What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

To hell with honor event

13»

Comments

• Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    I am not a fan of that low altitude garbage with all the little guns constantly plinking so maximum impulse is usually unavailable unless you are literally scraping the ceiling (which is a rather immersion breaking annoyance), but it is doable. I would have preferred something new instead of a rerun but with COVID slowing things down it is understandable.

I only need to do it once for the coupon/Lobi campaign, but the pets and prizes look interesting enough to finish the host event too.

I doubt covid has much to do with it, its all about saving money and maximizing profits because the guy in charge treats the game like a mobile game, because he has a background in mobile gaming. Their priorities are putting out content they can monetize or reuse, you know like having a button that allows you to skip the event and get the rewards if you're willing to spend money?
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    Starting September 8th, until September 29th btw (it's near the bottom of the article).

I feel we need more device slots. What's the point of having ever more combat pets, devices, Tribbles and boosters if you can hardly use most of them?

Give them to your boffs. It's gotta be better than a combat tribble.
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    swamarian wrote: »
    Starting September 8th, until September 29th btw (it's near the bottom of the article).

I feel we need more device slots. What's the point of having ever more combat pets, devices, Tribbles and boosters if you can hardly use most of them?

Give them to your boffs. It's gotta be better than a combat tribble.

I could, but I don't use Boffs on the ground.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User

I feel the same with ship traits(and traits in general to an extent), as there are too many good traits and too few slots(5) for them. I mean I dont even care for new traits anymore
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Can you guys not do this please?

I am in agreement. Order in the court guys or else the mods will intervene.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    lianthelia wrote: »
    I doubt covid has much to do with it, its all about saving money and maximizing profits because the guy in charge treats the game like a mobile game, because he has a background in mobile gaming. Their priorities are putting out content they can monetize or reuse, you know like having a button that allows you to skip the event and get the rewards if you're willing to spend money?
    This ignoring that buyouts for events have existed since before Andre took over, and it was only after Andre took over that they introduced scaling buyouts, which made buying out cheaper then before.

Thanks for proving all my points...that you'll defend the scummy things they do and that you literally only attack my weakest points! What a blessing you are going and proving everything for me!

But you also forgot to mention that since he took over they removed stuff like tickets/tokens where if you didn't finish a event you could still complete it next time it came around, thus pressuring more people to spend zen/money if they want to finish the event but they can't be active every day for it ;)
  • Options
    lordmerc22 wrote: »

I feel the same with ship traits(and traits in general to an extent), as there are too many good traits and too few slots(5) for them. I mean I dont even care for new traits anymore

Well, traits are very potent so it makes sense to limit those.

A combat pet, hypo or extra Tribble on the other hand, wouldn't matter as much I think.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    We didn't even get a Week off.

I'm pretty sure that if playing the game is a chore for you, and variety a problem, then the game is playing you.

• Options
    crusty8mac wrote: »

I'm pretty sure that if playing the game is a chore for you, and variety a problem, then the game is playing you.

This is exactly why they removed tokens and pushed to make rewards event only...so they can dupe spending money so they don't have to play all the time, it's also why the game has been almost nothing but non-stop events in 2020...

Constantly recycling content with little effort in hopes people will just throw money at the screen for the shiny
  • Options
    lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User

This is exactly why they removed tokens and pushed to make rewards event only...so they can dupe spending money so they don't have to play all the time, it's also why the game has been almost nothing but non-stop events in 2020...

Constantly recycling content with little effort in hopes people will just throw money at the screen for the shiny

2019 was like that too, an endless events grind

the problem is at least up to ViL and for some time after its release I could spend my time in the game in what gave me most fun, whatever I felt like doing. Nowadays you need to X event because you will usually miss X onetime reward(Yes there is Mudd market but the prices are a ripoff) and in that way they indirectly force you to participate in all or almost all. I think they need to tone down the number of events per year but I suspect its their way to keep us busy while they release content in slower pace(note that we get less episodes per season even if many got nice quality)
  • Options
    (note that we get less episodes per season even if many got nice quality)
    Actually, we used to get one episode per season, which was once every 3 months. Now we get two episodes per season, which are typically 4 months apart. Cryptic has actually increased the rate they put out new missions by switching to this dual release mission release structure, as the missions sharing many of the same VAs/environments allows them to be made quicker.

There you are running around with their banner every time you can!

But as always playing with your strawman you leave out important details that don't fit your narrative like we've barely gotten any new STFs...most of these events are just recycled events. We haven't gotten a new reputation or holding in a very long time and the only new sets we get anymore are lobi based.

