test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

To hell with honor event

Comments

• fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    Eh.. not my favorite map.. but not the worst either. Time to break out my Andoridan Pilot 'speed-scort' so I can zip through it.

Or Pilot manoeuvres indeed.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Eh.. not my favorite map.. but not the worst either. Time to break out my Andoridan Pilot 'speed-scort' so I can zip through it.

Or Pilot manoeuvres indeed.

Yep, Pilot Maneuvers, plus EPTE with the Evasive Maneuvers DoFF. Slap single beams on it and just fly in circles boosting from zone to zone.

Not terribly imaginative, but rather effective. :smiley:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    I also finished this campaign on the very last day of the third event. However due to the way they keep things extra quiet until things are like a week or days away for a limited time I haven't chosen a reward. Like for example there are still some ships that are not part of a pack that would be useful for the free T6 ship. However also hard to choose because you never know when they are going to have a decent ship for the lobi that I may want like the T6 jem hadar attack ship or recon like it was for a limited time. So I guess I will probably just leave it unclaimed until I see something I really really want.

Plus still wondering if the year of the Klingon will even have any Legendary Klingon ships. I liked the idea of Year of the Klingon but as time passes I'm not really feeling much in the form of Klingon stuff. The whole episode and re-mastering of the episodes that is great but just seems like the other side of it hasn't quite peaked my interest. If I had to choose between Discovery Klingon ships and Cryptic's own custom Klingon ships like the T6 Negh'var, Vor'cha, Vo'quv, B'rel, and the science once I'd go with Cryptic made ones.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    The To Hell with Honor TFO from Star Trek Online: Legacy returns as a brand new event! Earn Daily Progress toward a new grand prize reward by assaulting the surface of an alien landscape, dotted with defensive turrets, and explosive emplacements. Take the fight to this enemy, and cripple their strength before they can launch an assault on the galaxy.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11477673-to-hell-with-honor-event!

Space, the final frontier.
    These are the... well we don't voyage anywhere, we just queue.
    Our ongoing mission, to explore... well, we don't explore anymore either.
    To seek out new life, and new civilizations... well, since we're not exploring, not so much... and we'll just be killing them all anyway.
    To boldly go... well, into the same handful of missions, over and over and over, endlessly killing everything we see.

Yep, JUST like Star Trek. I find it very difficult to get excited about ANYTHING in this game anymore.

You found one thing about it you enjoy..

Complaining.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    I love to hell with honor... my Kor scibop is great fun there, decloaking to fire torpedos while dropping anomalies on any target in range while I can't wait to watch the mayhem of my to'duj squadons shredding every turret in range with csv while my captain goes deals with the main targets

Its one of the few missions that -feels- distinctly klingon..plus who doesn't enjoy the background music?
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    There is always a buyout option for these things. It should be available when the event begins. It scales down the more you play.

Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    If they mentioned the Buyout Option and the use of Legacy Tokens in the Announcement then there would be no mistakes and we just can't break that streak. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    It won't matter what they decided to use, someone is bound to complain.
    Pretty much. I for one hate the Crystaline event, and would have hated if they used it.

And no matter how valid ones complaints are, you're guaranteed to defend them no matter how bad or lazy the decision!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    I would have been pretty neutral if it was Crystalline honestly. Mostly because I already got the trophy from it. People like it because it's quick. Used to be faster before they made the charge phases have total damage immunity.

At least its not like the ORIGINAL Crystalline, where Kinetic was BAD JUJU and an open instance with people capable of dropping in at will and undoing all the damage done to it with a single Torp Spread.

I had a friend who was soloing the original Crystalline, with a group cheering him on. He had it down below 10%, only for some random to join, swoop in, and torp spread it back to 100%. And my friend had been working on it for over an hour.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I would have been pretty neutral if it was Crystalline honestly. Mostly because I already got the trophy from it. People like it because it's quick. Used to be faster before they made the charge phases have total damage immunity.

At least its not like the ORIGINAL Crystalline, where Kinetic was BAD JUJU and an open instance with people capable of dropping in at will and undoing all the damage done to it with a single Torp Spread.

I had a friend who was soloing the original Crystalline, with a group cheering him on. He had it down below 10%, only for some random to join, swoop in, and torp spread it back to 100%. And my friend had been working on it for over an hour.

I'd love to give that one a try :D
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Yeah, I'm going to say hard pass on this event
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
    edited September 2020
    lianthelia wrote: »
    And no matter how valid ones complaints are, you're guaranteed to defend them no matter how bad or lazy the decision!
    I tend to only defend them when people talk about things they clearly have no understanding of, typically due to asking for obviously unrealistic, or impossible, things.

As even my forum signature, which is a list of all the problems in all of the Fed/shared missions in the game, shows, I am quite willing to show when they made a mistake, or did something wrong.

Take your obsessive need to straw man anyone not on the hate train elsewhere.

You worship everything the Devs do...it aint a strawman when it's true.

You literally defend every little tiny thing they do no matter how bad it is...you're a white knight for them. They can do no wrong in your eyes and I've literally never seen you say a bad thing about what they do.

If anything you're trying to straw man me by claiming I straw man everyone and I'm on some kind of hate train...when all I do is call you out on your white knighting. Care to show me where all of these other people I'm straw manning are in this thread?

Exactly. you can't
    lianthelia wrote: »
    You worship everything the Devs do...it aint a strawman when it's true.
    >systematically going through every available mission in the game to nitpick every single problem in them, as well as consistently offering up QOL improvements to many areas of the game when the threads come up, is worshiping everything they do.

I love how you people don't even try to make sense anymore.

Oh I'm sorry...I guess you only just do it when they make a decision that doesn't sit well fans...you nitpick the little things...yeah you totally aren't a white knight lol. But lets pretend nit picking over problems and bugs that were probably there for years that have nothing to do with the controversial decisions they make all the time that you constantly defend is being critical

You totally glanced over everything else I said because you can't disprove you...which goes to prove you were straw manning me for a easily defensible position

Thanks for proving me right.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Can you guys not do this please?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • novemberyankeenovemberyankee Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    Will there be a NON-LOBI buyout for the campaign? I still need 1100 so it looks like I will be just short of the grand prize. Or should I just not bother. Don't really care about the Walker.
    Lobi buyouts typically only apply to the summer and winter events.

These event buyouts are Zen based.

Well, all I see right now is Lobi buyout. I am guessing then that the 4-event campaign buyout is just not available yet? Or just it get rolled into legacy for progress in Campaign III, whenever that gets rolled out? Each of the four Feature Events have had a Zen buyout. I missed the buyout for the first event, which closed buyout on 3/20. If I play every single day, I will still wind up with a 100-point campaign progress deficit. 50 points over 20 days is 1,000 campaign progress points. I only have 1,700 progress. 2,800 are needed to claim the campaign prize T6/Lobi choice. There should be a banana pet for that. "Sorry, close but no banana. The moose out front should have told you."

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Lobi Buyouts also apply to the Anniversary Event.

Since this upcoming Event is part of the Mega-Event it will have a Zen Buyout and will allow the use of legacy TFO Commendation Tokens. PERIOD. No wailing and nashing required.

Case closed.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    I am not a fan of that low altitude garbage with all the little guns constantly plinking so maximum impulse is usually unavailable unless you are literally scraping the ceiling (which is a rather immersion breaking annoyance), but it is doable. I would have preferred something new instead of a rerun but with COVID slowing things down it is understandable.

I only need to do it once for the coupon/Lobi campaign, but the pets and prizes look interesting enough to finish the host event too.
This discussion has been closed.