• Options
    relicthiefrelicthief Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Maybe it's a Gowron clone?
    Ancient Alien.
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    relicthief wrote: »

Apparently they are replacing one of the existing Disco Klingons from the Disco story missions with the "Gowron" guy, so it's apparently(?) supposed to be one of his ancestors(?).

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    relicthief wrote: »

Apparently they are replacing one of the existing Disco Klingons from the Disco story missions with the "Gowron" guy, so it's apparently(?) supposed to be one of his ancestors(?).

Well that's a common theme in the series which I kinda like.
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,264 Arc User
    Well Akaar the klingon guy who is suppose to be Gowron's ancestor was rather generic before this, so I hope this will give him more depth then "hypocritical klingon bad guy".
  • Options
    spiritborn wrote: »
    Well Akaar the klingon guy who is suppose to be Gowron's ancestor was rather generic before this, so I hope this will give him more depth then "hypocritical klingon bad guy".

Oh, no doubt. Since they are bringing in the actual actor (Robert O'Reilly) they will obviously be having him record a lot of dialogue, so that character will probably get a lot added to him.

Plus I'm pretty sure they are not just replacing him in the older missions but adding several new missions that will probably involve him as well.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,508 Arc User
    Come to think of it, a way of getting him into the modern setting would be easy, he could have been one of the seemingly endless horde who got shot forward from the Starbase One attack.
  • Options
    Come to think of it, a way of getting him into the modern setting would be easy, he could have been one of the seemingly endless horde who got shot forward from the Starbase One attack.
    To be honest, the fleet attacking SB1 was probably a significant portion of the Klingon fleet(s) that said it would be nice if we got of the mix of 23c and 25c designs in House Mo'kai fleets to represent that J'ula had to get new ships/crews that weren't part of her original fleet.
  • Options
    To be honest, the fleet attacking SB1 was probably a significant portion of the Klingon fleet(s) that said it would be nice if we got of the mix of 23c and 25c designs in House Mo'kai fleets to represent that J'ula had to get new ships/crews that weren't part of her original fleet.

Did you miss the 10th anniversary TFO where the PC literally attacked a shipyard loyal to J'ula, building and refitting 25th century ships for her?
  • Options

Did you miss the 10th anniversary TFO where the PC literally attacked a shipyard loyal to J'ula, building and refitting 25th century ships for her?

No I didn't miss it, but we blew most of that force into space dust, so J'ula shouldn't have that many 23c ships left (upgrade or otherwise) and would have to "make do" with ships her allies give her (possibly crews as well).
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Given that this was the last #StovokorSaturday, for now at least, I wanted to makea list of everything we have seen revamped
    • Klingon hairs
    • Klingon skin tints
    • Klingon uniforms
    • Klingon NPCs(Kagran, J'mpok, Worf)
    • Klingon ships(B'rel, K't'inga, Vor'cha)
    • Klingon ship bridge and interior space
    • Maps including Khitomer, Rura Penthe, and Qo'nos

And as you mentioned, those are just the revamped items. They are also adding new KDF focused(not faction exclusive) missions and patrols and TFOs related to those new missions. And some exciting new VO actors for those new missions/patrols/TFOs (and probably re-voicing some existing missions too).

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    That said I suppose some people won't be satisfied unless Cryptic gives a massive middle finger to anything who isn't an exclusively Klingon player and make all the new content 100% faction locked (knowing some people here it wouldn't surprise me at all if they insisted that those rewamped NPCs should be visible to klingon players only with others having the old NPCs).

Regardless it looks nice and seeing as they rewamped Worf I wonder if Micheal Dorn is making new VO, I seem to remember him having a fallout with Cryptic but it seems kind of odd for them to take the effort to rewamp Worf and not have him play a major role.
  • Options
    > @spiritborn said:
    > That said I suppose some people won't be satisfied unless Cryptic gives a massive middle finger to anything who isn't an exclusively Klingon player and make all the new content 100% faction locked (knowing some people here it wouldn't surprise me at all if they insisted that those rewamped NPCs should be visible to klingon players only with others having the old NPCs).
    >

Um...maybe? But fortunately I haven't seen anybody saying anything like that recently 👍