So yeah, here I am having to fill in the facts you left out again because you're more concerned with painting a lovely picture of Cryptic that actually being completely honest.
  • Options
    garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    This event looks like a snooze to me, so I will probably not participate when it comes to Xbox in a few years. I do not enjoy the TFO because it is a lag fest. The rewards don't excite me at all. More ground combat pet spam, no thank you.
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
    OK pardon me slipping into the n00b zone... is this a space tfo or a space/ground? I have not played in but the writeup I read says the rift spawn walkers... and for those who did play this.. EPG ships are no go? how about torp boats? or do I just need to dust off Discoprise again?
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    I am not a fan of that low altitude garbage with all the little guns constantly plinking so maximum impulse is usually unavailable unless you are literally scraping the ceiling (which is a rather immersion breaking annoyance), but it is doable. I would have preferred something new instead of a rerun but with COVID slowing things down it is understandable.

I only need to do it once for the coupon/Lobi campaign, but the pets and prizes look interesting enough to finish the host event too.

They removed the 9,000 pointless turrets when they brought it to console, hopefully they've now fixed it for PC too.
  • Options
    edited September 2020

the problem is at least up to ViL and for some time after its release I could spend my time in the game in what gave me most fun, whatever I felt like doing. Nowadays you need to X event because you will usually miss X onetime reward(Yes there is Mudd market but the prices are a ripoff) and in that way they indirectly force you to participate in all or almost all. I think they need to tone down the number of events per year but I suspect its their way to keep us busy while they release content in slower pace(note that we get less episodes per season even if many got nice quality)

I don't own the red angel suit. I took a month off. It didn't kill me.

I skipped the 1 free ultimate event. I skipped grinding extra days for a little extra dill in the other events. That didn't kill me either.

Yes, if you do every day of every event fatigue will probably happen, but that's a self-inflicted wound. It's OK to skip extra days. It's OK to skip entire events.

A few players actually want 365 event days a year and complain about weeks not having an event. We don't need to be like them :)
  • Options
    OK pardon me slipping into the n00b zone... is this a space tfo or a space/ground? I have not played in but the writeup I read says the rift spawn walkers... and for those who did play this.. EPG ships are no go? how about torp boats? or do I just need to dust off Discoprise again?

It's a 100% space TFO where you are attacking ground targets on a moon. I'm not sure why EPG or torp boats would be a problem. I hadn't heard that, where did you?
  • Options
    foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User

I don't own the red angel suit. I took a month off. It didn't kill me.

I skipped the 1 free ultimate event. I skipped grinding extra days for a little extra dill in the other events. That didn't kill me either.

Yes, if you do every day of every event fatigue will probably happen, but that's a self-inflicted wound. It's OK to skip extra days. It's OK to skip entire events.

A few players actually want 365 event days a year and complain about weeks not having an event. We don't need to be like them :)

Yep.

I am skipping the current red alert event. I have over the years skipped several of the 14 day events. You do not need to do every event they conduct in this game. You are not being forced (directly or indirectly) to do these events.

You, and only you make the decision to do these events. If you burnout, it is entirely due to your own choices.

No item is really "necessary" to play this game. It is not like missing out on a item means you can never do a queue, story mission or be a vaulable member of a TFO team.
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • Options

It's a 100% space TFO where you are attacking ground targets on a moon. I'm not sure why EPG or torp boats would be a problem. I hadn't heard that, where did you?

Maybe because those EPG abilities have longer cooldowns than beam firing cycles.

That may make it a suboptimal choice if you're moving fast though a target rich environment where the targets are spread out (and thus cannot all be damaged by a handful abilities).

Just a guess... I don't think it's a particularly bad choice to fly an EPG ship in that mission, but this could be a line of thinking as to why it may be.

• Options
    For that same reason, I never play Into the Breach much on my main Sci.

Hitting those turrets fast can be difficult with only sci abilities with rather long cooldowns - and torpedoes that at times won't fire because there's a single polaron beam in the rear finishing its round and so on.

And of course a single spread can only be fired like every 15 seconds. Compare that to B:FAW which can be kept up like 100% of the time.

• Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User

at the beginning of this thread?
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I don't know what other people think an EPG build is, but the first time this STF came around was the anniversary. I ran my legendary intrepid and the lucky drop from the free promo boxes of my Son'a Collector ship through it several times. They both seemed to have an easier time of things given that giant anomalies wreck the main camps.

Random turrets you can just fly high past. You're in space! Why are you low enough to take flak?
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    maybe they think they have to kill all the turrets too?
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    I don't know what other people think an EPG build is, but the first time this STF came around was the anniversary. I ran my legendary intrepid and the lucky drop from the free promo boxes of my Son'a Collector ship through it several times. They both seemed to have an easier time of things given that giant anomalies wreck the main camps.

Random turrets you can just fly high past. You're in space! Why are you low enough to take flak?

I didn't mention the camps for a reason.

Of course EPG builds can do great there.

This discussion has been closed.