test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

✳️ "Boost any Romulan character straight to level 65" + Legendary ship ✳️

thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User

For any that can't see the tweet due to blocks, here is a pic:

https://i.imgur.com/JoQs90J.jpg

And no, they did not actually "reveal" the ship in the video (it was still blacked out at the end).

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    cenellcenell Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    your kidding? boost to 65? like its SO hard to just level, half the fun is playing through the storyline, maybe not for the 5th or 6th time, but still. this is outright lame, and the ship outline? legendary t'liss? this one is either outright desperation or no common sense went into its creation. Sorry cryptic, not taking the bite on this one, going to have to do better.
  • Options
    furyofthefugafuryofthefuga Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    haha...ha...haaaa....
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Updated the OP with the twitter post rather than facebook. Price will be 6k (on sale) then 12k later.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    If it's a promo pack level ship and an iconic design like the Fed legendaries then sure, 6,000 zen is reasonable.

Otherwise: NOPE.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    > If it's a promo pack level ship and an iconic design like the Fed legendaries then sure, 6,000 zen is reasonable.
    >
    > Otherwise: NOPE.

It's going to be the BOP from Picard with the TOS, Tavaro, and Malem variants included. So it's basically the Romulan equivalent of the TOS connie they put in the Legendary bundle.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    It's going to be the BOP from Picard with the TOS, Tavaro, and Malem variants included. So it's basically the Romulan equivalent of the TOS connie they put in the Legendary bundle.

It's still $60 for one ship. As opposed to $150 on the legendary bundle (when it was on sale) for ten ships.
    Lets see
    -A max level boost, something typically valued at 60 dollars in other MMOs like WoW

Which is idiotic, because I've seen other games offer that for $20. Given the level squish coming in Shadowlands, one wonders if that's going to get dropped.
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • Options
    bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    All I have to say...
    CvSvOfPWAAADzg7.jpg​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • Options
    Lets see
    -A max level boost, something typically valued at 60 dollars in other MMOs like WoW
    -A T6 ship, something typically sold at 30 bucks in STO
    -70 unknown items apparently valued at 42cents each
    Being sold for 120 bucks.

I wouldn't buy it, but the pricing makes sense.

Except max level in other MMOs like WoW takes a lot longer to reach. ;)
  • Options
    Updated the OP with the twitter post rather than facebook. Price will be 6k (on sale) then 12k later.

May be good to update with a screen capture as well or something? Work blocks twitter.... :P
  • Options
    joshmaul wrote: »

It's still $60 for one ship.

Except it's not though, because of the other stuff that comes with it. No, I won't argue that other stuff makes up for the price (to me), but the factual point is that it's not simply $60 for the ship, it's $60 for the pack that includes all the stuff.

May be good to update with a screen capture as well or something? Work blocks twitter.... :P

Done!

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    "Blacked out".

It's a T'liss-class. Presumably a T6 T'liss with some really cool ability that looks like the one from PIC, but the outline is quite distinctive.

Personally, I'm not going to buy it because I see no particular reason to fast-track a Rom all the way to the top, but for some people endgame is the only game, so to them it might be worth it.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    jonsills wrote: »
    "Blacked out".

It's a T'liss-class. Presumably a T6 T'liss with some really cool ability that looks like the one from PIC, but the outline is quite distinctive.

Ofc. But they have clearly "hidden" it for a reason. It's not simply the TOS T'Liss we already have in game, it's the one from Picard (like you mentioned). But regardless of us already knowing they, they have not yet officially revealed that ship. I just wanted to make clear to those viewing my picture that I did not take it "too early" before the ship appeared.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Does every 'Legendary' Ship need to be introduced with cutesy rigermarole?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options

Done!

Thanks! :)
  • Options
    fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    You don't even need the boost. My KDF toon was 65 after the dyson sphere episodes.

I'd pay 6k for a legendary B'rel so I guess the real Rom fans would happily do the same for this.
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    Since my Romulan is already at 65 and has a legendary D'deridex (fleet T6 whatitsnameclass with D'd skin)... does this Romulan teasing from the recent days comes with some fancy little things for those that really don't need the offered big gun highlights of that bundle? Not that I feel like I lack something for the guy; just curious.
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    cenell wrote: »
    your kidding? boost to 65? like its SO hard to just level, half the fun is playing through the storyline ...

Exactly. Leveling a character happens so fast as it is and the storyline missions can be a lot of fun.