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    > @spiritborn said:
    > That said I suppose some people won't be satisfied unless Cryptic gives a massive middle finger to anything who isn't an exclusively Klingon player and make all the new content 100% faction locked (knowing some people here it wouldn't surprise me at all if they insisted that those rewamped NPCs should be visible to klingon players only with others having the old NPCs).
    >

Um...maybe? But fortunately I haven't seen anybody saying anything like that recently 👍

Yeah thankfully I've not seen such either recently that is but some people do have history of attacking others for even suggesting content that FED players could play, though personally any content is fine for me.
  • Options
    revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    I just want more faction specific options for missions, rather than missions locked for specific factions.
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    I just want more faction specific options for missions, rather than missions locked for specific factions.

you and every non federation only player, including me, but that apparently just asking too much.

was running a newish character though the delta raising stuff and could spend the whole time being wildly unimpressed the starfleet characters it was great.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    Adetpa grew some hair. Interesting.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator

Oh I think she's always had hair. ;)

Retcon joke aside, the new model for Adet'pa is a significant improvement.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    > @spiritborn said:
    >

Yeah thankfully I've not seen such either recently that is but some people do have history of attacking others for even suggesting content that FED players could play, though personally any content is fine for me.

My issue is Fed getting stuff that Klingon players can only get access to in lockbox such as a dedicated heavy carrier for example.

Hell I want to see the next legendary as the HMS Bounty B'rel, no reason it can be an all-faction ship like the T'liss.

• Options
  • Options
    My issue is Fed getting stuff that Klingon players can only get access to in lockbox such as a dedicated heavy carrier for example.

On the other hand, KDF have access to things Feds have to shell out an arm and a leg to get in return. Superior Area Denial? KDF got the sweet end of the deal. Feds have to shell out for a whole ship to get it. KDF just get the trait in a box by itself. That argument goes both ways.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »

Oh I think she's always had hair. ;)

Retcon joke aside, the new model for Adet'pa is a significant improvement.

Personally I would have picture her to be older, from the way she's described in the stories it sounds like she was more closer to the klingon equilevant of 60s or 70s, not this equilevant to late 30s she looks in game atm.

Also I think the generic model she had in VIL had grey hair and older face model.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    living on nimbus for decades should make anyone look old, no matter how young they actually are

risa, it is not​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,216 Arc User
    Given that this was the last #StovokorSaturday, for now at least, I wanted to makea list of everything we have seen revamped
    • Klingon hairs
    • Klingon skin tints
    • Klingon uniforms
    • Klingon NPCs(Kagran, J'mpok, Worf)
    • Klingon ships(B'rel, K't'inga, Vor'cha)
    • Klingon ship bridge and interior space
    • Maps including Khitomer, Rura Penthe, and Qo'nos

And as you mentioned, those are just the revamped items. They are also adding new KDF focused(not faction exclusive) missions and patrols and TFOs related to those new missions. And some exciting new VO actors for those new missions/patrols/TFOs (and probably re-voicing some existing missions too).

Is it bad that honestly out of all those things the one that excites me the most is the Hair being fixed? Like all the other stuff is great of course, but Klingon hair has looked like PS1 graphics for like what 10 years now?
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    Personally I would have picture her to be older, from the way she's described in the stories it sounds like she was more closer to the klingon equilevant of 60s or 70s, not this equilevant to late 30s she looks in game atm.

Assuming Klingons age at the same rate Humans do. Don't forget Vulcans have longer lifespans. Klingons might as well.
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »

Assuming Klingons age at the same rate Humans do. Don't forget Vulcans have longer lifespans. Klingons might as well.

That's why I said "equilevant" so for a vulcan the equilevant for human in their 60s or 70s would probably be around 200 or so, same for Klingons (we know they live longer then humans as we had captains who were enemies of Kirk alive during DS9, even if they were old enough to start going senile.)

So my problem isn't her actual age but rather that she looks "too young" on that vid based on the previous depictions. That said I could be mistaken and she was always meant to look that young.
  • Options
    Well feds have a boat load of legendaries, Roms just got thiers. It's pretty logical to assume that a Klingon legendary will appear so what do we want, D7 or B'rel?

I'm on the fence, a B'rel legendary would just be a legendary T'liss clone but is extremely iconic. A D7 would mean we'd finaly get one for zen rather than lockbox which is out of reach to most casual players.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Klingons live longer as well. DS9, Arne Darvin, Kor, Kokoth, and Kang. They gray.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.