test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

✳️ "Boost any Romulan character straight to level 65" + Legendary ship ✳️

Comments

• crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Now, a Legendary Valdore would be more interesting to me...
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • ee3452pee3452p Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    I do have the T6 Malem and T5 version (they gave that one out for free once). What is completely lacking is a DISCOUNT for people who already own items in the pack. Quite frankly it seems that Cryptic doesn't bother with that, they don't seem to care if I pay for the same item twice or thrice. Just as with Mudds market, they don't care if someone pays the full undiscounted price for stuff. And there are some people who will do that, and Cryptic readily and knowingly accepts that and just takes the money.

And it is exactly this ATTITUDE which bothers me. Cryptic will have to do much much better if they want any money from me in the future.
    Post edited by ee3452p on
    A zero cost way for Cryptic to finance and expand the foundry

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1247522/foundry-sunset-april-11th-2019/p15

Look at my post about a Foundry Ship

BRING BACK THE FOUNDRY!
  • bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Well then that would get the Romulans 'out of the way' for Legendary treatmen. Then take care of the Klingons and their Legendary Ship(s) in 'The Year of Klingon'. Finish up with the Jem'Hadar Legendary and everyone is covered.

What would be the Legendary Jem'Hadar Ship, you ask? Well, we have already seen them experiment with it by putting it in the Lobi Store on limited sale at around times where they are starting to make Lobi availible as Reward Alternatives. The Jem'Hadar Strike, etc. Ship. You already have three variations.

If they are going to do anything with the Dominion I would rather they expand it out to a full demi-faction (like the Romulans) instead of just making some token "Legendary" ship. Not everyone wants to run a mook and the Dominion is the only "faction" in the game where that is the only choice.

+1
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    > @bltrrn said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > +1

I wouldn't call the Romulan's a full faction in this game. You play a few missions before being forced to choose a faction, which should of had the options for an independent Romulan Republic and the Romulan Star Empire instead of siding with the Fed's or KDF.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    ee3452p wrote: »
    I do have the T6 Malem and T5 version (they gave that one out for free once). What is completely lacking is a DISCOUNT for people who already own items in the pack. Quite frankly it seems that Cryptic doesn't bother with that, they don't seem to care if I pay for the same item twice or thrice. Just as with Mudds market, they don't care if someone pays the full undiscounted price for stuff. And there are some people who will do that, and Cryptic readily and knowingly accepts that and just takes the money.

And it is exactly this ATTITUDE which bothers me. Cryptic will have to do much much better if they want any money from me in the future.

Didn't Cryptic do that "if you already own something you get a discount on this bigger pack/bundle" at least once?

I figure since they've shown they have the capability to do so they may not possibly always be able, maybe code CBS or PWE restrictions or something, or probably don't find the effort worth it so decide not to offer that type of itemized discount.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,494 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    > @bltrrn said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > +1

I wouldn't call the Romulan's a full faction in this game. You play a few missions before being forced to choose a faction, which should of had the options for an independent Romulan Republic and the Romulan Star Empire instead of siding with the Fed's or KDF.

That is why I said full demi-faction not full faction.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    This release would have been better if Cryptic hadn't inflated the price so much for a lot of questionable stuff outside the ship itself.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • darpendragondarpendragon Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Didn't Cryptic do that "if you already own something you get a discount on this bigger pack/bundle" at least once?

I figure since they've shown they have the capability to do so they may not possibly always be able, maybe code CBS or PWE restrictions or something, or probably don't find the effort worth it so decide not to offer that type of itemized discount.

They only do discounts for the big "expansion" packs if you had bought the starter versions of those pack, never for ship packs.

In fact, if you have bought a ship that was part of a bundle, they usually prevent you from buying that bundle.

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Oh dear - no Zen charge bonus, as there was with the Federation Legendary Pack?

No sale.

The discount is till the 30th so it may come around before then.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    "For less ancient Trek fans the Picard skin would also be a lock box or promo ship without this.

*face palm*

DgzGcGb.jpg
    Us TOS fans don't all have brittle hips, eat dinner at 3 pm, and use an aluminum walker to go watch Wheel of Fortune, you know. :/

I guess they never heard of the power of syndication! :blush:

Considering that TV isn't a thing anymore...
    Facinating.

I use a TV for my Xbox and PC.
    I use a TV to watch cable networks that is cheaper than all the paywalls that's all the rage.
    My mother likes using the smart TV to use YouTube.

Why watch programs on a mini screen on smart phones and tablets when I can use a 60"+ TV instead?
  • zaravex62zaravex62 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    They just lost money with no zen boost game workshop got my money instead
    lasonio wrote: »
    Me gonna get this, since this will be the only way I can get a T'Liss, one of my favorites of TOS.

It is a pretty good deal actually. And the Picard version looks really nice to me. Still not getting it...but it's damn that ship looks nice.

When I get mine, I'll park next to you to check it out, if you like. :)

Damn, that is coldblooded, just savage. I am laughing so hard my face hurts.

I know it's not meant the way I read it and I am certain everyone can in time afford this item and it's a nice thing you're doing and its meant to be kind but still it's hilariously funny. Just killing people with kindness. It's so viciously funny you kind of expect to see it in a romcom or a sitcom cause their is no thought about the word play adding more value to the comedy.

Just comic gold. I imagine a dude sitting in a Chrysler 300 and then you pull up in a Rolls Royce phantom and say that same statement. I would just keel over laughing.