Perhaps this is aimed at those who started with with a non-romulan Federation toon but found it inadequate and would like to replace it with one who can have a bridge crew full of SRO's and cheap access to a DPRM?
  • Options
    foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    So Cryptic is going the piece-meal approach for Romulan & maybe Klingon Legendary version ships. Sure, Cryptic will toss-in some lesser items & services to "add-value" to the bundle but when compared to the Federation legendary bundle it will be costing more for probable lesser quality, subjective, & looks like lesser quantity for sure based upon this offering. If this succeeds then no chance in heck for the Fed Legendary bundle to make a come-back instead Cryptic will piece-meal each of the Fed Legendary ships this way too along with any future Rom Legend shps & KDF Legend ships.

Weak marketing trying to emphasize an automatic level boost to 65 as your initial big ploy stated when such an easy task to achieve.

The blacked out ship looks like a T'liss unless it is suppose to be just a standard blacked out ship placement stand-in.

"over 70 different high level items, & the ability to set up your build," sounds like *boutique* itemized pay to win. So go Epic Mk XV or go home.

I'm guessing many titles, emotes, pets, possible Romulan cosmetics, & Scimitar & T'laru bridges will be included too.

What is it with gaining some success & praise that causes a few at Cryptic want to get greedy & go for the jugular, Star Citizen envy?
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Everyone rant: why do I have to pay $180+ for a single-character promo pack ship?

Cryptic: Here, have some account-wide promo pack level ship bundles!

Fed Legendary rant: why do I have to pay $200 and get 10 ships when I only want one!?

Rom Legendary rant: why do I have to pay $60 and only get 1 ship!?

Cryptic can't win here.

Oh well. People complain, but they still open their wallets. Thanks for funding the game so I can keep playing.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Fed Legendary rant: why do I have to pay $200 and get 10 ships when I only want one!?

Cryptic can't win here.

FYI: I am buying this pack and am OK with the price.

However, you are making a bad faith argument because the numbers in question are not proportional. In other words, 10 ships for $200 breaks down to $20 each, not $60 each. Replace the $60 with $100 and point becomes even more clear: just because someone "asks to buy something individually" does not mean they are ALSO asking to pay a higher than proportional price for the individual item.

This is essentially your agument:

Person(at McDonalds): Hmm. The meal(with a burger, fries, and a drink) is $5, but I only want the fries.

Cashier: Ok, that will be $4.

Person: What? $4 for just fries is too much!

Cashier: Nope! You asked for just the fries, so you don't get to complain about the price!

And yes, I exaggerated the differences to make the point clear, but it is still just as valid.

There are certainly good arguments to be made about player/customer hypocrisy, but yours (in this specific case) isn't one of them.

Again though, as I stated at the start: I have no problem with this pack.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User

Cryptic can't win here.

However, you are making a bad faith argument because the numbers in question are not proportional. In other words, 10 ships for $200 breaks down to $20 each, not $60 each. Replace the $60 with $100 and point becomes even more clear: just because someone "asks to buy something individually" does not mean they are ALSO asking to pay a higher than proportional price for the individual item.

Person(at McDonalds): Hmm. The meal(with a burger, fries, and a drink) is $5, but I only want the fries.

Cashier: Nope! You asked for just the fries, so you don't get to complain about the price!

And yes, I exaggerated the differences to make the point clear, but it is still just as valid.

There are certainly good arguments to be made about player/customer hypocrisy, but yours (in this specific case) isn't one of them.

Well, if i didn't have all the variations of the T'Varo.. i would buy this.. also i'm pretty sure the Temporal T?liss will be included in the pack, that, and the legendary one, would make the pack quite worthy.. wish i had the money.. :neutral:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »

Yes. Otherwise, it wouldn't be Legendary!

;)
  • Options
    edited June 2020

Cryptic can't win here.

Except that we will probably be getting an account-wide ship for $60 that would until now have sold as a single-character loot box ship for $250 (from Cryptic) or $120-$180 (from the Exchange).

IMHO, anyone expecting a "Legendary" bundle to sell for the same price as a regular C-Store ship is being unreasonable, let alone for $20 individually.

Also, I wasn't claiming that the same people are the Fed ranters and Rom ranters, just that no matter what pricing model Cryptic picks they get ranters so they can't win / can't make everyone happy.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    Might get it, especially if it means getting a TOS Romulan ship without sacrificing a goat or a virgin, or deal with the jerks on the Exchange when it comes to ships. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    kiralyn wrote: »
    ltminns wrote: »

Yes. Otherwise, it wouldn't be Legendary!

;)

Wait for it!!!
  • Options
    Might get it, especially if it means getting a TOS Romulan ship without sacrificing a goat or a virgin, or deal with the jerks on the Exchange when it comes to ships. :)

Goats are quite expensive!... not good for sacrifice!
This discussion has been closed.