaps a badge or a novelty item with some silly social area power. I don't think they'll helicopter a bunch of ZEN onto us lol.

Agreed. It's reminiscent of pulling the wrong brick out of a jenga tower. Now they've gotta get all the pieces back together. Honestly, I'd rather have to wait a few weeks to come back to a functional game than log into a broken mess. Frankly, the devs have a very thankless task at times. They create a product for us to enjoy, and then a bunch of us make a lot of noise when something doesn't go right. I got over my annoyance a while back, and now, I will simply wait. (Besides, I'm a lifer. I get zen no matter what :smiley: )
  • Options
    siotaylorsiotaylor Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    I expect to be honest that someone fat-fingered an edit while patching in the Epic launcher, and changed a ">=" to an "==". Simple issue, but hard to spot. Either that or it's the first step in checking to ensure everyone's using the Epic launcher, then (in standard Epic practice) disallowing all other launchers, starting of course with Steam.

I would say I've not had this issue yet, but since I have the exact same spec as at least one person who has... I don't want to tempt fate.
  • Options
    So I have been doing research on the matter and here is the summary. In all cases Direct12 was installed and the operating system is Windows 10

1. Using Intel HD Graphics 3000 - feature level 10_1 through to 9_1: DRIVER ERROR MESSAGE
    2. Using Intel HD Graphics 615 - feature level 12_1 through to 9_1: GAME LOADS AND PLAYS
    3. Using Microsoft Basic Display Driver - feature level 12_1 through to 9_1: GAME LOADS BUT IS UNPLAYABLE DUE TO LAG.

My takeaway is that the game now requires feature level 12_0 and higher to work, since those who have been unable to play have feature level 11_1 or lower.

I could be wrong but I have done quite a bit of research on this one, so feel free to test it out and update if you get different results.

NB: to use the Microsoft Basic Display Driver, I disabled the Intel HD Graphics 3000 driver and Windows 10 defaulted to the Basic Driver.
  • Options
    > @jonathansouth said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    >
    > Consumer protection legislation is an unamiable right backed up by state, federal and international legislation. I have ran a company for over 10 years i would never even for a second think that I could renege on my legal obligations under consumer protection legislation and act in the way Cryptic do

Yawn....you are being petty and will get nowhere. As for international legislation, that's where I call out your BULL.

What do you think an international trade treaty is? it is a set of legislation that amongst other things allows a company to do buisiness in multiple countries. However to allow that to happen thier has to be consumer standard alignment this legislation is why for example so many companies have had to change the way they handle data if they want to be able to do buisiness in the EU for example this is seen in for example the revisions to Google and Facebooks terms of Service and Facebooks occasional threat to pull out of the region.

• Options
    So I have been doing research on the matter and here is the summary. In all cases Direct12 was installed and the operating system is Windows 10

1. Using Intel HD Graphics 3000 - feature level 10_1 through to 9_1: DRIVER ERROR MESSAGE
    2. Using Intel HD Graphics 615 - feature level 12_1 through to 9_1: GAME LOADS AND PLAYS
    3. Using Microsoft Basic Display Driver - feature level 12_1 through to 9_1: GAME LOADS BUT IS UNPLAYABLE DUE TO LAG.

My takeaway is that the game now requires feature level 12_0 and higher to work, since those who have been unable to play have feature level 11_1 or lower.

I could be wrong but I have done quite a bit of research on this one, so feel free to test it out and update if you get different results.

NB: to use the Microsoft Basic Display Driver, I disabled the Intel HD Graphics 3000 driver and Windows 10 defaulted to the Basic Driver.

I got the exact same results although I dont have HD 615 only got 3000
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    If this helps, this is what is in my system and it is working fine at least for now:

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) (17134.rs4_release.180410-1804)
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
    DirectX Version: DirectX 12
    DxDiag Version: 10.00.17134.0001 64bit Unicode
    Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500
    DDI Version: 12
    Feature Levels: 11_1,11_0,10_1,10_0,9_3,9_2,9_1
  • Options
    solidusraccoon#9602 solidusraccoon Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Readin' don't never not done nothing for not nonebody. Never not no one, didn't about no reason not never. And by God they never not ain't gonna will!

We make no explicit or implicit warranties on the service period of the game.

25. Disclaimer of Warranties

25.1YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
    THE SERVICE, THE GAMES, THE WEBSITE AND ALL MATERIALS CONTAINED THEREIN ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. PWE AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS DISCLAIM ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, PERFORMANCE OR SUITABILITY FOR YOUR INTENDED USE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT AS TO THE SERVICE, THE GAME AND THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING ALL INFORMATION, CONTENT AND MATERIALS CONTAINED THEREIN. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, PWE DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE, THE GAMES, THE WEBSITE OR THE MATERIALS CONTAINED THEREIN ARE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, RELIABLE, AVAILABLE, CURRENT OR ERROR-FREE. PWE ALSO DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE GAMES, THE WEBSITE OR ITS SERVERS ARE FREE OF VIRUSES, BUGS, ERRORS OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR DEFECTS, TRANSMIT DATA IN A SECURE MANNER, OR FUNCTION PROPERLY WITH THE SERVICE.

IDIOTS
    Forum-Signature.jpg
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    I would hope in the interest of good customer relations that the rewards for the event we cannot participate in due to a patch issue, will be attributed to our accounts without charge once the issue is resolved.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    xividaxxividax Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    New patch, but game is still broken.