My nephew used to want to check out the cars I'd bought over the years. But when he bought himself a Dodge Charger, he couldn't be bothered to ask if I wanted to take a look at his car.

Some people laugh at the strangest things.

questerius wrote: »

No sale.

The 25th is supposed to be when the third ship token/Lobi Crystal event is supposed to wrap up, so I'm assuming the Summer Event will start then. Which is also when they might toss in the Summer Zen charge bonus.
    I bought Legendary ship bundle.

The "Level 65 Romulan Captain Pack" appears in the Items/'Top Selling Items' and 'All' categories.
    questerius wrote: »

No sale.

The 25th is supposed to be when the third ship token/Lobi Crystal event is supposed to wrap up, so I'm assuming the Summer Event will start then. Which is also when they might toss in the Summer Zen charge bonus.

Cryptic's Summer Events on Risa are usually pretty fun imo.
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Edit nvm figured it out.
    Post edited by ussvaliant#6064 on
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    If they don't have the Charge Bonus when a Bundle first appears on Sale there won't be one before that Bundle goes off Sale. They would have a riot on their hands. They pulled the same BS with the Stealing Time Bundle.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    edited June 2020

The "Level 65 Romulan Captain Pack" appears in the Items/'Top Selling Items' and 'All' categories.

Have you claimed the boffs? What are they?
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User

Have you claimed the boffs? What are they?

I am also curious about the BOFFs. I will be buying the bundle with dil/zen, but I play on xbox so it is still some time before I will have access.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,110 Arc User
    "For less ancient Trek fans the Picard skin would also be a lock box or promo ship without this.

*face palm*

DgzGcGb.jpg
    Us TOS fans don't all have brittle hips, eat dinner at 3 pm, and use an aluminum walker to go watch Wheel of Fortune, you know. :/

I guess they never heard of the power of syndication! :blush:

Considering that TV isn't a thing anymore...
    Facinating.

I use a TV for my Xbox and PC.
    I use a TV to watch cable networks that is cheaper than all the paywalls that's all the rage.
    My mother likes using the smart TV to use YouTube.

Why watch programs on a mini screen on smart phones and tablets when I can use a 60"+ TV instead?

Plus you can still buy an actual antenna for HDTVs and still watch local and Network TV for 'free' over the air. :)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    normally when a game introduces a level boost item... it's to the OLD level cap so new folks can come in and play with their friends as they do new grind. They did offer up free level boosts to L60 previously for select folks when they raised the cap to L65. Just a thought.
  • acethepugacethepug Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Nevermind, found it
  • claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    I am curious about the boffs, do they have any unique traits?
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    Looking at the in-game info it says "inventory, bank, BOFF and starship slots". Are those account-wide or restricted to the character that opens them?
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Looking at the in-game info it says "inventory, bank, BOFF and starship slots". Are those account-wide or restricted to the character that opens them?

those items have always been character based... who opens/uses is who gets.
  • darpendragondarpendragon Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    > @tigeraries said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > those items have always been character based... who opens/uses is who gets.

Unless that character already has full slots, then there will be account bound token(s) that can be traded to other characters to be used.
    In-game chat there's been a few commenting about their bundle's BOFFs & the lack of SRO & Infiltrator but I would've sworn on Cryptic's Ten Forward Weekly they stated the BOFFs would have those traits, oh well maybe it isn't all the BOFFs. Not buying so won't affect me.

I've also seen, on YouTube, where this Legendary T'liss is having visual option problems at the Ship Tailor, but that is a minor issue I'd think. The ship designs & options are impressive imo.

The surprise all things Romulan sale is a nice addition to coincide with the T'liss Legend.

Another LTS sale? Wasn't there just a LTS sale recently & this one even isn't $150?

This pack should've, imo, included a unique experimental "plasma" weapon or just gone 5/3 &/or included a unique Plasma Omni for more distinct Rom flavor.
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    In-game chat there's been a few commenting about their bundle's BOFFs & the lack of SRO & Infiltrator but I would've sworn on Cryptic's Ten Forward Weekly they stated the BOFFs would have those traits, oh well maybe it isn't all the BOFFs. Not buying so won't affect me.

I've also seen, on YouTube, where this Legendary T'liss is having visual option problems at the Ship Tailor, but that is a minor issue I'd think. The ship designs & options are impressive imo.

The surprise all things Romulan sale is a nice addition to coincide with the T'liss Legend.

Another LTS sale? Wasn't there just a LTS sale recently & this one even isn't $150?

This pack should've, imo, included a unique experimental "plasma" weapon or just gone 5/3 &/or included a unique Plasma Omni for more distinct Rom flavor.

A unique Plasma omni would have been a nice addition to this bundle.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    This would have been a good opportunity to provide Romulans with Advanced Plasma Arrays like provided on the Discovery Constitution (Phaser) and Discovery D7 (Disruptor).
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,211 Arc User
    To those of you wondering of the 6 buffs only 2 have Romulan Officer, none of subterfuge or infiltrator. And the space gear is absolutely worthless. 4 beam arrays, 2 dual heavy cannons, 1 dual cannon, and 1 turret and 2 plasma torpedoes. Along with 4 plasma consoles, 2 part generators and then 2 of 3 different bad science consoles, and some mediocre engineering consoles

You do however get a warp core and a singularity core, and the space gear is decent if not that good.

The only things I actually liked were the ground gear. You get 1 of each of the 6 Special Plasma guns that have ammo, along with an extra piercing plasma and repeating plasma, and the armor and shields aren't too bad. The kit is bad, but having all the kit modules is nice.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
This discussion has been closed.